#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Finally got the AC working. It only took two days and six phone calls. My "preferred customer" plan had expired, so I had to sign up for another $110 plan to get priority service and discounts. The house was 87 degrees and is finally down to 85 (and 85 with humidity controlled isn't that bad).

ACK!!! :blink: I'm glad you finally got it fixed. I must beg to differ that 85 *in the house* isn't that bad, humidity or no! :ice-cube-or-cooled-emoticon:

hee Scarlett -- too funny! Those cards are funny -- I think they do it to make you think you are saving money. Wonder what would happen if they just priced things correctly to begin with. If I ever forget there is a recession going on I just go to the grocery store and then it slaps me in the face.

we don't need air conditioning much in the east bay -- today was one of those days that we did. The fans don't seem nearly good enough.

The only thing I'm worried about in my desk top computer - which we've deemed too old to get fixed LOL..is my itunes. I have to get it out of there somehow. The last time I tried to download everything from my ipod to a new itunes I lost EVERYTHING. I never did get it so good again. I miss all my special Clay play lists.

The funny part is that I was trying to remember which year I bought it. We couldn't remember if it was 2003 or 2004 -- then I remembered what was going on in Clay world at the time (hockeygate LOL) and I go 2003!! heee.

couchie, what you need to do is to burn your entire My Music folder off to a data disc (DVD). That way if the iPod doesn't sync with a new iTunes, you will still have all the music and can load it back in again.

I always keep a back up of my music. Just.in.case.

nevermind...you'd have to have already done that...so I'm no help....:cryingwlaughter:

However for those of you whose computers haven't crashed it's a good idea to back up your iTunes music library every so often. Go to iTunes, File, Back up to disc. Didn't lose anything in my computer crash. /PSA

Thanks for the itunes information. I didn't know that. I should spend some time cleaning up the computer and backing up data.

I had a busy day yesterday: working, getting a haircut, visiting a friend at her office, going to the gym and going out to eat, so I never spent more than a few seconds outside going from my car to various places. The best part of the day was in the morning when my scale went haywire and told me that I had lost ten pounds since the day before. :cryingwlaughter: Right!

The weather here is less humid although close to 90. I don't work today so it's back to cleaning and painting our rental house (we hope).

I'm sure that Clay is told to become invisible for periods of time before any announcements: to clear the air of nasty bloggers and his beloved haters and stalkers. I am anticipating some kind of news soon. Until then I really need to get a lot of things done.

Have a fantastic day today.

:GM_FCA:

Jazzgirl Glad to hear the AC is working! They are still working on ours at work; two out of the six fans are still not working and they have ordered fans, but it isn't too bad...the worst is the main part of the building...there is a wall of windows and when the sun is beating down, it can get a little warm...I am in a back room and it has been quite comfortable.

Speaking of work, we are having a cook-out for work and I am in charge of bringing hamburgers...I buy chuck roasts and grind my own hamburger meat...best hamburgers ever...I can't abide pre-packaged burgers. Grinding it yourself means you kow exactly what you are getting, no fillers.

116 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just popping in to say hi!

Last year my computer was a very bad machine and went and got some kind of a virus so I had to get a new one. I had an external hard drive that had all my Clack on it which I didn't want to attach to my new machine until I was sure that it was Ok. My DH said he would take it and clean it for me. Well he did...it is like new! Yeah really like new...no Clack!

Ah well I needed to tidy everything up anyway!

Did anyone mention that it is hot here? Yep darn hot! My electric bill does not bear thinking about.

Has anyone seen a certain red haired singer? He appears to be MIA!

Just popping in to say hi!

Last year my computer was a very bad machine and went and got some kind of a virus so I had to get a new one. I had an external hard drive that had all my Clack on it which I didn't want to attach to my new machine until I was sure that it was Ok. My DH said he would take it and clean it for me. Well he did...it is like new! Yeah really like new...no Clack!

Ah well I needed to tidy everything up anyway!

Did anyone mention that it is hot here? Yep darn hot! My electric bill does not bear thinking about.

Has anyone seen a certain red haired singer? He appears to be MIA!

Hi! I haven't seen him much lately but I hear him singing over and over "The Blood will never lose its power" right here on this side of the planet (in my headset). Well, I just logged in to say goodbye to each and all of you; you have been really nice to me. If you care to know why, you may read my updated profile and 'About Me' page. Thanks and goodbye again.

beryl, there are no words. I definitely live in a different world than you do as do all of my friends. Good luck to you in whatever your endeavors may be.

I will always respect and admire Clay for the man and humanitarian he is. His private life is none of my business as is mine to anyone else. YMMV

beryl, I may not agree or even understand your views but I respect your right to own them. But Clay Aiken is so much more than his sexual orientation. MUCH MORE and I'm sure you know that. I think Clay is all about LOVE! Love in many ways, and ways this world needs badly. Love and inclusion, acceptance. The sex is something some fans have focused on, I myself being a HUGE contributor. I apologize if anything I have said has offended you. But it's not Clay who purports this image, it is many of us, certainly not all or even the majority of fans are like this. But we all have one thing in common and that's our adoration of his voice....in all forms!

He is a role model for many IMO and one I am proud to support. If only we can look beyond, into the eyes, the soul of the man and what he has accomplished with that voice and his heart thus far.

Wishing you the very best!

I'M PROUD TO BE A CLAY FAN

My beautiful man (from the GLAAD awards) -

And a nice collage I found but can't remember who posted it (sorry)

beryl, I cannot even begin to understand your position as it does not reflect my core Christian values in any way. However, you are, of course, free to do as you wish, especially in regards to participation on a fan message board. I hope you are never judged as harshly as you judge Clay and members here.

I am proud to be a fan of Clay Aiken, a singer and a really good man.

caiken14.jpg

Goood Baby Brush at CH posted:

I think it's okay to say we *should* hear something more definitive on the book front this week.

Since I believe she has publishing contacts, I'm going assume she's heard something concrete. Fingers crossed.

Beryl I am so sorry you feel the way you do. I learned a long time ago, when my BIL was diagnost with AIDS, and was afraid to even tell his mother, how hard life can be for a gay person. My BIL was the most wonderful human being there was and yet fear let him not be himself. When he past away his mother still could not accept the fact that he was gay, and I still believe till she died 20 years later, would not talk about it. To me that was so sad, because I would of given anything to have this wonderful man still here. I could care less about his sex life. I loved the person. Clay is another human being who is wonderful, smart, and caring. I have never heard him say a negative statement about another human being(except for the singing of ring of fire, and we will not go there). My feeling is if you can not love him for who he is then I guess it is better to leave. I will always love the man.

Just wanted to say that I understand this fan who is leaving, as I too have a similur background but loving clay as he is has opened my mind to many new things. It's not the only part of him. He is a wonderful human being. I had some difficulties and my family gives sometime a hard time because of this but I told them what goes on in Clay's private is none of our business, and I also told them if one of them told me he or she was gay, I would still love them and accept them as they are. I have a young nephew who came out a few years ago, he's the same age as my son and I had some difficulties with this but since I've accepted clay as he is, it's the same for my nephew and I just love him more now. Maybe some folks would not understand that I had some difficulties but people must understand what we are taught and how we can change our views and beliefs.

Howdy, y'all. I'm so behind, but I wanted to drop in and say hello to everybody. Shuttle is about to come get me so I can ransom my car from the repair shop. I'm trying to be grateful, at this point, that the cost is below $2000 and not above. After two and a half days without a vehicle, my kids and I have been going stir-crazy. Anyway...figured my friends here could relate to the groan-inducing joys of the unexpected summer expense, since I see we had some A/C problems and other stuff going on here. (((HUGS))) to all with the throbbing pocketbooks and may all our 'things' stay together, running perfectly, for a while for all of us! :)

Topic? Love that Clay Aiken guy. That's about all I can muster at the moment. heh

I suppose it goes without saying that this is just my opinion. So-called Christianity without love and tolerance and realizing "there but by fortune go us all," has ceased to be Christian and needs to stop using the name in vain. I left the evangelical church many years ago over an idolatry issue -- a congregation idolizing a "pastor" who called himself "The Colonel" and ruled like Il Duce. If you didn't agree with him, you were going against God's Law -- and there was always a scripture to be interpreted via various convolutions to prove it. I abhor the Taliban mentality of all fundamentalism. Whether practiced by Christians, Muslims or Jews, fundamentalism is dark, dangerous and ugly, and historically has been the gateway to bigotry and violence. Fortunately, lights do flicker on and people have been known to wake up and walk away from the strict dogmas that stress the abolition of sin and the adoration of piety. I came out of it. I believe everyone will eventually -- in one lifetime or another! I mean, nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

:thbighug-1: preden

Clay is a teacher.

A hawt teacher :lilredani:

Thanks treenuts, appreciate the hug.

:thbighug-1: preden

Clay is a teacher.

A hawt teacher :lilredani:

Thanks treenuts, appreciate the hug.

Clay has brought so much to my life, got me doing things that I never thought I would have done before, going to NYC and now planning trip to raleigh if I get a ticket.

Just wanted to say that I understand this fan who is leaving, as I too have a similur background but loving clay as he is has opened my mind to many new things. It's not the only part of him. He is a wonderful human being. I had some difficulties and my family gives sometime a hard time because of this but I told them what goes on in Clay's private is none of our business, and I also told them if one of them told me he or she was gay, I would still love them and accept them as they are. I have a young nephew who came out a few years ago, he's the same age as my son and I had some difficulties with this but since I've accepted clay as he is, it's the same for my nephew and I just love him more now. Maybe some folks would not understand that I had some difficulties but people must understand what we are taught and how we can change our views and beliefs.

I've always believed Clay was being used for more than just entertaining us. I said it before and again when Clay came out. Your post proves that point, preden. :hug:

My Christianity is not about judging someone's way of life and praying that they'll be "fixed". We're all human, and therefore imperfect. God loves us all anyway.

Regarding families, non-traditional certainly doesn't mean non-Christian, non-healthy or non-loving.

Wow. I find it so sad that you can't see the beauty of all types of families, not just the ones that fit your criteria. I won't even get into how much some of your words offended me. Bye.

luckiest, I'll just word your post and then let it go because I don't want to make an effort to try to convince someone who has not only a closed mind, but also wants to blame Clay for a decision that she alone made.