#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Info on "It" books:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/05/books/05harper.html

Maybe he has a few things to say about everything that's gone on these past few years, especially (to steal a title from Al Franken) Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them. He may be eager to tell a few backstories now -- and he proved that his opinion is in demand these past several weeks. I think he was generating a lot of the publicity for Idol lately. Once the Clay element went out of the Idol-related stories, the publicity seemed to deflate, IMO.

A book -- a new CD -- a TOUR -- dare I dream?

Ah, my two great loves may be coming together (again)... Clay Aiken and books. What could be better? (Other than a Clay Aiken tour, of course.) *sighs dreamily*

I would love to see him write another book. Seems like that was one of the questions I asked at the OFC which he never answered. :pickme:

I don't normally like tweets but these are very nice so I choose to believe these are true. :naughtywag: Clay is so darn smart. I wonder if it has anything to do with AI, now that he seems to be free of them. I hope. After the events this Spring, I suspect they messed around with him.

ETA: or what keepingfaith said.

Maybe--if a book is true at all-- Clay is writing about something more academic-- yet opinionated--like Unicef, poverty, politics, diversity, civil rights, inclusion etc. Im sure it would have a Clay personal connection, but his mini rant on prop8 in California was of interest to many people. . Or Maybe he has been working on some social essays on controversial [King of Controversy] issues important to Clay and his many "inclusion-related interests". ...and maybe he was trying his professor Aiken hat on a few weeks ago, and he liked the reception his ideas it got. Or the publishers did. I know I did.

Hot. :me0:

I doubt it would be an autobiography/memoir about AI or extremely personal stuff.

Just harmless speculating here. I like academic/Unicef Clay. :wub:

Thank you liney! That sounds wonderful! I love the sour milk addition.

FromClaygary... This is a recipe that has been passed down thru several generations of my family on my maternal grandmother's side.

I'd read his grocery list.

wanda... Short and to the point, as usal... BWAH!!!

Caro... Just loved that tractor youtube and then watched Pala for the uptiumped time. Luckiest and goldarngirl did such a great job on that.

:clap:

I also asked him about a book at the OFC and I think my post was deleted...couldn't find it later.

I think Clay could do a combination of his coming out process along with how it related to AI and RCA...it would be interesting if he could really answer all the questions the fans have been asking.

But like Wanda I'll throw my money at anything he writes.

Kim

Lol, treenuts! He could be writing a cookbook, a gardening non-gardening book, a christmas book, a graphic novel, a whodunit, a political manifesto, a collection of poetry, a first-aid book, a parenting guide, a travel book, ... and I bet you'd still find a way to smut every single type. :hahaha:

(I'm aleady searching Amazon)

:lmaosmiley-1: I didn't do that :whistling-1:

I would LOVE another book from him. Anything.

In the meantime.....anyone familiar with Michael J. Fox?

IMDB MJ Fox

I've just started reading HIS new book "Always Looking Up" and absolutely LOVING it....45 pages in, I've laughed out loud, shed tears, and really, really enjoyed it.

He strongly reminds me of someone else we know who might be writing a book, personality-wise.

Family man, funny, intelligent, diverse, lots of integrity.

While we wait.....I highly recommend it! :)

Caro... Just loved that tractor youtube and then watched Pala for the uptiumped time. Luckiest and goldarngirl did such a great job on that.

:clap:

Thank you, liney. Glad you enjoyed the entry and the tractor, LOL. Many thnx to luckiest1 and goldarngirl ... and all who "decorate" the Carolina blog. There were lots of hits while I was teaching in High Point, so it's still on Google's first page, which is kewl for people searching for "Clay Aiken." :)

Love the publisher's post, which I retweeted just to put that positive assessment in the Clay Aiken column. True or not, the tweet sure outshines the usual trash. :whistling-1:

Have a great evening, all! :wub:

Caro listen.gif

WTF???

I had a pm from jmh123 and cindilu2. I sent off a reply to jmh123 and then went to reply to Cindy's pm and the board said

You cannot send another PM until Jun 15 2009, 09:38 PM

What the heck is up wit dat???

:rant:

Fine. I'll kill time. :wordpooper:

I have some choices re: my bmp issue. We've tried a bunch of stuff including system restore and I found 2 error files, which were both Active X things...something indicated on the IE site could be a problem with damaged/unknown files.

1. I could install IE7 and see what happens cuz I have IE6.

2. I could install an Active X thingie but not sure which one.

3. I could uninstall Nero cuz I think it might have been what took out whatever Active X things and then do system restore.

4. Go use my smaller old lightning struck laptop that has a fried ethernet port and won't shut off unless I unplug it and let the battery run down (It just re-boots) cuz of the lightning hit.

Well, I've killed 5 minutes now...

What exactly does it say about me that I IMMEDIATELY found Waldo in that picture?

Never mind.

Don't answer that. :whistling-1:

Waldo? Where's the pitchur? Where? Where? Where?

:bolt:

Can I possibly be the only one that doesn't like looking at some of those photos?

Nope, not the only one.

Well, I enjoyed 'em. And CF, is that why I haven't gotten a reply to my pm either? Or are you just ignoring me?

Ouch! That last one (not the cat) damn near put my eye out!! :hubbahubba::hysterical:

Since I came late to the party is it possible to get a brief (not boxers) summary of how the term "waldo" came to be for Clay's, erm....waldo?

Can I possibly be the only one that doesn't like looking at some of those photos?

Nope, not the only one.

Rutrow. :chair: Muski, move over...guess I gotta join ya in the naughty chair.

Well, I enjoyed 'em.

Knew ya would.

And CF, is that why I haven't gotten a reply to my pm either? Or are you just ignoring me?

PM? Where?

Ouch! That last one (not the cat) damn near put my eye out!! :hubbahubba::hysterical:

Since I came late to the party is it possible to get a brief (not boxers) summary of how the term "waldo" came to be for Clay's, erm....waldo?

Gotta put dem goggles on BEFORE ya start scrollin' hon for them to do any good! What am I saying. They don't do any good at all...

I had to skip a few pages but I'm caught up tonight!! YAAY!!

I got really nostalgic this morning when I was experiencing :Tour4:

Why? You may well ask, because Clay's not on tour!!!

Well, I'm going to tell..... [tm cute guy in a nightgown]

My friend Joy called last night and said, do you want to go see Paul McCartney on July 18?

I didn't even know he was appearing anywhere, but I said YES!! And I'd also said I take care of buying the tickets since I have no job.

So this morning at 9:30 I logged into TicketBastard and proceeded to click on "More Info" - they were supposed to go onsale at 10 am.

Well - the ticket system for CitiField (in Flushing) has a unique feature. It has a minute countdown coupled with a message something like "a limited number of patrons are let into the site during heavy traffic times" and then it refreshes itself when the counter reaches zero and starts over.

VERY NERVE WRACKING!

So I got my cell phone and land line phone and started dialing the box office. At about 10:27 I got thru on the land line. A nice young man called James informed me that the Fri & Sat nite performances were SOLD OUT!! But.... another show had been added for Tuesday! I made a quick call to Joy on the cell to make sure she could go on Tuesday, and proceeded to buy some pretty good seats for $140.

IT'S PAUL McCARTNEY BABY!!!PaulClay.gif

in Clay-related topics.... I can't wait to hear something from him... a book would be nice!!

eta: I forgot to say to canfly that I use PSP (Jasc) Animation Shop. But you need a video viewer that takes screenshots, you use them to make the animations. HTH! :)

eata: treenuts: not sure if this will help or not... THE LEGEND OF WALDO