#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

tribeca, our FCA auction has not yet taken place :)

I was on the organizing committee, and still have the information; but I think a few things happened, probably:

1. We needed people to help, and not many had the time at that point.

2. Another B/A group was and still is doing auctions on ebay, so it was a bit redundant just then.

3. BAF's name change came up

I'm still able and willing! Couchie, maybe when you get back, you could jump in here and correct me?

4. Someone is drowning in their own mess of a life and sorta let it slip to the cracks despite all good intentions and the fact that a whole heap of said someone's clay stuff for the auction is making a mess in her room. But uh..ok I love your reasons better. :hysterical:

they were having a comparision thread on the AI site (like every year when someone sings Alone).

Anyway, one post said Clay Aiken's was the best

the next post wanted to know if it was available for download somewhere

so I sent her a pm with the youtube clip of Clay singing Alone

here is her answer

Thank you!! I've never seen him in concert, so this is cool. :o) He looks so young and cute in that video.

Fear I didn't bid on it. I promise :)

Off topic:

I know this is OT and a repeat plea but I am so up to my ears in hummus and babba ghanoush it's not funny. I don't know what to do with them, I don't think I can eat them indefinitely, I know they don't freeze well but I can't just toss good food away. Still had some left over from when I got the date wrong and a little bit from the real event tonight as well. *sighs*

On topic:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

:GM_FCA:

79 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Off topic:

I know this is OT and a repeat plea but I am so up to my ears in hummus and babba ghanoush it's not funny. I don't know what to do with them, I don't think I can eat them indefinitely, I know they don't freeze well but I can't just toss good food away. Still had some left over from when I got the date wrong and a little bit from the real event tonight as well. *sighs*

Scarlett, I don't actually know what those are (other than food of oourse), but EVERY city has somewhere that feeds homeless people that will take donations of food. Perhaps that's an option?

If you use the "Log in" link (tiny print, directly underneath the banner), a new page appears where you can fill in your login name and password. You also get an option to "remember me" and an option to "log on as invisible."

Scarlett, I'm with jazzgirl -- take the food to work. There's always someone who missed breakfast...or has no time for lunch...

How to hide my profile of when I log in, cause I wanna be invisible when I'm logged in the boards. :'(

That's so soulsista4clay can watch us in our threads.

nice Clay mention here

http://aimzones.aol.com/

Reality stars cash in (i like the picture :) nice eyes)

(have to scroll down to where the picture of Elizabeth (not going to attempt that last name) from the view

Clay Aiken

Show: American Idol 2

As the runner-up in Season 2 of Idol, Aiken easily outsold winner Rubben Studdard with his debut album 'Measure of a Man'. He has since released four more albums and a greatest hits collection. He has also appeared on Broadway in 'Monty Python's Spamalot' and toured extensively.

Also for top chef fans there are few of them in this article as well :)

So do we get to know what/where he posted?

Oh, it was no big deal! Aron got new glasses, posted some pics of him in those and Clay added a comment saying he liked them....and one on Aron's photo album of his new baby girl...saying he liked her even more. :lol:

:GM_FCA:

78 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow.

This sure seems like the longest time we've gone without seeing or hearing from Clay. I understand the supposed angst that goes along with this -- I believe that some got used to what I see as a constant barrage of information from Clay, especially around the first few years of his show business career. Add to this the information that as we (royal) know it now, Clay doesn't have a recording contract behind him. So, in that respect, I can understand.

And yet...

Gosh. I want Clay happy. And if that means staying out of the spotlight, and away from his fans, for a while, I say "more power to him." As much as I joke about it, it's not all about me -- it's always been about Clay.

Go ahead. Call me an "angelwinger." Call me "pollyanna."

I have faith in Clay, and when he returns, bigger and badder than ever, I have every confidence that he'll be in good shape with his career. And even better shape with his life. Physically, though? We'll have to see if maybe chasing Parker around (now that he should be just about walking!) has helped him get into shape! LOL.

In the meantime...

I, along with a few of the mods/admins here, have been cooking up a game. Remember about a year ago, when the Lecherous Broads did a tourney for the "best clack?" Well, this will be similar -- except it will be using pictures! bottlecap, jmh and I have been raiding our photo stashes, and have picked out 64 pictures to vote on. Yes, we know -- after you see the pictures, some will be like "you didn't pick my favorite picture EVAH!" Well...we tried. And obviously, there are just TOO many pictures to go around.

Anyway, I am looking to start the tourney on Monday, August 3. It will be a "bracket" tourney, just like what the Broads did. I believe each pairing will be up for 24 hours, although that has yet to be set in stone. The tourney will be located in the Fun and Games section of this board, and I will link to each tourney day on the main thread. More details will be forthcoming over the weekend!

Hey pollyanna, I mean angelwinger, er ldyjocelyn, sounds like a fun game. I will definitely participate.

I'm not around the boards as much due to that part time job which keeps growing and our interior house painting , but still as big a fan as ever and waiting for something else I can plan to attend.

Off to lunch with some friends today at a local cafe. My husband is having lunch with our youngest son at a local winery and organic farm. I told him to get some veggies while he's there.

Have a great afternoon. :twinklewhore:

Haven't been posting much..got some not so good "stuff" going on right now but i'll participate even though I know that a certain someone will have my least fave pic there.

That's going to be a lot of fun, ldyj!!! Looking forward to it!

Haven't been posting much..got some not so good "stuff" going on right now but i'll participate even though I know that a certain someone will have my least fave pic there.
*holds merrieeee v. tightly*

:helloFCA: