#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Just wanted to check in and say hi. For those that don't read new posts :cryingwlaughter: my mom was home one day before she had to go back and she's still in ICU. I feel she's doing ok though. They are just trying to get her blood pressure under control. And for some comic relief -- I went bike riding today. I don't think I've been on a bike in at least 25 years -- if exercise bikes don't count :hysterical: It is true what they say though. You don't ever forget. We did a 5 mile easy trek but still that last mile killed me.

Yay for Clay being online. Something to look forward to reading. I have to go back to a job that they want done in 2 days :hysterical::hysterical: We'll just see about that.

Sorry to hear about your mom, couchie. I hope she gets to come home soon.

So I guess Clay didn't post?

I went and saw HP6 last night. I loved it, but now I want to reread the book, because there were an awful lot of differences IIRC.

ETA: ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH I forgot to set the DVR for Paul on Letterman last night! My memory is shit.

Good Morning Everyone,

Darn, was hoping Clay would answer a few questions...nice seeing him online though!

Couchie Continued good thoughts and prayers for your Mom and for you!

93 Days until The BAF Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I hope they get your mom's BP under control soon couchie. I'm sure the bike ride you took helped relieve some stress.

Our visitors left so I can let our home fall back into it's usual messy state as we go back to painting our other little house. I'm so sick of doors, woodwork and windows, not to mention the inside of closets.So far we have gone through almost $500 of tape, paint and rollers. I've cheated and started cleaning the kitchen. The dust and grease is so bad on top of the cabinets I've had to use cleanser to get it off. Sorry for my rant. It's the job that never ends.

Clay, next time leave us a little note, please. Has anyone noticed the dearth of interviews? I'm sure there are many journalists or gossip mongers who would love to have one. Whatever happened to the BAF name change? We could use a few words from the man. Maybe it's a PR plan. I guess I'll just keep waiting patiently. :couch1:

Here's another late

Happy Birthday Kimye !!

:hb2: :confetti2: :EmoticonRingAround: :11: :EmoticonRingAround: :dancemexicannana: :fest33:

Aw, thank you for the birthday wishes. I did have quite a fine time-- used my free Disney birthday admission at Animal Kingdom. Anyone can sign up; just google it. I could even go with you if you come!

Here are some photos, mostly of wonderful scenery and far away animals. We lucked out-- it didn't rain beyond a sprinkle, but something did blow through and cool off around 2 pm so we weren't boiled.

luckiest, Paul on Letterman is already on YouTube. Good quality, too! A quick search finds him.

Sorry I missed your birthday, kimiye, I haven't been around much lately. Real life is kicking my tail. Also, happy birthday, jmh. Same reason/excuse. Geez, y'all. Sorry!

Hope your mom is doing better, couchie. (((HUGS)))

Kinda on topic, kinda not:

30 Rock just received 22 Emmy nominations, more than any show this year. And the "Kidney Now!" episode received a nomination for writing. YAY!

The EMMY nominations were announced today and 30 Rock got, like, lots.

Best Comedy Series, Lead Actress and Actor nominations for Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin, Supporting Actors for Tracy Morgan and Jack McBrayer, and Supporting Actress for Jane Krakowski.

And I was really interested in how many of the guest stars in the past year got nominated: Alan Alda, Jon Hamm, Steve Martin, Jennifer Aniston, and Elaine Stritch. All these guest stars appeared on one or more episodes and were characters other than themselves - unlike Clay's cameo as himself in the season finale. I've got my fingers crossed (probably futilely) that Tina Fey will find a way to bring back Clay in some capacity for the upcoming season.

ETA: ldyj posted while I was composing. Great minds and all that jazz... :whistling-1:

Aw, thank you for the birthday wishes. I did have quite a fine time-- used my free Disney birthday admission at Animal Kingdom. Anyone can sign up; just google it. I could even go with you if you come!

Here are some photos, mostly of wonderful scenery and far away animals. We lucked out-- it didn't rain beyond a sprinkle, but something did blow through and cool off around 2 pm so we weren't boiled.

Gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing those.

Couchie, I hope your mom gets to come home soon.

So my new upstairs neighbor is a cellist--pretty good, as far as I can tell. Mostly scales so far, and fragments. I totally prefer this to "the stomper" who just moved out. In a few months I may feel differently.

I am kind of glad that people can't follow him around the different forums. To me it just seems a bit stalkerish and I know if I were him I woudn't like it. When he's ready to blog or post, he will.

I agree with that, makes it special when he does blog or post.

bc, you owe me a Coke!

Here you go > :drink:

Looks like a beer to me...but I'll take it. LOL.

So, I just got back from going out for lunch, a lunch meeting as a matter of fact. We met at a Bob Evans. We leave the restaurant -- and OMWH was playing! Sadly, I couldn't EEEEEEEE myself silly, because I was with work people. But rest assured that I did EEEEEEEEE as soon as I got into my car.

I, ldyjocelyn, do solemnly swear not to worry about Clay and his career. I believe he will be back and stronger than ever. I also believe that he doesn't need to entertain me every waking moment of my life (or even my sleeping moments), because I believe that Clay deserves a life of his own. This I swear on several copies of LTS, so help me God/Deity of Choice.

Just got home from work where i don't have a moment to read the net.

I am kind of glad that people can't follow him around the different forums. To me it just seems a bit stalkerish and I know if I were him I woudn't like it. When he's ready to blog or post, he will.

I totally agree.

bc, you owe me a Coke!

So, I just got back from going out for lunch, a lunch meeting as a matter of fact. We met at a Bob Evans. We leave the restaurant -- and OMWH was playing! Sadly, I couldn't EEEEEEEE myself silly, because I was with work people. But rest assured that I did EEEEEEEEE as soon as I got into my car.

I, ldyjocelyn, do solemnly swear not to worry about Clay and his career. I believe he will be back and stronger than ever. I also believe that he doesn't need to entertain me every waking moment of my life (or even my sleeping moments), because I believe that Clay deserves a life of his own. This I swear on several copies of LTS, so help me God/Deity of Choice.

I don't worry about him either ldyjocelyn. I am always amazed when I come across someone who enjoys his voice and who is not on any boards.

:yahoo: I am officially on vacation for the next week! Should be an interesting one...I think I mentioned we were renovating our living room and hubby is doing the work...well, he will be on vacation for two weeks and I am hoping to make quite a bit of progress on the room.

The paint colors are picked out...we have to pull out all the old paneling; put up new dry wall; pull up the carpeting...basically tearing the whole room apart and starting from scratch...we've already done other rooms in the house so this isn't new to us, but this is the largest room and will probably take the most time.

We won't get it done in two weeks, but I am hoping to make more progress than what he has been able to accomplish on the week-ends.

He did build a new closet in one corner of the room (it is L-shaped) as our old closet was much to small (but amazing how much crap I had shoved in there!)...still has to do the molding and trim work on it...but that shouldn't take long and then we can move on to the rest of the room!

ldyj I totally agree with you regarding Clay's career; I never worry about it; I'll admit I get antsy when we don't hear from him for a while...but I figure he is entitled to a life just as much as we are and when he has something to share he will.

Kim

kimiye... Happy Belated Birthday! I loved your pictures. I saved the Tree of Life and plan on trying to blow it up to see the carved animals better. What a cool tree!

bc, you owe me a Coke!

ldyj... BWAH! Easier said than done. I want him happy and I think entertaining is part of what does that for him... so entertain already mr aiken!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Caro... I forget that I cannot do your website on my work computer. I clicked and new internet boxes just kept opening up faster than the speed of light. I thought, "OMG, IS is going to kill me and then fire my butt." But, I managed to click "Close group" and it stopped. Whew... that was scary to the extreme. I'm too old for a scare like that, dang it! :cryingwlaughter:

aikim... and all those who are remodeling. Good luck!!! It's so nice when you are done!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

So, how does one change their username here? I searched for a thread or something, but couldn't find anything. :/ I think I wanna just be Clayzy, 'cause the 'coffin' part seems kinda morbid... :laugh2:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

So, how does one change their username here? I searched for a thread or something, but couldn't find anything. :/ I think I wanna just be Clayzy, 'cause the 'coffin' part seems kinda morbid... :laugh2:

An admin has to do it. I'll do that for you.

ETA: Done!

Which reminds me....there were some emoticon requests. I think I got them all, but let me know if I missed any. Just added:

:starhugs: (starhugs)

:birthday9: (birthday9)

:pushingcake: (pushingcake)

Just add colons on both sides of the words.

I seem to have added them to our little window to the left of the posting window as well. That wasn't on purpose, but why not? :hysterical:

ETA: I figured out how I did it, so I removed the extra large one (birthday9) since it stretched the window too much. And I fixed it so a couple more would show up in that box.

If there are emoties in the window that you are used to finding, but can't find anymore, just click the word "Next "in the corner of the emotie box and you'll find them.