#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

{{{Couchie}}} Sending you a virtual backrub...

Thanks for the great clip, claylove! :thankyou:

So...if you had to pick a de-stressing song for couchie... which would you choose? I like to listen to WTOW and several from the early demos.

So...if you had to pick a de-stressing song for couchie... which would you choose? I like to listen to WTOW and several from the early demos.

I have always liked "Tears Run Dry" for heartbreak... I like it because it acknowledges the angst and yet then goes to "somehow I'm gonna put the pieces back" giving hope things will get better.

For everyday drama and stress, I really like "Weight of the World." I think it speaks to the pressure we all put on ourselves or find ourselves in, particularly the bridge which has been very helpful to me at times:

I know its hard to see from where you are right now

I know its hard to breath, just the let world go round

and round, round, round

But I have to admit, last year going thru someone very close to me stabbing me in the back, I REALLY latched onto "I Survived You." It was rough, ugly and painful. ISY became my theme song. I would blare it in the car over and over again. LOL That and "Everything I Don't Need" and "Ashes" which helped me deal with my pain and anger. Clay put out some good songs to help me through that mess. Thankfully, I have healed and am much better now. Who knew his voice and songs would make such a great therapist???

I think I tend to do the "feel then heal" thing so music really helps me a lot. For an escape though, I'd just watch Livin' LaVida Loca about 100 times. If that doesn't distract you nothing will! LOL

I hope nobody now thinks I am nuts! hee

I have always liked "Tears Run Dry" for heartbreak... I like it because it acknowledges the angst and yet then goes to "somehow I'm gonna put the pieces back" giving hope things will get better.

For everyday drama and stress, I really like "Weight of the World." I think it speaks to the pressure we all put on ourselves or find ourselves in, particularly the bridge which has been very helpful to me at times:

and round, round, round

But I have to admit, last year going thru someone very close to me stabbing me in the back, I REALLY latched onto "I Survived You." It was rough, ugly and painful. ISY became my theme song. I would blare it in the car over and over again. LOL That and "Everything I Don't Need" and "Ashes" which helped me deal with my pain and anger. Clay put out some good songs to help me through that mess. Thankfully, I have healed and am much better now. Who knew his voice and songs would make such a great therapist???

I think I tend to do the "feel then heal" thing so music really helps me a lot. For an escape though, I'd just watch Livin' LaVida Loca about 100 times. If that doesn't distract you nothing will! LOL

Well since no one has posted and reassured you that no one thinks you're nuts, I thought I would post and say, no I don't think you're nuts.

*waves hand around* I don't think you're nuts!

I latched onto Lover All Alone when I fell head over heels in love with someone I couldn't have. It's not quite the same as what you went through, but I feel ya. Clay makes a great therapist.

:GM_FCA:

85 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well since no one has posted and reassured you that no one thinks you're nuts, I thought I would post and say, no I don't think you're nuts.

....and I was dead to the world at the time, or I would certainly say I know this lady, and I KNOW she's not nuts! :lol: :thbighug-1:

It always amazes me how many of us Clay "picked up" when we were in stress mode of some sort...he and his voice are healers, there's absolutely no doubt.

It even works for babies....:) I bet there are times when Jaymes has appreciated that.

I can't tell how much clay helped me after a very stressful evening at work at the hospital. Just looking at some clack or listening to some music before to bed helped me unwind to get to sleep. He is alvailable when needed.

Checking in briefly before I have to get breakfast ready for hubby, BIL and his wife...

My "destress" song from Clay is WOTW as well, although I also find OMWH (the song) just as powerful. I know some (not here) have derided the lyrics to it, but I can find some of them totally powerful, especially this section:

I'd rather try and fail

A thousand times denied

And this, whenever you feel pain

It lets you know that you're alive

{{{{{{{{{{couchie}}}}}}

I agree with everyone and I don't think any of you is nuts. :twinklewhore:

Sorry about your friend claylove. It's sad what some people will do. Last fall was a sad time in Clay Nation but hopefully we are all stronger and the backstabbers have moved on.

We are moving along in our house painting and I'm ready to plan for a Clay appearance. I think Mr. Fear and I are ready to travel. The kitchen will be the worst to paint but it will get started this coming week. Wahoo!

Well, I think all of us are nuts, but love ya anyway; have loved I Survived You with a obsessive love since I first heard it (Houston IT 2004 kicks TOTAL ass!)

oooh that backrub felt good.

That's what I needed...perspective heee. Claylove you are seriously not nuts...I can relate. The song that actually soothes me is Good News for some reason. So I fell asleep to it last night.

I fixed the clayversity link.

And I don't think I mentioned this before but seriously love the good morning FCA with the happy sun!

:breakpc2:

You knows what’s even worse than doing the Ticketmaster Tango? Doing the Tango with an extremely slooooooooooooooooooooooow system. However, I did succeed in snagging a couple of tickets in the internet pre-sale for the local stop of the SYTYCD Tour in October. I like the show, but I wouldn’t travel to see it. As it happens, the tour is one of the first events booked into our brand-spanking new multi-purpose arena. I thought I might as well see the inside of the complex my taxes are financing.

{{{{{couchie}}}}} Dancing to Clay's fastest songs is a good destressor. Walking somewhere pretty is good, too. Watching something that makes you laugh will help, too.

Scarlett... My destressor is All Is Well. For some reason that song helps me get through stuff better than any other, tho I LOVE ISY and IWCY for destressing, too. I know it's a Christmas song and I'm not even religious, but something about that song just calms me. Maybe it has something to do with the triumph of his reaching that note after the bad first performance.

and round, round, round

claylove... nope, not nuts... you or me!!! :cryingwlaughter:

I agree with everyone and I don't think any of you is nuts. :twinklewhore:

Sorry about your friend claylove. It's sad what some people will do. Last fall was a sad time in Clay Nation but hopefully we are all stronger and the backstabbers have moved on.

We are moving along in our house painting and I'm ready to plan for a Clay appearance. I think Mr. Fear and I are ready to travel. The kitchen will be the worst to paint but it will get started this coming week. Wahoo!

Fear... I wish I could rent that house... you guys are putting in a whole bunch of work and I'm sure it looks great. When this is done you and Mr. Fear definitely deserve some FUN!!!

:breakpc2:

You knows what’s even worse than doing the Ticketmaster Tango? Doing the Tango with an extremely slooooooooooooooooooooooow system. However, I did succeed in snagging a couple of tickets in the internet pre-sale for the local stop of the SYTYCD Tour in October. I like the show, but I wouldn’t travel to see it. As it happens, the tour is one of the first events booked into our brand-spanking new multi-purpose arena. I thought I might as well see the inside of the complex my taxes are financing.

bottle... I got an email from the Orleans cause SYTYCD is coming there, but I'm just not in love with anyone this year. Last year... I would have gone to see Josh/Katie and Twitch in a heartbeat, but this year's crop just are ok, compared with last year. Just me, I'm sure.

Woo hoo...they are gone finally!! My bathrooms are done , the wood in the house is stained and it looks wonderful! But now I have to put all the "stuff" back and it is going to take me forever but at least I can take a proper shower and use the loo without having to carry a torch with me!

liney, just wanted to say that I loved your last couple of posts -- your cute story about your "aura" and the nice reminder about "All Is Well". I need to bring out my Christmas CD's again. After all it's already the 3rd qtr of the year and I'd tucked them away in the 2nd qtr (after which I rendered a whole batch of Christmas shows, lol!) :thankyou:

:BlowKiss:

All is Well is also one of my soothing songs. And I am without doubt the least 'religious' person I know. But there is something about his voice when he sings songs of faith. That brief moment on the final line, when the music stops - as though it, too, only wants to hear the beauty of his voice. He makes me believe.

For the sheer magic that is Clay Aiken though, it's hard to beat The Real Me. 'You've taken the broken pieces of my life and helped me to believe'. It still gives me goosebumps, and I've listened to it a countless number of times.

I miss him so much. I know he's got a plan, and I know he'll blow me away when whatever's next is revealed. But right now, I just miss him. Like, lots.

I've had a little wine tonight (okay, like, lots) so let's blame it on that that I'm posting this. I wrote (am in the process of writing?) a little Creed fic. There are a few who have read it so far (*waves* to my co-pervs conspirators) It will never see the light of day on a message board and it's, ummm, NC17ish, but if there are those out there who enjoy that sort of thing, pm me and we'll.... umm...talk. :blush:

How could I forget The Real Me????? That one always makes me shiver. And I wasn't even thinking about Christmas ones. All Is Well is awesome and I also really love Clay's version of My Grown Up Christmas List and I agree about Good News too.

Dang it, I am moved by so many of Clay's songs its hard to choose. Not that I am complaining though. I love it! And I love him. *sniff*

merrieeee - congrats on your remodel finally being complete!

I've had a little wine tonight (okay, like, lots) so let's blame it on that that I'm posting this. I wrote (am in the process of writing?) a little Creed fic. There are a few who have read it so far (*waves* to my co-pervs conspirators) It will never see the light of day on a message board and it's, ummm, NC17ish, but if there are those out there who enjoy that sort of thing, pm me and we'll.... umm...talk. :blush:

OMG, I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

PS when's the next installment going to be ready? :flirtysmile3:

Ya gotta love it when the neighbours have an unsecured wireless connection. Yay me! So far, no rain. The street dance yesterday went off without a hitch (although, by the time we got here, we were too tired to attend it). 3 and a half hours is a long time in the car with a little dog who just wants to play. Just sayin'.

My favourite Clay destressing song? Right Here Waiting of course. :)

OMG, I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

PS when's the next installment going to be ready? :flirtysmile3:

Ya gotta love it when the neighbours have an unsecured wireless connection. Yay me! So far, no rain. The street dance yesterday went off without a hitch (although, by the time we got here, we were too tired to attend it). 3 and a half hours is a long time in the car with a little dog who just wants to play. Just sayin'.

My favourite Clay destressing song? Right Here Waiting of course. :)

Heheh, you're shocked? I gotta lay off the wine! :lmao:

Enjoy the Elvii claydoggiekiss.gif<< closest thing I could find to a hound-dog.

:GM_FCA:

84 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim