#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I think the costume works for the type of outrageous show she's doing. It's outrageous and creative and just not for everyone. I imagine the fans of Mylene have a blast discussing her shows -- and I bet they're crazy about all the dancers. :cryingwlaughter:

A little sad because my so thrilled to be going to the gala has turned into a big old maybe. I just don't know at this point.

I've been catching up here everyday but between fighting off some sort of bug before it took hold and trying to work as much as possible before my brother and his family get here ...it's been hectic.

Soooooooooo Clay's writing a book? :lilredani:

I suppose there's a table involved in a book tour....

*Rats!*

So... those weren't x-ray vision glasses? For a minute there...

*Double Rats!*

:GE_FCA:

Sadly, not x-ray glasses....but they do allow one to select different levels of protection depending on Waldo's level of participation, and/or the experience level of the user.

I also hate to say this....but....I left them with our things, stored in Houston, when we moved overseas.

cha cha, I think we did include one of those photos or one like it on a Main Page at the Broads. I can't remember which one, though......but I do think you're right.

As for the tutus, I'd say Reed looks about as good in one as any guy possibly could look in a tulle mini skirt.

calurker, I'll be home again in about 5 weeks for a nice long holiday. I'll call you for sure.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Any chance that Clay's gonna try the one ,two, three punch again??......... A book, CD and a short Christmas tour. Just thinking off the top off my head. First he says he heading back to the studio, then he's asking for info about the Christmas tour and now the gossip about a possible book.

It's a slow night, what can I say??

Hey Karen eh.....you're like a chipmunk, got stuff stored all over the place. :hysterical:

I'm looking foward to your visit home...hopefully it will have warmed up by then.(7 degrees this am...brrr)

Any chance that Clay's gonna try the one ,two, three punch again??......... A book, CD and a short Christmas tour. Just thinking off the top off my head. First he says he heading back to the studio, then he's asking for info about the Christmas tour and now the gossip about a possible book.

It's a slow night, what can I say??

Hey Karen eh.....you're like a chipmunk, got stuff stored all over the place. :hysterical:

I'm looking foward to your visit home...hopefully it will have warmed up by then.(7 degrees this am...brrr)

Or he's recording a CD to accompany a Christmas book based on The Work.....

Well, NUTS!! Thank God, I turned out to be a chipmunk! I've been looking for an explanation for these cheeks (all four of them) since I haven't been near any Ben & Jerry's for months and months.

I:

A little sad because my so thrilled to be going to the gala has turned into a big old maybe. I just don't know at this point.

I really hope all will work out for you. You have to have some fun in life. :snoopy:

I'm hoping. :drinking71: It sounds like a plan, if the tweets are true.

:GM_FCA:

122 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

As for the tutus, I'd say Reed looks about as good in one as any guy possibly could look in a tulle mini skirt.

Have a great day everyone! :)

yes he does LOL.

co-signing on the nice day thingie!!

ETA well geeze... nobody wants to read this twice.

I:

I really hope all will work out for you. You have to have some fun in life. :snoopy:

Me too.

My biggest gala worry is that there just are not going to be enough tickets for all the people who want to be there. With no other appearances anywhere announced, the entire fandom is going to want to be there. Which would be fantastic, if Clay would only choose a venue that could accommodate us all.

I happen to be a fan who doesn't feel a need to be at the gala. Mainly because I don't live in the area, I'm not a millionaire, and it's not cost rational in my mind to buy a $250 ticket and spend about $500 for travel expenses. It would be different if it were a concert, or a Broadway weekend; but this is a charity and I'd sooner send TBAF a check for the whole $750.

Maybe I need to stop this accounting work?

He makes me "quizzically excited" too! I hope that's a good thing! Hee I typed thong instead!!!

I'm very sure it's also a good thong, merrieeee!

Awwww, {{{couchie}}}. I really hope you can make it.

Yeah, jmh123, I am a little apprehensive for the same reasons, but trying to think positive. The 30th is getting close!

I hope we can make it, me too trying to think positive!!! Would love to see you there.

Ryan Seacrest twittered that he's casting a new show "that will help kids-schools-families" and that he's looking for a celeb anchor who has been given a second chance and asked for suggestions. Lots of tweets suggesting Clay. I could be wrong, but I don't see Clay working for Ryan Seacrest anytime soon!

Before the "quizically excited" tweet (which, I've read was at the FlatIron Building -- ha ha! Supposedly the same place where he met one of those literary agents) was this tweet, earlier this morning:

nelsonofnelson: Guess who almost doored me when I was on my bike yesterday. Yup, you're right! Clay Aiken! He looked great, by the way.

Topic: I'd like to be doored by Clay!

Before the "quizically excited" tweet (which, I've read was at the FlatIron Building -- ha ha! Supposedly the same place where he met one of those literary agents) was this tweet, earlier this morning:

nelsonofnelson: Guess who almost doored me when I was on my bike yesterday. Yup, you're right! Clay Aiken! He looked great, by the way.

Topic: I'd like to be doored by Clay!

I love that he mentioned that Clay looked great -- I thought the twitterer looked pretty hot himself!

I have the sneaky feeling that Clay has a lot of "irons" in the fire and I don't begrudge him this vacation period AT ALL. I think he may be traveling at warp speed very soon, if not already. I never saw JN2, so I'd love it if he produced a Christmas TV special that could be syndicated every season. I'd love a new book by Clay, and since he said on OFC that he didn't write the first one, maybe he really wants to write one (or already has) that is in his own words, or more in-depth about his experiences. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll be recording this year. Broadway's a possibility -- but I'd love to see a limited run Clay Aiken performance show (a la Liza, or Lily Tomlin, or Will Ferrell) more than a long running musical or play. They give out Tonys for those limited runs too!

He'll be touring sometime sooner or later. I saw last year's Idol winner, David Cook, on LKL this week, and he told Larry he's been touring venues circa 1,000 and less -- mostly on college campuses. Larry asked him if he would like to tour the larger venues and Cook said "sure" but he has to work his way up to that level. Clay's last pop tour, DCAT, he was drawing 2,000 - 8,000 depending on venue size, and people said OH NO!!! And Clay was getting serious money for those shows -- I know I paid in the $100 range for each of the shows I saw. (Except Tulsa, and that one was cheaper, because it was an already-defunct venue -- even though the parking lot was verra, verra, niiiice).

ClayTulsaHandshake.jpg

ClayTulsahandshake1.jpg

Clay played some GREAT venues. He packed 'em in in Houston:

joneshall1.jpg

Sold out the Hard Rock in Orlando:

ClayAikenTour2007017.jpg

Sold out in West Palm Beach:

ClayAikenTour2007002.jpg

In fact, I saw a story later in the WPB news that said the Kravis Center was sold out twice that summer season -- Clay Aiken, and Kathy Griffin.

Anyway, I agree with Insider on this one!

INSIDER.jpg

:clap: GREAT POST, kf!!! :clap:

...and uhm, thanks for the package shot :Thud:

ETA - NEW PICS OF CLAY!

Clay Aiken To Celebrate First Father’s Day

from justjared -

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/06/17/cl...en-fathers-day/

ACK! Reed, get home and keep your man away from the closet!! I love Clay Aiken, I just wish to god he'd look in the mirror more often before he goes out in public, bless his wittle heart. LOL

Heck, when I'm flying, I wear crap. I want to be com-for-ta-ble.

Yeah, yeah, I know Clay's a celebrity and risks being photographed every time he goes anywhere, and yeah, those mandals should probably be burned. But he's still freakin' adorable -- and I'm happy to see the return of the square framed glasses!

Hee! The JustJared entry right below Clay's shows Chris Pine (Of the new Star Trek movie) in a very similar plaid shirt and ratty jeans. Chris was just named to People's Hottest Bachelor list. :whistling-1:

Anyway, this is the Happy Hottie I'm interested in:

clay-aiken-fathers-day-10.jpg

clay-aiken-fathers-day-05.jpg

clay-aiken-fathers-day-04.jpg

I wear crap most of the time so I can't complain. Well, that's obviously not true because I'm sure most of the people who do the complaining probably look like hell too. I think its funny that he still has those cut off pants.