#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Reason 378 Why I will never be a Clack Goddess:

IMG_0226.jpg

But... but... if this had been Clay we would have loved it anyway!!! I even know some people with a shoe/sock/boot/foot fetish collection. And even if it had just been his shadow, we would have saved it anyway. I know of at least 2 treasured pictures that have nothing but his silhouette on them.

No matter how "demanding" Clay Nation seems to be, we're really very easy to please.

Awww...thanks, y'all, for the birthday wishes! My family and I (including my mom) went with our little chairs to watch our town's annual Mayor's Fourth of July Parade. It's like a throwback to Mayberry-type things and it's a hoot! (Of course, my mom asked me a number of times what all the fuss was about. I'd say "Fourth of July, Mom"...she'd say "Oh, I didn't even know it was the fourth" and then a little bit later we'd go through that exchange again. She also hadn't remembered it was my birthday, but that's no biggie. (Hell, I wouldn't mind forgetting that myself! :hysterical: )

I made an appointment to get a 90-min massage tomorrow (heaven....) and will pay with money from my mom's account. It'll be her birthday present to me! ;)

Hubby, older daughter and I just got back yesterday from her orientation at the University of Oregon. She got her I.D. and registered for her Fall term classes. She's officially a Duck! :lilredani: She's sooooo excited, and we're really happy with her choice of school. Beautiful campus, very 'together' administration and amazing academic opportunities for her in a scholars program. She's gonna have a blast!

Now, Hubby has grilled chicken outside and we're ready to dig in! Gonna pour me a glass of wine and let everybody wait on me! ;)

Hope everyone has a great, fun Fourth of July, too! :thewave:

So they really have Fourth of July parades in Smutville? Who knew? Sounds like you had a great birthday. Quiet ones, my favourite kind.

Instead of watching fireworks we watched a DVD, "Slumdog Millionaire". Mr. Fear and I both enjoyed it. Hope you all had a great Fourth!

Wow! Muski ... you have a daughter in College! whoo hooo.

Happy birthday!!

I spent the day.. grilling, and eating..and watching the last 2 episodes of The Wire's season 2...on to Season 3.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Hi from the Morgan Meet!!

Just a quick drive-by post....

I'm sitting here with another Clay Fan (from the club!) checking Clay's Blog and to see if anything is happening...

So... we just checked out Clay's My Space page and there's a donate button for the BAF that I've never seen before....

It says that he's raised TEN dollars and has recruited EIGHTY-NINE people....

which sounds kinda sad!!!

Did we know about this??? I can't imagine it being very well-known if it only has 89 recruits and $10 collected.

I was thinking maybe some fans could go and check it out? And maybe spread the news?

Maybe???

We just saw some great fireworks...

Hope everyone's having a great Independence DAY!!!

Oh yeah... My friend can read Chinese!!! :Iluvclaysbutt:

I just finished watching the videos of John Barrowman's research. It was very interesting.Thanks for posting it for us.

I celebrated Canada day on the Halifax commons with my grandchildren and they had a blast. I ended up being a "space saver" in the lineups...but we had fun. So tonight I tuned in to watch some of the festivities for the 4th of July in the USA. I think the only part of it I didn't enjoy...and I'm probably going to get my head smacked...was Arethra Franklin's version of the American anthem. Way too over the top IMO It's a beautiful anthem that really doesn't require a cascade of trills...I don't understand why they do that.Oh well, it could just be me !!!!!! Sure would have loved to see Clay there....hmmmmm!!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July !!!!!! :cocktail:

OMG..I'M ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE......oh,oh !!!! :whistling-1:

cha cha, could it be from his Facebook site of TBAF? Or maybe it works similarly on Myspace. I think he has to invite those who contribute. I guess he has cheap friends. I donated through FromClaygary but was invited to join by another friend at FaceBook.

Calurker, I wasn't fond of Aretha's version either. But she was great on her old hits. Barry looked a little manic tonight. I was afraid he'd fall and hurt his hips. He sounded good though.

Thanks for posting, FearofH20 I have to tell you I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw your post. I agree she did well on the oldies (yellow and red dress...hmmm..no comment) I also agree that BM appeared to have had a little too much coffee.....I can't believe I know all the words to those songs. :cocktail:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

IMG_0226.jpg

Akshun photography skillz - I no haz dem. :imgtongue:

I think it's a cute picture!

OMG..I'M ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE......oh,oh !!!! :whistling-1:

Better you than me. :imgtongue:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Awww...thanks, y'all, for the birthday wishes! My family and I (including my mom) went with our little chairs to watch our town's annual Mayor's Fourth of July Parade. It's like a throwback to Mayberry-type things and it's a hoot! (Of course, my mom asked me a number of times what all the fuss was about. I'd say "Fourth of July, Mom"...she'd say "Oh, I didn't even know it was the fourth" and then a little bit later we'd go through that exchange again. She also hadn't remembered it was my birthday, but that's no biggie. (Hell, I wouldn't mind forgetting that myself! :hysterical: )

I made an appointment to get a 90-min massage tomorrow (heaven....) and will pay with money from my mom's account. It'll be her birthday present to me! ;)

Hubby, older daughter and I just got back yesterday from her orientation at the University of Oregon. She got her I.D. and registered for her Fall term classes. She's officially a Duck! :lilredani: She's sooooo excited, and we're really happy with her choice of school. Beautiful campus, very 'together' administration and amazing academic opportunities for her in a scholars program. She's gonna have a blast!

Now, Hubby has grilled chicken outside and we're ready to dig in! Gonna pour me a glass of wine and let everybody wait on me! ;)

Hope everyone has a great, fun Fourth of July, too! :thewave:

Muski, my friend, I must wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY before the end of of the day!! It sounds like you and your dtr. did the same that that my dtr and I did a few weeks ago - orientation and registration! It's cool that your dtr. is so excited, and that it's such a good opportunity for her.

Enjoy that massage tomorrow - you deserve it!

:happybirthday04:

Apparently I never checked in yesterday......I guess I got too carried away with my current obsession, which is food and cooking. So I didn't see the "he blogged!" post until this morning and then I just about broke my fingers getting over to the OFC. Awwww, how nice of him to take the time to post a Happy 4th to all. I love him. :wub:

I spent most of yesterday either out and about or in the kitchen. Started out strawberry picking again, which was time consuming as the wet weather we've had lately has made a lot of the berries rot. Then I stopped at a little roadside stand and bought eggs, some hanging plants, herbs, and a flat of flowers for my front garden. On to a little local farmer's market that I'd never checked out before for veggies, then home to hull, wash, freeze, etc. The animals got so bored with me ignoring them that they all decided to sun bathe and get along for a change. I managed to snap this picture before they went back to their usual behaviour, which is generally the dog chasing/irritating/attacking the cats.

th_IMG_1773.jpg

That's Sebastian on the chair, Kirby on the floor, and of course Piper the pug being a good little girl in the sun.

Happy Belated Birthday to muski!! Hope it was a good one.

FromClaygary, thanks for the link. I watched the first 2 parts and will get back to the rest later. I am not sure I would put myself through all that John did but it does make for interesting viewing!

Calurker, I wasn't fond of Aretha's version either. But she was great on her old hits. Barry looked a little manic tonight. I was afraid he'd fall and hurt his hips. He sounded good though.
Hee, how bad is it that I read the first part as "Aretha was great on her old tits"? :cryingwlaughter: Anyways, sounds like I didn't miss much. Barry is a bit hard to watch these days, even though I went to a couple of his concerts in the late 70s/early 80s.

I have been rewatching the HP movies in anticipation of the new one hitting theatres on the 15th. :clap: I have seen the preview for it and I'm concerned that there is no Hagrid shown....he's my favourite. I sure hope he's in it.

Today, I plan to garden. I am sure my next door neighbour will be happy to hear that. LOL, she is having a wedding in her back yard next weekend and my place is a bit of an eye sore at the moment. ;) Hope everyone has a great day!

I think it's a cute picture!

Thanks. I think so, too and I printed out a copy and stuck it to my refrigerator because it amuses me. (And I actually did get several good pictures of the Lil' Firecracker swinging - that particular shot just got away from me.)

Maybe Clay will do some Q&A's today. Or maybe not.

:GM_FCA:

I love fireworks, I really do...but not at 11:00 right outside my bedroom window when I am trying to sleep...apparently my neighbors were having a very good time! Surprisingly, the noise did bother the dog...I was preparing myself for lots of barking and carrying on but he pretty much ignored them...looked up now and then at a particularly loud one, but otherwise no interest. Cat slept through all the noise, wish I could have!

104 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

But... but... if this had been Clay we would have loved it anyway!!! I even know some people with a shoe/sock/boot/foot fetish collection. And even if it had just been his shadow, we would have saved it anyway. I know of at least 2 treasured pictures that have nothing but his silhouette on them.

Exactly! :hysterical: I would have hit RCAS so fast I would have broken a finger!

The animals got so bored with me ignoring them that they all decided to sun bathe and get along for a change. I managed to snap this picture before they went back to their usual behaviour, which is generally the dog chasing/irritating/attacking the cats.

Actually, this is their normal mode when you're not around to pay attention to them; they just do it to **** you off and get some attention! :lol:

I love fireworks, I really do...but not at 11:00 right outside my bedroom window when I am trying to sleep...

For me, it was 12:30 AM......3:00 AM.....5:15 AM.....and I'm not even in the US!! :(

I just LOVE my across-the-street-neighbors! Or not!!

IMG_0226.jpg

Hmmmm. With the pink shoelaces, that picture reminds me of Parker. Hey! How did you get to take a picture of Parker? Holding out on us, eh?

The baseball game went through yesterday, and they decided at the last minute to hold the fireworks for the city, even though there were many low hanging clouds. It was really neat -- but the traffic afterwards wasn't.

This morning, another bike ride, but only about 5 miles today. The trail we tried today is a very slight uphill climb, and boy, could I feel it. After 2.5 miles I told my husband, I was done. But then, the fun part of cruising back down the slight incline! WHEEEEEE!

And this afternoon...I have to WORK. I have a presentation to give tomorrow (twice) and it was a shared Google document that many people were contributing to, even after work on Thursday. Therefore, I have to clean the thing up and make sure I know what I'm doing!

Glad everyone had a safe Fourth, even with cops.

FromC... that Bon Jovi YouTube was awesome! The clarity or the video and the fantastic sound was the best I've ever seen on YouTube. Do you know if that is available to download anywhere?

Sorry, liney, I don't! I have Realplayer and DL'd it to my player, but I can never figure out if it's possible to get it OFF of there. It it is, I dunno how. :shrug:

I got it from Facebook. If you're a FB member, just go to their fanpage and the link is there if someone can figure out how to DL it......Scarlett?

I really enjoyed it too!

Sure thing! I'll grab it and convert....

ETA: Wow, I didn't know you could upload higher quality files to YouTube. I may start uploading some HD clips. Thanks! :thankyou:

How did your conversion turn out, Scarlett? Mine was such poor quality, even in flv format! But, silver lining y'all, there was a download link (right click and save as) for the mp3 of the song, at least. So you can download that. If you have any problems, I saved it and could upload it to yousendit or something. That was a lot of fun.

I was watching 'Pay It Forward' the other night on cable and never realized that the abusive ex-husband was Bon Jovi! He did a convincing job with that role! :)

bottlecap, cute shoes! LOL

ncgurrl, our neighbors are patriotic that way several times a year. So...colorful! :)

Rode this morning, many hills at the start then my hubby said he wanted to take a less hillier way back home. I did not argue, had a lot today to do so we can leave on Tues. I work 12 hours tomorrow so wanted to pack most things today. For the first time ever we will not be staying in a tent, some friends of ours are coming and they have a fifth wheel and invited us to stay with them. I am finding it hard to pack when I am use to taking tent, sleeping bags, matresses, pillows, and many other things related. I know I will get there and something will be missing.

Clay better come out and play while I am gone. I want to come home to many pages of catchup.

Idyj[/b, Hills can be a real challenge at times. Some days I look at them and think how am I going to climb.]

FromC... that Bon Jovi YouTube was awesome! The clarity or the video and the fantastic sound was the best I've ever seen on YouTube. Do you know if that is available to download anywhere?

Sorry, liney, I don't! I have Realplayer and DL'd it to my player, but I can never figure out if it's possible to get it OFF of there. It it is, I dunno how. :shrug:

I got it from Facebook. If you're a FB member, just go to their fanpage and the link is there if someone can figure out how to DL it......Scarlett?

I really enjoyed it too!

Sure thing! I'll grab it and convert....

ETA: Wow, I didn't know you could upload higher quality files to YouTube. I may start uploading some HD clips. Thanks! :thankyou:

How did your conversion turn out, Scarlett? Mine was such poor quality, even in flv format! But, silver lining y'all, there was a download link (right click and save as) for the mp3 of the song, at least. So you can download that. If you have any problems, I saved it and could upload it to yousendit or something. That was a lot of fun.

Do you guys know about www.zamzar.com ? goldarngirl told me about it and it works great for youtube vids. In the first tab (Convert Files Step 1) click on 'url' then enter the link to the youtube page. Then in Step 2, click in the dropdown (convert files to) and scroll down for the various video formats. You can also have it convert to mp3 or other music formats if you just want the audio. Enter your email addy (I use a throwaway addy so I don't get spammed) and then click Convert. They will convert the video and email you a download link. I've used it quite a bit, with no problems. Just don't click away the page until it's done.

Thanks for the mp3 note! I didn't notice that before.

Do you guys know about www.zamzar.com ? goldarngirl told me about it and it works great for youtube vids. In the first tab (Convert Files Step 1) click on 'url' then enter the link to the youtube page. Then in Step 2, click in the dropdown (convert files to) and scroll down for the various video formats. You can also have it convert to mp3 or other music formats if you just want the audio. Enter your email addy (I use a throwaway addy so I don't get spammed) and then click Convert. They will convert the video and email you a download link. I've used it quite a bit, with no problems. Just don't click away the page until it's done.

I didn't....but do now! Thanks for that as well!

It didn't turn out well with the two ways I usually get YouTube files (IDM and Firefox DownloadHelper), so I was going to try a few more programs today but I'm glad goldarngirl & cindilu found and posted the link below since I got roped volunteered into driving my aunt around this afternoon.

:thankyou::BlowKiss:

Just getting back from our family reunion. It was very.....memorable. As only family reunions can be. ;) I am so grateful for family though, so I'll take them anyway they're served! Well, as long as they are served along with some alcohol :cocktail: lol

And so nice to come back to read Clay's blog! I love him *sigh*

BTW, wasn't it nice that he ended with 'Talk soon'? Just hope he's looked up the definition since the last time he used the word. :)

BWAH!!

IMG_0226.jpg

Are you kidding? Socks!! Feet!!

You could follow in lindylo's footsteps....so to speak. hee :lilredani:

And the pink shoelaces?! I must admit my first thought was of the...um....Clay pink shoelace pic. Did you ever get your mug with that on it replaced, couchie? Or was that someone else I'm thinking of? LOL

And since I missed page 69 :cry4: I'll just end with this :DoClay:

Did you ever get your mug with that on it replaced, couchie? Or was that someone else I'm thinking of? LOL

Oh, I have that mug with Couchie's name on it (figuratively!), but am quite execrable at mailing things.

Can't believe the weekend is over...I got some items rendered and uploaded tonight, but they're mainly for those making montages. I'll have a few good clips coming later this week, and hopefully *crosses fingers* the TV Medley tonight.

:GE_FCA:

ETA: The TV Medly file is rather huge. Upload only if you have the time, space, bandwidth and processing power to play.