#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

I'm crazy about Adam--and that he's so out there.

However, I LOVE Clay. He's family.

No contest.

My mom said Adam was her Clay. That's a first. My sister loves someone completely different this season. This is the first time they've really both rooted so hard for anyone but are enthusiastic fans of the show and have been from day one. I think that's great and hysterical.

I rarely used the word pimping when it came to AI. It ain't pimping when you're good. Of course they use hyperbole -- they've always used it. People say Fantasia was pimped but I never agreed with that considering for the first part of the show they were hailing some 16 year old as the best thing since sliced bread - until it became apparent that they couldn't stand up to the bright lights. I never was sure if that person was Diana or Jasmine or Camille. Somewhere mid show it became about the three divas and I thought they were the best of the bunch (Johnny Red? Pen boi?) . And finally with the "shocking" exits (and they weren't all that shocking considering Jennifer was in the bottom a lot and never seemed to get a foothold...and she had that vote for me America or I'll kill you look LOL - she was MY favorite and I didn't have a whole bunch of company.) By the time it got down to the final 4 there was Fantasia and a whole bunch of folks that just weren't worthy of the title. I always thought Simon looked at his final 4 and went HOLY SHIT how on earth did we end up here. So I did think he worked his ass off at that point to separate the wheat from the chaff but frankly don't think it was necessary. Hell I thought what he said was truth. She was the best. Before that the girl had her fair share of ciriticism. I think he compared her voice to a duck one time. Wonder which track of Fantasia he downloaded.. maybe Always on my Mind..thought that was excellent.

I still think all these young folks are the very best part of the show and I wish them all luck. I would say the majority are better off than they would have been if not for Idol -- and there's not a one that I feel sorry for. Ruben has sold millions of records, is still working and a public figure and doing something he loves and if Bottle's review is to be trusted :cryingwlaughter: - he's doing it well. And I remember saying way back when - the one thing I always believed about Ruben - is that singing was something he loved down to his soul and he would have pursued it forever, with or without Idol.

As for Adam, I haven't heard him sing, don't know what he looks like, but he is the only one I've even heard about this year. I'll put my money on him to win or at least to be the most sucessful of the bunch. There's a few that I've come to really like ater the show and didn't experience their journey but really think they have talent.

I'm so looking forward to Saturday. I have no expectations..that way I won't be crushed if he sings one song :cryingwlaughter: Not sure if they just sing David's songs..if so would that limit him to Lover All Alone? I don't think David has been involved in any way in Clay's career but am not sure. Wonder if we'll get "the story" about how it came to be. That's more of a Jaymes story though but he tells it so well.

ETA: And didn't think any of that was worthy of repeating!

Now, LdyJ and Scarlett, I made my avatar out of a photo in my photobucket file a long time ago. I'll try to find it and see if I tagged it -- but I have a lot of photobucket albums to go through!
Yes, it's an onerous task to slog through all those pictures in your photobucket account, but would you please try? :hahaha:

Hope you get well soon, tribeca!

ldyj, thanks for the OMWH anniversary reminder!!!

I have been studying up on the pics of Parker and I have come to the conclusion that he is stunningly beautiful....Yes I know I am biased. Your point?

Nope. I was reminded of a Renaissance Botticelli painting. But I'm biased too.

I don't have any news about Clay or American Idol (don't watch it) or anything musical. I am excited about the elementary school at which I volunteer. The area in which the school is located is in a very low income area of town. The houses are in disrepair and any stores nearby are even worse. The school is very old and there are many trailers for classes.

As a result of the new bond issue being approved it was decided to build a new school for the children in this area. They were alloted 10 million to build the school, however for some weird reasoning they could not have more classrooms than the old school. So the principal, an amazing guy, decided to invest in the future of these kids and put in the newest technology for them. Every classroom, including the pre kindergartners', will have a white board system, Promethean, which can be used to watch videos ,see pictures, see the internet, teachers can write to it. Every student will have an egg shaped device to use for answering questions or asking questions. The older kids can text message questions to it. Although they only have two computers per classroom, they will have ports for ten.

I am just so excited for these kids who never get the best or even the newest of anything and will now have the newest, most technologically advanced school in the county.

AI#3 was the first one screened in Oz and I was totally addicted, and I remember almost everything about it. Couchie, after Fantasia's semi-final performance (Let's Give Them Something to Talk About), Simon said to Fantasia, "unlike everyone else, you don't need this competition to get a contract". (That's from memory so not verbatim). Fantasia was clearly Simon's early favorite, the only criticism I recall from Simon was during the Gloria Estefan week, when Simon said that Fantasia sounded like Donald Duck on helium. After George and LaToya left, Simon made it loud and clear that only Fantasia would be a worthy winner. I didn't like Jasmine at all except for her first Top 12 performance, Inseparable.

Although it is often mentioned that JHud left in 7th place, booted out too soon etc, it is rarely mentioned that, in fact, she was in the bottom two with Leah Labelle, who was justifiably the first of the Top 12 to leave. That's what is so remarkable about JHud, that so many people misjudged her talent. Simon even told her she was out of her depth, he never seemed impressed with her until after she did Circle of Life. So unlike Clay, who really impressed from his semi-final onwards (he was in the top 3, after all), JHud was a dark horse.

I think that Adam Lambert is the kind of artist that other artists admire, he is very 'artistic', different and 'owns the stage. I think he is perhaps an 'acquired' taste for those who are a little more conservative. He is totally different to the Clay in that Clay really was the 'boy next door' with the magnificent voice. Actually, speaking of AI#2, Ruben remains unforgettable because he sang so effortlessly, he was such a natural singer.

Fear, I love that heartwarming story. I am suddenly reminded of one of my favorite movies, Stand and Deliver. I was 'dragged' to it by a friend who was a principal of a school. He had already seen it and was determined to get me to see it because he felt it was my 'thing'.

ncgurrl, according to your registered details, it's your 100th birthday! So... :happybirthday03:

Who wants to live to be a hundred?

What's the point of it?

A short life and a merry one is far better than a long life

sustained by fear, caution and perpetual medical surveillance.

HENRY MILLER, 'On Turning Eighty', 1971, in Sextet, 1977.

I got this email a few hours ago and while I just love Obama, I totally cracked-up over this:

They once said that a black man would be president when pigs fly.

His first 100 days and wham!! Pig's flu!

:cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

Heading out for the day with hubby so hopefully I will come back to lots of Clay news!

2 Days until Viva Las Vegas with Clay!

:yahoo:

7 Days (1 week!) until Clay's Unforgettable performance on 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Uggg! I need to slap AT&T around a bit. I went home yesterday to find I have no dial tone on my phone, and what's way worse, my DSL is also out. The automated repair response system assured me the outage would be fixed by the end of the day on Saturday.

Internet withdrawal isn't pretty, y'all. I had to actually watch TV without surfing the web at the same time last night. I had to come to work EARLY this morning so I could catch up on the boards. It's inhumane, I tell ya.

:cry4:

Our internet has been spotty because the power supply to the modem is messed up....you have to find just.the.right.angle on the power cord to get it to work, and then if someone (or some animal) knocks it, it goes out again. I'll be happy when I get my new computer desk set up and things won't be so accessible. But that won't be happening until after the weekend because we still need to get the trim and baseboard put back on and painted. Otherwise, the kitchen is complete (minus dishwasher, soon to be installed). I've been cooking up a storm the last two days, making up for lost time. Heh. Here's a picture....ignore all the dirty dishes. :P

I don't watch Idol so no comment on that, but I'm looking foward to tonight's 100th episode of Grey's Anatomy. It will be the first one I actually watch on TV rather than as a download. Took me a while to catch up on 5 seasons, but I did it.

I'm off to visit my Mom this weekend, so I may not be online for the festivities, but I look forward to any and all recaps, and of course the possiblity of clack!

post-212-1241700650_thumb.jpg

Wow, luckiest1, the kitchen looks wonderful! Happy Mother's Day! :lol:

jazzgirl, a Botticelli painting! That's it! It's been nagging the back of my mind and I couldn't place it...that's exactly it. A beautiful, beautiful baby boy who looks like an angel little devil from the look in those mischievous eyes! :cryingwlaughter:

I don't wanna go to work.

Lucky... that power cord thing would frustrate me to no end. My sister's dog ate my power cord. Those things are expensive. heee you got through all those GA's and you didn't want to kill anyone during the season where Meredith dated the vet or Izzy because she's freakin' annoying? Congratulations!!

From Claygary - yes Parker does have a bit of mischieviousness - just a doll.

Our internet has been spotty because the power supply to the modem is messed up....you have to find just.the.right.angle on the power cord to get it to work, and then if someone (or some animal) knocks it, it goes out again. I'll be happy when I get my new computer desk set up and things won't be so accessible. But that won't be happening until after the weekend because we still need to get the trim and baseboard put back on and painted. Otherwise, the kitchen is complete (minus dishwasher, soon to be installed). I've been cooking up a storm the last two days, making up for lost time. Heh. Here's a picture....ignore all the dirty dishes. :P

I don't watch Idol so no comment on that, but I'm looking foward to tonight's 100th episode of Grey's Anatomy. It will be the first one I actually watch on TV rather than as a download. Took me a while to catch up on 5 seasons, but I did it.

I'm off to visit my Mom this weekend, so I may not be online for the festivities, but I look forward to any and all recaps, and of course the possiblity of clack!

Have a good weekend with your Mom! Your kitchen looks great.

Scralett thanks for the well wishes. That flu wiped me out for a week.

FearH20 :clap:

Ncgurrl, Happy Birthday :)

Claytonic you remember AI just like me!!

LOL this is from Rickey's AI blog

Clay, after all, never sang “I’m gonna give you every inch of my love” while wearing skintight pants and green glitter guyliner.”

I am trying to catch up so if I left someone out it isn't intentional.

What do you think the chances are of Clay answering the last question I submitted

Clay have you ever played truth or dare? if yes, are you more likely to choose truth or dare? if no, would you like to start?

Clay, after all, never sang “I’m gonna give you every inch of my love” while wearing skintight pants and green glitter guyliner.”

OMG I just cannot imagine our reaction to that! Rioting in the streets maybe? Oh no that was for free chicken!

It must be "Internet Outage Day" or something, because I woke up this morning to no internet too! Finally gave up at 10:30 a.m. and drove to my brother's, where I am now happily soaking up his wireless connection.

Needless to say, with the memorial service being Saturday morning, I'm going to miss all the festivities Saturday night. I will be back on Sunday though (hopefully with internet!) and will look forward to reading all the recaps, and watching the clack!

Happy birthday ncgurrrl!

Your kitchen is looking very good luckiest. Hope that dishwasher gets put in real fast.

:happybirthday01: :2164: :thewave::partytime: :fest30:

Happy Birthday ncgurrrl !!

Thanks jmh and tribeca!

ldyjocelyn, hope all goes well with the memorial service.

I did like the guyliner though*g*

Heh...his eyes are quite arresting, actually---that blue among the dark eyeliner...And he seems to be a good guy, always classy and poised. I like that he's so....OUT there, you know? He's who he is and obviously has been comfortable with that for quite a while...so it's kinda fun to see how he'll dress next and strut, etc.

Anyhoo...I'm still :hubbahubba: and waiting for Clay to strut again....sigh. It seems very odd to once again watch a summer come and go without a concert. :cry4: Of course, with Clay, who the hell knows? Heh....the OFC could have an entire tour schedule posted tomorrow.

:huh:

BWAH! I CMSU!

muski... You CMSU, too! :hahaha: Hey, it could happen, tho...

Ok, maybe not!

Uggg! I need to slap AT&T around a bit. I went home yesterday to find I have no dial tone on my phone, and what's way worse, my DSL is also out. The automated repair response system assured me the outage would be fixed by the end of the day on Saturday.

Internet withdrawal isn't pretty, y'all. I had to actually watch TV without surfing the web at the same time last night. I had to come to work EARLY this morning so I could catch up on the boards. It's inhumane, I tell ya.

:cry4:

bottle... that is inhumane! :cryingwlaughter:

Luckiest... N.I.C.E!!! kitchen. You must be so in love with that room, now! It's purdy!!!

Fear... that is a great story about the school! :clap: Seems strange that someone did something right, huh! :hahaha:

Ncgurrl..., :bdayparty2: You're the first person I have known who is 100! What's your secret??? :cryingwlaughter:

About AI... I guess you could say that it is a great thing that an openly gay singer is so popular on one of the most seen shows around just 6 years after Clay was on and subsequently hounded about being gay. That, plus the way New England is embracing gay marriage gives me hope that one day it just won't matter to much of anyone.

Obama needs to hurry up an repeal that Don't Ask, Don't Tell rule, tho. I watched Rachel Maddow last night and they had the West Point grad/Iraq veteran who was thrown out of the military for publically stating he was gay. Stupid!!!

Obama needs to hurry up an repeal that Don't Ask, Don't Tell rule, tho. I watched Rachel Maddow last night and they had the West Point grad/Iraq veteran who was thrown out of the military for publically stating he was gay. Stupid!!!

That is especially stupid because there are now and have been gays in the military since forever. Over 20 years ago I asked my Chief MSgt husband his opinion about serving with or supervising gays. He laughed at me and said all he cared about was if a man or woman was trustworthy and could he or she do the job. He said he had worked with gays for over 20 years and it made no difference to him because it made no difference to getting the job done. TPTB really need to get a grip on this issue and put their personal fears and prejudices aside.

In 1967 I met my DH, who was in the Air Force and his best friend was gay. This guy had just served a tour in Vietnam and no one cared.

He was an usher at my wedding and the last time I saw him he was dressed as a woman! It was interesting to find out that this guy was also a transvestite. He was a great guy, who unfortunately died of AIDS. It was ok for him to serve back then when we needed bodies to fight but now?