#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

FromClaygary Could you come down to Houston? We need rain really badly! We are on water restrictions and I can only water my lawn on Saturdays & Wednesdays. I hear brown is the new green!

Ahhh, I'm so there! I feel like I haven't even had a summer this year, and I LOVE Houston...it's been 6 yrs or so since I've been down your way. Love Galveston, Foley's and that huge mall in Katy...and of course Galleria! How could I forget Galleria!

Be right there! :lol:*I wish......*

Oh, Lordy, I'm so out of it! Happy Birthday to all the birthday women whose special day I might have missed.!

I'm in Providence, RI, on business for the whole week. I just got outside for a walk for the first time in two days. :onFire: I'm getting to old for this. :huh: THe weather has been great but I'm not getting too many chances to enjoy it. We have a dinner cruise scheduled on the Narragansett Bay Thursday, so hopefully any rain will hold off until after that!

I walked around this little town and found myself in front of the Providence Center for the Performing Arts, where I saw Clay in a holiday concert once. So long ago. It feels so long ago. I miss him. I miss how it used to be---the feeling I remember. I'm sure Clay has lots more surprises and wonder in store for us....I just miss him.

Alrighty, then! And that will be that for the maudlin trip down memory lane! I have to do some prep work for tomorrow's set of workshops, but just wanted to stop in and say :th74:

wait...I mean, I just wanted to stop in and say :naughty2:

Oh, crap...what I'm trying to say is.... :helloFCA:

:GM_FCA:

Rainstorm during the night and our power went out; good thing my inner clock always wakes me up at 6:00 a.m. and I don't need an alarm clock. Power just came back on about 15 minutes ago. I hate having to re-set everything.

94 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Beautiful morning here but we are suppose to have storms later. I hate coming home from vacation and catching up. Yesterday I worked and today it is laundry, grocery shopping, and other errands. Checking in once in a while in case a certain handsome man decides to make an appearance.

Where the freakin' hell is everyone?????

I just had a lovely lunch with Claymatron discussing gala plans. I am so excited to get this show on the road! Less than a month now until ticket sales. Still haven't booked my flights but I'm getting closer, I think. Just waiting for luckiestdaughter's school schedule to be released on Friday.

Favourite quote of the day:

Walking isn't a lost art: one must, by some means, get to the garage.

Bwah! Perfect segue (although I wish I had a Segway!) to what happened to me yesterday.....

My truck would not run due to evil electrical-connectal demon-spawned problemos.

So I walked 4.8 miles home.

97 degrees, Florida-style.

In FitFlops. Which are designed to keep you always a little bit off-balanced with each step, to force you to use all your leg and waistage-area (ok, butt) muscles.

Dang. On a fitness scale, I am at the bottom, where it says "sentient pudding".

I lurve my FitFlops, but now I will make sure I have some sort of sneakers or whatever in my truck, I can hardly walk to the garage (well, driveway) today.

sockspic.jpg

bottle... kewl! Love those sock and the sock-wearin' man in them!

Psst I'm here!

Favourite quote of the day:

Walking isn't a lost art: one must, by some means, get to the garage.

merrieeee.... BWAH!

muski.... liney waves in your general direction!!! One day our man will come... oh wait... snigger!

djs... ouch! I think I am a tiny bit above sentient pudding... the other day, I had to wrap a birthday present and had to use the floor. It didn't take me very long, but the next day my butt muscles hurt sooo bad that I groaned everytime I had to use them. Out of shape... naw! :cryingwlaughter:

Greetings, FCA! :thbighug-1:

Belated Happy :bdayparty2:Birthday

to kimiye and jmh123! :bdayparty2:

This has been a wild week; but as the "queen of procrastination," I finally set up a new laptop that has been sitting in my den for two months. In a new Carolina On My Mind blog, LAP & LACIE recount the past few days, featuring SueRue's "Everything I Don't Need" montage and six new graphics by AmazingCA. This is one of them:

th_ACA_5gs1.jpg

Clickable by AmazingCA,

Photos by fivegoldens

Vista/Windows 8/Blogger apparently have issues with the Feedjit "live feed," so I have taken it off. Hopefully, a solution is near; but I have been using the Mozilla browser just to be safe. Thank you for all your visits and comments in the Clay blogs. :wub:

Hope y'all have a wonderful week! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Hear that...that is the sound of silence...kids are gone and took the dog with him...hubby is sleeping, cat is sleeping and I have the house to myself....It is Clack time!!!

Been watching videos from the NAT tour...forgot what a fun show that was...Gus singing his version of The Way to Clay in Iowa...the red velvet or was it corduroy in Springfield, Mass...YGAF in Rhode Island when Waldo just couldn't contain himself..."I Knew You Were Waiting"...totally forgot about that song and how Angie and Clay were rocking out to it...the blue Indian looking shirt, that I think some thought looked like a maternity shirt...Clay emerging from the "spaceship"...so many other moments...I was just smiling and singing along!

Off to see what other treasures are lurking in my desk drawer....

Kim

Hi y'all!!! Just drove back from my guild meeting and it's so hot out there! I'm all thumbs from seeing the beautimous craft pieces at show-and-tell!

On topic: :Iluvclaysbutt:

ETA: Belated HBD, kimiye!!!

:happybirthday05:

EATA: I know I can comment on how I'm already on topic just by using the words "beautimous", "craft", "pieces" and "show-and-tell" but I'm being good today.

EYATA: {{{desertrose}}} I hope things get fixed soon!!!

Hee I'm all alone, so all alone, all by myself................

Where is everyone?

I am having my counter tops installed today. It is borrrring! The water is turned off so I cant do much of anything! I've d/l all my old CDs to iTunes and even bought a couple. I'm getting desperate here!

Hi Merrieeee,

I have water but no working toilet. Yes, no working toilet! I am remodeling my two bathrooms, and I told them that I needed them to work one at a time because I did not want to be without shower or toilet. Well, the first bathroom they worked in did not come out right and they have to redo some stuff. Instead of finishing that bathroom, they tore out the tile that was not right, but did not replace the tile. They went on to work on the other bathroom, and took out that toilet. They did put the first toilet back, but it did not work right. It started to overflow, and it gurgled all night. The next day after they left my house at 6PM, they called me and told me that they had forgotten to tell me that they had turned the water off the one installed toilet because they had broken the float and they feared that it would flood the house.

I told the man, "What am I supposed to do, go outside and use the bushes?" He said you can use the toilet, after you are done, turn the water on half way, wait till the tank fills and then you can flush. After you flush, then you have to turn the water back off.

It takes forever for the tank to fill if the valve is only turned on halfway, so I turned it all the way and then I heard noises in the pipe that scared me so now I have resorted to using a bucket of water that I fill in the bathtub so I can flush. At least I have a bathtub so I can take a bath.

All I can do is laugh at the situation, even though it is not funny. I try to improve my old bathrooms, and now I have no bathroom. To make matters worse my workmen had a minor traffic accident and could not come today. They are supposed to come tomorrow, Thursday and finish by Friday. Maybe I should start digging the hole for my outhouse. It is hot enough in Houston to shower with the hose outside. I am beginning to think indoor plumbing is highly overrated.

BTW, they started Monday of last week. This is the second week. I have this horrible mess in my house because it is very dusty work.

Sorry for my novel, I just had to vent!

Wow what a saga desertrose! I am just having the vanity tops replaced and the wallpaper stripped and Venetian Plaster applied. They started on Monday and the work will be finished on Friday. Then I have to find new towels etc. That will take me longer than getting the work done.

:hello: everyone, Happy Belated Birthday jmh, I see I missed it yesterday. Hope you had a good one!

Just got back home from Labrador, and yup! You guessed it! It's raining here! :hysterical: Guess I should be glad it's not the white stuff!

Yep, Scarlett and merrieeee, I think even my thinking about Houston last night may cause rain to fall in your area for days....let me know if it worked! :lol:

EEK, I'm not caught up yet, but I wanted to say :happybirthday01: to jmh123!!!