#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

He's with Decca Records...just announced at OFC...it is on the News Page after your log in!

Kim

We had a wicked, wicked storm here last night that seemed to go on forever. The worst lightning I've seen in years, some hail, huge winds that knocked over my tomato plants (that were caged) and thunder that was out of this world. I went to bed about an hour after it started and it still raged on, waking the dog up with a massive clap of thunder at one point. Sure seems to have cooled things off this morning, since we were up in to the 40s with the humidex yesterday. However, the forecast is for more of the same today.

I think you guys got worse up there than we did down her by the lake. It was BLACK yesterday about noon...blackest I've ever seen but it amounted to nothing more than a mild thunderstorm. Last night was windy, rainy and stormy and satellite blinkiny (is too a word) and a couple of times the lights flickerd, yes...but it was not THAT windy here and just seemed like 3 mild thunderstorms rolling through.

It's FINALLY cooling off. I have not complained one iota about this summer's weather because I deplore heat and humidity and when I'm staying home and putzing while trying not to spend too much money this summer, I've been just fine with our cool summer this year. I do realize that the wet-factor has sucked for those like yourself, who have wanted to go camping.

I'm no camper that's for sure. A few hours with no hydro and no water and I'm fit to be tied. Plus we have 11 1/2 acres here with about 85% of it being woods and a creek running through it, so you could come camp here, lol.

OH and FromClaygary you should have kicked me off the computer. I would have shared.

Heh!! It's good for my tolerance of the shakes to be away from it for a bit....you're a good read-out-loud'er!

Not only does she read outloud but sometimes she can be a good yelling-out-louder at the computer too. :hysterical:

Yep, that was it!! Being on the 400 in that was not so good. There were people pulled off the road all the way along, but even that's dangerous on the highway....and you never know if it's going to peter out or do that all night long.

How was the visibility? That's the thing that's the most dangerous...when people panic if they can't see very well and hit the breaks or slow down suddenly to pull off to the side of the road. A recipe for disaster. I tend to stick to the fast lane on the left and go with it cuz people in the fast lane aren't quite as likely to suddenly slam on the breaks. I think that the worst visibility from heavy thunderstorm rains that I've driven in on 4-laners was with luckiest1 going to Dayton and with Nickikiwi in the mountains going to Cary SRAAHPT.

Hey guys..happy Monday.

I think I had gotten myself into a little funk the last few weeks but am trying to snap out of it. I won't say depression but deinitely a little down. I have been really really dragging.

I saw some qestions about different FCA related things. Sorry I didn' answer at the time. But yes Scarlett you can have web space and yes canly we could use some help with FCA main especially keeping up with the news. I've been very lax on that in the past year. Give me a day or two and I'll look more specifically at your request and what we need to do to get started.

Good luck to all of the gala folks tomorrow. Looks like I won't be attending - at least I'm not going to buy a ticket. I hope I can find a ticket later if my circumstances change.

a) :thbighug-1:

B) Who's canly, lol? :hysterical:

c) I'd try for 8 instead of 7 but I don't wanna end up stuck with a $250 ticket...however, if it's a buy now/pay later thing, I can do that.

Walla.gif

Mic (stand) throw= During Back For More JBT in the fine city of Vermont *g*

DTTR = Dresses to the Right

DTTL = Dresses to the Left.

If you don't know what dresses means, you're too young to be here :cryingwlaughter:

(((((Couchie))))))

I always thought it was DOWN to the right and DOWN to the left until a couple of years ago, lol. :cryingwlaughter:

Clazy? You need some examples. I has lots! :naughtywag:

He's with Decca Records...just announced at OFC...it is on the News Page after your log in!

Kim

Whoa, I didn't see that one coming! :) :) :) :) :)

WHOAH! news while I was typing!

What do we know about Decca records????

Artists listed:

* Claudia Acuna

* Clifton Anderson

* Bajofondo

* Andrea Bocelli

* Richard Bona

* Neal E. Boyd

* Boyz II Men

* Branford Marsalis Quartet

* James Carter

* Celtic Thunder

* Paula Cole

* Paolo Conte

* Corrigan Brothers

* Placido Domingo

* East Village Opera Company

* Marianne Faithfull

* Roberta Gambarini

* David Garrett

* Gary Go

* Delta Goodrem

* Charlie Haden

* Roy Hargrove

* Dave Holland

* Brendan James

* James

* Katherine Jenkins

* Kaki King

* Sonya Kitchell

* Ladyhawke

* Julian Lage

* Lee Ritenour & Dave Grusin

* Amy Macdonald

* Alison Moyet

* Debi Nova

* One Flew South

* Danilo Perez

* Andre Previn

* Proclaimers, The

* Rhythms del Mundo

* Sonny Rollins

* David Sanborn

* Boz Scaggs

* John Scofield

* Siouxsie

* Faryl Smith

* Emma Sophina

* Sting

* Anna Ternheim

* The Waterboys

* Vittorio

* Rufus Wainwright

* Tommy Wallach

* Hayley Westenra

* World Café Live

* Miguel Zenon

I think I'm crying. what a dweeb I am. *sniff* :flirtysmile3:

CONGRATULATIONS, CLAY!!! :twinklewhore:

So it really was a BIG week for him!! Wow :rainbowsmile:

I'm betting he will be a BIG PUSH for them when he sets to release his new CD in 2010. I hope so, cause he certainly deserves it FINALLY!! A somewhat bigger fish in this pond than at RCA's at least!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm so happy. I need a tour and that seems to go along with having a label and now he has a label which means new music which means a tour. And it's all about what IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII need.

UMG is the market leader in today’s highly competitive classical music market, with more than 40% of world sales in this genre. The Decca Label Group is comprised of two divisions, Universal Musical Classical and Decca Label Group, and is home to such diverse artists as Andrea Bocelli, Boyz II Men, Marc Cohn, Elvis Costello, Paula Cole, and Meshell Ndegeocello among others.

I need some help. I am looking for outstanding microphone moments (caresses etc) ...pics and video from each tour. AI, IT, NAT, JBT SRHP. I think probably the Pop tours. I would appreciate any suggestions that you might have.

Hmmmm, what might you be up to? :whistling-1:

luckiest... I hope something naughty and nice! :cryingwlaughter:

goldarngirl... any JBT where he is doing Suspicious Minds with that mic stand between his legs would be a mighty fine addition to any work around the mic stand.

I would also recommend the moment on the SRHP tour when the frog was in the audience and he ended the night with his hands around the mic like a prayer. Touching.

That may not help much, but it gives a general direction.

SOOOO excited for the news about Decca! Next year is gonna be a good one, I just know it.

Wheeeeee!

couchie.... Yeah!!! I'm feeling it, sistah! I think the new schedule sounds like a winner. Exercise does wonders for mood, too. Walks in pretty places, especially near water works well for me!

That's excellent news! Decca is a music group for serious, established artists -- from the looks of the list -- which includes Rufus Wainwright and Boz Skaggs. Oh baby -- I love them! I see Andrea Bocelli and Sting on the list too -- I'm not so much a fan of theirs, but understand that many love them too. But the big Unversal umbrella is as good as it gets, IMO, and all that we could have hoped for Clay.

Oh yeah, Decca is famous for having passed on The Beatles before they signed with EMI.

I noted at OFC, that the Pacifica listener-supported radio station in Houston (KPFT) has recently re-programmed and added World Cafe Live (a Decca product) to its midday schedule. I heard it once last week and the artist performing live and being interviewed for the entire program was Marianne Faithfull, another Decca artist -- who was promoting her latest music. OMG, if we could get a full hour of Clay on World Cafe Live next year ..... I'll just DIE!!! (And they stream live!)

:dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle::dancingpickle:

Now we know why he was always checking the OFC board. He was wondering if we found out!

I love that guy!

Well, they managed to keep a secret for once! :clap:

The last time, I'm sure was just to read birthday wishes for Parker though.

That's excellent news! Decca is a music group for serious, established artists -- from the looks of the list -- which includes Rufus Wainwright and Boz Skaggs. Oh baby -- I love them! I see Andrea Bocelli and Sting on the list too -- I'm not so much a fan of theirs, but understand that many love them too. But the big Unversal umbrella is as good as it gets, IMO, and all that we could have hoped for Clay.

That's awesome to hear!

I went through the list...

Artists listed that canfly has heard of:

* Andrea Bocelli

* Boyz II Men

* Placido Domingo

* Roy Hargrove (have heard the name but don't know a thing about him. Do I know any of his songs?)

* Ladyhawke (sounds familiar but no idea if I know any of her/their music)

* One Flew South (name sounds familiar but that's it)

* Proclaimers, The (ditto)

* Boz Scaggs (have heard the name. Is he country?)

* John Scofield (name sounds familiar but that's it)

* Sting (Yeah BAYBEE!!!)

* The Waterboys (name sounds familiar)

OK...so in summary, off of that list, other than people like

* Andrea Bocelli

* Placido Domingo

I really only KNOW music by Boyz II Men and Sting.

Looks like a really small company, so that means lots of attention and if it's good enough for Boyz II Men and Sting...then that's GOOD.

Work today, in a word, sucked. Some scary situations have been happening, and could continue happening, there. And then, right at 3:30 p.m. (a half hour before closing time at this time of the year) all kinds of work things happen that I need to take care of NOW.

All the while, couchie is IMing me. "Record label?"

Crap.

Clay news just as RL got busy as hell.

But now, I'm home.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Congratulations Clay! Looking forward to hearing from you!

BTW, I'm taking tomorrow off work. So very glad of that now....

Oh, and I'm glad as hell that "we" didn't find out first. Personally, I've always thought some in the fandom were way to overinvested in being "the first to know."