#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

I almost took your quote over to CH this morning, then thought better of it. :P

I think it's very relevant to the conversation over there, so I wish you would. Aron is the voice of the Project, so his thoughts should matter.

Ok, I have posted it over there.

I have recently entered the world of Facebook...have no clue what I am doing; but I wanted to be a fan of the Inclusion Project, so I bit the bullet and joined up.

Just look for Glinda, The Good Witch, that is me! Didn't want to use a real picture and since I am an Ozophile...I thought it was appropriate...figured I would scare people off if used the Wicked Witch! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

THAT's why FB is down....it was Glinda, the good witch!! :hysterical:

I have recently entered the world of Facebook...have no clue what I am doing; but I wanted to be a fan of the Inclusion Project, so I bit the bullet and joined up.

Just look for Glinda, The Good Witch, that is me! Didn't want to use a real picture and since I am an Ozophile...I thought it was appropriate...figured I would scare people off if used the Wicked Witch! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

THAT's why FB is down....it was Glinda, the good witch!! :hysterical:

Nah...probably the Munchkins! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

And it was reported that Clay is online...can't check OFC, so don't know if he is still there.

Kim

treenuts, just read what you said over at CH and I'm going to hell right along with you so at least you'll have company.

Wow.

This sure seems like the longest time we've gone without seeing or hearing from Clay. I understand the supposed angst that goes along with this -- I believe that some got used to what I see as a constant barrage of information from Clay, especially around the first few years of his show business career. Add to this the information that as we (royal) know it now, Clay doesn't have a recording contract behind him. So, in that respect, I can understand.

And yet...

Gosh. I want Clay happy. And if that means staying out of the spotlight, and away from his fans, for a while, I say "more power to him." As much as I joke about it, it's not all about me -- it's always been about Clay.

Go ahead. Call me an "angelwinger." Call me "pollyanna."

I have faith in Clay, and when he returns, bigger and badder than ever, I have every confidence that he'll be in good shape with his career. And even better shape with his life. Physically, though? We'll have to see if maybe chasing Parker around (now that he should be just about walking!) has helped him get into shape! LOL.

In the meantime...

I, along with a few of the mods/admins here, have been cooking up a game. Remember about a year ago, when the Lecherous Broads did a tourney for the "best clack?" Well, this will be similar -- except it will be using pictures! bottlecap, jmh and I have been raiding our photo stashes, and have picked out 64 pictures to vote on. Yes, we know -- after you see the pictures, some will be like "you didn't pick my favorite picture EVAH!" Well...we tried. And obviously, there are just TOO many pictures to go around.

Anyway, I am looking to start the tourney on Monday, August 3. It will be a "bracket" tourney, just like what the Broads did. I believe each pairing will be up for 24 hours, although that has yet to be set in stone. The tourney will be located in the Fun and Games section of this board, and I will link to each tourney day on the main thread. More details will be forthcoming over the weekend!

Sounds like fun. This is to remind me of where I left off, lol. Page 24. Check. I might have some games for the Fun and Games area. :whistling-1:

Leaving in a few to have supper with Goldarngirl and FromClaygary! :hello:

:bolt:

:canfly:

I knew it would happen... I missed Round 3, but the picture I liked the best won, so all is well. :cryingwlaughter:

The news about the Foundation /Project is wonderful! I'm sorry for some that the news was not career-related, but I know he'll have some career news for us when he has some career news for us. teehee!

I LOVED that picture of him and Diane. LOVED the hair, LOVED the sweater and the way he had the cuffs turned back and pushed up so his forearms showed. I sure hope he wears that to entertain us at some point in time. S.W.O.O.N.

It's only been six months since Spamalot ended. I'm ok with him not having something for us just yet.... sorta! :cryingwlaughter: Course, I'll be even ok'er when his "soon" happens and we have something to look forward to. Thank goodness for the Gala. He has a lot to live up to after last year's Gala. That was fantastic in all respects! I listen to that cd all the time!

QUOTE (ldyjocelyn @ Jul 31 2009, 09:45 AM)

Wow.

This sure seems like the longest time we've gone without seeing or hearing from Clay. I understand the supposed angst that goes along with this -- I believe that some got used to what I see as a constant barrage of information from Clay, especially around the first few years of his show business career. Add to this the information that as we (royal) know it now, Clay doesn't have a recording contract behind him. So, in that respect, I can understand.

And yet...

Gosh. I want Clay happy. And if that means staying out of the spotlight, and away from his fans, for a while, I say "more power to him." As much as I joke about it, it's not all about me -- it's always been about Clay.

Go ahead. Call me an "angelwinger." Call me "pollyanna."

You can only be an 'angelwinger' if you believe that Clay does not have a 'wanger' or if he does, has only used it to pee in an acceptable vessel. No sex and no pissing his name in the snow for him.

Have fun at dinner. I'll be going out with MR. Fear so there won't be very much Clay talk tonight. We are trying another restaurant at a vinyard nearby, actually in a tiny town called East Bend. I'm too lazy to call them so we may end up with pizza. Hay, I had a busy day working. :breakpc2:

Ummm, there are a few more of us coming than just them, you know! ;) See ya there. :twinklewhore:

Hope you all have a great time!

I had a wonderful dinner at the vineyard. Our waiter was funny and very helpful. Very bucolic site. We'll probably go back.

So the Claynation is once again angsty. :mockery-046: Whatever! Life is too short to worry. Clay sounded so excited about the changes going on at the National Inclusion Project that it must really be fulfilling to him and that is very important. :bliss2-1:

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I did some creative cropping to make a desktop picture of just Clay:

clay_project_crop.jpg

How can anybody look at that face and angst? I mean, just look at him.

I defy you to look at it and not smile. And if you tell me you did, I don't believe you!

:imgtongue:

And the lashes! Gahhhh, how I love those lashes.

Ummm, there are a few more of us coming than just them, you know! ;) See ya there. :twinklewhore:

Hope you had fun, wish I could have joined you lol!

No, I didn't know, lol. I wasn't dissin' ya. I had no idea.

I was so surprised (and pleasantly so) when I got to the restaurant and saw all of ya! :thbighug-1: I had NO idea you, Cindilu2 or Heinz were going! I just thought that GDG had invited me to join her and FromClaygary for Supper.

I almost didn't even know about THAT, lol. I missed the Facebook info. I just went hunting and I swear...I got no notification re: your posts on Heinz's wall re: the dinner that I was just looking at. Wonder if some are going to junk mail?

In anycase, it was nice seeing everybody! :hello:

So nice to see savagal and alspazz again tonight!!! :hello:

Alspaz??? Really? I asked today if anybody had heard from her! Alspaz! Where ya bin! Ya missed the supper!

I haven't posted this anywhere else because I'd hate to see a brouhaha and we all know how some people are, but I asked Aron about acronyms, and whether they have a designated acronym for the National Inclusion Project. His reply:

"Trying to avoid the acronym. Go with National Inclusion Project or Project."

Aron Hall

Director Services

National Inclusion Project

www.inclusionproject.org

So, just thought I'd throw that out to the universe as an FYI, and maybe we can discreetly let people know the Foundation's preference on the subject.

:hangin:

Thanks for this! I have read some really stupid stuff about the acronym already. :whistling-1: God, some people amaze me. (Hee, does anyone remember Clay's definition of "amaze"? Think Asheville DCAT.)

I had no idea until yesterday but yeah according to a friend of mine, it used to be a derogatory word for a certain ethnicity. I'd never heard it before.

I'll have to come back to catch up tomorrow...it's 3:44am, lol. :offtobed:

:GM_FCA:

Have an all day in-service at the Library today, so I will be offline all day. Fridays are normally my day off so this is really messing up my schedule...going to be a short week-end.

71 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim