#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

There may be no idol tonight. Accident on set. Stage Manager was hurt.

One of Mylene Farmer's dancers almost fell and there is technical difficulties.

Stay safe out there!

AI Comment (It's on despite the stage problems):

After giving "Whole Lotta Love" the whole black-leather glam-rock treament, Adam Lambert was standing next to a tiny-looking Ryan Seacreat in his dark suit and styled hair, and I couldn't help thinking that those two men didn't even look like they are from the same planet.

:blink:

I have been studying up on the pics of Parker and I have come to the conclusion that he is stunningly beautiful....Yes I know I am biased. Your point?

AI Comment (It's on despite the stage problems):

After giving "Whole Lotta Love" the whole black-leather glam-rock treament, Adam Lambert was standing next to a tiny-looking Ryan Seacreat in his dark suit and styled hair, and I couldn't help thinking that those two men didn't even look like they are from the same planet. :blink:

There's something about that statement that strikes me some way -- I'm not sure how. After watching Plant do that song live when it was new, with the band in blue jeans (and wearing their hair long and unstyled), a glam version just doesn't compute. I know this kid can sing, but the hard-core sexuality of WLL seems very un-Idol. Did he sing ... I'm gonna give you every inch of my love? However, I do know better than to prejudge something because of how much I love the original -- Clay taught me that with BOTW.

I have been studying up on the pics of Parker and I have come to the conclusion that he is stunningly beautiful....Yes I know I am biased. Your point?

I don't think you ever have to qualify your opinion of Parker's babystar quality. He requires no bias whatsoever to be stunningly beautiful!

I want to stay up and read the boards tonight, but after being up 'til all hours with the basketball game last night -- and another late one tomorrow night -- I'm crashing early before this happens ...... :couch1:

*Looks around the empty room, closes the door and goes searching for the missing FCAers... aha! I knew it! The Overcome By Cuteness Car!!!* :Thud:

parker_6.jpg

Eyelashes!

revParker.jpg

Thanks again, wanda!

20090429_008_ShoppingInLA.jpg

Let's not forget the original cute one!

ETA:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

ETAA: Yes, ldyj and kf, I want to know where the avatar came from too!!!

I'm here..just working on a project the boss wants in one or two days. HA! Friday if I work every spare second..which I will because I can't go away without the laptop if I don't finish. And for once I think I want to leave the laptop at home.well maybe :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Did he sing ... I'm gonna give you every inch of my love?
Yes, he did, kf...and I was wondering how many guys watching were having a 'squirming' good time hearing him sing those words, too! :hahaha:

The man can sing..no doubt. And he's quite an entertainer, too. I do think that if he has any 'flaw' it's that he's pretty predictable. That is, I know that at some time during any song that he rocks out on, he's going to go for that 'tongue-sticking-out-mouth-wide-open' screaming high note...Yep, he can hit it square on every time. It's just that I don't NEED to hear him do it every time, you know?

He's still mad talented, though. In his way. He'll be successful, for sure.

Someone posted a link to a blog in which somebody said that "Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken are both has beens" (talking about the success/failure of past Idols, etc.)...and I was very happy to realize that reading that did NOT make me upset. I just :cryingwlaughter: It was just so ridiculous to me that anyone would put those two people in the same category!

Night and day.

muskifest

Where is that blog? I would like to read it. I always hoped Justin would get some success. He seems like such a nice guy who loves music so much. He had some pretty good offers after AI but wasn't allowed to take them becaue of his AI contract. Then came that terrible movie. The end!

I totally don't get the Adam Lambert fuss. That's all I will say about that.

I should be getting to bed I had the flu (just the regular one) & can't seem to get over it. It's been 4 days now and still don't feel 100% but this is the first day I could eat something besides crackers & ginerale.

Clay content

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Apparently there is an interesting article - in an interview with Simon .... he thinks Danny has the broader appeal in the USA but Adam is more international.

This is the best Clay content I can think of.

revParker.jpg

Thanks to everyone who provided the pics of Parker and his relatives... I think I could become Parker's #1 fan! He is just gorgeous, looks just like a cute little cherub out of one of those paintings ...I can't think of the name of the artist!

Good Morning Everyone,

3 Days until Viva Las Vegas with Clay!

:yahoo:

8 Days until Clay's "Unforgettable" appearance on 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Tonight is also the series finale of Scrubs...sniff.

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning everyone!

What were we doing one year ago today?

Why, celebrating George Clooney's birthday, of course.

:cryingwlaughter:

Nope...I was reveling in the voice of Clay Aiken, slaying me with his album OMWH for the very first time.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OMWH!!!!!

I'd like to ask Clay question but will ask it here instead.

What the heck does he shove into those pants pockets?!?!

goodness, always looks like he is carrying half his possessions in there.

Are you looking for a volunteer to root around in there and find out? "Let's see: keys, iPhone, wallet, Cinnamon Altoids. Hey, there seems to be more than one epipen in here... Oh, wait..."

Ask him!! I bet he'd laugh his butt off....and answer!

PS I laughed and thought the same thing exactly.

Where is that blog?
tribeca, I'm sorry, I don't know. I can't remember if I saw it through a Google Alert or on a board. The blog wasn't about Clay, per se; it was just someone's blah blah about AI in general---the good, the bad, etc. And Clay was only mentioned in that one context---with Justin Guarini. Called them both has-beens an then went on to other bullshit.

Did he sing ... I'm gonna give you every inch of my love?
Yes, he did, kf...and I was wondering how many guys watching were having a 'squirming' good time hearing him sing those words, too! :hahaha:

The man can sing..no doubt. And he's quite an entertainer, too. I do think that if he has any 'flaw' it's that he's pretty predictable. That is, I know that at some time during any song that he rocks out on, he's going to go for that 'tongue-sticking-out-mouth-wide-open' screaming high note...Yep, he can hit it square on every time. It's just that I don't NEED to hear him do it every time, you know?

He's still mad talented, though. In his way. He'll be successful, for sure.

Someone posted a link to a blog in which somebody said that "Justin Guarini and Clay Aiken are both has beens" (talking about the success/failure of past Idols, etc.)...and I was very happy to realize that reading that did NOT make me upset. I just :cryingwlaughter: It was just so ridiculous to me that anyone would put those two people in the same category!

Night and day.

I've seen Adam sing before and I was put off by the close up of his high note with tongue hanging out of his mouth. So that's a regular thing? ewwww -- he needs to pull that thing in!

As for as blogs these days -- my opinion is that they're like assholes and opinions so why give a crap when someone writes something stupid, as so much of it is.

Now, LdyJ and Scarlett, I made my avatar out of a photo in my photobucket file a long time ago. I'll try to find it and see if I tagged it -- but I have a lot of photobucket albums to go through!

During Season 2 of AI did the judges give OTT praise to Ruben the way they are giving praise to Adam?

Calling him a rock god seems just too much to me and really it's like he is already the winner.

I do think that Adam has great stage presence, after all he is an actor, charisma and a great voice. I could do without quite so much of his prolonged high notes and the tongue thing is off putting for me. Like put that back in...now!

WinkAtMe at CV wrote:

I was just poking around and saw a radio station site where they were looking for pledges and one of their prize events is the David Foster concert in Vegas....

KVCR

The title of the concert on their page is...... *drum roll*

David Foster with Special Guest Clay Aiken !!! ( the exclamation points are mine...)

During Season 2 of AI did the judges give OTT praise to Ruben the way they are giving praise to Adam?

Yep! Nauseating, really.

Didn't help Ruben out much in the real world, though, where people only buy or download music if they personally really like it. I was surprised, too, because Ruben does have a really great smooth voice. It was just annoying every week to hear him praised for having grown. And having his name brought up to other contestants.

I think winning just gives someone a better shot at the Big Time Career, it doesn't actually guarantee anything.

And somewhere, 19 and Fox are gearing up for next year's Best Contestant Evah.

Hey, I am just hoping Anoop gets to record something, I don't care who wins at all.

I usually don't watch AI but because of the acccident I thought I would tune in. I just got so turned off by the pimping of Adam. He may be good but Rock God? Give me a break...one good performance does not a Rock God make!

I decided then that since they had already crowned the "king" there was no point in watching any more.

Real Housewives of New Jersey seems a lot better!

I did like the guyliner though*g*

I did like the guyliner though*g*

Heh...his eyes are quite arresting, actually---that blue among the dark eyeliner...And he seems to be a good guy, always classy and poised. I like that he's so....OUT there, you know? He's who he is and obviously has been comfortable with that for quite a while...so it's kinda fun to see how he'll dress next and strut, etc.

Anyhoo...I'm still :hubbahubba: and waiting for Clay to strut again....sigh. It seems very odd to once again watch a summer come and go without a concert. :cry4: Of course, with Clay, who the hell knows? Heh....the OFC could have an entire tour schedule posted tomorrow.

:huh:

BWAH! I CMSU!

I called my mother today to firm up the time I will be their to do my weekly grocery shopping and take her to lunch tomorrow. I asked her what she was doing, of course she is 87 so I did not think she was doing anything but watching tv. She said, matter of factly, I am listening to Clay. She said she had played TBOCA about 10 times today. I am my mothers daughter!!

Can't wait to hear about the concert Saturday night. Will probably read on Sunday morning. I know after working 12 hours on Saturday that I will not be able to stay up late.

My son called and needed a sitter for Friday so they could go to a fundraiser. I am working and will not be home to almost 8:30pm. The baby is 5 weeks old, and my husband said he would watch him. I was surprised, but then I remembered I went back to work when my youngest was 6 weeks old and he had a 5, 3, and newborn to watch.

I'm not so hot on Adam (a little shrieky, IMO, but whatevs, right? :D) but I gotta say I loved his duet with Allison last night! I think it was about the second time I really, really liked Adam's performance. Still, I he can't compare with our sexy singer man! :laugh2: Can anyone imagine what it would be like if they had done these themes when Clay had been on? They've done rock, disco, country... can't remember the others, but I know those three were the square holes to Clay's round... peg...

:sleezy: Totally inadvertent, I swear! :lol: