#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Is it night? Day? I have no idea. I am welded to my work computer and will never be able to break free. I have enough work for about a year (only it all needs to be done immediately). So today my boss strolls in and asks me if I have much to work on right now because he wants to put another couple of giant projects on my plate!!! HELP!!!! Someone get me out of here!!!

This past weekend the CH decided to revisit the Pala cellcert. It was fun to follow-along in the thread, although my connection to their stream seems to be broken. They lifted their ban on image files for the evening, so I went to my files to post a couple of pictures. I had great seats at Pala and took 4 SD cards worth of pictures. So how many had I edited? About 8. I am deeply ashamed.

So I edited this one in FCA's honor, because he's so darn CUTE!!!!

570854547_vZ6rt-M.jpg

My motto is....when things are slow....post a picture.

It only took me 2 years to edit 9 pictures from that show. Maybe I should try to speed it up a little. :cryingwlaughter:

because he's so darn CUTE!!!!

Who knew?

It is hot here...darn hot and I spent 45 minutes in the car for a part of my commute that normally takes 4 minutes! Oh no no wreck just a red blinking light!!! aarrgghh!

He makes me look so short!!!

:lol: ......not sayin' it!!

Maybe it's that I make him look tall............ :cryingwlaughter:

Y'see, there you go! :)

A certain someone has five days off before he goes to Russia so maybe Clay will be heading to Europe for a while.

...or perhaps a certain someone will fly to NYC for a bit!

All you people complaining about the heat....watch out or I'll come visit you!! Ever since I arrived here it's been 60 above and raining continuously...five days and counting....:(

The weather person says that by the end of the week the heat index should be 110! Yep it's hot! We have voluntary water rationing because it hasn't rained....hmm I wonder where all the rain is?

FromClaygary, get thee back to Ontario! We are having a heat wave.....expected humidex in the 30s C (90s F) all this week, until Saturday when it breaks. I finally caved and turned on the A/C. More for the dog & kids than me, cuz I love the heat.

Hey, anyone planning on attending the Toronto Pride parade next Sunday? If so, send me a PM. I'm going to drive in for it and meet up with my daughter and her friends, but I'd love company!

It's pretty quiet around here, but {{{hugs}}} to all who are checking in. :thbighug-1: I like to hear what everyone's up to this summer. Lots of fun stuff going on!

Since I posted the other son's pic I figure I'd better post this one too. This is Ian, who just graduated from Police Foundations at community college, and will be going on to university this Sept to study Criminology. He makes me look so short!!!

th_DSC03562.jpg

Congrats to you and your sons! What great accomplishments for both of them, and for you, too! Sounds like it's a year of transitions.

The weather person says that by the end of the week the heat index should be 110! Yep it's hot! We have voluntary water rationing because it hasn't rained....hmm I wonder where all the rain is?

In Clear Lake! It rained buckets all of a sudden this afternoon. Totally destroyed my crape myrtle tree which was completely covered with white blooms. The weight of the water on the huge flower clusters broke the limbs. "Bummer, now it looks weird. The rain was good though since it had not rained for over 30 days. It rained hard for almost two hours.

It's pretty quiet around here, but {{{hugs}}} to all who are checking in. :thbighug-1: I like to hear what everyone's up to this summer. Lots of fun stuff going on!

Since I posted the other son's pic I figure I'd better post this one too. This is Ian, who just graduated from Police Foundations at community college, and will be going on to university this Sept to study Criminology. He makes me look so short!!!

th_DSC03562.jpg

Congratulations on both your son's accomplishments.

Congrats to you & your son, luckiest! :clap:

Congratulations, luckiest!

Here in the midwest, we are expecting a heat index over 100 and our AC is broken! It's been such a cold spring that I didn't even think of checking the system before we needed it. I called HVAC company four times today, and plan on calling even more tomorrow. Opening the refrigerator is now a real treat *g*.

ARGH!

2 computers. My desktop keep shutting off after 10 minutes with no warning. I don't know if it's a virus or it's overheating. And now my wireless connection for my lap top just up and quit. Either my adapter died or something happened with the software which is who knows where after 2 years. So I had to hook up my DSL 2wire modem just to my laptop so I can freakin' work. ARGH.

But on the good news front...YAY STORM. We (ha ha) kicked ass today. They stopped the game after the 4th inning because the Storm had a 10 point lead! OMG - one more game and they are the division double A champs. After the game, the entire team and all the families descended on In and Out Burger LOL. You should have seen those eyes bugging out behind the counter. They did great though.

What a day. So happy to be back online. Now I'm pooped.

Lucky -- congratulations. What an accomplishment for your son! I know you are a proud mom.

FromClaygary, get thee back to Ontario! We are having a heat wave.....expected humidex in the 30s C (90s F) all this week, until Saturday when it breaks. I finally caved and turned on the A/C. More for the dog & kids than me, cuz I love the heat.

Me tooooooooo!!.....and I bet you'll never, ever guess what day I'll be home......:( Forecast here is for 4 more days of ....you guessed it.....rain!

They're having a hee-YOOJ!! Bon Jovi concert here in Moncton on Sat night and I think they're getting a bit nervous, as it's outdoors. More than 100,000 expected. No wonder I had trouble getting reservations for my last night here! (This is a city of about 100, 000 normally)

:GM_FCA:

Jazzgirl Sorry to hear about your air conditioning; hope you can get some out to fix it quickly. Our AC at work was not working yesterday; they were working on it, so I hope it is fixed today.

117 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

GM_FCA[1].gif

Congratulations to you and your son on graduation day, luckiest1! :yahoo:

This thread reads like a weather channel, LOL! Those heat indexes in humid Houston sound pretty rough. :whistling-1:

Love the Pala pix, Perma! :clap:

Yesterday would have been my mother's 97th birthday, and I tied memories of her with the beautiful Orlando SRHP "I Want To Know What Love Is" harmonies. Mama Mac isn't going to draw a lot of traffic, but I thought I'd let you know about the latest Carolina On My Mind. My mother was a big fan and could sing harmony at the drop of a hat, just like Clay. :wub:

Have an awesome week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Clay's been doing the currently hip summer casual style for years. Shoot, he may be the primary trend setter for it.

CAiken051107_3.jpg

AmyClay.gif

ClayandParker.jpg

oi75dt.jpg

clay-aiken-bucket-hat-airport-02.jpg

clay_aikenNYC_080807.jpg

caiken14.jpg

270596397.jpg

ClayandAngela.jpg

Congrats to the luckiest family!!!!

Oh Lord, Houston is hotter'n a burning stump. Desertrose, you had RAIN yesterday? As the crow flies you can't be more than 4-5 miles from me and it's so dry here that the trees are whistling for dogs. A great day to go to the beach and sip those little pastel drinks with paper umbrellas, plastic swords and orange slices. It's a BOAT DRINKS DAY!!!

Maybe it's that I make him look tall............ :cryingwlaughter:

liney, you crack me up. My mom was here about a week ago, for a few days, and since there was nothing much else to do while we were all busy with school and work, she did every bit of laundry she could find in the house. I love it, because it catches me up (I find that laundry is never ending) but the kids hate it, becaues they run out of room to put the clean stuff, and she puts all the wrong stuff in everyone's room. :imgtongue:

luckiest... not a problem, since my DD only has one son... :cryingwlaughter: My DGS was thrilled, tho he was only interested in one of the 30 or so t-shirts I washed and put away. His first question was, "Gramma, did you find my blue Hurley???" I had no idea, but he found it in the stack and was so happy. I'm not sure he'll know how to do his laundry without climbing that pile that used to be on the floor in front of the washer dryer.

liney, I think it is gbmifan who does the major bike rides...

ldyj... opps, you're right... my bad.

gbm... sawwee!

Is it night? Day? I have no idea. I am welded to my work computer and will never be able to break free. I have enough work for about a year (only it all needs to be done immediately). So today my boss strolls in and asks me if I have much to work on right now because he wants to put another couple of giant projects on my plate!!! HELP!!!! Someone get me out of here!!!

This past weekend the CH decided to revisit the Pala cellcert. It was fun to follow-along in the thread, although my connection to their stream seems to be broken. They lifted their ban on image files for the evening, so I went to my files to post a couple of pictures. I had great seats at Pala and took 4 SD cards worth of pictures. So how many had I edited? About 8. I am deeply ashamed.

So I edited this one in FCA's honor, because he's so darn CUTE!!!!

570854547_vZ6rt-M.jpg

My motto is....when things are slow....post a picture.

It only took me 2 years to edit 9 pictures from that show. Maybe I should try to speed it up a little. :cryingwlaughter:

Perma... for pete's sake, woman... don't kill yourself! I kinda like having you around and would miss you terribly! That's a verra verra niiiice picture!!! CUTE!!!

Well, I went to my DD's house to eat/let the dog out. Somewhere between 1:30pm and 6pm, the water pipes to the front sprinklers sprung a massive leak and the neighbor came over and turned the water off. Unfortunately, there is not a separate turn-off valve to the sprinklers, so it turns the water off to the whole house.

Welcome home, DD and DDS... by the way... you have no water to the house. You can shower and fill water bottles at my place till you can get it fixed. Hope you had a nice trip! Argh! :cryingwlaughter:

ooh that pic with Ang is one of my all time favorites. He looks so yummy there.

Doesn't he though!!?? I LOVE that look!...and Ang looks like that cat that swallowed the canary :lol: in a manner of speaking.

Hey FromClaygary, according to The Weather Network this warm weather is now supposed to continue right into next week for you! :)

Eeeeeeee-HAH!!! Working on Day 6 of rain here in Bathurst. I just looked down and my feet are webbing!

Mobile Bay itself turned out to be very pleasant and it's not as hot in the Gulf as it is inland. There was a nice breeze today. And the people who work in and around town are some of the friendliest around. I'm just worried that some of the work I'm doing will result in several of them losing their jobs, and many are close to retirement. I wish there were a better way.

Couchie, yay for your nephew!!! And best of luck on the final game!!!

jazzgirl and aikim, I hope you get your AC back soon!!!

Heading out to supper soon... the food has been quite good!

Keepingfaith, thanks for the nice pictures! No one can make those clothes looks better!

Since it's a slow night let me explain just how friendly people are over here.

While driving back, Scarlett's companion thinks of buying a case of bottled water.

Scarlet opines: Well... that makes sense since the hotel vending machine charges over a dollar each. A case of them would cost less than $5.

Scarlett's companion starts watching for store names while driving.

Scarlett's companion: Winn-Dixie? Is that a grocery store?

Scarlett: *refrains from rolling her eyes (well ok, maybe they don't have them in Indiana)* Yes, it is.

Scarlett's companion pulls over, walks into the store, grabs a case of bottled water and goes to the checkout counter.

Cashier looks at him and asks him for his Winn-Dixie card.

[Notice that she doesn't ask him if he has one. She just assumes it exists. Maybe it had something to do with the cargo shorts, plaid shirt (blue this time)

and flipflops]

Scarlett's companion explains that he doesn't have a Winn-Dixie card.

Cashier is unfazed. She explains the she just needs a phone number, anyone's phone number.

Scarlett's companion patiently explains further that he's not from the area and he doesn't know anyone who lives here.

Cashier doesn't see that as an insurmountable problem. She starts asking people around her for a phone number of a valid Winn-Dixie cardholder. She punches them in and finally gets a correct one!

Scarlett's companion pays $4 for the case of bottled water and thanks her. Yay!

Scarlett, cute story about Winn-Dixie and I'm glad the heat wasn't too bad. In Chicagoland, the cashiers will swipe a generic Jewel preferred card if you show up without one.

Finally got the AC working. It only took two days and six phone calls. My "preferred customer" plan had expired, so I had to sign up for another $110 plan to get priority service and discounts. The house was 87 degrees and is finally down to 85 (and 85 with humidity controlled isn't that bad).