#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

I tried some of Scarlett's sexy code tricks, but they didn't work with this. That new emotie with the earphones is : listen : (remove spaces).

Like this? The new emotie with the earphones is :listen:

Dang, I thought I tried every possible permutation, but I didn't try that one. :cryingwlaughter:

It was just plain luck, jmh. That was the first combination I tried. :hug:

(my teammates from years back have always remarked on my luck. they swear that computer bugs fail to materialize whenever I'm around, and once threatened to ship bits of me with every box of CDs we sold. the users got frustrated too because they couldn't show me the symptoms they'd been having up until I walked in the door. I guess it's the computer equivalent of that noise in your car going away whenever you drive into a mechanic's shop)

Thanks again for :blowkiss: :BlowKiss: and :claykiss: :claykiss:

Preden Does our boss have a supervisor? THAT'S the person I would talk to.

I'm so glad Clay's news is "not yet" rather than "soon."

There's hope we might hear something in the next 6 months.

:cryingwlaughter:

We already had a meeting with our headnurse in May, we will see how things will go and she had she would have a follow up with us to see how things are going. Anyhow I'm trying for another position at the same place but a day shift.

Thank you for the encouragement. This boss is young and I just think she doesn't realize how hurtful her comments can be. Tonight she gave me a big hug as I had not seen her since she came back from her vacation. She can be so nice when she wants to.

(my teammates from years back have always remarked on my luck. they swear that computer bugs fail to materialize whenever I'm around, and once threatened to ship bits of me with every box of CDs we sold. the users got frustrated too because they couldn't show me the symptoms they'd been having up until I walked in the door. I guess it's the computer equivalent of that noise in your car going away whenever you drive into a mechanic's shop)

My kids always appear to be at deaths door until we get to the doctors surgery and then they look like they could run a marathon whilst singing and dancing a jig.

Is Clay sharing yet?.............How 'bout now?...............Yet? No?.............

Lets speculate!... Maybe a baby brother or sister for Parker?.....Or maybe a talk show? (wishful thinking I know)

From CH via CV

From CV:
It appears that Clay is seeing Hair, again, according to a twitter:

saw clay aiken and david hasslehoff tonight and got the most not-sober call from her dad. life is interesting.

prior to that twitter she wrote:

David Hasslehoff danced with Jackie Burns... AND HE JUST WALKED PAST ME. Life is awesome.
and

oh haiiiiiii david hasslehof at hair tonight, sup? and i moved to b5:)

And yes, Jackie Burns is in Hair

The tweet came from eippicfaiil seems to be a young girl and her tweets seemed legit

Earlier in the day yesterday there was apparently another 'tweet' about Clay being at an airport.

:GM_FCA:

87 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From CH via CV

saw clay aiken and david hasslehoff tonight and got the most not-sober call from her dad. life is interesting.

Huh? I thought he hated Hair! :lol: Reed must have wanted to see it, or there's someone they know in it? :shrug:

I hang my head in shame, but I am glad he's in Tweetsville once again. :whistling-1:

I do love to know where he is. :)

From CH via CV

Huh? I thought he hated Hair! :lol: Reed must have wanted to see it, or there's someone they know in it? :shrug:

I hang my head in shame, but I am glad he's in Tweetsville once again. :whistling-1:

And what he is doing and who he is doing it with.....

Shannon...his dresser on Spamalot works at the Hair production.

Kim

From CH via CV

And what he is doing and who he is doing it with.....

Shannon...his dresser on Spamalot works at the Hair production.

Kim

Maybe it is just a break from a lot of physical activity. After all he had to: Fly to New York. Meet at least one friend. Run laps around a hotel room. Bounce on the bed. Get sweaty. Take a shower. Eat a meal.

It must have been an exhausting day. The man needed some down time.

KAndre stops writhing around Everlasting Love and To Love Somebody in a orgiastic menage a trois long enough to say...

If I showed any more love to EL, I'd be having triplets! EL is one of the few songs I am interested in the lyrics - I'll be your freakin' bride, Clay! No pre-nups!

But the visual of To Love Somebody owns me, lock, stock and barrel.

KAndre stops writhing around Everlasting Love and To Love Somebody in a orgiastic menage a trois long enough to say...

If I showed any more love to EL, I'd be having triplets! EL is one of the few songs I am interested in the lyrics - I'll be your freakin' bride, Clay! No pre-nups!

Exactly. In my memory, it is the TLS outfit that sings EL. Always. :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe it is just a break from a lot of physical activity. After all he had to: Fly to New York. Meet at least one friend. Run laps around a hotel room. Bounce on the bed. Get sweaty. Take a shower. Eat a meal.

It must have been an exhausting day. The man needed some down time.

:cryingwlaughter: You read my mind.

I think Clay's comment about Hair is that he wished the cast would stay on the stage and out of the audience. About a week after he made that statement, I saw the Hair cast on Letterman doing Let the Sunshine In -- and they not only were in the aisles, they were stepping over seats within the rows. If someone stepped on Clay's seat, I'm sure he would not like it. I loved Hair when I saw it decades ago -- but nobody stepped over me, and I wouldn't have liked that.

Maybe this time he sat in the mezz, or the back of the orchestra -- and enjoyed it more.

Rereading the original tweet again:

There IS the possibility that the sighting of Clay and Hasslehoff was two separate sightings. The Hair mention specifically talks about Hasslehoff later, but not Clay. OTOH, if Shannon is the dresser for Hair, it's possible he could have been there.

Just putting out another possibility.

I believe Clay's friend has an apartment; so we might want to amend it to:

Run laps around the apartment; bounce on the couch; get sweaty; take a shower; bounce on the bed, get sweaty; take a shower.....

"takes a moment"

Kim

Hello, FCA,

This post is for Scarlett and other friends of xxx4clay. I thought you would like to read the comment that just appeared in the Carolina blog right under his mother's picture:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Clay Nation Celebrates Aiken Fan":

Hey all... This is Susan's youngest son, Scott. I just wanted to thank you all so much for all of the cards, flowers, and phone calls over the past several months. They really helped lift my mom's spirts during a tough time. Thanks again.

I think I have added something new everyday -- a montage of Susan's clack yesterday and this graphic by Ashes earlier today. If you haven't seen it, here is the clickable:

th_Ashes_Susan1.png

Caro listen.gif

Caro... that is a beautiful poem. Wasn't it nice of her son to acknowlege the Clay friends of his mom?

Ok I have one word to say to anyone who is thinking of remodeling 3 bathrooms at once....don't!

I started this "little" project last Monday and I will not be totally finished till next week. My DH decided that since we were having new countertops and venetian plaster done we might as well add having the cabinets refinished! Ok so I go get the colour chips and surprise surprise we actually agree on something. So then today the contractor says why don't you have the front door refinshed to match all the "new" wood in the house! Well Ok lets add that! I am not adding another thing!

I have one toilet that I can actually get to and I have to remove plastic off the shower but I have nothing on the windows so I have to shower in the dark! I also have to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink and I have only the mirror in my bedroom to look at and the light is not good in there!

Gee why did I ever say yes when DH suggested that we do this. Oh and yeah he lives in another state and will not come home again until the work is done. How convenient!

Hmm how's your day going?

merrieeee.... look on the bright side (where have I heard that phrase before??? LOL). It will all be done at the same time!

Scarlett... hey, I do that, too! Someone will call and say they are having a problem doing such and such, usually in graphics. I walk in and stand behind them so they can show me what they are doing and bingo... it works perfectly for them. My aura has a rep in my office... :haha:

KAndre... ME, TOO!!! I LOVE EL, but TLS is the bestest (tho UM is close) and that TLS outfit was the best he wore during the whole dang shebang. I could never figure out why Simon thought EL was so bad. Idjit! I LOVED the way those pants hugged those thighs of his.... whew!

Not getting into the current discussion but just dropping off a recap of a sort of eHP weekend, if you could call it that with major people missing.

KAndre?!! Now you show up. Where have you been? This last month and especially last weekend. And don't get me started on warm. There's a bunch of things that's all your fault.

I thought about you on Sunday, with much fondness and longing, make that plenty of longing, something along the line of, "If KAndre had been here we.would.NOT.be.doing.this!" Not in Philly. Not in the Delaware River. Not kayaking, And certainly NOT in July! And the person who planned all that? Was nowhere to be seen at all. The Pacific Islander gods have been playing tricks on me all weekend.

And we deluded ourselves that we enjoyed it and planned another longer trip to do the same thing. In Seattle. In November. Where were you when we needed someone to talk us out of our bright ideas?

And the Pacific Islander gods didn't stop there either. Back in the office Tuesday. Old officemate IM's out of the blue for lunch. I mention how my weekend went. Turns out the officemate knows where to buy one, how to store it, and all the places to go on it, yes in Houston (who knew?).

I think the cuprit to all this was the person who planned the activity and didn't show up all weekend. Couldn't travel because of food poisoning. As I recall, both PerusingOne and I had bad cases of food poisoning from sharing that entree in The Newsroom where we ate with Couchie and Thankful and a couple of others, but we were still good to go. Of course back then we had 2nd row seats to a show that evening so that may have been a factor.

Yet I couldn't complain. Because I took myself out of the planning process for this trip. Kept my promise made 3 years ago during the last drou--, er, extended period without shows. Back when I thought it would be a great idea to go check out the Class IV and V waters around Asheville, and actually talked the same eHP members who were supposed to go on last weekend's trip into trying it out. Even though one of us couldn't swim. Not just couldn't swim well. But can't swim at all. As in doesn't even get into the water. But I thought it was a great thing to get people try new things! Wonderful, even! Until the morning came and we were about to get on the raft and it dawned on me that something really bad could happen to this person beside me. And then what would I tell her parents? That I, uh, have this philosophy about risk-taking? Yes, they would have wanted to hear that. So I made a deal. With myself mostly. But I was sorta hoping Someone up there was listening. That if we got through the day with no mishaps, I'd give the said person veto power over any activity involving water. And we had none. Well, the part where I slipped and hurt my hand just enough to be unable to help carry the raft back to the storage shed didn't count as a mishap. It was a goodhap.

And so when this Philly trip happened and some things involving water were mentioned, I stayed out of it. Completely. Didn't even join in the PM'ing sessions despite all the ehem'ing and *cough*Scarlett*cough*'ing going on intermittently for the past few weeks. I know better now. Because that same person who couldn't swim, planned this whole kayak enterprise. and then took herself out of it. I'm sure the Pacific Islander gods made a deal with her. Will make sure I'm in the loop next time.

End of recap.

KAndre snickers quietly to herself...

Kayaking?

In November?

In SEATTLE?!?!?!?

I'll go to Seattle. I like Seattle. And I will quite happily have committed anyone who attempts to convince me to freeze my ass off in a little boat in the middle of the wilderness in the middle of winter. I was tricked once by you people into dipping a toe in the Pacific - never again. The Carribbean is my water world, people.

Besides, we need to meet up in San Antonio for Labor Day anyhow.

:helloFCA: New blog is up with a new montage, Grace of God. AmazingCA worked with me on this one by choosing and sending me graphics of hers to use in it. We had fun putting our heads together across the miles--gotta love the internet!See Ashes Clay the Man-Sparkle and Shine for the montage and more. Thank you everyone for visiting, drop a 'hello' in the comments while you're there, that would be extra nice!

All the best to everyone,

coolingoffsmiley.gif

Edited by jmh123
fixed code -jmh123