#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Wow! I'm the only one interested in a brand new picture and some band speculation? How things have changed! :fca:

No you're not, finally something different than all that Adam mess!!

Exactly!! So let's talk amongst ourselves :lol: LOVE the "he-done-it" (I'm guessing) hair...he looks gorgeous....and do you think the dude might be the next "Jacob"? Could he possibly be setting up a new band? Huh?? Huh?? :hubbahubba::hahaha:

Fearofh2O....that's kind of why I attached it! :)

ETA: goldarngirl, would you mind reclaiming your cloak?

Just saw this posted at the CH ~

mustbeeme at CV wrote:

New tweet...no location so I think its okay...unlikely duo!!!

Just walked past paula abdul and clay aiken at baggage check...

5 minutes ago from TwitterBerry · Reply · View Tweet

Strange sighting :cryingwlaughter:

Wow! I'm the only one interested in a brand new picture and some band speculation? How things have changed! :fca:

Me!!! :pickme:

Maybe he's meeting with musicians getting ready to head back into the studio?Or a longer shot, Tour?

...a girl can dream can't she...

Just saw this posted at the CH ~

mustbeeme at CV wrote:

New tweet...no location so I think its okay...unlikely duo!!!

Just walked past paula abdul and clay aiken at baggage check...

5 minutes ago from TwitterBerry · Reply · View Tweet

Strange sighting :cryingwlaughter:

Me!!! :pickme:

Maybe he's meeting with musicians getting ready to head back into the studio?Or a longer shot, Tour?

...a girl can dream can't she...

Eeee-hah!! Another victim participant! A girl CAN dream....:).....Paula Abdul??? Do we get to see her dance as the opener for Clay's next tour??? :cry4: Ummm....I mean....Wooo-hoo! :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe he picked her out of the luggage coming down the carousel when she fell in? :shrug: WTH??

TMZs headline:

Lambert Punks Aiken -- You're a Nobody!

No, I am not providing the link.

So if this guy named Clay Aiken is a "nobody " why is it even a story! It is really too funny for words.

:yeahthat:

My philosophy on all this is to keep on writing positive blogs about Clay and stand back while the AL stories/tweets/fans hang themselves. "Claymate" stock will improve if we weather this storm. The AL defenders are showing their fanatic colors, and the media is obviously loving the brouhaha. There's also plenty of humor, i.e., the luggage comment above. :whistling-1:

Thnx for your visits to the Carolina blog. The number of visiting countries has grown from 117 to 119 in the process. :)

Have an awesome weekend, all! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

Here's how the 50th birthday went...my friend planned a party and forgot to call me!!! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

She finally called to ask where I was....uh...home...where am I supposed to be???? Good grief.

BWAH!! :cryingwlaughter:

Did you eventually go to the party? Was it fun?

Oh yeah...it was fun. Of course, the most fun was everyone teasing her about not inviting the birthday girl.

She's a little scattered, to say the least. :cryingwlaughter:

Love your blogs, Caro!!

Keep up the good work :BlowKiss:

Thnx, treenuts. :friends:

As to the previous topic, I think there are fans on many boards deciding to follow Clay's lead and IGNORE. The fan war will eventually go away, and we can get back to celebrating a truly remarkable man with incredible pipes and a huge heart.

Happy Friday afternoon! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Love your blogs, Caro!!

Keep up the good work :BlowKiss:

Thnx, treenuts. :friends:

As to the previous topic, I think there are fans on many boards deciding to follow Clay's lead and IGNORE. The fan war will eventually go away, and we can get back to celebrating a truly remarkable man with incredible pipes and a huge heart.

Happy Friday afternoon! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Yes that's the best way, just ignore and go forward to other new things!

I hate all the hate I've seen on the boards in the last few days--whether it's directed at Clay or Adam.

It just makes me so sad. I can't believe that Clay would EVER want people to act this way.

Especially over something so completely ridiculous as he said, he said.

Here's how the 50th birthday went...my friend planned a party and forgot to call me!!! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

She finally called to ask where I was....uh...home...where am I supposed to be???? Good grief.

jumpingjacks.... BWAH!!! Glad you got to the party!

That TMZ headline was WTH for sure! Neither Adam or Clay are Nobodies. Geesh!

This, too, shall pass.

Deep breath!

OK....I read one more bash Clay/praise Adam post elsewhere before I went across the street to pick up lunch, and I have to admit, I felt like my last nerve had just been pinged. I have deep thoughts about it that I'll share later.

I'm feeling very guilty that I'm the one that called liney23 and gave her the "gay" news last fall and spoiled 2/3 of one of her days in Hawaii. I'm so glad she forgave me and that we still are having wonderful regular dinners together. We live very different lives, but seem to share a brain on all the important stuff. I don't think I want to be caught in her place during the next big earthquake though, because I would probably end up as a human pincushion when her entire crystal collection flew off the shelves and impaled me. :cryingwlaughter:

In other news, I was listening to NPR today and got some very shocking and sad news. I hope you are sitting down.

Archie is going to marry Veronica. No, not David Archuleta, the Archie of Archie Comics fame. I am CRUSHED!!

And, I'm not alone. They had myriad interviews with people in India and Kenya, where evidently Archie, Veronia, Jughead et al are cultural icons.

I am in tune with these global citizens, who all but one believe that Archie is making a HUGE mistake because everyone knows that Veronica still carries the torch for Reggie plus is SO high maintenance that he will never be able to keep her in the style she feels she so deserves. They all (except one man who felt Veronica was hot) felt that his destiny lay with the sweet and lovable Betty, who has put up with a lot of crap for about a zillion years. What about Betty???? Why is Archie going for the flashy but shallow Veronica??? Is he blind??? Is he stupid??? Is he blind AND stupid???? Evidently, this will be a worldwide controversy. The offending comic issue comes out in August. Sorry to bring this bad news to my fellow Betty fans.

Back to Clay. I think that Clay Aiken is a great singer, performer, entertainer and raconteur. One thing I've always liked about him is that he has a very quick wit and tends to be snarky. However, I've had a lot of opportunities over six years to observe that he is a kind, thoughtful, caring man with a big heart at his very core.

I believe, after 6 years, that Clay Aiken has integrity, whether he makes flip, snarky comments on his own message board or not. We'll see what Adam's fans have to say about him after they've "known" him for 6 years.

I edited this picture yesterday, and I really like it because he LOOKS like the man of integrity I believe him to be. See what I mean?

547595255_b3UYG-M.jpg

Sigh. I just had a meeting that will require immediate follow-up, and I have a gigantic protocol & consent revision I wanted to finish by the end of the day. Now I find that another study that I spent 2 days this week on submitting an amendment and amended consent for is being suspended for safety reasons, and I need to process that. We were only doing lung function testing for a study of an inhaled insulin medication. No patients had even been seen for that study yet. However, it appears that asthma patients and some COPD patients were having temporary decreases in lung function after taking this medication. Just a heads up, in case any diabetics here were thinking about enrolling in such a study.

It's going to be another long day.

Carry on.