#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

ldjy, your new game made me think of something. We have a vault for videos and mp3's & mp4's, and the FCA media archive has audio. We each have our individual pb, smugmug & flickr accounts but there isn't a searchable index of pictures. Over the years (and I hope everyone here fully expects to have several more decades worth of pictures), something more organized will be needed.

How difficult would it be to add a tagged picture library to the FCA media archive so that 20 years from now, people will be able to bring up the "snowflake" picture instantly?

(sorry merrieeee -- it was just an example!)

ldjy, your new game made me think of something. We have a vault for videos and mp3's & mp4's, and the FCA media archive has audio. We each have our individual pb, smugmug & flickr accounts but there isn't a searchable index of pictures. Over the years (and I hope everyone here fully expects to have several more decades worth of pictures), something more organized will be needed.

How difficult would it be to add a tagged picture library to the FCA media archive so that 20 years from now, people will be able to bring up the "snowflake" picture instantly?

(sorry merrieeee -- it was just an example!)

You know Scarlett that's a great idea. I had thought at one point that it would be great to have a zip folder of the pics that have been posted per venue/event/etc. I suggested it at one point (not at FCA) but it never flew. Of course this is purely selfish and lazy on my part, it would save me a lot of right clicking, BUT I think too, it would give a back up to the photogs (like we do the videographers) just one more safe place to have this history stored.

gg, I think the most important part is how we tag them. We need to use things that make sense to us.

There will be standard dimensions (don't mind me, I'm just being data-modeler-nerdy) like event, date, location

but we also need to be able to ask for things like - with Angela, snowflake (sorry again merrieeee), white belt, etc)

Speaking of pictures... August's calendar...

th_AUG09REG.jpg

Whaddyamean 'do I miss him?'

:whistling-1:

Various versions here

Thanks cindilu2 stupdendous as always. I am sure you don't miss him. The fact that we spent last evening watching clack rather than going out and watching some other entertainer in the park. That's normal isn't it???? WELLLL ISN'T IT???? :cryingwlaughter:

Speaking of pictures... August's calendar...

th_AUG09REG.jpg

Whaddyamean 'do I miss him?'

:whistling-1:

Various versions here

Thanks cindilu2 stupdendous as always. I am sure you don't miss him. The fact that we spent last evening watching clack rather than going out and watching some other entertainer in the park. That's normal isn't it???? WELLLL ISN'T IT???? :cryingwlaughter:

Sounds perfectly normal to me!! I spent last night watching the Best of Sterling Heights videos. What?!?!? That isn't what most people do on Friday nights to unwind after a long week?????? *g*

ANNA

:birthday9: <-----The bear must be hiding 'cause no bear for Annabear just ain't right. :partytime2:

:pushingcake::pushingcake::pushingcake::pushingcake:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of the most clever, most generous, and sweetest people I know. You were one of the first friends I ever made through TBAF fundraising, and I really lucked out! Your friendship is such a blessing. Love you dear bear lady! I hope that today, and the years to come, bring you everything that your heart wishes. :starhugs:

:happybirthday04::happybirthday04:

Happy Saturday, FCA! :thbighug-1:

I'm claiming an ounce of credit for cindilu2's beautiful new calendar because early this morning I started hinting that today just might be August 1. :whistling-1:

Seriously, BP-inducing graphics by AmazingCA, Fountaindawg, and Cindy are featured in the new Carolina On My Mind blog entry. Gazing at photos of Clay can send a fan's blood pressure soaring. Unfortunately, mine bounced upward at a semi-annual cardiology exam.

Thank you for your visits and comments in the Clay blogs. The activity helps them stay near the top of Google searches. :wub:

th_birthdaycake2.gifHappy Birthday to Annabear!

Have a wonderful weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen: