#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Happy Birthday 00lsee and jumpingjacks !!!

:balloons: :2164: :fest09: :hb2: :cake::confetti-1::killer_rabbit::fest06: :fest30:

Thanks for the answer luckiest. :friends:

Funny couchie! I absolutlely never remember any groups or any songs. I didn't have to waste any brain cells because I have two sons who remember everything about music. I just asked them and still do. :lilredani:

Happy Birthday 00lsee and jumpingjacks!!!

:ole0:

*sneaks in before Cinderella's midnight and the pumpkin carriage disappears to convey birthday wishes*

it's a matter of taking whatever openings present themselves. sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard. always a thrill! such is life.

Scarlett, just like a roller-coaster ride *g*.

This place can be like Quasimodo's sanctuary (and I just googled and found out that is the name of an Italian-Peruvian restaurant in Houston). Cool.

My, isn't Adam just special! American Idol must be really grateful to have had such an established star (with coattails, even!) participate in their little show! And so willing to help the little people!

Bless his itty bitty heart!

KAndre.... BWAH!!! PERFECT response! :hahaha: I salute you!

HELP!!! Been absent from here last few weeks -- too many dr and therapy sessions and too little time. Working hard and making progress but stroke recovery is long and frustrating....kind of like this Adam/Clay thing. I just hope it ends sometime soon...I hate the press in this country..they make their own news. Geez...the story has legs because of Clay -- no other reason. Adam will get a quick wakeup call IMO.

ANYWAY, for some reason I can't vote on the thread title and it's driving me nuts because I sooo love the one about the "spotlight." Can't think of a more appropriate time for it either. Am I doing something wrong? I can only get the results at the top of the page.

ETA: Thanks to who ever is responsible for the title poll that magically appeared on my screen!

clayzedover... :BlowKiss: Glad to see you posting and glad you got to vote!

00lsee... and jumpingjacks..., :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

It's only 10:09pm here in SoCal, so I made it. Couldn't get on the computer all day!

Merrieeee.... I so agreed with your rant a few pages back! And, I do think some are using this as an excuse cause they couldn't let themselves see themselves as mad as heck at him or leaving him cause he was gay. This gave them an excuse and as KAndre so wonderfully said... Bless their little hearts!

Treenuts... I also agree with you that many of the above referenced folk are in denial about why they are so mad at him.

When I first heard the news that Clay had come out, I was kinda angry for about 2/3rds of that day. I thought that I was mad cause of defending him to people who put him down for being gay and put me down for being his fan. And, there was a bit of that there, but I also figured out that I also did have a bit of uncomfortableness about his being gay. I really looked at that and decided I didn't like that at all and worked at letting it go. I was very happy with how unrestrainedly I was behind the whole Clay/Reed thing. Everytime I see a picture of them together I have the biggest grin in the world. When I even think of them I get schmoopie. I grew... thank you, Clay! :BlowKiss:

The biggest thing we are here on this earth to do is to love. ANY two people loving each other is beautiful, plain and simple!

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but just wanted to say it anyway. FCA... LOVE YA'

Here's how the 50th birthday went...my friend planned a party and forgot to call me!!! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

She finally called to ask where I was....uh...home...where am I supposed to be???? Good grief.

Happy Belated Birthday Clayzycoffin, Oolsee and Jumpingjacks!

Kareneh, ROTFL! Loved the blog!!! Maybe KAndre can send you some bloody spork pictures to stencil all over the front door. (Better yet, if you're brainstorming on ways to finance the next tour/show/whatever-he's-up-to, just give us a holler & the ehP could come over for a Grand Reopening!!!)

:cryingwlaughter: The ehP is truly a many talented bunch

I love a good brouhaha! Especially wth vanilla ice cream!

As I was telling my neice the other day - everything is better with ice cream......

The biggest thing we are here on this earth to do is to love. ANY two people loving each other is beautiful, plain and simple!

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but just wanted to say it anyway. FCA... LOVE YA'

Amen Liney

Everybody, close your eyes. I'm stealing in to steal this from liney23....too cute not to have repeated.....while 00lsee and jumpingjacks deserve to have 2 birthdays....because I said so...not just because I'm late to the party.

00lsee... and jumpingjacks..., :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

When I first heard the news that Clay had come out, I was kinda angry for about 2/3rds of that day. I thought that I was mad cause of defending him to people who put him down for being gay and put me down for being his fan. And, there was a bit of that there, but I also figured out that I also did have a bit of uncomfortableness about his being gay. I really looked at that and decided I didn't like that at all and worked at letting it go. I was very happy with how unrestrainedly I was behind the whole Clay/Reed thing. Everytime I see a picture of them together I have the biggest grin in the world. When I even think of them I get schmoopie. I grew... thank you, Clay! :BlowKiss:

Yes, I totally agree. Any two people loving each other IS beautiful, no matter how you slice it and dice it.

Here's how the 50th birthday went...my friend planned a party and forgot to call me!!! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

She finally called to ask where I was....uh...home...where am I supposed to be???? Good grief.

:cryingwlaughter:

Kareneh, ROTFL! Loved the blog!!! Maybe KAndre can send you some bloody spork pictures to stencil all over the front door. (Better yet, if you're brainstorming on ways to finance the next tour/show/whatever-he's-up-to, just give us a holler & the ehP could come over for a Grand Reopening!!!)

:cryingwlaughter: The ehP is truly a many talented bunch

Okay, I'm working on a mailer......I mean, how often do you get the opportunity to open a new venture with a hungry, and already established, clientele? Can we offer the take home videos as mp4s? :D

Good Morning Everyone,

After a week of rain and gloominess, the sun has finally decided to show its face! :yahoo:

141 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a good day!

Kim

Take home mp4s my butt (hmm, there's an idea?) Those will belong to the business! Webmistresses R Us, baybee! New sales of MOAM: Touch and WYSYLM can be the soundtracks for our little flicks! We need to call Team Clay and make 'em an offer!

We are so wrong, but so right...

Wow! I'm the only one interested in a brand new picture and some band speculation? How things have changed! :fca:

Well, see, I didn't notice you'd found out who the guy WAS! Sorry. Yes, for sure I'm interested. Just not sure what it might mean. Did you go look at their "Ghostbusters" video? Not sure what that's all about, either...but I thought it was cute that the maid was a guy, probably one of their bandmates. LOL

And sorry, clayzycoffin...didn't mean to leave you out of the birthday greetings! ;)

BWAH!! :cryingwlaughter:

Did you eventually go to the party? Was it fun?

Wow! I'm the only one interested in a brand new picture and some band speculation? How things have changed! :fca:

LOL

I just clicked on the photo.... didn't even realize that the link was somebody's page. :cryingwlaughter: I speculate that Clay is standing next to some guy in a band :cryingwlaughter: I'm sure Clay Nation will have the 411 figured out soon. :hahaha:

TMZs headline:

Lambert Punks Aiken -- You're a Nobody!

No,I am not providing the link.

So if this guy named Clay Aiken is a "nobody " why is it even a story! It is really too funny for words.

Yes, I'm on vacation, but I've got to check in with my peeps here at FCA!

I have two things to say about all the latest in the Clay fandom. First of all, I don't think some of the people who are coming out of the woodwork to say that "Clay shouldn't have said that about Adam" are really mad about his being gay. I think it's more that they just don't like almost everything about him. A few of these were criticizing Clay WAY before September 2008. Didn't like his musical styles. Didn't like this particular comment or that. Didn't like that he included a Christian song in a pop/rock concert. It does puzzle me that these people still consider themselves fans, except for that fact that I appreciate that they are actually help pay for Clay by buying tickets and albums. I've been in fandoms long enough to realize that when my interest wanes in someone -- I just stop talking and find another interest. If I already have another interest, I find the fandom for that.

The other one is this: every single mention of this Clay/Adam "feud" in the media will be brought to the boards. Now, I really am not talking about anyone on this board, but it does frustrate me when every.single.mention is recorded for posterity. In my mind, all it does is rile up the fandom. Isn't ignoring the best answer here? I understand wanting to be "complete," and as a librarian, it is probably good that there is someone out there that keeps track of all this for posterity. At the same time, though...it just frustrates me how personally some take each and every mention of this.

But merrieee, you are so right -- Clay can't be a "nobody." He's a "special somebody to me."

Of course not. But I'm too lazy to search for them. I was afraid to jump into the "let's eat each other alive" fray yesterday. :cryingwlaughter: I did get an email last night from my SIL, who I do like, about AI and if I thought Adam was different from Clay. I just told her Adam who? Don't watch AI and don't search out youtubes. Didn't even care about ROF, which I didn't listen to, despite Clay's recommendation. But I did tell her I was still a big Clay fan.

ETA: Have a good time ldyjocelyn.

No you're not, finally something different than all that Adam mess!!

This is so hilarious! :hahaha:

If you want speculating, you should start the ball rolling with more than a photo. I'm just not seeing enough there to engage me. I'm not a "twitter person," so that might be part of it. I saw the photo yesterday, but didn't look further into the guy, thinking it really isn't my business to know every person Clay has his photo taken with. Read at CH this morning that the guy is a musician, and the following:

Convy is a member of an alternative rock band from St. Louis called Ludo (Ludo, and Convy are on facebook, twitter and myspace but their music is NOT my cuppa).

My response over there was that I thought it was possible that they'd just run into him somewhere and had the photo taken rather than spending all evening with Clay. So my speculation about the photo so far has been limited to assuming that it was a random photo taken at a party or a restaurant or something like that. The guy'll probably turn out to be producing his next album. :hahaha:

ETA: If we're really going to follow the Twitter Trail then we must add to the mix that Clay was spotted at luggage check with Paula Abdul. Did he introduce her to his lawyer? Are they planning a duet together? Was there a big industry party in Atlanta?

Really, it's TMZ. I give them no credence whatsoever. not saying Adam is all pure and innocent but TMZ doesn't really need any help from him to feed this thing. This too shall pass.

LOL jumping jacks about the party...

TGIF -- too bad it's not 3 PM though :cryingwlaughter: