#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Is it true?!!! Yay!!!

And thanks for the answer post marker... :BlowKiss:

FromClaygary, there was some place where we had to send our cellphones last year. One of the first things we got was a ringtone download though I think a lot of people had some problem or other with saving it because you had to pick it up the first time you opened the message.

Thanks Scarlett, I must have been behind the door when that happened. SEND your cellphone? As in mail it somewhere? :huh: Sorry, I'm exceedingly tired after working 14 hrs last night/this morning, but I'm just not getting it.

PS meant to add....an "equal opportunity spreader"?? :hysterical: Only me that thinks that sounds kinda smutty??

Happy Birthday Fear

I've just caught up.....another interesting week here......

My SIL came from interstate for a visit, it was lovely catching up. Now the kids are on holidays and I have finally succumbed to the flu. (Not swine, thank goodness)

..Wish Clay would come and entertain us.....

ETA: Seems to me that some people blame Clay, or this board (which is all of us), when they idolise Clay as some kind of saint/saviour, then realise the error of

this or how it goes against their religon. There never seems to be sense of "Well I am obviously too obsessive about this". It's like how some people can't

ever stop at one or two drinks and others can take it or leave it.

Ooops sorry, FromClaygary, I meant cell phone number... (I was rushing off to read some answers so I just dashed that off. Could I at least get credit for stopping to respond before running off to the OFC? lol!) BTW, it didn't work for a lot of people, no matter where they lived. Actually, could we have a show of hands on how many were able to save the original ringtone?

HBD, Fear!!! Nice bike!!! (and nice present from the cute guy this pm. you should make everyday your birthday!)

--> wait, didn't you just have a birthday? Sorry, I don't think on "Answer Days".

:happybirthday02:

It probably didn't work for Canadians. Same old, same old.

Oh, you're probably right! I never even thought of that...probably wiped it out of my mind to ease the pain :lol: That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Ooops sorry, FromClaygary, I meant cell phone number... (I was rushing off to read some answers so I just dashed that off. Could I at least get credit for stopping to respond before running off to the OFC? lol!) BTW, it didn't work for a lot of people, no matter where they lived. Actually, could we have a show of hands on how many were able to save the original ringtone?

*smacksforehead* See, I'm so dense it didn't even occur to me it was a typo! :lol: Thanks again!

Thanks, kf. That makes 2 of us. I don't think there were many who got the direct download from the site.

BTW, I meant to post that there are more files in the Asheville folder (WY, ATD and SSTBTHW) but of course I completely forgot once we got this afternoon's news.

Well, since I'm on the west coast technically I still have over two hours so I've borrowed

this from liney 'cause it's too cute not to! :)

:bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Hope you've had a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FEAR

PS meant to add....an "equal opportunity spreader"?? Only me that thinks that sounds kinda smutty??

:hubbahubba: Certainly not!

Clay :naughtywag:

:GM_FCA:

109 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy belated Birthday FearOfH2O, I like the bike. My hubby saw that bike a few months ago and said he should get me it so I can do errands around town. My touring bike is not good for that kind of stuff.

I really enjoyed Clay's answers yesterday, wish he would of stuck around more. Yes, I agree, equal opportunity spreader, is smutty. Got to love him.

I posted this at CH this morning but wasn't sure if anyone here wanted to read about Slimon. Since it's quiet I'll share. WARNING: This may make you ill!! It did me :/

Show me the money!

Interesting, somewhat $hocking but not all together $uprising -

"ENORMOUS MONEY"

SIMON OFFERED $144 MIL A YEAR TO STAY ON 'IDOL'

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06302009/tv/en...oney_176757.htm

EARLY salary figures from Simon Cowell's "American Idol" contract negotiations are leaking out and they're eye-popping.

Cowell, who reportedly made $36 million last year for judging the hit competition show, has been offered three or four times that amount -- between $100 million and $144 million per year -- by co-producers Fox and 19 Entertainment to stick with "Idol" when his contract expires next May, according to The Guardian, a London newpaper.

tree's editorial - What a fucking waste of $$$!!!!

I posted this at CH this morning but wasn't sure if anyone here wanted to read about Slimon. Since it's quiet I'll share. WARNING: This may make you ill!! It did me :/

Show me the money!

Interesting, somewhat $hocking but not all together $uprising -

"ENORMOUS MONEY"

SIMON OFFERED $144 MIL A YEAR TO STAY ON 'IDOL'

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06302009/tv/en...oney_176757.htm

EARLY salary figures from Simon Cowell's "American Idol" contract negotiations are leaking out and they're eye-popping.

Cowell, who reportedly made $36 million last year for judging the hit competition show, has been offered three or four times that amount -- between $100 million and $144 million per year -- by co-producers Fox and 19 Entertainment to stick with "Idol" when his contract expires next May, according to The Guardian, a London newpaper.

tree's editorial - What a fucking waste of $$$!!!!

I wonder how many families and childeren that money could feed and house instead of going to him. :/

That doesn't make sense to me. $144 million a year? I remember reading that Idol was making around $75 million a year for 19E, so why would they pay Cowell double that? No comprende.

No idea what News Corporation (d/b/a Fox Broadcasting) is making -- but Rupert Murdoch doesn't throw money around like that, does he?

Unless Simon Cowell plans to start healing the sick and raising the dead, I don't get it!

Idol made $903 million in ad revenue for Fox, 19 made $96 million from Idol stuff.

So while yes, that is obscene, Fox figures that Simon is the big draw and feels viewership would go down without him, and that means less ad revenue.

American Idol is a Cash Cow

Advertising revenue, which primarily benefits Fox Broadcasting, has grown in each of the last three years, according to TNS Media Intelligence, to $903 million last year. That is nearly double the level of three years earlier. Those figures do not include Fox’s ancillary sponsorship deals and other income, like royalties it receives from the sale of music performances by “Idol” contestants.

Even though “American Idol’s” ratings have declined, Fox has put more hours of the show on the air and has been able to charge a higher rate as its ratings lead over other shows has grown.

The revenue and profits of 19 Entertainment have grown even more quickly, according to the financial statements of CKX. Its revenues from “American Idol” alone grew to $96 million last year from $67 million two years earlier, with gross profit margins expanding to 77 percent from 69 percent in that span.

Happy belated birthday, Fear!!!!!!

08c12e17-f0bc-4b97-a100-6151c5d8af35.jpg

and here is a happy hamster dance!!!!!

Happy Hamster Dance

soulsista, I'm with you on that. Just how much money does anyone need or want? I hope I don't offend any multimillionaires here.

Thanks for the continuing good wishes. Hopefully I will get my lemon ice cream tonight.

We went for a short bike ride before I left for work today. It's pretty hilly around here but it wasn't much work getting uphill with all the gears. I surpressed the urge to put my feet on the handlebars. Bad habits never die.

So did Clay show up today?

A belated Happy Birthday, Fear! Hope you got lots of toys and goodies, and cake and ice cream!

Somehow, I think that Idol is slowly sinking, and paying gazillions to Simon Cowell isn't going to make or break it. The thing Idol has going for it is the shared experience factor. Hearing so much during the past few days about the shared experience phenomena that is now gone, wherein families sat down as a unit in front of the TV and watched The Beatles on Ed Sullivan or Michael Jackson on Motown25. I thought, nope, that isn't completely gone -- there's still American Idol. At least the year I watched Clay on Idol, my parents watched, I watched, my kids watched, my grandchildren watched, my sister and my friends watched -- we may not have been in the same room, but we talked about it on the phone and discussed it at work, and at family get togethers. Idol is the one lingering television experience that appeals to all ages in mass numbers, but the numbers are trending down. I don't recall having, or overhearing, even one conversation at the office about Idol during the entire 8th season. I know one girl who has always been crazy about Idol and a fan of Daughtry and David Cook -- I asked her just a couple of weeks ago if she had watched Idol this season and she said, "Yeah, but it sucked. Every season at least one of them appeals to me eventually, but not this year." My view is that Idol has plateaued. It will continue on, unless there is something that happens to turn people off enmasse, but Simon or no Simon, it's trending down.

I watched something on PBS recently about the early days of television, and Arthur Godfrey's show was profiled. He had the No. 1 show in the country for a few years and was riding high, until he chewed someone out on camera and fired him on live TV. The audience was incensed, flooded the network with telegrams and letters, and stopped watching. When the ratings plummeted, Godfrey made a big deal over rehiring the fellow and making up, but it was too late and the show was cancelled in a matter of weeks. It could happen to Idol ... smugness and ego are part of Simon's calling card, but they're the things that could just as easily bring him down in the twinkling of an eye. Personally, I think he has a shelf life. He's become as repetitive and predictable as everything else on the show.

No answers today? (yes, we're spoiled!)

:GE_FCA:

*waves to gg* :hello:

:hello: Back atcha. Are you wondering why I'm not bugging you yet? Just got home from taking my aunt for a birthday dinner. She just turned 81 BUT she has decided to say she's 75 because it makes her feel younger. Gotta love her.

I know I am really late to the discussion about ringtones, so if this has already been resolved I do apologize. I think there was some discussion about the "Recognize This Voice" free voice ringtone that was part of that cell phone promo Clay used around the release of OMWH. Anyway, I have this ringtone saved on my laptop as a mp3 in case anyone was not able to put it on their phone or wants to keep it as part of their clack collection. Here is a sendspace:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jprwbu

Depending on your carrier you may be able to email it to your phone. I have Verizon and they are very lienant about allowing you to make your own ringtones to use on your phone so I don't buy ringtones I just make them myself and email to my phone. I can send them to myself using a pix/multimedia text. I also have free texting so I would be glad to text that ringtone to anyone who does not have it but I can't promise it will work. Some carriers will let the multimedia text thru and some will not. I have not tried it in a while but I had problems sending to a friend on Sprint. I used to have problems with All-Tel but now that they and Verizon are merging their bans seem to be lifted as I was able to text this ringtone to a friend of mine and she could save it as a ringtone on her phone.

If you want me to try texting it to you, just PM me your cell phone number and I will give it a shot. By the way if you do not already know your cell phone's multimedia email address, just create a text attaching a ringtone and put your email address in the To: field. When it arrives at your email you can see the return address for your cell phone. Once you have your cell email address you can email photos and ringtones to your phone. Or at least you can on Verizon. I have not personally tried other networks.