#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

We all are taught things as children; by our parents, our teachers, our church...but then as we grow and experience life; it is natural that we start to question ideas and theology; examine our own feelings and reactions. To never question; to just accept is to become stagnent and closed off...we have these wonderful brains with which to feel and learn and educate ourselves...to me it is a disservice to not use them.

This is awesome, Kim. :clap:

The thoughts I've been reading tonight in response to Beryl's post, are terrific. Lots of really intelligent, compassionate people at FCA.....with a lot of humour,a pinch of smut and a dash of snark. What a wonderful concoction !!!! :lilredani:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I love this board.

I love the sexy singer man, the hawt humanitarian, the best selling author, the media magnet more today than ever !!! I can't wait for what comes next in his career ! I have so much respect for him, he is amazing !

All y'all are (as usual) much kinder and more open-minded than I. The only words that come to mind when I read pathetic board suicides heartfelt goodbyes are 'don't let the door hit ya'. Or more honestly, 'F.O.A.D'.

*shrug*

Sure do love that Aiken dude though. Hope he comes back to play soon!

00lsee, yikes about the car troubles!

<snip> My Christianity is not about judging someone's way of life and praying that they'll be "fixed". We're all human, and therefore imperfect. God loves us all anyway.

Regarding families, non-traditional certainly doesn't mean non-Christian, non-healthy or non-loving

:yeahthat:

I've always liked this:

Surprise in Heaven

Anonymous

I dreamt death came the other night

And Heaven’s gate swung wide.

An angel with a halo bright

Ushered me inside.

And there! To my astonishment

Stood folks I’d judged and labeled

As “quite unfit”, “of little worth”,

And “spiritually disabled”.

Indignant words rose to my lips

But never were set free,

For every face showed stunned surprise --

Not one expected me!

I love that Clay Aiken dude too and hope we hear from him this week. I've done cleaned my house and I'm if we don't hear from him soon, I may have to tackle my unfinished household projects and I don't wanna.

I loved those pics that merrieee posted but can someone make them smaller for me. I want to download them but when I open them, I can only see pieces of Clay. They are so gorgeous.

As a non-Christian, I really love the open-mindedness of this Clay board. It's much easier to be a Clay fan here, than at some more "religious" boards. I also love the smut, snark, and fun here!

I did not read the "goodbye", but I find it offensive(to Clay or anyone else) to use religion to reject someone, without trying to open their minds(just a little), to other ways of life, and points of view. Doing some critical thinking is good for everyone. In my religion, homosexuality is not even addressed, we just know that life is constantly changing, and that whatever we do, reflects

back on us.

ETA: Wow, gorgeous pics of Clay!

Thanks kf. That works much better. And I'm obsessed with his feet. Hated feet before Clay but he's made a changed woman out of me. Drove me crazy that there weren't more pictures of his bare feet at the Frisco show when there was a perfect opportunity. I think JustJared must realize that several Clay fans have this obsession since they took pictures of his feet at the airport. I thought that was funny.

I don't think anyone who knows me even slightly has any doubt where I stand on this issue, so I won't belabor the point.

Scarlett, I agree.

Preden, keep on learning....

luckiest1 :friends:

I will!! constantly learning everyday!

Loved the new old pics!!

All y'all are (as usual) much kinder and more open-minded than I.

Not me.

Proud to be an unforgiving bitch.

All y'all are (as usual) much kinder and more open-minded than I.

Not me.

Proud to be an unforgiving bitch.

LOL

I thought something actually interesting with Clay had happened. But no..nothing as interesting as THE STORM storming back at the bottom of the 6th inning..when they were down 5 to 1 - scoring 5 runs to win the district 4 championship. 5 RUNS in the inning!! I was already formulating my "you gave it all you had" speech. Whoo hooo. That was amazing. And little league picked up the celebration party. It doesn't get any better tha that.

Clay is just as amazing!

If I drank I would raise a glass to all you open minded people! :11:

I love Clay Aiken. He's a good man!

I don't post much, but just wanted to say that the part I bolded says it all. Clay Aiken is a good man and when all is said and done, that is all that matters.

(that and I have to tell keepingfaith that No One Expects the Spanish Inquisition made me chuckle)

ETA: I guess I don't post much is quite an understatement!!!

Nice to see you and a lot of people who don't post often speak up today. And :word: to all. Clay the man, yo!

Wahoo for couchienephew's team, and congrats to luckiest and no1 son on his graduation.

Good Morning Everyone,

114 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

My Christianity is not about judging someone's way of life and praying that they'll be "fixed". We're all human, and therefore imperfect. God loves us all anyway.

Regarding families, non-traditional certainly doesn't mean non-Christian, non-healthy or non-loving.

I'm a Christian, too, and agree with you 100%!! To me, Christianity is all about love and grace.

Can we talk about certain politicians who feel a need to protect the sanctity of marriage from "those gay people"? IMO they would be better served by protecting the sanctity of their own marriages. You want to defend traditional marriage? Try keeping your pecker in your own marriage and stop lecturing everyone else.

Yes, yes, yes! Exactly what I've been thinking lately! *high-fives jamar*

And thanks for posting the recently discovered vintage pics of Clay. YUMMY! My fave is the one in bare feet.

The "new old" pictures -- I'm pretty sure I've had those in my photobucket account for at least a few years now. Maybe not in this new, larger size? Of course, it's always nice to see them again...

As for what transpired here yesterday...you know, I'm kind of at "whatever" about it all. The timing feels off for the entire thing, and I too am another Christian who rails against the Evangelical movement, especially when I feel that homosexuality is NOT a choice. Having said that, I feel no need to get bitchy at these people, because I think that's exactly what they want in return -- an argument. Better to ignore, IMO.

I'm happy we'll be finding out more about the book this week!

Ok so I joined Twitter...Hi ldyjocelyn....and I am not sure what i am doing! (No comments please) How do you get Tweets about Clay? If someone who follows me tweets does everyone who tweets see the tweet? Try saying that fast!

4 days off from work! Planning a family outing to the Biodome, Insecterium, and Botanical gardens of Montreal on Saturday, rain is predicted, hope the weather people are wrong.

he's made a changed woman out of me

This potential thread title is OFF THE HOOK!!!

Yesterday .... not great for holier-than-thou hypocrisy, was it?

ETA: merrieeee, I believe you have to download TweetDeck (you can find it in a google search), and then designate "Clay Aiken" or anyone/anything else as a Search object. You'll hear "tweets" when new info pops up.

I think I have experienced enough hatred in the last 10 months to last me a lifetime. It has been a real eye opener for sure. I often think about what Clay wrote in LTS... that Vernon's behavior showed him what he DIDN'T ever want to be. That is how I feel when I think about people who have judged, criticized and shunned Clay. They have shown me what I don't ever want to be. And in the end, I think I have gained far more than I have lost. I think Clay has too.

These are from the Cary concert of the SHRP Tour:

183793968-M.jpg

183794648-M.jpg

183794691-M.jpg

Wow!! Hot!!!!

Thanks kf. That works much better. And I'm obsessed with his feet. Hated feet before Clay but he's made a changed woman out of me. Drove me crazy that there weren't more pictures of his bare feet at the Frisco show when there was a perfect opportunity. I think JustJared must realize that several Clay fans have this obsession since they took pictures of his feet at the airport. I thought that was funny.

LOL!!!

Ok so I joined Twitter...Hi ldyjocelyn....and I am not sure what i am doing! (No comments please) How do you get Tweets about Clay? If someone who follows me tweets does everyone who tweets see the tweet? Try saying that fast!

Is anyone else hearing birds? :cryingwlaughter:

We are expecting some nasty storms across southern Ontario this afternoon...everyone batten down the hatches and take care out there!

Don't know why that lady joined when she no longer like Clay, I mean If i need to commit board suicide, I wouldn't announce it on the board.

Yeah, I turned into a cynic because things these days make me cynical.

And please do not throw tomatoes, but there are some fan from 03 and 04 that I have seen on message boards ,( probably from the hardcore evangelical religious type fans who probably left after he came out or got offended and left the fandom when they saw WDC in 2004) where fans put him on a pedestal and expect him to act like they want him to act. And when he gets off the the pedestal they bash the heck out of him. I mean why, the darn guy is a human being.