#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Sick of AI

Sick of Adam

Sick of Kris

Sick of the whole fan war brouhaha.

Love Clay

Love Clay's Voice

Love Clay's Butt

Love Clay's Unfiltered, Non-PC Opinions.

Kim

Kareneh... no, it is dried sage tied in a bundle, which is why you usually find it in a metaphysical bookstore. Sometimes healthfood stores carry it. You set it on fire, but blow the fire out so it is just smoking. You put a pie tin or something under it what will catch any ashes and wave the smoke into each corner of each room, including closets, etc. It smells great and chases any negatively away. Has been used that way by many peoples. There are other herbs that can be used besides sage, but that's the most commonly used one.

I used to get my sage and sweetgrass in Houston at Lucia's Garden, a shop that sells oils, stones, herbs, chimes, fountains, medicine bags and healing books. It's just a few blocks from KAndre's place. Now I get it at Eagle Dancer, a Native American shop just a mile or so from my house. They have sage, cedar, sweetgrass, soaps, baskets, paintings and jewelry.

I love to mix sage and cedar. As my Cherokee friend taught me, the sweetgrass invites the spirits in, and the sage runs out any negative spirits that may have sneaked in with the smoke from the sweetgrass.

With the day I've had so far, I need to pat myself down right now and take a good personal smudging. Started the day by tossing coffee grounds on the floor, in the semi-dark, where the trash was supposed to be -- and then I ground up a shotglass in the garbage disposal about five minutes later. Obviously, the negative word for today is ..... ground(s). Today is my youngest son's birthday (hence he took a shot of Patron at midnight which somehow caused the shotglass to end up IN the garbage disposal). For his birthday this evening, we were going to grill burgers as a prelude to the fabulous raspberry walnut cheesecake, but since burgers would involve ground meat I may need a Plan B.

Smudge sticks/bundles

Sage Smudge Ceremony

Smudge Sticks

Use of incense or herb smudges as a purifying element is rather common throughout cultures and religions from Catholics to Wiccans. Of course your neighbors are probably use to the smell of incense from your house so they will probably not mistake you for a witch.

Can someone tell me how wrapping for inclusion started?

Why was Barnes & Noble chosen?

any info would be great!

thanks

I'm not sure how exactly it started; it might have been a fan initiative that the Foundation approved of.

We do our wrapping at Barnes & Noble because we did not have a good experience at Borders and Barnes & Noble is happy to have us and works with us on hours and is very supportive.

Barnes & Noble is not the only store...some do wrapping in Malls...it really is up to the Coordinator to find the sites and set it up. I really think it is a matter of just hitting stores and seeing who is interested.

Kim

Kim

Can someone tell me how wrapping for inclusion started?

Why was Barnes & Noble chosen?

any info would be great!

thanks

I'm not sure how exactly it started; it might have been a fan initiative that the Foundation approved of.

We do our wrapping at Barnes & Noble because we did not have a good experience at Borders and Barnes & Noble is happy to have us and works with us on hours and is very supportive.

Barnes & Noble is not the only store...some do wrapping in Malls...it really is up to the Coordinator to find the sites and set it up. I really think it is a matter of just hitting stores and seeing who is interested.

Kim

Kim

Thanks Kim

I think I told you I work at TJMAXX/Homegoods. I told my boss about this program at first she thought I was going to RAP a song :lol: which would rasie nothing.

She gave me the 800 number to call and see if we can do it at our store. I need to wait until BAF officially changes it's name though since it would just be easier to get approved (I mean I don't want to go through the whole process of getting approved & then the name changes & have to go through the process again if that makes sense)

Smudge sticks/bundles

Sage Smudge Ceremony

Smudge Sticks

Use of incense or herb smudges as a purifying element is rather common throughout cultures and religions from Catholics to Wiccans. Of course your neighbors are probably use to the smell of incense from your house so they will probably not mistake you for a witch.

So far Google translate and I have come up empty. I'm not getting anything likely from the hits that are coming up. Being more than 10 words fluent would probably help a little. I've not given up yet though. I have a friend here who might be able to help me find the right place when she gets back in town. I mentioned this to John a little while ago and I think I scared him with visions of driving all over the city looking for a bunch of dried herbs. He may not mind though, if he thinks it will keep him out of IKEA for a day.

As for the neighbors, I'm planning a debriefing barbecue sometime next month. Come to think of it, I imagine they're used to debriefing barbecues here, too. But, how strange that I just uploaded a photo of a broom for my next blog entry. Talk about your metaphysical.....

I wonder if Clay would like to come to my debriefing barbecue. I sure would love to have him come. ;)

Sick of AI

Sick of Adam

Sick of Kris

Love Clay

Love Clay's Voice

Love Clay's Butt

Kim

:cryingwlaughter: and may I add - Love Kim!!!

Smudge sticks/bundles

Sage Smudge Ceremony

Smudge Sticks

So how come I read this as:

Smutt sticks/bundles

Sage Smutt Ceremony

Smutt Sticks

:lipstick:

QUOTE ---From CH--I thought this was so true. :clap:

ellenpoppy wrote:

Clay Aiken took the high road for six years. Six years of slams and digs and rotten comments and slurs and targets and ignorant remarks against his voice, his personality, his perceived sexuality, his looks, his taste in music, his fanbase--absolutely anything and everything. Six years of people digging into his past, making up stories, elaborating on his comments, creating false personas, fake Clays. His response? "People can say what they want. It doesn't bother me. People have a right to their opinions. Ignore them. Let them say what they want."

Even lets people use his own fan club to blast him.

Six friggin' years of taking the high road.

Adam Lambert? Couldn't even stay on that road for one lousy week.

I love the Blog. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!!! LOL!!!

Did I mention I love Clay? His lawyers are in Atlanta...let the speculation begin...

Kim

I can see the headlines now...

CLAY AIKEN SLAMS WEATHER!!!!

Film at 11!

:cryingwlaughter:

Or...Clay Aiken Refuses to Spend More Than One Night in Atlanta!

Kim

Film at 11!

Now this bugs me. We have a drought last year and the man's not happy with a little rain. :23: Actually I'm a little sick of rain myself but I guess Clay didn't plant a vegetable garden. :1:

You know I'm just kidding. Eep! I sure hope he answers some more questions when he gets back.

In my dreams I'm hoping he is sueing someone for that NE article. :hangin:

Awwwwww, cute blog. I love when he just pops in to say hi. Do you think maybe he misses us? ;)

God, I wish all the Clay vs Adam and Adam vs Clay and Clay bashing and Adam bashing would just end. So tiring.

Awwwwww, cute blog. I love when he just pops in to say hi. Do you think maybe he misses us? ;)

God, I wish all the Clay vs Adam and Adam vs Clay and Clay bashing and Adam bashing would just end. So tiring.

Me too. But I think Adam's fans are off fighting ATT now so Clay is on is own.

I still can't understand the 500-character limit on blog comments. How does he expect us to squeeze everything in, keep it lean and uh, handle it, *mutters, this is all Kareneh's fault...* er, be succinct.

Kareneh, ROTFL! Loved the blog!!! Maybe KAndre can send you some bloody spork pictures to stencil all over the front door. (Better yet, if you're brainstorming on ways to finance the next tour/show/whatever-he's-up-to, just give us a holler & the ehP could come over for a Grand Reopening!!!)

HBD, clayzycoffin!!!

:happybirthday02:

Sick of AI

Sick of Adam

Sick of Kris

Love Clay

Love Clay's Voice

Love Clay's Butt

Kim

I love you, Kim !!! :clap::clap:

Now, I need to hear him sing LIVE !!!!! gosh....when is he going to be able to go out there and sing his songs !!!!! I wonder how

long RCA has put the muzzle on him for leaving them !!

Film at 11!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Kareneh... no, it is dried sage tied in a bundle, which is why you usually find it in a metaphysical bookstore. Sometimes healthfood stores carry it. You set it on fire, but blow the fire out so it is just smoking. You put a pie tin or something under it what will catch any ashes and wave the smoke into each corner of each room, including closets, etc. It smells great and chases any negatively away. Has been used that way by many peoples. There are other herbs that can be used besides sage, but that's the most commonly used one.

I used to get my sage and sweetgrass in Houston at Lucia's Garden, a shop that sells oils, stones, herbs, chimes, fountains, medicine bags and healing books. It's just a few blocks from KAndre's place. Now I get it at Eagle Dancer, a Native American shop just a mile or so from my house. They have sage, cedar, sweetgrass, soaps, baskets, paintings and jewelry.

I love to mix sage and cedar. As my Cherokee friend taught me, the sweetgrass invites the spirits in, and the sage runs out any negative spirits that may have sneaked in with the smoke from the sweetgrass.

With the day I've had so far, I need to pat myself down right now and take a good personal smudging. Started the day by tossing coffee grounds on the floor, in the semi-dark, where the trash was supposed to be -- and then I ground up a shotglass in the garbage disposal about five minutes later. Obviously, the negative word for today is ..... ground(s). Today is my youngest son's birthday (hence he took a shot of Patron at midnight which somehow caused the shotglass to end up IN the garbage disposal). For his birthday this evening, we were going to grill burgers as a prelude to the fabulous raspberry walnut cheesecake, but since burgers would involve ground meat I may need a Plan B.

keeping... a kindred spirit! :BlowKiss: All those hints... you must need to ground yourself... go hug a tree! :cryingwlaughter:

Karen... I know metaphysics is active in that part of the world, so there must be places to buy the stuff. Look up crystals in whatever you look stuff up in. That might be a portal.

Poor Clay... tired of the rain.

June gloom has descended on us early this year. I always feel sorry for anyone who comes to SoCal to vacation in June. The sun doesn't come out until after lunchtime and the beach is cold. However, it is very nice from 2pm till dark... :cryingwlaughter: