#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

:GE_FCA:

Today the Carolina On My Mind blog is celebrating President Obama's 48th birthday with two Clay Aiken montages -- "An Obama Love Story: Something About Us" by Maplestik and "President Obama: I Will Cary You" by LovesClaysVoice.

There is much more, including a comment by the rector of the Irish church where President Obama's great-grandfather was baptized. You can imagine how surprised I was to hear from the Irish priest in the blog! :)

Happy Birthday to Claylove and the Prez! :bdayparty2:

Love the photo polls! :nanalove:

Wonderful news out of North Korea! :)

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Claylove..., :bdayparty2: :bdayparty2: Oh, and President Obama, too!

Boy, today's poll absolutely was harder than yesterday's. Whew, what a tough decision. I had to stare at those two pictures for... like... forever!!!

Poor me, right???

:cryingwlaughter:

:pushingcake::happybirthday01: Claylove!!

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the lovely birthday wishes. I have never found a board that I felt particularly at home at before this one, so it means a lot to me.

georgiesmybaby, that has got to be the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me. **sniff** You are the best!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I am loving the photo game :-)

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the lovely birthday wishes. I have never found a board that I felt particularly at home at before this one, so it means a lot to me.

georgiesmybaby, that has got to be the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me. **sniff** You are the best!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I am loving the photo game :-)

:starhugs:

And thank you ldyj for the really fun photo game. :starhugs: Which is here. Don't forget to vote.

ETA: Paula announced she will not return to Idol.

They should make Clay a fourth judge.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Good Morning Everyone,

Day 3 of the "Big Week"...is today the day?

3....er...4....5 Days until YET?:yahoo:

73 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

liney, there WILL be blond pictures in the photo tourney, I promise!

Speaking of which...

Go here for today's tourney matchup!

Yesterday's tourney was much closer than the previous day's, but the winner finally pulled away by evening:

GMAgetty8clean.jpg

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the tournament so far!

___

Nice article about Quiana:

Quiana Parler Gets Groovy at Voodoo

"There really isn't a style category that I feel like I fit into," says Charleston-based vocalist Quiana Parler. "I guess you can say my style and my band style is like gumbo. I've always listened to everything — jazz, pop, R&B, gospel, and Latin music — and I've kind of found a way to mix all these styles together and come up with the sound that I have today."

West Ashley's Voodoo Tiki Bar and Lounge concludes its summer jazz series with Parler and her band this Tuesday. An independent entertainer with an easy-going demeanor and great command of each tune, Parler is perhaps best known in town for her American Idol audition, as well as her recent work with Clay Aiken as a backup singer.

Seven years ago, Parler, a native of Harleyville, made her first big splash in town performing in Calvin Gilmore's Serenade show on John Street in the late '90s. She went on to work as the lead vocalist in Latin-jazz group Brazil. In the last four years, Parler gradually established herself as an independent entertainer with an easy-going demeanor and great command of each tune. Parler's dazzling performances have been the bright highlights of many local cabaret shows and special events.

Currently she performs weekly gigs with a backing band comprised of Stephen Washington on piano, J.T. Rollerson on drums, and Vonny Green on electric bass, with frequent guest players, too.

"We are a high-energy party band that ranges in size from four to 11 pieces," Parler says. "When we do perform publicly, we use my core group. This is our second time at Voodoo, and we plan to get people up and dancing. I've never made a setlist for any of my events because I like to feel the crowd out once I'm onstage. Every event is different, and every crowd is different. I think that's what makes this band so unique. We do everything from Herbie Hancock, Tina Turner, Toto to Journey. This is what you can expect at Voodoo. Bring your dancing shoes!"

liney, thank you for posting those blonde pics. Really, they are all terrific but the one with him from waist up with the sweater, so drool worthy, hunky.

I listen to a philly npr station that plays alternative music. wxpn, they stream www.xpn.org and it is truly a terrific station. They are hugely into promoting singer/songwriters( I admit getting tired of that sometimes) and clay's music does not fit their genre. (An exception is their superb Sleepy Hollow segment every sunday morning (6 am to 11 am EST) where they play an ecelectic blend of movie music, standards, and contemporary "mood" music- "something about us" would fit well, possibly LAA).

Anyhoo xpn is sponsoring their ten desert disc contest. They are asking listeners to submit songs that they, if they were stranded on an island, they would want to have with them. songs they will not tire of. I am really bad at figuring out personal lists. I know I want Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London on there and probably Respect by Aretha Franklin. And I need a Bonnie Raitt in there. But of course I must include a clay song. I am thinking I want a song that really showcases his amazing voice and many different aspects of it. I keep coming back to "Without You" and for a non-recorded song "Carolina In My Mind" or more recently the "Right Here Waiting" from the gala.

I am curious about what people's choices might be for desert island discs, clay and non-clay selections.

liney, thank you for posting those blonde pics. Really, they are all terrific but the one with him from waist up with the sweater, so drool worthy, hunky.

I listen to a philly npr station that plays alternative music. wxpn, they stream www.xpn.org and it is truly a terrific station. They are hugely into promoting singer/songwriters( I admit getting tired of that sometimes) and clay's music does not fit their genre. (An exception is their superb Sleepy Hollow segment every sunday morning (6 am to 11 am EST) where they play an ecelectic blend of movie music, standards, and contemporary "mood" music- "something about us" would fit well, possibly LAA).

Anyhoo xpn is sponsoring their ten desert disc contest. They are asking listeners to submit songs that they, if they were stranded on an island, they would want to have with them. songs they will not tire of. I am really bad at figuring out personal lists. I know I want Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London on there and probably Respect by Aretha Franklin. And I need a Bonnie Raitt in there. But of course I must include a clay song. I am thinking I want a song that really showcases his amazing voice and many different aspects of it. I keep coming back to "Without You" and for a non-recorded song "Carolina In My Mind" or more recently the "Right Here Waiting" from the gala.

I am curious about what people's choices might be for desert island discs, clay and non-clay selections.

Definitely WY would be one of the Clay songs. ALAWH is another as is practically all of OMWH. Although I don't remember the names of some of the songs, I was on an Elvis Costello kick about six or seven years ago and about two years ago I went on a Johnny Mathis binge. James Taylor is another of whom I have quite few cds. I went on a Celia Cruse (?) thing for a while along with Tito Puente. And I can't forget all the KD Lang cds I bought. There was, also, my zydeco phase. We only listened to John Prine and his wonderful story songs for a while. And when I am alone for three or more hours, I'll listen to entire Operas.

When I go to the gym I hear more than enough current music and to be quite honest, I can't think of any of these sounds I enjoy. Basically I hear the beat to keep in step or in time to the weight moves but the songs aren't memorable to me.

I'm thinking Clay must be very disappointed in our current detective skills lately :cryingwlaughter:

I wonder why we have seen nothing in the way of leaks or clues if there is real news coming? *scratches ass head*

Can't Clay feel the heat of several hundred women breathing down his neck at the OFC, waiting for him to post something - anything?!? By now, Clay's probably gone to take a post-lunch nap with Parker, and he's forgotten he's still logged on to the OFC.

Maybe if we all chant in unison: "SPILL IT! SPILL IT! SPILL IT!", he'll get the hint. :soon:

From cablegirl at CV:

I didn't see this posted anywhere but this is Clay reading the Arthur story for that Speakaboo thing

http://www.speakaboos.com/story/arthur_computer_disaster

It's really cute.

And something different is happening when you click on the OFC right now. It's a video with the BAF logo and a new name/url. :) Don't click if you don't wanna know yet! But maybe this is his big news. Or the beginning of it?