#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

whoa--NPH has a good singing voice!! I'm IMPRESSED!!

I liked the line about the fact that the Tonys couldn't get any gayer--heh heh!

*waves limply*

So behind, y'all. Bronchitis. Kicked. My. Tail. Sorry I missed out, my darling eHP. I was hoping to be well by Saturday, but turns out I was just getting started. Just happy to be semi-vertical today.

Pleh.

th_Copyofpleh-1.jpg

Aw, poor 00lsee! I hope you get to feeling better fast!

As for the whole backpack/sleeve fiasco... I've decided on a sleeve! *fanfare applause* :P It was cheaper and I already have backpacks I like, so I figure I'll just stick the laptop into the sleeve and into the backpack and be done with it.

Neil Patrick Harris is a blast! Has anyone seen the internet musical he did, Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long? It was written by Joss Whedon, of whom I'm a huge fan, but I haven't seen it yet. Too bad Clay didn't make the Tony's... I was hoping he'd sing or at least debut a new hairstyle for us to fight over dissect love!

So, Ireland was great!!!! Been really busy since getting back. I took 1700 pictures I am still sorting out!!

Here are some of the best...

th_DSC03947.jpg

Cliffs of Moher, West Coast

"

IRELAND 2009

chacha and all at FCA~

Thank you so much for the Ireland pictures, especially of the West Coast, and refreshing some wonderful sweet memories! I hope your trip was sweet. My experience there is worthy of a short story

No malarky-heres an Irish story:

I was there [we crossed the middle of Ireland from Dublin to Galway] over 30yrs ago with my then new non-Irish husband, my very Irish mother, grandmother, and great aunt. We women all descend from the Clan Farraghers of County Galway on the West Coast. (think Chris Seiber aka Lord Farquhar in Shrek--only taller) Well anyway, my mom led us on a search along the west coast as seen above, for relatives of ancestors that came here to NYC over 100 years before.She was so determined to find family and no one ever doubted we would.

Long story shorter-- we found a pub called Teresa's Pub near Galway, and since all the women-me, my mom and grandmother took it as a sign, and as we are all named Teresa, we entered for a drink. Well, unlikely as it may be, we seem to have stumbled upon the Clan Farragher pub and when they inside the pub, discovered our quest, they called friends and family and they came all day from miles around to meet us. Im not sure if really all 50+ people who showed up were actually Farraghers, but we had the most wonderful day drinking, talking, swapping stories etc. and my Mom, Daisy Farricker, who was 100% Irish in her head, talked about that day all the rest of her life--another 30years--, and I was so happy that her dream came true to meet her Irish sisters and brothers. They were so warm and frindly and interesting and ....

We all got drunk together.

David and I, who had just spent a year in Cambridge University [he was a theoretical physicist] were so young but he was impressed! "The luck of the Irish came true", he said.

Thanks for the memories, hope you don't mind my sharing mine too.

{{{00lsee}}} That bronchitis crap is mis.er.able. :bloomingflowers:

AWESOME Ireland pics, cha cha! You're making my travel bug act up! :thankyou:

ETA: Great story, Pax! You're adding to that acting up of my travel bug!! :bier:

I have a pic to share, but it's not quite as exciting..... :hysterical: Gnocchi got his first "big boy" haircut last week, just in time for summer:

th_Gnocchi0604092.jpg

I was so happy to see that he still has his coloring because a lot of times this breed seems to fade out to white with peachy/tan spots as they grow. Next milestone will be getting snipped!

Hello All!!! I'm Back!!! Didja Miss me!!?????? :cryingwlaughter:

Here are some of the best...

th_DSC03947.jpg

Cliffs of Moher, West Coast

cha cha... YES, I missed you! I love your pictures, but this one grabbed me the mostest! Thanks for sharing!!!

All in all, I've seen much better Tony Award Shows in the past. The only really bright spot in the whole thing was the hosting by Neil Patrick Harris. He was very good. Here's a link if you missed it. For me, it was the very last thing and the very best performance.

Neil Patrick Harris Closes the Tony Awards

keeping... thanks for the review, since I didn't watch! I loved the NPH number. He was great and it fit so well! I can totally see Clay doing a number like that and hope he will someday!

*waves limply*

So behind, y'all. Bronchitis. Kicked. My. Tail. Sorry I missed out, my darling eHP. I was hoping to be well by Saturday, but turns out I was just getting started. Just happy to be semi-vertical today.

Pleh.

th_Copyofpleh-1.jpg

00lsee... sawry you were/are sick! Not fun at all!! Get well fast! (won't say s**n, cause I don't want to jinx your recovery... :cryingwlaughter:

No malarky-heres an Irish story:

I was there [we crossed the middle of Ireland from Dublin to Galway] over 30yrs ago with my then new non-Irish husband, my very Irish mother, grandmother, and great aunt. We women all descend from the Clan Farraghers of County Galway on the West Coast. (think Chris Seiber aka Lord Farquhar in Shrek--only taller) Well anyway, my mom led us on a search along the west coast as seen above, for relatives of ancestors that came here to NYC over 100 years before.She was so determined to find family and no one ever doubted we would.

Long story shorter-- we found a pub called Teresa's Pub near Galway, and since all the women-me, my mom and grandmother took it as a sign, and as we are all named Teresa, we entered for a drink. Well, unlikely as it may be, we seem to have stumbled upon the Clan Farragher pub and when they inside the pub, discovered our quest, they called friends and family and they came all day from miles around to meet us. Im not sure if really all 50+ people who showed up were actually Farraghers, but we had the most wonderful day drinking, talking, swapping stories etc. and my Mom, Daisy Farricker, who was 100% Irish in her head, talked about that day all the rest of her life--another 30years--, and I was so happy that her dream came true to meet her Irish sisters and brothers. They were so warm and frindly and interesting and ....

We all got drunk together.

David and I, who had just spent a year in Cambridge University [he was a theoretical physicist] were so young but he was impressed! "The luck of the Irish came true", he said.

Thanks for the memories, hope you don't mind my sharing mine too.

timetravelerpax... GREAT story!!! I'd say it could only happen in Ireland, but I had an "O.M.G. it's just not possible" story that happened in San Francisco, so...

*waves limply*

Pleh.

th_Copyofpleh-1.jpg

:thbighug-1: Awwww, feel better soon, 00lsee! Bronchitis is a real bitch, so I hope you're on antibiotics. And I hope you feel better than you look in this picture! :0)

what?

ETA - Clay content

I miss this guy!! *sniff*

Whether on a UNICEF mission, working on some supah seekret project or just spending some quality time with your son, I hope you come back to us soon, fella!! With some really cool career news too.

Reed - "Mmmmmm, niiice ass and :DoClay: "

that's all I gots folks

Beautiful pictures, cha cha! I "borrowed" a few. :)

Oolsee, best wishes for your recovery! I've never had bronchitis, but I hear it's a beast.

Just to show you're never all alike, I thoroughly enjoyed the Tony's last night....and didn't see NPH's final number, as my hours in the day ran out before the Tony's did. But I thought to the point I'd seen, he was a great host. :)

PS cha cha....fortune cookie??

Kareneh - I love my Samsonite Spinner luggage too! One of the best inventions ever! Easy to move it along while walking with food/drink in your hands too - not that I've ever done that! :whistling-1:

cha cha - beautiful pictures - WOW!

DVR'd The Tonys but haven't watched yet. The way things go, it will probably be the weekend before I watch it and we'll have moved on to something else... oh well... at least I know I'll probably enjoy it! :hysterical:

00lsee - so sorry you're under the weather... have a {{{}}} or two {{{}}} Get well soon!

TimetravelerPax - what a great story... and wonderful memories to have!

anna - gnocchi is a sweetheart!

Things have been so quiet that I've been able to do a bunch of reading... just got done with a series of political thrillers by Vince Flynn with a recurring character, Mitch Rapp. Thought they were pretty good. Not too heavy (like Ludlum and Clancy can get) but interesting and good action. Off to jump into a Jonathan Kellerman from last year that I missed. Thanks FCA for making it easy to stay caught up without needing hours to do so!

I have no idea in hell what Clay is up to.

I hope he's happy.

*totters off the thread title suggestion thread*

cha cha, great pictures. You only ended up in one part of Ireland that I did three years ago (the Cliffs of Moher) though! It looks as if you had a fantastic time.

TimeTravelerPax, good to see you here. Have you recovered from that hangover yet? Speaking of hangovers...

...sorry you're sick 00lsee. Hope you feel better soon.

Gnocchi is so cute.

Hmmmm. Think it's time to decorate....

clay02_tagged.jpg

050309J22_AIKEN_NPG_06_0.jpg

p915241156-2.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

186633933liu1.jpg

Finally home! This week is looking a lot like last week. Thanks goodness we have a dinner with kimiye tomorrow!!! Hi, FCA!

:helloFCA:

Any news from :clay: ?

ETA: Welcome back chacha Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures! Hope you feel better soon, 00lsee! :thbighug-1:

ETAA: Favor!!!

jmh, do you still have that spreadsheet of all the songs that Clay has ever sung? Is it online someplace?

jmh, do you still have that spreadsheet of all the songs that Clay has ever sung? Is it online someplace?

The list is--the spreadsheet itself is not. And it is way out of date. List is here: Songography. Let me think of where to upload the spreadsheet. BRB.

OK, spreadsheet can be downloaded from here, I think: spreadsheet. Right click and save as. Let me know if it works. Looks like CAP and I did this in 2006. I'm a little behind. :imgtongue: But he kept singing new stuff. For somebody who is "not doing anything" he sure has done a lot of stuff! :lilredani:

I miss this guy!! *sniff*

Whether on a UNICEF mission, working on some supah seekret project or just spending some quality time with your son, I hope you come back to us soon, fella!! With some really cool career news too.

Reed - "Mmmmmm, niiice ass and :DoClay: "

that's all I gots folks

treenuts... that may be all you got (which I don't believe for a minute), but that is verra verra niiiiice, thank you very much!!! :cryingwlaughter:

ldyj... ooooo... I like the way you think! Your pictures brightened up my night! Thanks! I still think that is the cutest baby picture ever and I've 3 kids and 6 grandkids worth of baby pictures. Soooo adorable! His daddy, too!!!

The list is--the spreadsheet itself is not. And it is way out of date. List is here: Songography. Let me think of where to upload the spreadsheet. BRB.

:thankyou:Thank you!!! :BlowKiss:

You are most welcome. I edited this in, but the page changed....

OK, spreadsheet can be downloaded from here, I think: spreadsheet. Right click and save as. Let me know if it works. Looks like CAP and I did this in 2006. I'm a little behind. :imgtongue: But he kept singing new stuff all the time. For somebody who is "not doing anything" he sure has done a lot of stuff! :lilredani:

TtPax - I loved your Irish Travel Story!!

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed the photos. :)

This is actually the third time I've visited Ireland, mrchach has relatives there (being half Irish).

Has anyone ever heard of a book called "Round Ireland With a Fridge"? by Tony Hawks?

TtPax - the scene you described sounds like a scene from that book!

Short synopsis: Tony gets drunk and a friend bets him he can't hitchhike around Ireland in 30 days with a fridge. The results are very amusing!

There's a scene in which he ends up in Lisdoonvarna's Matchmaking Festival and has to sing a song for the 'competition'. The fridge ends up being an asset and deciding factor. :cryingwlaughter:

We had a few such times, one of the best being when we spent the night in Sligo and found a pub where traditional Irish Musicians were meeting for a jam. Many wee pints o' Guinness were downed that night!

In Ireland every other person is your new best friend!

eta: when I click on the spreadsheet link above I get a page not found message. :)

timetravelerpax... GREAT story!!! I'd say it could only happen in Ireland, but I had an "O.M.G. it's just not possible" story that happened in San Francisco, so...

Wow, thanks everyone, for all the responses, Clay pictures, funnies, smut, and more pictures... you all have inspired me to post twice in one 24-hour period. That can get dangerous at 3AM B)

But liney-- I just could not let this ^^^comment pass. Do tell your SanFrancisco story sometime. In fact, I love "OMG, its not possible" stories, so spill the details sometime when you feel so inclined.

ETA: Hi chacha- Im up late too!!-Ill look for that book, sounds great!!

Clay content:

Clay travels alot and hes Irish too.

My outrageous Clay speculation for the day::hangin:

I'm not worried about invisible Clay: I bet Clay is home in Raleigh , with Jaymes and baby Parker cookin up not just a new album, but also a new music label with his personal part of the Foster clan. Im sure theres a BIG music studio in his home, her home in LA, and the Vancuver residence too. For snark, they could call it "Invisible Records".

They could do it! They have the talent, the music genes, the titanium, the connections and the money.

Why not? Seems reasonable to me. Don't throw things I really think so!

Hes such a businessman and Jaymes seems to enjoy producing his things in original ways. :cryingwlaughter:

I say, give 19XYZ and RCA a run for their out-dated money, and something to really worry about. Think thats dumb? , ok folks, Lets hear what crazy thing you think hes doing career-wise. More fun than worrying. I dont do worrying. Ill stop now.

Goodnight FCA :claybow:

My outrageous Clay speculation for the day::hangin:

I'm not worried about invisible Clay: I bet Clay is home in Raleigh , with Jaymes and baby Parker cookin up not just a new album, but also a new music label with his personal part of the Foster clan. Im sure theres a BIG music studio in his home, her home in LA, and the Vancuver residence too. For snark, they could call it "Invisible Records".

They could do it! They have the talent, the music genes, the titanium, the connections and the money.

Why not? Seems reasonable to me. Don't throw things I really think so!

Hes such a businessman and Jaymes seems to enjoy producing his things in original ways. :cryingwlaughter:

I say, give 19XYZ and RCA a run for their out-dated money, and something to really worry about. Think thats dumb? , ok folks, Lets hear what crazy thing you think hes doing career-wise. More fun than worrying. I dont do worrying. Ill stop now.

Goodnight FCA :claybow:

Me either. Especially for things I can't control. But I can get angry and then move on.

By the way right now I'm angry with my new router. I can get on with my pcs but can't help Mr. Fear who has Macs.

:badpc:

Have a wonderful day!

:GM_FCA:

Overcast again...they did say we were supposed to have sun today...maybe later. Have a huge tree branch lying on my front lawn...don't remember it being particularly windy last night but it may have already been ready to drop and perhaps the wind we did have knocked it down.

130 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Gorgeous Ireland pictures, cha cha. And anna, Gnocchi looks so handsome with his big boy haircut. Thanks for sharing!

I may not be posting much but I do check in at least a couple times a day to make sure I'm not missing anything. It's just when I let down my guard that all Clay usually breaks loose....so perhaps Thursday? LOL I'll have a house full of people for Stu's graduation. That oughta do it.

I managed to watch a bit of the Tony's on youtube last night. NPH's closing number was funny. I had no idea that Chris Seiber did the whole show on his knees, so I watched the Shrek number as well. And then I saw that Guys and Dolls performed, so I had to watch that, since that is the show we saw in April. Oh, and of course Elton's speech when Billy Elliot won, and the Billy Elliot number. Good stuff. I should rent the movie, since I never got to see the play. Hey, never say never, right? Who knows when I might end up back in NYC. :P

If anyone wants to see it here is the cover of RS with AL (hee)

Rolling Stone

Stereotypes about gays do annoy Lambert. "Clay Aiken's gay, and I'm gay, and we couldn't be more different. The only thing that is the same about everyone in the gay community is that we're gay. ... Why can't we talk about a human community?"

I am sick of reading Lam bert shit.

Won't click on any link that might mention him.

Had to cancel my Google alert for Clay.

Maybe a vacation from Clay boards is in order.

Used to not care about him one way or the other, like the rest of this year's AI crop, but am now pissed that he is keeping this thing going. And HE is saying the words, not publicists or media.

Clay sure has long coattails.