#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Good morning all!

The latest photo tourney poll is here!

Yesterday's winner actually surprised me a bit...

Misty.jpg

Tonight I leave for a family reunion. I will have the laptop with me, but I may not be posting the photos for the tourney as early as I have been. I'll try my best to have them up by a decent hour though!

Happy TGIF, FCA! :hello:

Loving the photo polls! :clay:

I didn't know about the distressing connotation for "N I P" until I read posts here and at CV last night. By then, I had posted a blog with this set of letters in the headline. I hope the National Inclusion Project comes up with a good acronym. TBAF has come in handy many times when having to fit a headline into a certain amount of characters.

Many thnx to those who have visited Carolina On My Mind. The group of us who write about Clay work hard to keep the positive news out there. Your comments/visits create activity and help keep the blogs in the forefront for Google searches. Thnx for your support! :wub:

Have an awesome weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

:helloFCA:

newsflash.gif

I know, I'm late with the congratulations to Clay on the National Inclusion Project, but one never knows who might have missed this wonderful news!

It is sharing the other exciting news of the weekend--Parker's First Birthday!!

How I'd love to see a birthday picture or two--hint, hint to Clay, LOL.

Ashes Clay the Man: Celebrations with Clay and Family

Have a great weekend!

mademyday.gif

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I did some creative cropping to make a desktop picture of just Clay:

clay_project_crop.jpg

claylove.... THANKS!!! I put that on my desktop so fast Clay got whiplash! :cryingwlaughter:

ldyj... I wasn't surprised that picture won yesterday. I still get teary eye'd when I watch that Wilkes-Barre Measure of a Man performance and see Clay get all choked up. The other one was hotter, but that one just has such an emotional connection for me.

Regarding acronyms, I would ban acronyms from all public speech and text -- if I were king of the forest.

I worked for a multi-national for quite a few years and there were hundreds of acronyms that came and went and keeping up with them could have been a full-time job. There was a RAG group and an OOPSIE group and even a LOCO. There was a NIP and a PIT and a FARC. When I left that place I vowed to never use acronyms again. Of course, my vow was broken with the titles of Clay's songs, especially ones such as IYDKNBN and IWTKWLI and WYSYLM.

I'd much rather hear the National Inclusion Project called The Project, or Inclusion Project, or National Inclusion Project -- anything but another damned acronym! ARGHHHH! There's always the FBI/CIA-type abbreviations -- Natinpro or Inclupro -- but that would be even worse.

Please, God, let's just have it be the Inclusion Project. I'm begging you!

Regarding acronyms, I would ban acronyms from all public speech and text -- if I were king of the forest.

You'll never be king of the forest, honey, because you're much cuter than this guy!

ozcowardlylion.jpg

but not this guy:

clay_project_crop.jpg

Yeah, it seems to me they had so many options with the new name that choosing one with potential hyper-politically correct problems could have been avoided. But the new website is awesome.

Maybe I haven't traveled in the wrong circles, but I can't recall having heard "Nip" used as a racial term, or any other derogatory inference, in my life. From being a crossworder, I know that Nippon is another name for the Land of the Rising Sun, but that's about it. I've heard "Nip" used as a slang for a taste of whiskey -- with nothing untoward about it, but that just tells you something about my kinfolk!

I remember when I was much younger hearing talk about "Japs" and thinking that was a derogatory reference to Japanese, only to find out it was a derogatory reference to "Jewish American Princesses." I don't pretend to be in-the-know about derogatory terminology, so I suppose that unless it's profane or a well-known slur, I won't "cop" to it.

Anyway, my jowls are starting to sag .... Bert Lahr may be cuter.

I remember when I was much younger hearing talk about "Japs" and thinking that was a derogatory reference to Japanese, only to find out it was a derogatory reference to "Jewish American Princesses."
It is derogatory to both groups of people. The first use usually included other negatively descriptive words. It was racially charged and interchangeable with the previously discussed acronym. Growing up during WWII meant I heard both words used. The fact that it was derogatory to one ethnic group made it "more fun", if you think that sort of thing is fun, to use it to make fun of another group.

I keep hoping and praying that one day war and hatred will be obsolete, with no need to create enemies, and no need to use dehumanizing language. Hasn't happened yet, (as many country songs bear witness to .... Toby Keith, I'm talking to YOU!)

I worked for a multi-national for quite a few years and there were hundreds of acronyms that came and went and keeping up with them could have been a full-time job. There was a RAG group and an OOPSIE group and even a LOCO. There was a NIP and a PIT and a FARC

OOPSIE - good one.

I once worked on a project that was referred to as OMPITS.

I worked for a multi-national for quite a few years and there were hundreds of acronyms that came and went and keeping up with them could have been a full-time job. There was a RAG group and an OOPSIE group and even a LOCO. There was a NIP and a PIT and a FARC. When I left that place I vowed to never use acronyms again. Of course, my vow was broken with the titles of Clay's songs, especially ones such as IYDKNBN and IWTKWLI and WYSYLM.

I'd much rather hear the National Inclusion Project called The Project, or Inclusion Project, or National Inclusion Project -- anything but another damned acronym! ARGHHHH! There's always the FBI/CIA-type abbreviations -- Natinpro or Inclupro -- but that would be even worse.

Please, God, let's just have it be the Inclusion Project. I'm begging you!

When the new name got leaked 2 or 3 months back, I remember immediately thinking that I didn't really like it because of the "National" part. To me, it seemed that the name was excluding countries other than the USA....so to me, as a Canadian, it was giving an organization all about Inclusion, a name which was, itself....exclusionary.

Just my little pet peeve, which will likely land me a :smack: upside the head from somebody.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I did some creative cropping to make a desktop picture of just Clay:

clay_project_crop.jpg

I like it! :clap:

Anybody remember that sweater and what colour the stripes are or is it a new one?

Well, Grandma used to call children 'little nippers'...

That term is in common use over here as well (if a little old fashioned).

Also the junior volunteer lifesavers are called nippers - I have two nephews who are nippers in the summer.

It is also in used as the name for a measure of spirits ie a nip of whiskey or rum :trink3: (Hey KF!).....or Kahlua yuummm......

I have heard it used in a derogatory way for certain nationalities but I feel that it is dying out , especially in my area since we have such a lot of tourism and immigration . It is a bit jarring to hear that kind of talk when the "country cousins" come to visit.

I have failed every contest about remembering Clay's clothing so as far as I'm concerned the sweater looks new to me. The photo must have been in May or so as I haven't worn a sweater since then. The weather just doesn't require one, especially outdoors in NC. :8: Nice picture though.

I have failed every contest about remembering Clay's clothing so as far as I'm concerned the sweater looks new to me. The photo must have been in May or so as I haven't worn a sweater since then. The weather just doesn't require one, especially outdoors in NC. :8: Nice picture though.

Since when has that ever stopped Clay from wearing a sweater (or two) ????

:cryingwlaughter:

Since when has that ever stopped Clay from wearing a sweater (or two) ????

:cryingwlaughter:

Or three.

Well, ya OK... a couple of shirts and a sweater.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Haven't felt like posting much as real life "stuff" has gone from not good to bad! Oh well this too shall pass.

I miss Clay and touring with my buddies...who I miss a whole lot.

I love the new name of the charity and as well as being proud of Clay et al I am so proud of the Clay Nation too. A lot of us knew the name but did not let on...quite a feat for us don'tcha think?

{{{{{merrieeee}}}}} :hugs-1:

Permaswooned!!! Glad to see you posting! I need to talk to you because we had an unfinished project last year -- an inspirational book to inform others about Unicef, with links that lead to the official site. If you have some time, I would like to get the pages you designed up and published. If anyone else has some pages to add to the book and/or further ideas, please post them on the thread that the mods created for us. Couchie & luckiest, are you still ok with hosting the pages here?

Oh my goodness, it's after midnight...

ETA:

HBD, Sweet P!!! (tm: FromClaygary)

:happybirthday02:

:babies_100: Happy Birthday Parker!!

Hope your day is filled with toys, balloons, ice cream, and cake. :pushingcake:

And most of all, lots of love from Mommy & Daddy! And Mimi, too. :fest06:

:birthday9::birthday9:

***A note about the National Inclusion Project on FB***

There are two ways to support the Project:

1. Become a Supporter of the National Inclusion Project (a fan)

2. Join the Cause, throught the Causes application on FB. This allows you to recruit support, make donations, and I believe it may be the more important support. This is the official cause home, along with other great organizations such as UNICEF, etc. Also, joining the cause will allow you to add the National Inclusion Project as the "featured cause" on your profile, which is a great way to raise awareness.... and maybe even raise some $$. So, if you receive a cause invitation, this is NOT the same thing as becoming a fan. I sent out invitations to a number of friends who are volunteers and supporters but who weren't on the Cause page yet, and they are still not there. (Yeah, I checked. :laught31: I want to do a mass appeal to my non Clay, non Project friends-nearly 2000 people-but I am waiting because people seem less likely to support a cause with only 215 members. :waiting:) I thought maybe it would help to clarify the Facebook situation. My apologies to those who already knew this information. You may join the cause here if you haven't already received an invitation:Causes: National Inclusion Project

Joining the cause would make a great first birthday gift for Parker, and one that I feel certain would make Clay very happy, too. :dadrocks:

:sickyet:

Sorry for postwhoring. This just didn't seem to fit with the other post. :sorrysmiley:

{{{Merrieeee}}} I understand completely because I have been in the same situation most of this year. Not unexpectedly, the RL shi...stuff has caused a big flare in my health issues, too, so life has become a bit of a struggle lately. As you said, this too shall pass. Until it does, however, just know that there are lots of people here who understand. I know that I do. I understand the "missing" part, too. I think when times are particularly rough it really does exacerbate missing our friends, and maybe even missing Clay, because we need that special joy....and to be honest, that distraction, even more than ever. I hope and pray that RL things get better for you soon. The real soon.

:elephanthugs:

I need to apologize to FCA, too, because earlier this year I had every intention of jumping in and posting every day, which I have never done at any board in the past. But like Merrieeee, I just haven't felt like posting or talking much to anyone. At the same time, it has been a wonderful thing just to be able to read posts, see lovely photos, laugh a little, share the joy; and most of all, to feel the love and affection for Clay, Parker, the Foundation...and especially the love, affection, and concern for the other members here. I may not be here much by post count, but know that I am here often in spirit, and I feel close to many of you now. This is the first board that ever truly felt like a "home" for me and I am so thankful to Couchie and the admins and everyone at FCA for that. :starhugs:

:GM_FCA: