#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Quoting myself from CV.

HELP

Is there anyone out there that has busline clack from Asheville that hasn't share it and would be willing to. One of the things I would love is Jerome leading the crowd. I haven't watched everything that has been posted BUT I have watched most of it and this phenomenon seems to have been missed. SO anyone that has anything busline related for Asheville that hasn't shared yet and would, can you please contact me? Thanks.

Second request.

I have one song picked out BUT still not sure I want to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a song that has 'hand touching' 'thank you' anything like that in it, that might be appropriate to use as

the background for the busline video??? I would appreciate anything suggestions.

Thanks.

Quoting myself from CV.

HELP

Is there anyone out there that has busline clack from Asheville that hasn't share it and would be willing to. One of the things I would love is Jerome leading the crowd. I haven't watched everything that has been posted BUT I have watched most of it and this phenomenon seems to have been missed. SO anyone that has anything busline related for Asheville that hasn't shared yet and would, can you please contact me? Thanks.

Second request.

I have one song picked out BUT still not sure I want to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a song that has 'hand touching' 'thank you' anything like that in it, that might be appropriate to use as

the background for the busline video??? I would appreciate anything suggestions.

Thanks.

goldarngirl, I'm going to reply here although we've talked about it (and I sniffled and moaned and searched again) to head off people sending you notes that say Scarlett has lots, I was on it, I said hello, etc. I only have a 1 minute clip from the Asheville busline. I don't know what happened but I'm guessing I'd put it on standby by accident. I'm sorry, especially to all the people who posed for me and waved and said all their messages, thinking it had been recorded. :(

Just a quick heads-up for those that use it ......I picked up a Trojan Horse yesterday from the once-a-week :rolleyes: Itunes update. It is an "Itunes helper object", and my AVG caught it...but just so you know, if you're running something less effective.

Cindy :cryingwlaughter: You must be high! hee

Oh crap..I forgot tickets went on sale today for SYTYCD. Honestly I'm loving the season but I have no favorites - no rooting interest -- no must see people unlike last season when I grabbed on to Joshua right from the start. I better go remind my sister though - it's normally a family event.

Reporting in.....lots of mediocre Elvii, but the good guys seem to be hiding out somewhere until the big show tonight. Oh well, I caught up on my sleep, took some walks in between rain storms, saw my first chipmunk of the season, it's all good. They are really playing up the show tonight with the world champion Elvis. He's the same guy we've seen a few times, and they are right. He's the real deal.

I really hope some more bus clack comes to light from Asheville. But maybe it's because it was so dark, and most people's didn't come out.

From CH, this might explain what Clay was doing in DC:

From Twitter:

JohnsHopkins: Yes, it's true, we're big Clay Aiken fans! Bubel Aiken Foundation partners with JHU @SummerLearning to create camp: http://bit.ly/riItA

The link goes to this announcement in a Chicago area newspaper:

WDSRA selected to pilot summer program

Western DuPage Special Recreation Association has been selected to implement a pilot Summer Learning Program within one partnering Park District summer camp session where inclusion services are requested. The program will be implemented this summer.

Inclusion services provide each child with a disability in the program the opportunity to play, socialize and learn in an all-inclusive environment with their nondisabled peers.

The program is a result of a three-year partnership between The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and the National Center for Summer Learning from John Hopkins University and is supported by grant money from the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation.

Cindy :cryingwlaughter: You must be high! hee

Oh crap..I forgot tickets went on sale today for SYTYCD. Honestly I'm loving the season but I have no favorites - no rooting interest -- no must see people unlike last season when I grabbed on to Joshua right from the start. I better go remind my sister though - it's normally a family event.

couchie... yeah, that ^^^^ Last season was better for excitement. This year they have some really good dancers, but no one has really caught me. Right now, I don't care who wins, but I love to watch the group numbers, especially.

merrieeee... congrats on having your bathrooms back! For a while, you are really going to purr when you go in one. :cryingwlaughter:

luckiest... thanks for bringing that info over. It makes me feel warm all over to read about the good that BAF is doing, knowing I have helped in some way.

I'm working today and the Siebel System 7 is DRIVING ME INSANE!!! Just thought I'd share that, so you know why I am the way I am... LOL

I think the thing with SYTYCD this 'season' is that they are ALL so damn good - nobody really shines. I really love Evan, like lots (it's like watching George O'Malley go Broadway!!) and Ade has emerged as my second favorite. Honestly though, I can only think of one or two dances this whole season that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. I just mute the Jidges and avert my eyes whenever Nigel is on the screen. Heh.

I am puppy sitting for a week. The dog is about 8#'s. She did not like the thunderstorm we had the other night. I have been trying to wear her out so she will sleep at night. We came back from a three mile walk and she is still going strong. After this week I know why I have never had a pet, even when my kids were home.

Spent the morning setting up roping, scrim, and misc stuff at Warwick Hills for the Buick Open next week. Tiger did commit to come so it should be busy. Who knows with the changes at GM this may be our last tourniment. All I know for the next week our little town will be booming.

I think the thing with SYTYCD this 'season' is that they are ALL so damn good - nobody really shines. I really love Evan, like lots (it's like watching George O'Malley go Broadway!!) and Ade has emerged as my second favorite. Honestly though, I can only think of one or two dances this whole season that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. I just mute the Jidges and avert my eyes whenever Nigel is on the screen. Heh.

I've been disappointed with some of the ballroom dances this season - especially the ones this week, which I thought were all too slow. Since it's possible to see the ballroom styles on a regular basis on Dancing with the Stars, I wish SYTYCD would focus more on other types of dance like hip hop, contemporary, and jazz. (Love Sonya's stuff - she usually has some really cool lifts and whatnot.)

Evan is adorable but I think he is sliding through on his "He's so cute! Why is Nigel so mean to him?" appeal now rather than the strength of his dancing in comparison to the other guys. I like Ade, too. Until I saw him do a solo piece a few weeks ago, I thought he was being carried by Melissa, as she always seemed to be so heavily featured in their partnership. I think Ade has really come into his own in the last few weeks, and he may be peaking at just the right time in the competition.

I enjoyed seeing Ramalama again this week - one of my favorite group dances of all time.

Uh, Clay content? He's one of favorite singers of ALL TIME! :flirtysmile3: Plus he dates a dancer.

I agree, bottle - even with the comment about Evan. He's not the best dancer (by far) but he is the only one that I actually care about beyond the dance this time around. And yes, I do hate that they constantly feel the need to point out his height/size/demeanor every. single. time. Come on guys, you put him there. He didn't shrink since the auditions. And yeah, maybe he doesn't smolder like Dmitri, or shake his groove thang like Twitch, but he has entertained me every. single. time.

The few dances I didn't care for were, indeed, ballroom dances, and it wasn't so much 'bad' dancing as boring music and choreography. And the Russian dance was just bad on every level.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ade win at this point - but if I'm being honest (tmSlimon, lol) I think the person who should have probably won went home this week. And I'm not talkin' Jason. ;-)

ETA: *waves* to London peeps!

I'm here!!! Well, I just got here anyway. As some of you know I just recently moved back to Northern California. Today I went on my first EVER trip to IKEA. OMG I love that store!! I really enjoy interior design, particularly comtemporary design and I love to organize. My dream job is to be a professional organizer but that hasn't happened so far. So IKEA was right up my ally. I had a great time just looking at all the displays and may go back again in the future just for entertainment value. LOL! I would love to completely redo my own space but its not in the budget at the moment. I did pick up a few bargains and am thinking I can just freshen things up a bit here and there for the time being.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

I'm with Couchie as far as SYTYCD. I like watching the dancers and the routines but no one sticks out for both talent and personality. Evan is definitely adorable, and he is great dancing in his style. With a partner, he's kind of hit or miss. Ade has been one of my picks though from the beginning. He's got a lot of power and strength, and I love when he does his jumps and flips. I like watching Kayla dance but haven't noticed much as far as personality.

Found this at NNHB but it was brought over from CV. It's from coopersgirl. She'd been at the AI tour and met this woman at her hotel that she had talked to before.

Now for the Clay part of my trip. I stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel, and when we arrived we were told it would be 3 more hours before we could check in. We decided to get some coffee and wait for my niece when this kind familar looking lady ask us if we were going to the concert. I told her yes, and then told her she looked so familar to me, we talked about all the places we have lived, and then she said do you go to concerts alot? I told her I usually only go to Clay Aiken concerts, and she said then that is how we recognize you. I met her in the elevator at Tulsa, she was in charge of making Clay happy and getting him around the city. I told her we had talked before and she had such nice things to say about him that I commented about her on my message board. Then she tells me that He was the sweetest thing ever. She is now the concierge at DoubleTree, she said he kept trying to take care of her while he was there. He would tell her to sit down, go take a nap, Do not wait up all night for me, I am a night owl. She said she didn't get a picture with him because she just doesn't like to bother her guests like that, but she thinks about him often. She was wondering if he was doing anything since he had Parker, " she new his name" This lady was so sweet she introduced us to the General Manager, told him our story, and he said that he was sponcering the state most valuable concierge, or most helpful hotel employee, and she was chosen. He told his people, " get her to sign a contract" She has been there a year, and within 20 minutes we were in our room with a crate full of the best warm chocolate chip cookies I have ever eaten. Plus they bought our Latte's. When we got ready to go to our room she said, " Hey if you see Clay tell him hi for me" rofl_2.gif Like I would be able to speak if I ever did see him. th_ThudMats.gif Her name is Joyce Clark, she said if any of your friends ever stay here tell them to find me and tell me they are fans of Clay and I will treat them right. biggrin2.gif

I just love reading these kinds of stories because it just shows what we already know about Clay. That he is truly one of the good guys.

Well, I don't live in London but I used to live in Linden. I also don't watch SYTYCD, hey it's on FOX. I won't watch that station for political reasons.

Claylove, that's a great occupation. I need a lot of help in that area.My problem is too many projects going on at the same time. Someday I'll get them all done. :rainbowsmile:

Well, I definitely don't watch FOX news for political reasons, and because they are all idiots on there, but I do like a lot of shows on FOX. Still watch AI but it's kind of a hate/love type deal there. Also watch Bones and House, and now Mental, and of course SYTYCD.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ade win at this point - but if I'm being honest (tmSlimon, lol) I think the person who should have probably won went home this week. And I'm not talkin' Jason. ;-)

I agree with this. Can't believe she's gone. I know last year was the year of the hip hop dancers but I miss that this year..yes they've done all right on it but it's been more hip hop light. Of everyone left I guess it's Ade for me.

BWAH Claylove on her ikea love. Yes it's a fun place to go.

Just Clay -- I've been watching Mental..weird thing is that I don't like the cast but they've had great stories and excellent guest cast. I don't know if I'm in it for the long haul.

love the Clay story!

The bathrooms may be done but shopping for new towels etc for three bathrooms is the pits! I ended up buying 8 different colours just because I didn't know what would look best. So at least one of them worked out and now I have to take back the rest and look some more!

I forgot that I have to get everything new because I have never had these colours before and nothing matches. Arrgghh.

I could use someone to come over and coordinate stuff for me!

Bye the way Torchwood is fab!

I'm here!!! Well, I just got here anyway. As some of you know I just recently moved back to Northern California. Today I went on my first EVER trip to IKEA. OMG I love that store!! I really enjoy interior design, particularly comtemporary design and I love to organize. My dream job is to be a professional organizer but that hasn't happened so far. So IKEA was right up my ally. I had a great time just looking at all the displays and may go back again in the future just for entertainment value. LOL! I would love to completely redo my own space but its not in the budget at the moment. I did pick up a few bargains and am thinking I can just freshen things up a bit here and there for the time being.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :-)

Oh believe me, you would not be alone in considering IKEA = Disneyland for adults! :lol: LOVE IKEA, and they always manage to keep it fresh, with lots of great ideas. I have quite the investment in those bookcases of theirs, and much of my living room furniture. :)

Loved that story of coopersgirl's. Yep, sounds like the Clay we know!

Did the little tidbit that he changed his FB avi today to this get brought over?

post-1461-1248579069_thumb.jpg

:GM_FCA:

83 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I thought Clay advised us he doesn't have a public facebook? Or are you saying that Reed changed his avi to a picture of Clay? Colour me confused.

ETA: Never mind, I guess you can see his private facebook avi when he comments on other people's pictures, etc. He apparently made a comment on Sean's employment status, because he still lists Spamalot.

I am puppy sitting for a week. The dog is about 8#'s. She did not like the thunderstorm we had the other night. I have been trying to wear her out so she will sleep at night. We came back from a three mile walk and she is still going strong. After this week I know why I have never had a pet, even when my kids were home.

Oh God, I hear you. Yesterday I was in and out, attending different Elvis things, and the dog was either here alone for a couple of hours, or she was here with the various relatives/friends that stay here for the festival. Well, last night I didn't get in from the show I was attending until about 12:15 am. Puppy was sleeping on the couch but woke up when I came in and wanted to play. I said no way, bedtime, and took her to my room. Well, 3 am she started puking, so I got up, cleaned it up, took her out to pee, and took her back to bed. 4 am, she was still awake, restless, whining, and I thought she was having tummy troubles, so I took her out to pee again, and took her back to bed. No go, she would not settle down. 6 am we came down to the couch, and lo and behold, doesn't she flake out on my lap. WTF. I am exhausted. Thank God I don't have to work today.....what would I say? Sorry, I can't come in, my dog kept me up all night. :cryingwlaughter:

Did the little tidbit that he changed his FB avi today to this get brought over?

If nothing else, this says to me that he's very happy. And I'm happy that he's happy.

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! Noone puts up a happy, smily face as their avi if they aren't....:)

Me too!