#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

I like you all's take on that particular Leno show! Thanks for sharing your opinions - I've now changed mine and decided 'no sad eyes'! He was hysterically funny that night! I think I was just anxious for him.....child has so many mothers sometimes, then of course, other times we don't feel 'motherly' at all!

I can't wait to see him on my TV again!!!

:GA_FCA:

Just returned from the grocery store and, with all the humidity, you'd think I just washed my hair. Oh well, the chore is done! :lol:

Reading the excitement on the boards inspired the latest Carolina On My Mind. Graphics by Fountaindawg and AmazingCA, a montage by dreamlarge, etc., are there, too. Hope you enjoy! :)

Canfly172 posted the link to a very good blog about Clay's latest label/Inclusion Project news: Living in Turnaround. There doesn't seem to be a way to leave comments, but the hits will help keep its Google placement. Anyone know who the writer is?

:bdayparty2: Belated greetings, ChaCha! :bdayparty2:

Y'all have a great day! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Was yesterday's winner from a Leno appearance - 1st appearance after the 'mess'? His eyes look sad to me. Nobody else? Maybe I'm just reading into the body language, wrong as usual!

katy... I think Clay is enough of an actor and really gets into the lyrics of his songs, hence the "sad" look in this picture. The rest of the Leno visit was not sad in the least, but he is good at living in the moment. We can never know whether that sad was real or not, but speculate we can! :cryingwlaughter:

I was at the Climmel for his first "concert" appearance after the mess. He was so funny that night, but I worried about him cause he had lost weight and seemed so dang thin (Angela had to roll his pants waist up in rehearsal) and he was so palpably glad to be in front of fans again and to hear the applause and screaming.

It had to have been a good day for him, with the great CD signing, then the Kimmel appearance. Lots of lovin' goin' on!

Eyes-Lips-and-Hair.jpg

smileclay21-1.gif

jk-07.jpg

Kimmel03.jpg

LOVED that day!!!

Thanks Jmh123

I know tea always helped me a bit with the cramps. I will have to do some research on it. Jesse had health class last year (just in time :) ). Her mom had the "talk", I gave her the "talk" and her grandmothers gave her the "talk". She is probably all talked out :lol:

I should've also said things not to eat--I used to try to treat PMS with chocolate. A little might be good; eating it all day is not. :cryingwlaughter:

So far I have picked 1 winner out all 10 which I guess proves my taste are different then everyone else.

Not everyone else, because a bunch of others have posted that they too never pick the winner. :hysterical:

Really hawt photos today, all. Thanks! :wub:

:wave: Happy Birthday to anyone I missed! Sorry!

Now, I'm confused. (I know, it's shocking, right?) But what is this 'mess' being talked about?

The 2006 scandal/JP crap.

I can't even acknowledge that there was a scandal. The rumors of Clay's career being upended by the "mess" was always a non-issue to me. Only when I joined the online fandom in early June 2006 (after AI5 finale) did I hear about this "mess," which I truly believe was only an issue between the online fans and the internet haters (and I do believe there are online haters working against every celebrity, every cause, every sports team -- you name it.) Anyway, I too had to ask what was the "mess" after I joined the fan club. It just wasn't out there in the big world like so many assume it was. Nobody I knew in my whole life ever mentioned anything to do with it. I don't live in a cave, I read newspapers and magazines and watch TV and have been on the internet since 1995, but the "mess"age never got through to me, or anyone I knew at the time.

To me, the true mess was that some fans allowed themselves to become reactionary and turned inside out by a disgusting creepy crawler and some flying monkeys whose reason to exist can probably be summed up as follows: Promulgate fear, doubt and loathing for anything positive and good, and by any means necessary stamp out joy before it spreads. I think if they had a mission statement it would be something like that. Personally, I don't think it was necessary or advantageous to even acknowledge such pathetic low-lifes. I try to make it a point never to be stirred by shit-stirrers. Even though I can't stop what they do and what they say, I believe they get away with nothing because living within themselves has to be a horrible experience, and punishment plenty.

However, that being said .... Fuck 'em and the frog they rode in on.

Now, I'm confused. (I know, it's shocking, right?) But what is this 'mess' being talked about?

I can't even acknowledge that there was a scandal. The rumors of Clay's career being upended by the "mess" was always a non-issue to me. Only when I joined the online fandom in early June 2006 (after AI5 finale) did I hear about this "mess," which I truly believe was only an issue between the online fans and the internet haters (and I do believe there are online haters working against every celebrity, every cause, every sports team -- you name it.) Anyway, I too had to ask what was the "mess" after I joined the fan club. It just wasn't out there in the big world like so many assume it was. Nobody I knew in my whole life ever mentioned anything to do with it. I don't live in a cave, I read newspapers and magazines and watch TV and have been on the internet since 1995, but the "mess"age never got through to me, or anyone I knew at the time.

To me, the true mess was that some fans allowed themselves to become reactionary and turned inside out by a disgusting creepy crawler and some flying monkeys whose reason to exist can probably be summed up as follows: Promulgate fear, doubt and loathing for anything positive and good, and by any means necessary stamp out joy before it spreads. I think that's their mission statement. Personally, I don't think it was necessary or advantageous to ever acknowledge such pathetic low-lifes. In fact, I try to make it a point to never be stirred by shit-stirrers. I can't stop what they do and what they say. They get away with nothing because living within themselves has to be a most negative experience, and punishment plenty.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

Ride em Cowboy!!!!!!

Canfly172 posted the link to a very good blog about Clay's latest label/Inclusion Project news: Living in Turnaround. There doesn't seem to be a way to leave comments, but the hits will help keep its Google placement. Anyone know who the writer is?

Apparently it's a well known Clay fan.

Fuck 'em and the frog they rode in on.
:hysterical:

I think these need to be decorating this page too -

That pic was from that time period but I didn't think he looked sad at all during that appearance. I did think he looked sad and had a haunted look on GMA, but not on Leno. That was one of my favorite appearances.

I didn't see haunted at all. I saw hotter'nhell and cuter'n a speckled pup.

ClayGMA-9-12-05105.jpg

96894913-L.jpg

ScreamingStillGMA.jpg

ClayGMA-9-12-05089.jpg

gmaout6.jpg

clay_aiken2.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

gmaout8.jpg

Interesting new tweet:

amcvideo: Anna and Rob are on a private horseback ride at the biltmore with Clay Aiken!

17 minutes ago

Anna is a little girl and Rob is the Dad.

Sorry FromClaygary for jumping the gun. :hysterical: Don't worry gmb, I rarely get embarrassed anymore.

I may hold the record for the longest post as I started three hours ago and stopped to make dinner, clean up and talk to my son on the other coast.

keepingfaith thank you :flirtysmile3: those are some of my most favoritest (is too a word!) photos of Clay, evah. He was (and is) just gorgeous. Makes my heart go pittypat!

How cool that playbill.com mentioned Clay's new deal. Broadway sure knew what they had in him! I for one hope to see him there again some day (after another successful CD and tour of course :rolleyes: )

I'm having trouble with my copy and paste right now, but I just read over at CV that Perma is a new grandmommy. Mom and baby girl are doing fine. I think it was Perma's husband who posted.

Congratulations to Perma.

How cool that playbill.com mentioned Clay's new deal. Broadway sure knew what they had in him! I for one hope to see him there again some day (after another successful CD and tour of course :rolleyes: )

:hello:cindilu2! Broadway World did, too. I have links/quotes in the Carolina blog. Looking forward to the official announcement from Decca, though I think it's cool that Clay got to make it without the scum being able to claim an "exclusive." :lol:

Have a great weekend, all! :wub:

Caro :listen:

I'm having trouble with my copy and paste right now, but I just read over at CV that Perma is a new grandmommy. Mom and baby girl are doing fine. I think it was Perma's husband who posted.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for bringing that news over.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for bringing that news over.

The baby's name is Hailey and she was 6 lbs. 1 oz.

To me, the true mess was that some fans allowed themselves to become reactionary and turned inside out by a disgusting creepy crawler and some flying monkeys whose reason to exist can probably be summed up as follows: Promulgate fear, doubt and loathing for anything positive and good, and by any means necessary stamp out joy before it spreads. I think if they had a mission statement it would be something like that. Personally, I don't think it was necessary or advantageous to even acknowledge such pathetic low-lifes. I try to make it a point never to be stirred by shit-stirrers. Even though I can't stop what they do and what they say, I believe they get away with nothing because living within themselves has to be a horrible experience, and punishment plenty.

Wise wise words Kf.......Mind if I borrow them when talking to my sons about bullies?

I have been trying to say just that but your words are so much more succinct.

(My baby (11) came home yesterday upset because some boys were teasing him about his freckles and pale skin - it sure brought back memories!)

Heh. I beat aikim this morning!

Yesterday's poll, again, was a bit of a blow out. This time, the tall drink of water won (once again!).

just-you-clay-aiken-03.jpg

The new photo tourney poll is here! I think this one is going to be very interesting, but I could be wrong...

:GM_FCA:

64 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Cgampions Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

(waves to ldyj)

Kim

WTF? that's just the name on the link. auction is this:
Frasier Complete 1st Season DVD set! 4 DVDs New in box!

I saw the original, and it was definitely Spamalot, all bragging about seeing live footage of a Broadway show. The auction has since been changed-- the perpetrator must have caught wind someone was after him/her.