#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I need to catch up but just dropping this off and may those selling Michael Jackson Memorial Programs on ebay be ashamed!

PDFs of the program:

http://www.theloop21.com/news/mjprogram

Thank you so much! I really wanted to see it, but no way I could pay for it.

Somewhere in my basement there is the issue of Life with the Jackson Five on the cover. Michael was about 8 in the picture IIRC. We found it in 1989 with a pile of magazines when I moved my Mother into a new house. I guess I should dig it out and make a zillion $$$$$$ on eBay.

Nah, too much work to find it.

Hey, I've seen your basement so I know what you mean, but if it were me, I'd be down there digging around for it!

I'm hoping to go if we can get tickets. Probably won't get to go to the breakfast since I'm rooming with CF so I don't think she'll want to get her lazy ass out of bed that early but I hope to meet all of you at some point. Right now, I'm planning on going from Friday evening until sometime Sunday, but I start student teaching in the fall and it wouldn't look good to miss days. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be during the schools fall break or teacher days or something.

Wish I was joining you all at the Gala, but I guess someone has to hold down the fort and make sure everything is all neat and tidy when you get back! So who else isn't going, we need to plan some sort of party while the mice are away!

Kim

Luckiest1, thanks for linking the breakfast thread while I was at work. :)

I've said over there and will say here as well....don't worry too much about number of people. The private room holds 50-ish...but it opens to the main dining room, which can hold many more; and it would be easy to just back-and-forth between the two rooms.

At the moment we have 54 signed up...but that may change dramatically as plans change closer to the event.

I would ask, though, please.......if your plans do change, could you please post in the other thread or let me know that you are NOT going to be attending...that will help us a lot with planning. TIA. :)

Really looking forward to the whole weekend!

I've said over there and will say here as well....don't worry too much about number of people. The private room holds 50-ish...but it opens to the main dining room, which can hold many more; and it would be easy to just back-and-forth between the two rooms.

At the moment we have 54 signed up...but that may change dramatically as plans change closer to the event.

I would ask, though, please.......if your plans do change, could you please post in the other thread or let me know that you are NOT going to be attending...that will help us a lot with planning. TIA. :)

Yes, that's right. Last year some of us (ok, a few from the ehP) woke up too late to make it to the breakfast buffet but we were still able to walk around and have long chats with every single table over there. I think I got into more pictures than some who were actually at the breakfast, lol! (Fear, I can't remember what we were laughing so hard about but I love the picture that luckiest1 took of us)

ETA: goldarngirl, is there something you're waiting on from me? twwmad got uploaded last night, I think?

ETA: goldarngirl, is there something you're waiting on from me? twwmad got uploaded last night, I think?

I am not going to be hot on your heels for anything, no, BUT you are more than welcome to continue on to the end. I am just cleaning up TV Medley and I think I have refinished the first set, just awaiting reviews :3: luckiest1.

Thanks for letting me nag you.

So, who's the likely opponent next year? Never too early to send good thoughts&wishes. Sometimes I really hate watching laws being made, but someone needs to. Wish we could all watch Clay make them -- laws and sausages.

ETA: Thanks, gg. Just checkin'! :BlowKiss:

I just don't get this whole anti-gay shit!??!! I'm sick to death of it and people like that asshole in NC (NOT CLAY, of course).

The good news is that the law passed and was signed into law by the governor.

This bill was started by the people and not the elected officials. We voted on it precinct by precinct last year.

I think I mentioned before that my first grader ( not mine I only tutor her) was bullied on the school bus. I make the kids I tutor cookies for every holiday. They were usually taken from her on the bus. I finally taught her how to hid them in her bookbag and not to talk about them to anyone.

The last batch I made she was able to share with her friend. The reason she is bullied? She is very tall for her age. She is also going to be a stunning young woman, I predict . I've told her how very pretty she is and they were probably jealous of that.

Clay's blog is public, so you don't need to be signed on to see it:

Warning

I'm a little late on this one, but... be careful. Don't breathe in around me!

In debating the School Violence Prevention Act during a legislative session, NC General Assembly Minority Leader Skip Stam (R*-Wake) said that "explicitly protecting gay kids from bullying would lead to pedophilia and gay marriage," The man, who has obviously come unhinged from reality also argued that gay parents are "more dangerous than second-hand smoke."

( http://www.bluenc.com/nc-gop-leader-lies-a...r-front-her-son )

I hope I haven't caused any health problems for any of you!

What a dumbass!

Do enough of you guys live in southern Wake County to help him lose his job next year?

c

Don't breathe in around me!
:cryingwlaughter: Actually Clay, I'd like to do a whole lot more

than that around you :naughty2: OMG and he cussed in his blog too!! lol

Oh man....I love that political activist known as Clay Aiken. That politician -- IMO -- first class idiot. And Clay? First class star.

Be still my heart!!! :wub:

mind-numbingly idiotic and hateful

...doesn't even begin to cover it! I wonder who kicked dirt in Skippy's face (or in his case blew smoke) to cause such ignorance and hatred.

Wish we could all watch Clay make them -- laws and sausages.

BWAH!!

As a gay parent, you really need to develop a thick skin, not to let shit like that get to you. And then, if one of your kids discovers that they, too, are gay, you become the devil incarnate to a lot more people. Because they are convinced that it's all your fault. :insert rolling eyes emoticon:

Good for Clay for ranting about that asshole dumbass. There's not much I can do about it from here, but I can cheer him on!

I just finished watching about 10 versions of Without You from Asheville. Boy, that Clay Aiken dude can SAAAAAAAANG! I can't wait to hear him sing live again. Is it 100 days to gala yet????

Well I guess if we listened to that stupid, ignorant politician, we'd all be going out for chest x-rays tomorrow after being close to Clay at spamalot first row and sd. I'm so glad seeing Clay speak his mind.

Well I guess if we listened to that stupid, ignorant politician, we'd all be going out for chest x-rays tomorrow after being close to Clay at spamalot first row and sd. I'm so glad seeing Clay speak his mind.

I wonder if it gets worse with repeat exposures?!! :cryingwlaughter:

By sheer coincidence I'm having a couple of lab tests tomorrow. If they find anything that can be traced to too many front row seats I'll gladly take the hit for the rest of you since I've already got whatever it is. The rest of Clay Nation need not put themselves at risk!!! :hysterical:

ETA: {{{luckiest1}}}, I know you're ok but I wanna :thbighug-1: anyways!!!

I wonder if it gets worse with repeat exposures?!! :cryingwlaughter:

By sheer coincidence I'm having a couple of lab tests tomorrow. If they find anything that can be traced to too many front row seats I'll gladly take the hit for the rest of you since I've already got whatever it is. The rest of Clay Nation need not put themselves at risk!!! :hysterical:

You probably would be one of the worse cases. Joking aside! that politician must not be in his right mind, if he was fighting against that bill to protech children.

That old saying about ignorance is bliss sure isn't applicable in this case. Hard to believe there are still people that stupid.

Love my pretend bf getting pissed and sharing that with us.

Luckiest, is it easier since you live in Canada? At NNHB, we had a discussion Miss California gave her opinion, and they were saying that in Canada, they had passed legislation for gay rights several years ago. I know having the legal rights doesn't always correlate to how the general public reacts, but I just wondered if it was better there.

I need to catch up but just dropping this off and may those selling Michael Jackson Memorial Programs on ebay be ashamed!

Why? If they came by the program legally they have the right to do with it as they wish. Heaven knows the family and promoters are making money off of Jackson's death.

I guess when I saw people asking $10,000 for memorial tickets, I got pissed. That's when they came up with the wristband idea. Then yesterday, I saw page of programs for over $200 and some with BINs on them of $1000 and one with a BIN of $7777. It seemed awfully greedy to me. It was meant to be a memento, not something for a bunch of people to make hundreds of dollars from. JMO.

I'm hoping to go if we can get tickets. Probably won't get to go to the breakfast since I'm rooming with CF so I don't think she'll want to get her lazy ass out of bed that early but I hope to meet all of you at some point. Right now, I'm planning on going from Friday evening until sometime Sunday, but I start student teaching in the fall and it wouldn't look good to miss days. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be during the schools fall break or teacher days or something.

We're on the list. I say, let's arrive fashionably late...about 9:30ish, lol.

Yes, that's right. Last year some of us (ok, a few from the ehP) woke up too late to make it to the breakfast buffet but we were still able to walk around and have long chats with every single table over there. I think I got into more pictures than some who were actually at the breakfast, lol! (Fear, I can't remember what we were laughing so hard about but I love the picture that luckiest1 took of us)

Seeeeeeee....It's a clack-gatherer thing. I'm usually sitting there staring at the screen with earbuds in at 3am after everybody else has gone to bed, lol.

Scarlett? What's ehP?

I am not going to be hot on your heels for anything, no, BUT you are more than welcome to continue on to the end. I am just cleaning up TV Medley and I think I have refinished the first set, just awaiting reviews :3: luckiest1.

Thanks for letting me nag you.

GDG,

Am I still supposed to be asking for some clack from somebody for you? And if so...what again? :lilredani:

As a gay parent, you really need to develop a thick skin, not to let shit like that get to you. And then, if one of your kids discovers that they, too, are gay, you become the devil incarnate to a lot more people. Because they are convinced that it's all your fault. :insert rolling eyes emoticon:

Good for Clay for ranting about that asshole dumbass. There's not much I can do about it from here, but I can cheer him on!

You know it's occurred to me before when somebody said something derogatory before and it occurred to me when reading what that idiot said, that if it turns out down the line that Parker happens to be gay (and I don't know if is there a "heredity factor"? My guess is there could be?) ... anyhow, I worry about what asshole and others like him will have to say.

Luckiest, is it easier since you live in Canada? At NNHB, we had a discussion Miss California gave her opinion, and they were saying that in Canada, they had passed legislation for gay rights several years ago. I know having the legal rights doesn't always correlate to how the general public reacts, but I just wondered if it was better there.

Politically? I guess so (although I'm about the least political person I know so I'm just talking out of my ass here). There are laws in place against descrimination based on sexual orientation, at least. But I can't equate my situation with Clay's really, because he is publically out, there isn't a person who meets him now who doesn't know he's a gay dad. Me....I am out to those who matter. People who have no business in my personal life probably don't know because I don't advertise it and I don't have a partner. Plus, the fact that I was married for 14 years and have 3 kids gives most people the false impression that I am straight. However, ignorant dumbass people live everywhere. Some in my own family.

My daughter met a friend at the beginning of grade 9. They were very close. In grade 11 or so they both came out as lesbians. The friend's parents were very strict Irish Catholics, and verbally abused their daughter so badly that she came to live with us for refuge. Occasionally she would go home for something, but her mother had made it clear that no gay friends of her daughter's were allowed into the house. I tried reasoning with the woman over the phone one day and she told me that she thought I was evil and to blame. One day she came over here to give something to her daughter, and I told her no Irish people were allowed in my house. Stupid bitch. :cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

100 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim