#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I have absolutely no standards when it comes to Clay.

I love everything he does.

It makes life so much easier.

wanda... BWAH!!! I so agree with you, but what else is new... :cryingwlaughter:

I'm beyond thrilled about the book. The co-author sounds like a fascinating woman, and I think it will be interesting how it all comes together. I'll buy a couple.

You know, I was thinking about this latest development. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I totally believe that Clay is in this career for the long haul, and I think books are one of the ways that he can develop this journey of his. IMO, he doesn't seem to be focusing on any one particular aspect in this show business thing, and I personally love this. If nothing else, it shows to me that he takes risks, and that to me means he is an artist. He continues to learn, working with people many would never expect him to, and yet, is still himself.

God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyj... Great post!... Thread title bolded above^^^

Ansa...

:bdayparty2:Happy Birthday!!! :bdayparty2:

What a riot that you and couchie start this board and your birthdays are a day apart. Kewl!!!

Caro... that lullabye montage on your blog made me schmoopie! Clay celebrating his first Father's Day... Love it! Thanks, Caro!

That cat picture made me... :cryingwlaughter: cause I'm housesitting for my oldest daughter and she had 8 cats... 6 of which are housecats. BWAH!!! At night they all sleep with me.. ack...

I loved the hamster storyline... thanks!

From CV:

QUOTE (ClayIzzaQT @ Jun 19 2009, 08:46 PM)

Cute Clay mention on Twitter;

Varumu (Chris Mattice)

Adam Lambert's upcoming single is decent. He sounds like Clay Aiken, and not like himself... Which I like. lol 9 minutes ago from TwitterFox

Looks like Subo showed out again. Simon must have his hands full with her.

Susan Boyle was dropped from a second Britain's Got Talent concert last night after launching into a bizarre rant over her beloved cat Pebbles.

The distressed singer was seen shouting on the balcony of her eighth floor room which overlooked the atrium at Radisson SAS Hotel in Liverpool on Thursday afternoon.

Her behaviour prompted producers to remove the 48-year-old from the playlist at Thursday's live tour at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

On my mind: Clay at lunch ...

with friends ...

and starstruck fans ...

a second book by Clay ...

this one about Christmas ...

pattern? ...

second album about Christmas ...

cicadae going wild outside my window ...

MY GOD IT'S HOT HERE! ...

must be 100 in the shade ...

energy level less than zero ...

must be time for ice cream ...

been dieting recently ...

completely support my decision to have the Blue Bell anyway ....

Homemade Vanilla, Butter Crunch, or Birthday Cake? ...

Homemade Vanilla maybe slightly less heinous? ...

but I have hot fudge and whipped cream in the fridge ...

life is short ...

I'd work at O'Charley's with ya, merrieeee ...

Lord, I have cherries too ...

did I mention it's unbearably, insufferably HOT!

no more yard work for me until November.

I don't think Susan Boyle is cut out for anything but a recording studio.

She obviously is not able to handle all the pressure of public appearances, and I somehow doubt that Simon will be bringing her over here if she is so unstable. I hope he does not.

Happy birthday, Ansa!!!!!!

The Hamster Band would sing for you, but they are still hiding from Evil Catz.......

If you watch closely, Mr. Hamster will peek out and wish you the best!!!!

cathunt.gif

I think that is a Paul Smith suit.......

On my mind: Clay at lunch ...

with friends ...

and starstruck fans ...

a second book by Clay ...

this one about Christmas ...

pattern? ...

second album about Christmas ...

cicadae going wild outside my window ...

MY GOD IT'S HOT HERE! ...

must be 100 in the shade ...

energy level less than zero ...

must be time for ice cream ...

been dieting recently ...

completely support my decision to have the Blue Bell anyway ....

Homemade Vanilla, Butter Crunch, or Birthday Cake? ...

Homemade Vanilla maybe slightly less heinous? ...

but I have hot fudge and whipped cream in the fridge ...

life is short ...

I'd work at O'Charley's with ya, merrieeee ...

Lord, I have cherries too ...

did I mention it's unbearably, insufferably HOT!

no more yard work for me until November.

It's 110 in the Shade and we need a rainmaker but I can't stay away from my plants because they're growing somehow.

On topic: I want to join merrieeee and keepingfaith in their 2nd jobs.

ROTFL, djs&bottle!!! (keep them coming!) :cryingwlaughter:

:GA_FCA:

Thunderstorms rolling in here...getting dark and very windy...humidity is off the charts...but it is supposed to blow over quickly and be beautiful for the rest of the week-end.

About Clay's book...I was thinking what a smart move because being a Christmas item it could be issued yearly and wouldn't that mean that Clay continue receiving royalties from it...a nice source of income. Don't mean he is in it totally for the money...but seems like good business sense to me.

Of course, I know nothing about how this works and could be talking out of my butt!

Kim

I'm in Raleigh early this am mom sitting for the weekend. It's going to be hot hot hot tomorrow--100 degrees. ACK!

Hey, does that mean you'll be watching Clay on WRAL tomorrow? The high school theater award show that Clay presented at in May will be broadcast tomorrow.

From the CH's calender:

"Tune in to WRAL on Saturday, June 20th at 3 p.m. to watch the 3rd annual Capital Awards.

Additional broadcasts will air on Channel 24 on Time Warner Cable."

Oh gosh, I hope someone gets that for us...I would LOVE to see it.

Raining cats and dogs here in Fredericton, New Brunswick...that may, unfortunately, put a stop to my plans to go tour the Bay of Fundy tomorrow. Guess we'll see what the morning is like. Taking pictures in the rain is not good. :(

Ansa... What a riot that you and couchie start this board and your birthdays are a day apart. Kewl!!!

That is definitely kewl. And lin, I think there are quite a few back-to-back birthdays at FCA .... including you and me, kid! (Libras don't kick butt, we kiss it and make it better. )

Raining cats and dogs here in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Thunderstorms rolling in here

Rain? Thunderstorms? What the heck is that?

Well, scarlett and merrieeee, sounds like we should open a restaurant called eHP in the Raleigh area. We could say it stands for "everybodyHavePie" or "extraHealthyPortions" or "empanadaHotPockets" -- we could figure a way to draw him in. Oh yes, by our sterling reputation for excellence, I'm sure.

djs, they all look like cats. Are you trying to fool us? :wordpooper:

I also think Clay realizes that he is not going to appeal to the youngest and/or coolest demographic. Christmas can be uncool and everyone will buy. I'm another who thinks he will either do a tour or cd along with the book. He may, in fact, do all three. Personally, I think he is cool by doing what he likes no matter what critics say. But then again no one pays to hear my opinion.

It was in the nineties here and humid but fortunately we are painting indoors with air conditioning. I;ve been watching my weight too keepingfaith, but so far I'm happy with watermelon.

Power back on after being out for the last hour...strange...it really wasn't raining that hard or that much thunder and lightning for the power to go out...it was windy so maybe that was the cause.

Pouring now...glad the power came on when it did...getting pretty stuffy in here and I really did not want to have to open the windows, it is so humid outside.

I agree that Clay will never appeal to the cool set and I don't think he wants to; I think he is just going to sing and entertain in a way that he is comfortable with and do things that are important and meaningful to him...whether it be Broadway, writing a book, TV, etc. I think some in the fandom would be a lot happier and there would be a lot less angst if they would just accept that...rock star Clay ain't gonna happen...radio...not counting on that...for me...as long as Clay is entertaining me in some capacity, I am happy.

Kim

Well, scarlett and merrieeee, sounds like we should open a restaurant called eHP in the Raleigh area. We could say it stands for "everybodyHavePie" or "extraHealthyPortions" or "empanadaHotPockets" -- we could figure a way to draw him in. Oh yes, by our sterling reputation for excellence, I'm sure.

Weren't there pictures or reports that he and Tyra ate at a Houston's sometime? I guess we could open a Raleigh branch but I've never actually eaten there since there are a lot of places around town with great ribs and burgers for less. I checked Google and it seems that this chain gets rave reviews everywhere but here. Maybe we can meet up at the Kirby branch sometime.

ETA: Glad you got your power back, aikim; hope all the surge protectors did their jobs!

I'm in Raleigh early this am mom sitting for the weekend. It's going to be hot hot hot tomorrow--100 degrees. ACK!

Hey, does that mean you'll be watching Clay on WRAL tomorrow? The high school theater award show that Clay presented at in May will be broadcast tomorrow.

From the CH's calender:

"Tune in to WRAL on Saturday, June 20th at 3 p.m. to watch the 3rd annual Capital Awards.

Additional broadcasts will air on Channel 24 on Time Warner Cable."

Oh gosh, I hope someone gets that for us...I would LOVE to see it.

Hopefully geekette at CH will get it. To record it here I'd have to use one of these:

edison1.jpg

ETA: Glad you got your power back, aikim; hope all the surge protectors did their jobs!

Everything is okay, thanks for asking!

ETA: Just peeked outside and we have a rainbow!

Kim

Hopefully geekette at CH will get it. To record it here I'd have to use one of these:

edison1.jpg

Oh, thanks, jmh...I didn't mean that I hoped you would....:) But that might be an interesting exercise, uploading to the vault from there! :hysterical:

If geekette does though...if someone from CH could share with the rest of us.... (on second thought, guess that isn't allowed on there, is it)

Well, :lol: back to my original thought....hope someone gets a chance to DVR it!

If geekette does though...if someone from CH could share with the rest of us.... (on second thought, guess that isn't allowed on there, is it)

Everything from CH goes to the CV vault and vice versa, and everything from both goes to Clack Unlimited, so sharing is definitely allowed. If it is captured, we'll all get it.

And, it looks like geekette's going to get it. Yay!! Thanks, bottle.

Everything from CH goes to the CV vault and vice versa, and everything from both goes to Clack Unlimited, so sharing is definitely allowed. If it is captured, we'll all get it.

And, it looks like geekette's going to get it. Yay!! Thanks, bottle.

Eeeee-hah!! :dancingpickle:

Sorry to disagree with those who think Clay is not and never will be cool, but I must. He's the coolest breeze in my world. There's nothing that does it for me more than natural sensuousness. I love Clay's smart mouth, independent spirit, disinclination to compromise, and seeming distain for the commercially cool -- or cool by fiat of anyone else -- but the sensuous is all over him, and it trumps overt sexual for me every.single.time. Betcha he still can't stop rubbing feet! Clay has a full body and soul connection that is real and transferrable. Yeah, he's so freaking cool I can't stand it! And nobody in the world need agree with me, because it wouldn't affect how I experience Clay Aiken.

In fact, I'm remembering a guy I knew a long time ago whose opinion I trusted in most matters. Once had a discussion in which he said something I've remembered: "Cool is something you can't see through." I can't see through Clay. He remains a maze, a mystery, elusive and in your face all at the same time, and he has this voice .... for which I have no words. That's fucking COOL!

I've always thought of Clay as "so uncool, he's cool." How exactly does that happen? Well, to me, it's because he's secure in who he is. He's not afraid to show the dorky side, he's not afraid to show his caring side, he's not afraid to show his sexy side. And he's a person who has all those sides, plus more.

People who are traditionally considered "cool" are people that, to me, are play acting. They're trying to fit in. I've never seen Clay in this light at all. He's himself, take him or leave him, and damn the torpedoes. Those who get it -- like us -- revel in his own brand of coolness. The rest? Ah, forget about 'em. All that really matters to me is that I love Clay Aiken.

djs, they all look like cats. Are you trying to fool us? :wordpooper:

I also think Clay realizes that he is not going to appeal to the youngest and/or coolest demographic. Christmas can be uncool and everyone will buy. I'm another who thinks he will either do a tour or cd along with the book. He may, in fact, do all three. Personally, I think he is cool by doing what he likes no matter what critics say. But then again no one pays to hear my opinion.

It was in the nineties here and humid but fortunately we are painting indoors with air conditioning. I;ve been watching my weight too keepingfaith, but so far I'm happy with watermelon.

I don't know why so many people think Clay doesn't have young fans (including himself) I myself know lots of Clay fans who are preteens, teenagers and college students.

I've always thought of Clay as "so uncool, he's cool." How exactly does that happen? Well, to me, it's because he's secure in who he is. He's not afraid to show the dorky side, he's not afraid to show his caring side, he's not afraid to show his sexy side. And he's a person who has all those sides, plus more.

People who are traditionally considered "cool" are people that, to me, are play acting. They're trying to fit in. I've never seen Clay in this light at all. He's himself, take him or leave him, and damn the torpedoes. Those who get it -- like us -- revel in his own brand of coolness. The rest? Ah, forget about 'em. All that really matters to me is that I love Clay Aiken.

One of the college girls last year said that about Clay. She was going to make him a t-shirt that said

The new cool is the uncool

Maybe Clay will be one of those artists like Neil Diamond who sells some many cd's yet no one likes him!

Pfft, cool or uncool, Clay's Clay and that's just fab. I mean, the way I think of it, all the "cool" people blend together. So what if he's uncool? Just means he's marching to the beat of his own drum (or orchestra). I called one of my best friends "weird" today and we agreed that it was a compliment. So I just think of Clay being called "uncool" as really a compliment... means he's not a sheep doing what everybody else is, 'sall! :laugh2:

Also, I appear to have gone from clayzycoffin to layzycoffin and missed wishing Couchie and Ansa HAPPY BIRTHDAYs!! This must be fixed! Happy (belated) Birthday, Couchie and Ansa!!! :BlowKiss:

I found this old post about the hamster song

Found it at the clack house. supposingly he wrote it 'cause the hamster had advanced cancer and he wanted to make his friend laugh

Quote:

"I have a big prostate and I cannot lie, you other gerbils can't deny, and when you see a hamster with an itty bitty waist and a big prostate you get....jealous!"