#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Ouch! That last one (not the cat) damn near put my eye out!! :hubbahubba::hysterical:

Since I came late to the party is it possible to get a brief (not boxers) summary of how the term "waldo" came to be for Clay's, erm....waldo?

Gotta put dem goggles on BEFORE ya start scrollin' hon for them to do any good! What am I saying. They don't do any good at all...

When I stumbled upon these, I knew that one day I would have just the right use for them.

MVC-002F.jpg

Here, Chardonnay and I demonstrate effective Cl-eye protection. And we were SO ready to market these and get rich, rich, RICH!

bwglasses.jpg

I suppose there's a table involved in a book tour....

*Rats!*

:GM_FCA:

I love looking at pictures of Clay, but I have to say the "crotch" pictures make me uncomfortable and I find myself scrolling through those.

123 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Can I possibly be the only one that doesn't like looking at some of those photos?

Heh, I'm not much of a Waldo watcher....but I bet you could have guessed that. ;)

My friend Joy called last night and said, do you want to go see Paul McCartney on July 18?

I didn't even know he was appearing anywhere, but I said YES!!

<snip>

I made a quick call to Joy on the cell to make sure she could go on Tuesday, and proceeded to buy some pretty good seats for $140.

IT'S PAUL McCARTNEY BABY!!!PaulClay.gif

Wheeeee, good for you!!!! I posted about these concerts last week, I think. Guess you missed it. :cryingwlaughter: I wish I could go but I was lucky enough to see him last year in Quebec, so I'm not complaining. Have a great time!!! :dancingpickle:

I'm guessing Clay's book will be a family memoir ala the story by fellow North Carolinian David Sedaris: Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim. Only Clay's version will be titled Dress Your Family in Hoodies and Tutus.

I read the first pages offered in the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon for that book, it looks kind of entertaining! And I could have it on my Kindle in less than a minute!! Such is the power of instant gratification, such is the power I have to resist on a daily basis!

I have a question tho, bottle, on your suggestion for hte title of Clay's book. Explain the "tutus" part, please? :)

I'm lovin' the Cl-eye protection gear, Karen eh, I'm taking it for granted that you scraped the idea to market them, cos I sure don't have a pair. :cryingwlaughter: The second picture pretty much captures any moment at a Clay Aiken concert.....OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cocktail:

By the way,I have no aversion to looking for "Waldo"..it's all in fun :lipstick: ...keeps my imagination active and at my age that's a plus for sure.

I do hope he's having a good rest OR working his butt off...whichever is going to give us the quickest result.........what can I say, I obviously have become a part of the "I want it right now" generation......even I will admit that is a sad commentary.

BUT..... :loveclaysbutt:

HEY......I'm not a dog walker anymore.....WOW !!!!! Sure hope I'm up to the task. :hubbahubba:

I have a question tho, bottle, on your suggestion for hte title of Clay's book. Explain the "tutus" part, please? :)

That's a reference one of the costumes that Reed and the other dancers are wearing as part of Mylene's tour - a tux jacket with a tutu, fishnet tights and combat boots - as designed by Jean Paul Gaultier.

post-40-1245177197.jpg

eata: treenuts: not sure if this will help or not... THE LEGEND OF WALDO

Oooh, thanks for that! Yum :ready6:

Ouch! That last one (not the cat) damn near put my eye out!! :hubbahubba::hysterical:

Since I came late to the party is it possible to get a brief (not boxers) summary of how the term "waldo" came to be for Clay's, erm....waldo?

Gotta put dem goggles on BEFORE ya start scrollin' hon for them to do any good! What am I saying. They don't do any good at all...

When I stumbled upon these, I knew that one day I would have just the right use for them.

MVC-002F.jpg

Here, Chardonnay and I demonstrate effective Cl-eye protection. And we were SO ready to market these and get rich, rich, RICH!

bwglasses.jpg

*Rats!*

:lmaosmiley-1: OMG those are classic! Best laugh I've had all week!

The whole tutu picture is confusing to me...I don't get it.....I guess you had to see the show to understand the significance...if there is any. :cocktail:

Yeah, I guess you have to be there, cuz tutus and combat boots, not to mention fishnets, do not compute for me. It's not exactly a flattering look -- even on a guy with GREAT legs!

getclayaiken.com has a Reed thread, and someone there did a little research about the song for those costumes. The song is called "Sans contrefaçon" (

)

There's an interesting entry about the song at Wikipedia. Mylene wrote the song.

The song's lyrics seem to be autobiographical. Indeed, in interviews, Farmer often explained that when she was younger, a lot of people thought she was a boy[2] [3] because of her androgynous look (she had the short hair).[4] To strengthen even more doubt, she confessed she "put a handkerchief in her trousers".[5]

The song mentions the Chevalier d'Eon, a French diplomat, spy and soldier who lived the second half of his life as a woman.

The music, especially the refrain is "catchy".[6]

Although the song does not deal with homosexuality, it eventually became over the years an anthem of the gay community.[7]

And at MF International there is a translation with this discussion

Since I have to choose

Then I shall say it gently

Without counterfit

I am a boy

Notice she says since, if it was up to her she would not even try choosing, but the world requires a classification, then she says emphatically that she is a boy. Why a boy? I dunno ! Probably cause of the power the gender gives.

And even for an empire

I would not undress myself

Because without counterfit

I am a boy

Well she's just putting emphasis on it, she's definitley a boy ! but don't make me prove it, cause I just am !

All alone in my closet

Dark rings around my eyes

Sheltered from every gaze

I defy chance

The alone part perhaps emphasizes the rejection of those who dare defy the gender role, I'm not quite sure what she means by the dark eyes thing though ! Shelted from the gaze of society she is free to be herself, to perhaps decide to defy chance and become somebody else, in her case.... to defy the gender nature imposed on her and decide for herself... to be a boy !

In this sensless world

I only do what my head says

With a hankerchief stuffed in my pants

I am the Knight of Eon

Now isn't she right? the world is just a crazy place. Sometimes there is no other compass other than the one we have. So she's born a girl, but her head says she's a boy, what does she do? Stuff her crotch ! Play the Knight of Eon.... and who is the knight of eon? well it's a story almost deserving of an entire post in itself.

This is the enigmatic knight of eon:

Man? Woman? Actually a man (proven at this death) that nonetheless switched between roles throughout his life, he was a spy for the french government and once went undercover to russia as a woman ! Quite an interesting read his story is, I actually found many versions of it but here's the one I liked best : )

Time and time driven

From my companies

I never admit challenges

To my resolutions

We once again see the rejection here, but despite that, it is not a deterrent, the resolutions are clear, no matter what the consequences.

I don't give a damn about what they say

I am a chameleon

Take cover cover from my toy soldiers

It's they who shall kill you

Now here's a rejection on her part towards society, if a somewhat childish one at that... at least it seems so.

Well that sure was fun, that's why this song is the "gender bender" of the bunch, and not just that, I'd think we could refer to it as thumbing it's nose at society, admitting it's cruelty and mocking it, who cares what they say? be yourself !!

That's interesting, thanks for bringing it over ldyj.

yeah thanks ldyj! That song was catchy!

I guess I haven't been paying attention cause I didn't even know the name or the person Reed was on tour with with whom Reed was on tour. :BlowKiss:

Keh - so the google pix surface again!! I love those! Weren't they on the LBFCA Main Page once?

ooops!!! I said google!! I meant goggle!!!!:cryingwlaughter:

Can I possibly be the only one that doesn't like looking at some of those photos?

:lol: I totally missed it at first

because I was looking at his pretty face :) then I read your post and went back. Yeah I not very obserant.

But, my absolutely favorite feature of Clay's is his green eyes so I always notice them first.

I'm guessing Clay's book will be a family memoir ala the story by fellow North Carolinian David Sedaris: Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim. Only Clay's version will be titled Dress Your Family in Hoodies and Tutus.

:cryingwlaughter:

Ooooh, niiice view(s), bottle! Reed certainly is flexible :tasty: Thnx!

And not ones you see everyday. Unless of course you're Clay and then...

Heh, did I just say that? Out loud? :whistling-1:

:naughtywag: sowwy

I have to admit that I never really had any emotional investment in the various females that Clay has been shipped with through the years, but I'm very partial to Reed.

That picture of him hugging Clay touched my heart.

It's the series of photos which includes the one in my avatar that got to me. I loved seeing them goof around with each other. :wub:

I TOTALLY love you avi--that's one of my favorite pictures. They look so much in love.

I wonder what Clay thinks of Reed wearin' a tutu, lol?

eata: treenuts: not sure if this will help or not... THE LEGEND OF WALDO

Oooh, thanks for that! Yum :ready6:

MVC-002F.jpg

bwglasses.jpg

*Rats!*

:lmaosmiley-1: OMG those are classic! Best laugh I've had all week!

:cryingwlaughter:

That's old :naughtywag: stuff, lmao.

Yeah, I guess you have to be there, cuz tutus and combat boots, not to mention fishnets, do not compute for me. It's not exactly a flattering look -- even on a guy with GREAT legs!

They do not compute for me either. Not only do I think that it is not a flattering look, it looks downright silly to me. Still, is anyone else wondering how Clay would look in the outfit Reed is wearing? Or am I the only one? Should I duck the tomatoes? If the tutu was short enough, we would probably get a good view of Waldo!

Canfly,

I also wonder what Clay thinks of Reed's outfit.