#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

If you have a little time today, here's something that I believe should be part of the test to determine if you're allowed to be a Clay fan ( :lol: )

It is in 6 parts on Youtube, the link is for Part 1, and the other parts will come up onscreen as you go through the series. Very, very interesting.

John Barrowman's research

....and here's a little something to go along with it.

186437655_M.jpg

:happybirthday01:muskifest!

And Happy Fourth of July

Hubby and I are supposed to go to a minor league baseball game later this afternoon -- but it's raining like crazy here. Hmmmm. Hope it works out...

If you have a little time today, here's something that I believe should be part of the test to determine if you're allowed to be a Clay fan ( :lol: )

It is in 6 parts on Youtube, the link is for Part 1, and the other parts will come up onscreen as you go through the series. Very, very interesting.

....and here's a little something to go along with it.

186437655_M.jpg

Just looked at the series, like you say, very, very interesting. Thanks for bringing it here.

Happy 4th of July to all our american friends!!!

Congrat Idyocelyn and Treenutson your bike riding. I remember when I first started riding those miles felt really hard and I was tired at the end. After many years I have my indurance up. My first bike tour was when I was 21. We did a four day tour at 325 miles, and I did it on a three speed bike over many hills. I finished but was surprised at myself that I wanted to do it again the following year. Now 36 years later I am still riding, and actually riding more than ever. We went out this morning and rode 40 miles with our new gearing and we can not decide if its the gears, the fact that we rode a couple of weeks ago for 5 days in a row, or that I lost 50#'s that make the bike ride easier. Whatever it is I like it. We are going this week on another 5 day tour. Most of the days are about 50 miles and the hills should be a little less steep then our last tour.

Wish Clay would come out and play before I leave on Tues. Whenever I am gone something always occurs.

Wish Clay would come out and play before I leave on Tues. Whenever I am gone something always occurs.

gbmifan, I'm somewhat ashamed to suggest this but ...could you leave already?!! Take one for the team! (just kidding!) :laught31:

Caro, :bighug:

Aw, what a neat blog. I am sure that his travels have made him realize (and many of his fans as well) that life could be so very different for any of us in America without our freedoms established so many years ago.

It was very nice to hear from him.

And see, gbmifan -- all you had to do was SUGGEST you were leaving town to get him to do something....LOL!

Funny how seeing those words "Clay blogged" gets my heart racing; such a sweet blog...hope he is having a big old NC barbecue at Casa Aiken and that Parker will be sitting on his daddy's lap watching his first fireworks!

Kim

Today's blog is public, so I'm bringing it over.

Let Freedom Ring!

Hi all.

I wanted to drop in and say Happy 4th to everyone. The weather in Raleigh is quite nice today. Hope wherever you are you;re able to enjoy the day and time with friends. In traveling for UNICEF these past four years, I've really been given a great opportunity to see first hand how fortunate we are in this country to have some of the rights we have. It makes celebrating the birth of our nation more poignant when I think about those in countries who don't have some of the basic freedoms that we take for granted. If you see a service man or woman today thank them for the role they play (or have played) in making sure that the dream and vision that our founding fathers had 233 years ago has stayed intact.

Hope your holiday is great. Talk soon. c

bluewhite.gif

:bounce: Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies. :onFire:

Yay, what a nice blog!!! He's right. No matter what we think of what we have now, we're very, very fortunate to be where we are.

Happy 4th to everyone!!!

And thank you, gbmifan, for enabling! *winks*

Yey, Guys thanks. Maybe some bigger news will happen this week. You never know!

Three weeks ago when I went on my other bike tour the twitter about the book deal came. I remember I was on a 10 day bike tour two years ago in April. Logged on to the computer at one of the few hotels we stayed at and discovered that he was going to be in Sterling Heights. I could not wait to get home to make sure my friend was free that week. I would love some surprise like that for the fall. I can dream can't I.

I would love some surprise like that for the fall. I can dream can't I.
Sure you can! And we'll dream right along with you.

BTW, wasn't it nice that he ended with 'Talk soon'? Just hope he's looked up the definition since the last time he used the word. :)

I shouldn't waste a page 69 post but I can't think of anything smutty right now. Maybe the birthday girl will swing by to help!

ETA: Off to try some barbeque. Have a nice day, y'all!

Today's blog is public, so I'm bringing it over.

bluewhite.gif

:bounce:Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies. :onFire:

Thread title!

Love our bloggin' boyfriend. Happy Fourth to all my American friends, and Happy Birthday to muskifest!

firework2.giffirework2.giffirework2.gif

Since it is so dreary here today; I have been watching movies on TCM. Just finished "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" with Jimmy Stewart...I can so see Clay doing movies like that...he has that same kind of small town charm as Jimmy.

Yankee Doodle Dandy is next...not the 4th of July unless I watch Jimmy Cagney as George M.!

Kim

:bounce: Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies. :onFire:

Ah, but I'm sure Clay's burnt weinies are delicious... And not just his burnt ones, either! :cryingwlaughter: Hee hee.

In related news, Happy Birthday, Muskifest!!!

So, I tried grilling my chicken today (PS, thanks for the tips) and it actually didn't turn out too badly. I use a charcoal grill so it's quite ineffecient for me to boil first and then grill, so I tried the indirect heat method, which worked OK. I feel dumb though--the chicken had been on the grill for almost an hour and a half but the thermometer wouldn't register over 140, and I was popping the legs out of the sockets and everything! While I was taking a break I happened to turn on the TV to a grilling show where the guy was grilling whole chickens and when he checked the temperature instead of sticking the thermometer in vertically like I was he slid it in horizontally. So I tried it and it shot up to 180 immediately! They should really include that tip in cookbooks... :hysterical:

Anyway. I don't do this often, but...

:loveclaysbutt:

Reason 378 Why I will never be a Clack Goddess:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/bot...sc/IMG_0226.jpg

Akshun photography skillz - I no haz dem. :imgtongue:

Love it! :cryingwlaughter:

Wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

Clay is so right! We in democratic countries should be counting our blessings often.

Hope things are well with him and family.

We are just grilling burgers and hot dogs; at least that was the plan. Hubby turned on the grill, I got everything ready...he went out to check and the grill is cold! Apparently we are out of propane. So now I am cooking them in the broiler...you think he would have checked earlier in the day!

Kim

Happy Independence Day

From an Canadian vacationing in the UK.

Today I spent 5 hours in Kew Gardens and if allowed would have loved to camp out there for a week. There is so much to see.

The weather, so un-English with temperatures in the high 80's, has finally cooled a little.

Tomorrow I'm off to visit a friend for a few days and visit Bath as well as some gardens.

I have been so busy sight seeing and visiting with family that I am finding it hard to keep up with the boards, in fact I quickly skim them for any news of our boyfriend.

When I saw that he had blogged today I was so excited that it took me three tries before I successfully logged in to OFC!

Thanks for posting this FromClaygary. I watched a few minutes of Part 1, booked marked it and look forward to viewing all the rest.

Yesterday I watched the men's singles semi-finals and was rooting for Andy Murray along with most of Britain. I did find it amusing tho' that my relatives informed me that Britain was pinning its hopes on him winning even tho he is Scottish.