#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

:Morning: FCA

Conratulations on your nephews baseball skills couchie. closest thing to a baseball emoticon: :th74: :goodVevil::breakpc2: :bigemo_harabe_net-24: :sport019:

So many of you here are creative and skillfull in doing videos, montages, graphics, photographs and blogs. I don't think there would be a Clay nation without you. And maybe Clay has a little bit to do with that also. :allgood:

Although it would be great to have a tour in the near future, I'm not going to rush it along. Clay has to feel good after his surgery and really be up to a two to three hour show night after night. I can't imagine it's easy. There are many great minds helping him plan his next step. And there will always be those fans for whom it is all wrong. So I have to build up my "I don't care what you think" attitude also. :herewegoagin::hysterical:

Couchie, that's so cool about your nephew. I know I still love seeing my daughter's name in our little local paper after a softball tournament. In fact, I might have even collected copies of some especially noteworthy mentions... :whistling-1: Oh, and in that article you linked, I saw the name of someone I know. He's the younger brother of Carrie's teammate--"her" catcher, actually. Great family.

My older daughter is now officially a Duck! We went to orientation at the University of Oregon last week, where she got her I.D. and her class schedule for Fall term. She's so excited! Of course, at home she's a typical soon-to-be-eighteen-year-old know-it-all. Gawd. Nature has it right. When they get that age and start acting like parents are just soooooooo yesterday, everyone is pretty happy to see the high school graduate take wings and....

get the hell outta Dodge! :hysterical: She has a boyfriend now, too, so donchaknow, she's just too cool and busy and important and.....if I see her patented eyeroll again at just the sound of my voice, I'm gonna...... <_<

...Okay. Deep breath. OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......

Couchie, that's so cool about your nephew. I know I still love seeing my daughter's name in our little local paper after a softball tournament. In fact, I might have even collected copies of some especially noteworthy mentions... :whistling-1: Oh, and in that article you linked, I saw the name of someone I know. He's the younger brother of Carrie's teammate--"her" catcher, actually. Great family.

My older daughter is now officially a Duck! We went to orientation at the University of Oregon last week, where she got her I.D. and her class schedule for Fall term. She's so excited! Of course, at home she's a typical soon-to-be-eighteen-year-old know-it-all. Gawd. Nature has it right. When they get that age and start acting like parents are just soooooooo yesterday, everyone is pretty happy to see the high school graduate take wings and....

get the hell outta Dodge! :hysterical: She has a boyfriend now, too, so donchaknow, she's just too cool and busy and important and.....if I see her patented eyeroll again at just the sound of my voice, I'm gonna...... <_<

Maybe I should start acting like that, 'cause my momma won't let me leave!

Are we in a "drought"? I guess my lack of having ever seen Clay perform live has inoculated me against fretting about what he's doing. :laugh2:

OK I have officially had enough! Clay get your butt back here....like now!

merrieeee... :preachit:

muski... :cryingwlaughter: I remember those days so clearly. It was absolutely amazing to me that by the time she came home for the first break, my IQ had actually gone up from below zero to almost normal. :cryingwlaughter: An improvement I never thought I'd see in my lifetime after the adolescence she had! :hysterical:

fear... you are absolutely right... this fandom would not be what it is without the work of the clack takers/renders/uploaders/montage makers/blog creators/fan board owners and admins. All of you that put your time in to making this happen are double A A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!! :worthy:

PSA

Southwest has a HUGE sale on right now for just 48 hours. You might want to check the rates for Raleigh or anywhere else for that matter.

(merrieeee @ Jul 6 2009, 07:34 PM)

OK I have officially had enough! Clay get your butt back here....like now!

I read that as "Clay get your butt crack here....like now!" Not so sure I wanted to see that.

Then, again...........

There is a whole series somewhere in the vaults, if you are wanting to watch them. The DVDs were up at CV but they have since been taken down, not sure if they were put up anywhere else.

Thanks again, it's always good to hear that our work is appreciated.

Goldarngirl and luckiest1, your gorgeous work is always appreciated!!! It's very painstaking work ({{{hugs to you both for working through clips like Asheville WISYS}}}) but the results show all the love and care that was put into them. :BlowKiss:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you Goldengirl & Luckiest1! Your work is fantastic!

msmileyfriend.gif

I have a new blog, Love from around the World .

It is graphics & goodies all made by Clay fans around the world--thus the title!

The only thing I made was the montage of your graphics, even that was given it's title by a friend.

computer5.gif

Ashes-Clay the Man blogspot

Gawd. Nature has it right. When they get that age and start acting like parents are just soooooooo yesterday, everyone is pretty happy to see the high school graduate take wings and....

As a wise person once said... I wish I'd faced all of my life's problems when I was 17 and knew everything.

I'm always grateful to have had the experience of working in a high school BEFORE my kids were teenagers. I learned a lot and then found my own to be pretty darn easy fairly low-maintenance to deal with.

edited cuz once was probably enough...

PSA

Southwest has a HUGE sale on right now for just 48 hours. You might want to check the rates for Raleigh or anywhere else for that matter.

ncgurrl!!! I just wanted to offer my BIG THANKS for this PSA! I did not know and was able to go change my Southwest Flight for the gala and saved $187!!! Well actually I had already bought the ticket so its a credit for a future flight which will come in handy whenever Clay decides to tour. I appreciate the heads up so very much!! Now I just have to pray I get a ticket to the gala when they go on sale :-)

Carolina Clay, your blog is wonderful, thanks so much for highlighting one of our montages. And thanks to everyone who has commented on them....I don't mind letting goldarngirl take most of the accolades though, as she does the hard stuff.....I just do the oh-so-tough job of watching every single last bit of clack, and organizing it. Heh, it's a hard life I lead. Now if someone would just pay me for it I'd gladly quit my day job! :P I am glad some of you have discovered the website, too! I have to give a shout out to cindilu2 for her awesome graphics. But as always, I will caution that you should use a download manager if you plan to download from there. The montages are also in the vaults.

Thank you, luckiest1, goldarngirl, and cindilu2 for providing us such great blogging material. :clap: :clap: :clap:

What's so funny is that I watched a film -- in the midst of a summer movie binge -- and wrote the HYCA blog, planning to tie in the movie music at the end. It's been a week; and just before I checked Wikipedia for movie/song info, I remembered it was BYLM, not HYCA! Love the HYCA concert montage ... but one guess which song will be featured in the near future!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Meanwhile, thnx for the great concert montage and for visiting the Carolina site. The Clay blogs are competing with a bunch of bottom dwellers. When I checked Google earlier, there were four "copycats" of PH's blog on Page 1, and JP is using Clay's name as a lead-in for a supposed MJ memorial. Your visits/comments help us hold our own with this kind of junk on CA Google searches.

I enjoyed your new entry, Claysmelody! Since I forgot to quote, here is the link: Clay the Man. :)

Have a great evening! :Iluvclaysbutt:

Caro listen.gif

... (snipped)

Cognito, I'm glad nobody was injured on the 4th.

I have a little gift for you -

(be sure to double click)

:chair:

Omigawww!! Thanks, Tree, I had forgotten about that PS'd pic. Skeeeryyy!! :scared:

A funny -- my dermatologist boss stopped dictating on a tape today, and suddenly I heard part of "No More Sad Song" from MOAM. I freaked out while transcribing -- did Hell freeze over and WRVR in Memphis is playing MOAM? Nope, it's a ring tone the boss got on his phone. Aw geez. :boredsmiley:

Just wanted to let everyone in Houston know that Continental IAH to RDU fares have dropped, probably in response to the Southwest sale. Might be a good time to book flights -- PM me if you want to travel together. (thanks for the info, PerusingOne)

ETA:

:GE_FCA:

PSA

ncgurrl!!! I just wanted to offer my BIG THANKS for this PSA! I did not know and was able to go change my Southwest Flight for the gala and saved $187!!! Well actually I had already bought the ticket so its a credit for a future flight which will come in handy whenever Clay decides to tour. I appreciate the heads up so very much!! Now I just have to pray I get a ticket to the gala when they go on sale :-)

Wow! I only did $118 in savings. Love the new figures.

Who is coming in on Thursday?

Somewhere in my basement there is the issue of Life with the Jackson Five on the cover. Michael was about 8 in the picture IIRC. We found it in 1989 with a pile of magazines when I moved my Mother into a new house. I guess I should dig it out and make a zillion $$$$$$ on eBay.

Nah, too much work to find it.

:GM_FCA:

101 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I very rarely listen to the radio but for some reason this morning I decided to see what AM had to offer. I suddenly hear a familiar voice......it was Clay singing TITN. It tuned out to be bump music for Bill Bennetts talk show Morning in America. It was a nice surprise

Is this an EHP only thing? :P

Don't forget the Sunday breakfast. Last I checked we had 43 registered! It's going to be a blast.

I haven't booked our flights yet, but we plan to arrive Thursday and leave late Sunday.

Don't you know everyone is a member of the eHP?

I'll check out the breakfast. I hadn't paid much attention because it didn't seem real until last night when i got my plane ticket.eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Now to get the gala ticket....oh gosh i don't need any more stress!

Where can I find the info on the breakfast?

I need to catch up but just dropping this off and may those selling Michael Jackson Memorial Programs on ebay be ashamed!

Why? If they came by the program legally they have the right to do with it as they wish. Heaven knows the family and promoters are making money off of Jackson's death.

Somewhere in my basement there is the issue of Life with the Jackson Five on the cover. Michael was about 8 in the picture IIRC. We found it in 1989 with a pile of magazines when I moved my Mother into a new house. I guess I should dig it out and make a zillion $$$$$$ on eBay.

Nah, too much work to find it.

Dig that sucker out and sell it. The market is hot now. Who knows what will be popular next month.

Gala- I arrive on Thursday afternoon and leave around noon on Monday. Last year there was an arts fair outside of the museum down the street from the hotel on Sunday afternoon. I did some shopping there.

Is this an EHP only thing? :P

Don't forget the Sunday breakfast. Last I checked we had 43 registered! It's going to be a blast.

I haven't booked our flights yet, but we plan to arrive Thursday and leave late Sunday.

Just pm you to ask about that, I didn't see this post. seems like a good idea to arrive on the Thursday, gives a day to look around there.