#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Has anyone seen my stapler? I miss my stapler....

Welcome SueReu and Claysmelody!

I've been off this weekend...having a life. 6 mile bike ride yesterday (before it got hot), plus a hair cut, and then watched the movie "Milk" (fantastic film, Sean Penn deserved that Oscar, I feel). Today -- gorgeous day so my husband and I finally found the local Frisbee Golf Course. Loads of fun, but now I'm BEAT!

Ooooh, time to put the chicken on the grill...

It is a nice day today. Yesterday we went out for a bike ride to try out some new gearing. We only went about 40miles but the hills seem to be easier with the set up. Hopefully when we go on our next tour in July the big hills will at least not feel like I am going to vomit by the time we get to the top. You can only hyperventilate so long!

Today this am it looked like it was going to rain so we did not ride. We needed some exercise so we just got back from a 4 mile walk. The wind would of been wicked to bike in. It is around 30 mile per hour gusts.

I wish Clay would come out and play. Miss him.

Had lunch and a small shopping trip with MiniScarlett today to get her all set up for her 3-week overseas trip later this week. She's all set with her international data plan and overseas text plan, knows exactly what she can do and has reset her usage so that she can easily see where she's at on her limits (50 MB of data transfers and 100 text messages). Some tips for travellers: keep data roaming off except when you're actually using it, use wi-fi when you can and turn off "auto-check e-mail".

Also, took care of other phone items this morning and finally got that answertone I always wanted but had been having problems purchasing. Yay!

Just curious... to everyone else who's using a cell phone here:

Do you use a ringtone or answertone and would you share what they are (name of song/artist or words&speaker)?

I think it's a weird accounting debits-and-credits thing, but I get a certain satisfaction when things to match up and balance out.

Fortunately, Clay and Reed provide some good material to work with.

Attitude to spare.

th_TimeMic2.jpg th_post_7217_1240624493.jpg

Demonstrating some smooth moves onstage

th_angelalegwrap.jpg th_vlcsnap-23846.png

Boxed set

th_sleepclay.jpg th_n512632705_1379070_5780144.jpg

Cuddled up with the beautiful backup singers

th_ViewBackstage.jpg th_Reedbackups.jpg

Do you use a ringtone or answertone and would you share what they are (name of song/artist or words&speaker)?

I don't have an answer tone. I have a ring tone for calls and one for texts (I do have other songs on my phone that I can switch to) Right now calls are 'Falling' and texts are EIDN. I never had a cell phone with ring tones before Clay SO all of my songs are Clay. I have DSIAFCD for Christmas and I have Sorry, WYSYLM and WY.

I don't have an answer tone. I have a ring tone for calls and one for texts (I do have other songs on my phone that I can switch to) Right now calls are 'Falling' and texts are EIDN. I never had a cell phone with ring tones before Clay SO all of my songs are Clay. I have DSIAFCD for Christmas and I have Sorry, WYSYLM and WY.

Thanks! To answer my own question, my ringtone is the one he sent all the fans last year, "I'm sure you all recognize this voice...you must pick up this phone right now." while my new answertone is the "we're busy...hold on" one I fussed about last night.

Thanks! To answer my own question, my ringtone is the one he sent all the fans last year, "I'm sure you all recognize this voice...you must pick up this phone right now." while my new answertone is the "we're busy...hold on" one I fussed about last night.

You know I remember that ringtone, I'm not sure that I can use any ringtones that are not availalbe from my cell phone company, the ones I have I had to purchase from them.

Ha I know I don't have to tell Scarlett my answer tone...It's Right Here Waiting For You and my call tone varies from On My Way Here to BOTW to The Real Me depending on whether it is text/call/voicemail! I have Sprint.

It was hot here again today. I went shopping but I gave up and came home. I love air conditioning and pools....makes summer worthwhile!

Scarlett, My DD called me from Rome today. She knows to talk fast because of the cost of calls from a cell phone! She said shepherding 6 17 year old girls around Europe is like herding cats...too many hot looking men! She said she was blessed by the Pope today and even thought we are not Catholic (or religious) she said it felt kind of special. In the middle of that conversation I heard one of the girls say look at that cute Italian guy and she said "Gotta Go" and ended the call pretty quick! Hee!

Now where is our cute guy?

My carrier for this phone is AT&T. Which do you use?

Mine is Canadian (Rogers, which has some affiliation or did with AT&T BUT they are pretty restrictive in what I can use, unless I have missed something) It was quite a while before we had realtone ringtones for Clay. I was just thrilled that we finally got them.

Heh heh. I have Invisible as my ringtone. I don't know what an answertone is... And my phone won't let me customize the text tones. :( I have an LG 600G tracfone, so that probably is why. The ringtone quality is pretty craptastic but, hey, it's better than the preloaded ones. I'd like to add ALAWH or FIEKY but I'm not computer savvy so it takes me a long time. Plus, I don't have my computer anymore, so that's hard...

It's funny. Whenever my phone goes off around my friends they give me these looks. One time one of them went, "That's so embarrassing!" and my response was "It ain't your ringtone!" Of course, that's actually why I picked Invisible. I knew that one would bug them the most. :cryingwlaughter: Tee hee hee.

Hi all, we sure did need those umbrellas today in Toronto but thankfully the rain subsided literally a minute or two before the parade reached us. It was amazing, the clouds just parted and the sun started to shine as the parade rounded the corner. :) It was great, quite a crowd for what started out as a dismal day. I took tons of pictures (wore out the batteries on two different cameras) but unfortunately had no more battery options when the naked Elvis and the Bear float went by. Hee, you probably don't wanna know. :cryingwlaughter: Anyways, we had a blast, took a quick tour of Church St. to find the bar where they filmed some of the outside shots for Queer As Folk, and then got out of the gay village pretty quickly as there were thousands upon thousands of people crammed into the streets (which were all closed to traffic). We found a bar and grill on Yonge St and had a drink and some dinner before hitting the highway home again.

It was a cool parade, and probably the longest one I've ever witnessed. It went on for about 2 and a half hours. What a wide variety of floats and representation! Everything from the naked men's club (don't remember what they called themselves but the signs they held showed a pair of underpants with a red circle and line through them :hysterical: ) to the Anglican church, and everything in between. Lots of families and kids represented too, which was great to see. A lot of different ethnic representation as well, and lots of local companies, banks, etc. I think I'll be heading back down again next year. We also have a local Pride Parade in July, but I'm sure it will seem a bit hokey compared to Toronto's! ;)

It is a nice day today. Yesterday we went out for a bike ride to try out some new gearing. We only went about 40miles

Hee, you amaze me. Only 40? Wow, I wish I could do 4. :whistling-1:

Ringtones - I used to have OMWH and Sacrificial Love and Everything I Don't Need, until I got this new (to me) Blackberry. I was not successful in switching the tones over, even though they were legitimately paid for and everything, and I haven't investigated making my own. I am planning to upgrade in the next few weeks anyways and once I do I will get everything back to normal.

Ha I know I don't have to tell Scarlett my answer tone...It's Right Here Waiting For You and my call tone varies from On My Way Here to BOTW to The Real Me depending on whether it is text/call/voicemail! I have Sprint.

It was hot here again today. I went shopping but I gave up and came home. I love air conditioning and pools....makes summer worthwhile!

Scarlett, My DD called me from Rome today. She knows to talk fast because of the cost of calls from a cell phone! She said shepherding 6 17 year old girls around Europe is like herding cats...too many hot looking men! She said she was blessed by the Pope today and even thought we are not Catholic (or religious) she said it felt kind of special. In the middle of that conversation I heard one of the girls say look at that cute Italian guy and she said "Gotta Go" and ended the call pretty quick! Hee!

Now where is our cute guy?

merrieeee -- Like I'd ever forget your answertone -- Lol!

I'm not even going to talk to my DD while she's away; we're going to text -- 100 overseas text messages for $10 is reasonable. (if you don't sign up beforehand it's $50) And *sighs resignedly* I'll have to sign up on Tweeter to follow her notes and pictures.

clayzy, when my phone goes off during a meeting people look at the door instead of in their bags because it sounds like someone came in. Hee! No one has ever said, "That's embarassing" to me.

gg, I'm glad you have your ringtones now. Are those the main choices at Rogers or are there other songs that are available?

luckiest1, good to hear that the rain subsided after a while. Here in Houston, the problem is the heat which reached 104 sometime yesterday afternoon. Luckily we can have parades at night.

ETA: {{{liney}}} I hate losing trees that hold memories too. Back home, we lost several that I had known since I was little and it was so sad.

I think it's a weird accounting debits-and-credits thing, but I get a certain satisfaction when things to match up and balance out.

Fortunately, Clay and Reed provide some good material to work with.

Attitude to spare.

th_TimeMic2.jpg th_post_7217_1240624493.jpg

Demonstrating some smooth moves onstage

th_angelalegwrap.jpg th_vlcsnap-23846.png

Boxed set

th_sleepclay.jpg th_n512632705_1379070_5780144.jpg

Cuddled up with the beautiful backup singers

th_ViewBackstage.jpg th_Reedbackups.jpg

bottle... YUM!!! T.H.A.N.K.S!!!

luckiest... sounds like a great time! Congrats on the weather cooperating!

I had to do a sad thing today. The magnolia tree that has been in my front lawn since 1973, had to be cut down cause it was cracking my driveway/sidewalk and doing who knows what to my foundation. I had them cut me a slice of one of the limbs to save. It was 40 feet tall and the base was 4 feet around. My front lawn is only 15 ft square, so you can see why the tree didn't fit.

I hate it when trees are cut down, and to have to do it to one that my kids all climbed and my grandson has climbed made me cry... sigh!

Clay, I need you to cheer me up!

gg, I'm glad you have your ringtones now. Are those the main choices at Rogers or are there other songs that are available?

luckiest1, good to hear that the rain subsided after a while. Here in Houston, the problem is the heat which reached 104 sometime yesterday afternoon. Luckily we can have parades at night.

If you mean, do they have other Clay songs. I had to look and I was pleasantly surprised. They have many more than I knew or they had before. In addition to the ones I currently have - they have Ashes, OMWH, Touch, WOTW, Invisible, SL, ALAWH, WIDTL, MOAM, TW, TRM, SAU and for Christmas JTTW, MDYK, SR, SN, WW, OHN, TFN.

Oops. Also wanted to say glad you had a great time luckiest1.

Hi all, we sure did need those umbrellas today in Toronto but thankfully the rain subsided literally a minute or two before the parade reached us. It was amazing, the clouds just parted and the sun started to shine as the parade rounded the corner. :) It was great, quite a crowd for what started out as a dismal day. I took tons of pictures (wore out the batteries on two different cameras) but unfortunately had no more battery options when the naked Elvis and the Bear float went by. Hee, you probably don't wanna know. :cryingwlaughter: Anyways, we had a blast, took a quick tour of Church St. to find the bar where they filmed some of the outside shots for Queer As Folk, and then got out of the gay village pretty quickly as there were thousands upon thousands of people crammed into the streets (which were all closed to traffic). We found a bar and grill on Yonge St and had a drink and some dinner before hitting the highway home again.

It was a cool parade, and probably the longest one I've ever witnessed. It went on for about 2 and a half hours. What a wide variety of floats and representation! Everything from the naked men's club (don't remember what they called themselves but the signs they held showed a pair of underpants with a red circle and line through them :hysterical: ) to the Anglican church, and everything in between. Lots of families and kids represented too, which was great to see. A lot of different ethnic representation as well, and lots of local companies, banks, etc. I think I'll be heading back down again next year. We also have a local Pride Parade in July, but I'm sure it will seem a bit hokey compared to Toronto's! ;)

I went with luckiest1 and luckiestdaughter today - and what a great experience. I even managed to get hit on by a parade-er. Sadly, it was a considerably older errr... gentleman in a leather thong. Heh, maybe it was my Clay t-shirt that he was after. Hee!! It was so much fun though, and an all around great feeling to see the kind of community spirit on display. With only one exception (a lone guy with a sandwich board with an absurdly hateful message on it) it was a terrific day. I heard on the news just now that they estimate a million people there.

I had to do a sad thing today. The magnolia tree that has been in my front lawn since 1973, had to be cut down cause it was cracking my driveway/sidewalk and doing who knows what to my foundation. I had them cut me a slice of one of the limbs to save. It was 40 feet tall and the base was 4 feet around. My front lawn is only 15 ft square, so you can see why the tree didn't fit.

I hate it when trees are cut down, and to have to do it to one that my kids all climbed and my grandson has climbed made me cry... sigh!

AWWWW - how sad. {{{liney23}}}

Luckiest1--so glad you had fun at the parade! And cindilu and crimsonice too!!! confetti2-1.gif

Glad you enjoyed the parade today!

I have several ringtones to choose from, Without You, Measure of a Man, MDYK, the Way, Beyonce's If I were a Boy, Raiders of the lost Ark.

Going back to work after a 4 day weekend will be hard. Can't wait for vacation in August.

I have T-Mobile. My calltones are a random mix from OMWH -- EIDN, WIDTL, TRM, Falling, Ashes -- I think all of it is in the mix. merrieeee likes it so much I never answer on the first or second ring! I have a few others assigned to specific people for whom the songs fit -- Kashmir; Whipping Post; Bring It On Home; Rickie, Don't Lose That Number; Badge --

As to ringtones, I use music from Clay (at least a dozen from ATDW, MOAM and BOTW) to the Four Tops, Wilson Pickett, Stevie Wonder, Cream, Hendrix, Grateful Dead (**truckin'**) -- stuff I want to hear when the phone rings or that relate to the person calling. I like the random and really like to be surprised, but .... there's a relative who regularly calls and when she does, I prepare myself by hearing, "Take a load off Fanny, take a load for free, take a load off Fanny, and put the load, put the load, right on me." She always has a load.

And let me take this opportunity to say that I've been listening to a lot of different music lately, new music and stuff that has meant a lot to me for years, and then after about a week to ten days of this, I punched in OMWH on the changer in the car and was just blown away all over again. Clay made the comment last year before OMWH came out that he wasn't looking for songs to get played on the radio, but for songs that were right for him to sing. And while we all know that his music should be on the radio and is superior to what is played on the radio, I do get his attitude much better now. There are pop albums that came out a couple of years back that are dead, never to be interesting again except as nostalgia, if that. Dance-pop and hip-hop hits may have sold millions when they were hot, but the shelf life is short. OMWH is timeless. I believe that years from now when people go back to search out Clay's early music, they'll be blown away by OMWH. Everything about that album gets better with time. In so many ways, it wasn't a missed opportunity, or a fall through the cracks album, or anything but a true masterpiece that can be discovered and rediscovered for years and years. It is a class collection of songs with superb singing, rich emotions in his voice, first-class arrangements and sophisticated musicianship. Can you tell I love it?

Has anyone seen my stapler? I miss my stapler....

Welcome SueReu and Claysmelody!

I've been off this weekend...having a life. 6 mile bike ride yesterday (before it got hot), plus a hair cut, and then watched the movie "Milk" (fantastic film, Sean Penn deserved that Oscar, I feel). Today -- gorgeous day so my husband and I finally found the local Frisbee Golf Course. Loads of fun, but now I'm BEAT!

Ooooh, time to put the chicken on the grill...

impressive :)

It is a nice day today. Yesterday we went out for a bike ride to try out some new gearing. We only went about 40miles but the hills seem to be easier with the set up. Hopefully when we go on our next tour in July the big hills will at least not feel like I am going to vomit by the time we get to the top. You can only hyperventilate so long!

Today this am it looked like it was going to rain so we did not ride. We needed some exercise so we just got back from a 4 mile walk. The wind would of been wicked to bike in. It is around 30 mile per hour gusts.

I wish Clay would come out and play. Miss him.

looks like when Clay's away everyone gets all their exercise. some women from my work are starting a walking group on Monday nights. We all feel we need to do something & we can all be there to motivate each other.

Kind of a neat story people from the Extreme make over show came in the store I work in. they were shopping for about 5 hours! The bought over $13,000 worth of stuff. Of course this all happened on my day off. The people they are doing the maker over for have 13 children and are Suffield, CT. The episode is suppose to air sometime this fall.

looks like when Clay's away everyone gets all their exercise.

:lilredani: No form of the Clay diet has worked for me :hysterical:

This has been the suckiest weekend ever. I was tied to my computer and work thanks to all the extra curricular activities at the beginning of the week. I kept peeking in here to see what ya'll were up to. I wish I could have made it to the SF parade - unfortunately I want to eat. Hope you had a blast wandacleo!

LOL Cindilu... at the guy showing you some love!

KF -- I love it too!!