#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Drunk in the corner? Nice. There are no words, really. Not my cuppa, that's for sure!

Clay is still the best role model I think. If I had a son that was gay I would rather he would look up to Clay than the other guy.

Heh. As far as I know, I've seen only 4 Rolling Stone covers - David Cassidy where he was OMG nekkid (man, that was hot to an 11 year old); one with what's his head from the Rolling Stones that looked like he was an ambulatory revenant (my sister pointed it out to me to show the weird taste of some people because she claimed she knew someone who thought he was still hot. Some delusional person clearly); Ruben's (because someone posted on a board) and I actually purchased Clay's. Never particularly cared about RS before this (as is clear), don't care one way or another about Lambert as he is not important in any way enough to me to care about. Though it does look like he has some sort of unrequited crush on Clay. Somebody needs to get him "He's Just Not That Into You."

Idea: next eHP road trip, let's do some dance thingies! I'll still up for Buenos Aires!

Oh I was curious to see the cover. Thanks for bringing it over.

I don't really hear a lot about Adam. He's not the Bennifer. I heard more about what's his name from last year. I had people throwing his mp3s at me. Haven't really had that experience this year. And nobody beats that damn Taylor Hicks Ford commercial that ran 24/7 for the next 6 months :hysterical: Oh and I finally saw the other guy -- he sang the National Anthem at the Laker game on Sunday.

Cha Cha thanks for the pictures..>TimeTravelerPax -thanks for sharing your story

I need to be working. Why am I not working. Maybe listening to Clay while I work will help.

Well, I did actually like Adam on the show. He seemed respectful of the others, including the band, and I liked some of his performances, except for the shrieking. Just not into that. But the RS interview, as well as his responses to what Clay said about his performance, have totally turned me off from him. I don't think its cool to brag about drug use or being drunk or who'd you'd like to or not like to do it to. And don't see why he thinks it's so much cooler to "come out" in RS than the way Clay did, especially when the only reason he had to come out in the first place is because he went in to do well on AI. And in case Adam forgot, or didn't know, Clay was the first AI contestant ever to be on RS, so :tongue09:

All of this just goes to show that there is no one like Clay Aiken. He's one of a kind. Totally unique and a complete class act. Hope that if he is out there somewhere on one of his Unicef trips that he is safe, and really hope to hear from him soon. He is one tough act to follow.

eta: when I click on the spreadsheet link above I get a page not found message. :)

Thanks. I changed the link to a right click and save as--maybe it will work now?

I may not be posting much but I do check in at least a couple times a day to make sure I'm not missing anything.

:yeahthat:

Well, I did actually like Adam on the show. He seemed respectful of the others, including the band, and I liked some of his performances, except for the shrieking. Just not into that. But the RS interview, as well as his responses to what Clay said about his performance, have totally turned me off from him. I don't think its cool to brag about drug use or being drunk or who'd you'd like to or not like to do it to. And don't see why he thinks it's so much cooler to "come out" in RS than the way Clay did, especially when the only reason he had to come out in the first place is because he went in to do well on AI. And in case Adam forgot, or didn't know, Clay was the first AI contestant ever to be on RS, so :tongue09:

All of this just goes to show that there is no one like Clay Aiken. He's one of a kind. Totally unique and a complete class act. Hope that if he is out there somewhere on one of his Unicef trips that he is safe, and really hope to hear from him soon. He is one tough act to follow.

I was inclined to like him, too. But now? Nickelback's 'Rockstar' lyrics come to mind, but time will tell. I'm not dazzled by this particular comet.

Clay's Rolling Stone cover will always be one of my favorite 'moments in time'...with that shy little fan-blown expanse of skin. Remember the excitement when the high def image surfaced? LOL

:GA_FCA:

Well, I did click on the link and did see the cover and while I really don't see myself buying his album, I thought the RS cover looked pretty damn sexy. And I am someone who still loves the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and has the DVD.

Stereotypes about gays do annoy Lambert. "Clay Aiken's gay, and I'm gay, and we couldn't be more different. The only thing that is the same about everyone in the gay community is that we're gay. ... Why can't we talk about a human community?"

He also says he doesn't want to come out in the way Clay did...well duh! They are so different.

I don't imagine that Adam has any comprehension of the crap the media has put Clay through these last 6 years and why should he care. Right now he is at the height of his celebrity and obviously having a ball.

Anyway...said my piece..no more from me on that subject.

Not being a seasoned traveller as many of you here are, I'm getting a little anxious about travelling for 7 weeks..and I am a terrible procrastinator..what clothes to take..what gadgets to take...where exactly do I intend to go when I get to the 6 different places I'm visiting in England...how do I limit my time skimming the boards to say 1 hour per day?

Arghh!!!

:thcid_3BBE149B-59C6-45CF-B77F-7

I'm amazed because I know she had no idea about the connection but last Saturday we all got KAndre to pick the restaurant for kimiye's dinner tonight. We said, "Pick one and just pm us the time and place." Well of all the thousands of eating places in and around Houston (and yes we have lots because we're supposed to be the city where people eat out the most), she goes and picks the exact same one Clay did for a recent fan thingy. And need I remind you that this is the same person who chose to go to Paris on the same day as you-know-who? *cue in Twilight Zone music*

I think we should start a thread to ask KAndre all our questions while the cute guy's out-of-pocket, since she and Clay would probably give the same answers anyway...

Oh mighty one... How many vacation days should I set aside this year? Where should we fly on our next vacation (and please don't say Buenos Aires in July)? What's your favorite color? I know you said to just ask questions but do you know how much we adore you? And do you like <insert random long narrative that explains the questioner's connection to this thing she's asking and/or long list of achievements and excellent traits of said questioner>? Oh, and I have no question but I just wanted to wish you a nice day! Question1 quickly followed by Question2 followed by Question3 and Questions4,5,6...10? Why did you answer

to such-and-such question? Do you know that I really, really adore you?!!...

Never particularly cared about RS before this (as is clear), don't care one way or another about Lambert as he is not important in any way enough to me to care about. Though it does look like he has some sort of unrequited crush on Clay. Somebody needs to get him "He's Just Not That Into You."
OMG you may be onto something! :hysterical:

And in case Adam forgot, or didn't know, Clay was the first AI contestant ever to be on RS, so :tongue09:

Yeah, I think the facts speak for themselves.

Lambskanks seems to be a perfect descriptor IMO and I will agree with him on at least one point he made in the RS article:

"Clay Aiken's gay, and I'm gay, and we couldn't be more different."

Oh brother, you can say THAT again!

I'll take THIS in a reclining postition anyday over the smarmy snake other guy -

Having put on a large (but sexy) turban, KAndre actually notices the pleas of her minions...and since answering questions is more fun than work, decides to give it a shot...

How many vacation days should I set aside this year? Hmmmm, the answer is...LOTS! (this is easier than I thought!)

Where should we fly on our next vacation (and please don't say Buenos Aires in July)? Preferably someplace with an airport (and cabana boys carrying drinks)

What's your favorite color? Diamond. And yes, it makes perfect sense!

I know you said to just ask questions but do you know how much we adore you? Counts fan club receipts...Why, yes, yes I do! Keep sending me love!

And do you like <insert random long narrative that explains the questioner's connection to this thing she's asking because you know she just wants a connection and/or long list of achievements and excellent traits of said questioner>? No, I only like things you have never heard of, are extremely esoteric or things that would be poisonous to you but I'll developed an immunity to over the years...like NC BBQ.

Oh, and I have no question but I just wanted to wish you a nice day! No, I refuse to have a nice day, dammit! I'm only looking for kickass days!

Question1 quickly followed by Question2 followed by Question3 and Questions4,5,6...10? Files nails, surfs the 'net, plays old school Tower Defense....

Why did you answer

to such-and-such question? Ha! Read the FAQs! No talking about the boards on the boards! Read all posts before posting! No postwhoring! Wait a minute, this isn't TWoP! Never mind then. Goes back to filing nails, surfing the 'net, and playing TD...

I love Clay's RS cover. I have it framed in my bedroom. I only wish it was an autographed copy.

My friend Linda has one of those from the first eBay auction for the BAF. Sigh.

I love Clay's RS cover. I have it framed in my bedroom. I only wish it was an autographed copy.

Me too I have one, a mutual clayfan friend of ours was so generous in giving me one last year!

Never particularly cared about RS before this (as is clear), don't care one way or another about Lambert as he is not important in any way enough to me to care about. Though it does look like he has some sort of unrequited crush on Clay. Somebody needs to get him "He's Just Not That Into You."

And in case Adam forgot, or didn't know, Clay was the first AI contestant ever to be on RS, so :tongue09:

Lambskanks seems to be a perfect descriptor IMO and I will agree with him on at least one point he made in the RS article:

I'll take THIS in a reclining postition anyday over the smarmy snake other guy -

Amen to that!!!

I don't see anything wrong with what AL said in the interview--and he's not too much different from other people in their 20s (gay or straight). Most have been indiscreet--many have been drunk or tried drugs (especially marijuana). I just don't see a problem with his honesty. Doesn't mean he is striving to be a role model for chastity or anything.

I'm going to have to stop having the eHP over to my place. One time I found a huge hole in my roof and this time one of my air conditioner units went out while they were here.

My choice is to fix the 20 year old unit for $600 or get a new energy efficient model for $2500! Well of course my DH said get the new one. It is supposed to pay for itself with the lower utility bills...... I'll let you know how that goes.

Now they came at 10 this morning and will be back about 4:30 to actually do the work so there goes my dinner with the girls! I don't think I can put up with the heat in here any more....it's 90 upstairs and only 84 down!

Adam who? Not on my radar!

Posted by tammie4Clay at OC. She omitted the new name of the foundation for those who don't want to know yet. I'll add the link below for the full article.

Only On Radar: Clay Aiken Not Nixed By Charity

Clay Aiken is not being axed by the charity he helped co-found despite internet rumors saying so, his uncle confirms to RadarOnline.com. The former American Idol star was supposedly being ditched by The Baubel Aiken Foundation which recently filed papers to change their name to *****************

“There have been a lot of rumors out there but Clay is very much still involved with this organization,” Jerry Aiken- who works for the charity- said. “Both he and co-founder Diane Baubel will remain on the board of directors and they are committed to the charity. We are simply changing the name to simplify things to a name that represents more of what we are about.”

“A lot of people had problems pronouncing the previous name and hopefully the new title will help us with promoting our cause further. But Clay is still very much part of our future plans too.”

According to local records the foundation has registered themselves with the North Carolina Secretary Of State’s office under the new name ************ The original foundation grew out of a relationship between Aiken and Baubel whose son Michael Baubel suffers from autism.

http://www.radaronline.com/node/13416

A lot of people had problems pronouncing the previous name

:cryingwlaughter: WTF? Baubel? I don't wonder why. idjits

I'm not particularly enthralled by what AL said, or him in general. But it's his right to say it. I just don't always have to listen to it. *g* Personally, I'm just waiting for the media storm for him to simmer down. I don't think it will truly go away, but I do think it will hit a dull roar eventually. Anyway, I'm still a Clay girl through and through -- but don't care one way or the other about that other runner-up dude.

I distinctly remember noticing during "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" that at the beginning of the show, Jeff Foxworthy talked about the "BOOble Aiken Foundation." After mentioning it twice, he just started calling it "the Foundation." I thought that rather funny myself.

Though it does look like he has some sort of unrequited crush on Clay. Somebody needs to get him "He's Just Not That Into You."

Totally cracked me up. I've seen that movie advertised all over the place. Now I may have to rent it.

I don't hate the guy, I just don't care about him. Clay was way too nice about him. If you're gonna get bashed for giving your opinion about someone you might as well really give it to them. :cryingwlaughter:

I haven't watched or even been interested in AI for ever well since 2003. So I have no opinion about the guy. Off to the gym, have a good night.

(((((merrieeee))))), sorry about your A/C! Ugh! My parents were without cool for a week, after the AC company came out for 'pre-season maintenance' and broke the darn thing! LOL

I can't make it to the eHP dinner, either, y'all. Just...not possible, sadly. Not that I could taste even the most delicious Italian food right now, anyway. Haven't been able to smell or taste anything for a week now!

Sure miss chocolate.

Sure will miss seeing my friends.

*sigh*

eta: when I click on the spreadsheet link above I get a page not found message. :)

Thanks. I changed the link to a right click and save as--maybe it will work now?

Well, I guess my getting the spreadsheet wasn't meant to be!

I went back to your original post on pg 17, but it didn't work.

I tried the one on this page (pg 18) - no dice.

I tried the one on your original CH post - nada. ::insert Eeyore waaah, waaah here::

Now what? :)

I don't hate the guy, I just don't care about him. Clay was way too nice about him. If you're gonna get bashed for giving your opinion about someone you might as well really give it to them. :cryingwlaughter:

I couldnt agree more..^^^^...

About BAF name change:

Maybe in addition to confusion about pronouncing the name, maybe Clay worried that "Bubel" part was being confused with Michael Buble [accent on the e] , that other crooner. Just a thought.

About AdamL:

At first I was entertained by him on AI, and even liked his sound in a few songs. I guess I enjoyed watching him more than actually listening tho, so my interest faded as I found that I actually liked Kris Allen's songs better, and would repeat play them. I fear that in the long-run, Adam's appeal may fade quickly with other casual fans too, especially as he continues to reaveal himself as a willing AI tool instead of the actual "rebel" that Clay truely is, and he, Adam, claims to be. He's just not all that interesting or original IMO

Im expecting a very hot yet very short career that could be over before Clay actually reappears for his next reinvention. AL is just not as good or as interesting as he thinks he is.

But..Im actually starting to feel somewhat sorry for this other runner-up guy.

Clay set lots of "firsts" and miscell records which will not likely be equaled by anyone in the AI contxt, and you know, the AI-RCA-19xyz machine will use AL just like they did Clay then turn on him in the end too, and they will have alot more actual embarassing photos, tapes, tweets, interviews to work with in tossing him under a bus when they're ready. I hope Adam enjoys his ride while he disses Clay, because in trusting Roger or the AIMachine, he is really playing with that ring of fire. At leaste Clay never really trusted them and got away partially early, and completely in the end, finally.

Some last words for Adam:

Good Luck, kid, you'll need it!

:ninja:

timetravelerpax... GREAT story!!! I'd say it could only happen in Ireland, but I had an "O.M.G. it's just not possible" story that happened in San Francisco, so...

But liney-- I just could not let this ^^^comment pass. Do tell your SanFrancisco story sometime. In fact, I love "OMG, its not possible" stories, so spill the details sometime when you feel so inclined.

Timetraveler... ok...

I had gone to a weekend seminar in San Francisco. On Monday I decided to go to Muir Woods (redwood forest/park north of SF). Got there, checked out the gift store, then started hiking. Lots of trails to choose from. I picked Fern Creek cause I love the combination of redwoods and ferns growing together.

Poked along, getting inside the trees and just enjoying myself, when all of sudden I hear a voice saying... "That's my mom!" I look up and there, coming down the path, was my middle daughter and her husband. I knew they were visiting friends just outside of SF, but... what were the chances of us going to the same place and taking the same path at a time we would actually meet??? Slim to none... but O.M.G. it really happened. Cue woo woo music here... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Not being a seasoned traveller as many of you here are, I'm getting a little anxious about travelling for 7 weeks..and I am a terrible procrastinator..what clothes to take..what gadgets to take...where exactly do I intend to go when I get to the 6 different places I'm visiting in England...how do I limit my time skimming the boards to say 1 hour per day?

Arghh!!!

:thcid_3BBE149B-59C6-45CF-B77F-7

Lotus... comfortable shoes, an umbrella, and layers. :cryingwlaughter: 7 weeks... wow! Where are you going. I went on a crop circle tour for 1 week and loved it. Had great food, only rained at night. FUN!!!

I think we should start a thread to ask KAndre all our questions while the cute guy's out-of-pocket, since she and Clay would probably give the same answers anyway...

Oh mighty one... How many vacation days should I set aside this year? Where should we fly on our next vacation (and please don't say Buenos Aires in July)? What's your favorite color? I know you said to just ask questions but do you know how much we adore you? And do you like <insert random long narrative that explains the questioner's connection to this thing she's asking and/or long list of achievements and excellent traits of said questioner>? Oh, and I have no question but I just wanted to wish you a nice day! Question1 quickly followed by Question2 followed by Question3 and Questions4,5,6...10? Why did you answer

to such-and-such question? Do you know that I really, really adore you?!!...

Scarlett.... BWAH!!! Very good imitation of that thread! :cryingwlaughter:

treenuts... S.W.O.O.N. Clay reclining... over snakes pointing at the .... not titanium ones... no choice at all... CLAY wins hands down!!! :hubbahubba:

KAndre.... :hysterical::hysterical: I hope that turban is COVERED in diamonds... you so deserve it. Your answers to Scarlett's questions were inspired!