#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Interesting new tweet:

amcvideo: Anna and Rob are on a private horseback ride at the biltmore with Clay Aiken!

17 minutes ago

Anna is a little girl and Rob is the Dad.

I have bee thinking about this one. (yea, I've got nothin' better to do. shut-up)

I wonder if Clay was there for a private function. Like a wedding. Either as a friend, family or maybe even in a paid capacity. Maybe "singing"? :cocktail:

Gosh! I think I'm going with singing on horseback in a white tux and top hat for a family wedding. (What's Brett up to these days, anyway? - Wasn't there talk of a baby at one time?) That's my story. It was a beautiful coolish, warm day (not Florida warm) and the sun was slatting down through the trees that were in their full greenery. Birds accompanied him in the distant background. The wedding party was spell bound. He smiled his crooked smile and cocked his head to one side and bit his lower lip when he finished, tipped the top hat to the bride and groom. Then Jaymes held Sweet P up to him for pictures. Wonder what song he sang?

I've decided it was HAWIIAN WEDDING SONG.....

snip...

However, that being said .... Fuck 'em and the frog they rode in on.

keeping... no no... not frog... toad, it is a toad with all kinds of warty warts! :cryingwlaughter: I remember and have saved at home the wonderful story/poem about that that GBB or Berkely (both are excellent writers) wrote. I absolutely LOVED it.

I'm having trouble with my copy and paste right now, but I just read over at CV that Perma is a new grandmommy. Mom and baby girl are doing fine. I think it was Perma's husband who posted.

Congratulations to Perma.

Perma... CONGRATS!!! With your photog skills, that baby is going to be sooooo immortalized with such wonderful skill! Lucky gramma, mom, dad and Hailey! Whooo hoooo!!!!

Today's photo contest is a runaway by the biggest margin ever, I'm thinkin' LOL This is such a fun contest... thanks ldyj and helpers!!!

The latest tweet:

mattyellinger Just saw clay aiken in the mountains lol. Weird.

I think he's still in Ashville. It's beautiful up there.

tree... but... but.... Who is he with? What is he wearing? What does his hair look like? These tweeters need Clayfan training 101!!! :cryingwlaughter:

The latest tweet:

tree... but... but.... Who is he with? What is he wearing? What does his hair look like? These tweeters need Clayfan training 101!!! :cryingwlaughter:

What they need is a cell phone to take pics with.

Oops, sorry Clay, I didn't really mean that. heh

The latest tweet:

That blows my theory that Clay could sort of accidently but-not-really be paparazzi'd doing something cool in NYC or LA so People and the other entertainment news sites would have a good excuse to print his picture along with a blurb about his new record label. :foto: Aw well, maybe next week.

:hello:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack. I've been trying to catch up on PMs and emails and posts and...man...you guys were quiet here, lol.

Concert was fun. The big surprise of the night for me was Matt! He kicked ass! He came out and commanded the stage and then the piano came up and he started banging away on it and running his hands up and down it a la Elton!

I videotaped both Adam and Kris. I did a quick beginning and end check and the audio is gonna suck on Adam's songs. Too much for the speaker on the camcorder to handle. Could not do kneetop clack like I was hoping due to the 2 tallest men in the place sitting right in front of me and I had to hold my big-assed kneetop camcorder up to my eye.

Lots of people taking pictures and vid on small digital cameras but they did come around about 20 min into the first half and kinda shut people down...especially in our section....but they never came back.

I wasn't REALLY caring, so figured I'd get what I could and if they came to stop me, so be it.

I didn't do the ending cuz I just wanted to watch and they dumped a whole bunch of bubbles from the ceiling at the end. Verra kewl!

Good Morning Everyone,

Heading to the Farmer's Market this morning and then hubby will be spending the day tearing down more paneling in the living room and then drywalling...the mess is a pain, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

63 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wow, it sure was quiet in here last night! I was on a driving adventure, to drop off one kid, and pick up one dog. So son #2 is gone for the week, yay! Peace and quiet and no more "What's for dinner? I'm bored. Can I have $10?" My daughter is going up north to volunteer at a camp for the deaf, so I now have 2 dogs to contend with all week. It usually takes them 3 or 4 hours to get it out of their system when they get together, and I got home at 10 pm, so it was a late night, some of it spent with me trying to sleep and dogs trying to play. :o This morning they are a wee bit calmer (but just a bit). This afternoon I have them both registered to attend their first "Pugalug", which is a get together for pugs and pug owners. The theme of the event is "summer clowns". Somehow, I don't see me whipping up two clown costumes in the next few hours. Oh well, they'll have to take them naked, as always. :cryingwlaughter: Should be fun, I will take lots of pictures. Then, the rest of the weekend will be split between dogs and son #1's baseball playoffs. Thank goodness the weather is cooperating for once! :clap:

Off to the grocery store for basic staples. (I got so much at the farmer's market last weekend that I still have mega veggies to use up!) Have a great weekend everyone.

couchie :thbighug-1: thinking about you. Did you know that the obama montage just went over 700,000 hits yesterday? I check in on it regularly.

I think the winner of yesterday's photocontest is one of the most special pics of Clay's ever. It seems so authentic Clay.

Today is the 60th anniversary of my parent's anniversary. We lost dad suddenly earlier this year. I plan to keep mom busy. We are going to catch the Julia Child film later today and I will cook a favorite meal of mom's, maybe shrimp scampi.

:pushingcake: Another August baby! Seems I am surrounded by them! Even my sister and twin niece and nephew are August babies! Fortunately quite a few of these summer babes choose to make FCA their home, so we are all doubly blessed. :pushingcake:

:twinklewhore: Happy Birthday FromClaygary!! :twinklewhore:

:happybirthday04::happybirthday04:

Lori, you are a wonderful woman and another person whose friendship is a huge blessing in my life. You and I share a passion for supporting the National Inclusion Project-but you do so in a way that continues to amaze me. Who else alters travel plans and routinely offers to fly thousands of miles, just to participate in Beta Alpha projects? Like the beautiful, one-of-a-kind jewelry you create, you are a treasure! I love you, and can't wait to see you in October!

:happybirthday03::happybirthday03:

Photo contest: I didn't get a chance to vote yesterday. I meant to come back to it and then had one of my "missing" days until 6AM, but I adore that particular photo, so the voting would have been even more lopsided. I am a total sucker for Clay with kids, whether it is a photo, video, or just reading a children's book. And Clay with Parker? Stick a fork in me, cause it is over. :beatingheart:

ETA Congratulations Perma, one of my favorite clack goddesses ever! teddybears

Happy Birthday FromClaygary! Redux?

:pushingcake:

We are going on another winery tour this afternoon with a friend. :all_coholic: This county they are in is so improverished that this industry is one of their few hopes. Introducing others to it - the restaurants and the wine- is a pleasure to do. Plus it is indirectly related to my younger son's latest job.

Have a great afternoon! Off to vote in the new picture poll.

HBD FromClaygary!!!

:birthday9:

Hello all from cottage country in Madawasca. I have had varying success in getting access to the internet since arriving here. Consequently I've been having a fly by read using the WiFi at a picnic table in front of a laundromat before arriving every day to visit my mama or on my way back to my brother's cottage

I am so happy that there is a chance that I will be able to go to the Gala.

I have a request. I really would like to sit with someone I know either in person or thru this board. Does anyone here have room at their table and wouldn't mind my joining you?

I am having such trouble getting anything posted and then it appears twice in the same post!

I wonder if one of the little ants I've seen on this table has crawled in a port.

Here goes...one more try.

So nice to see you posting during your travels, Lotus!!! :hello:

On topic:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Hurrrmpff! Apparently, y'all don't appreciate the dangers untied shoelaces can pose....

heeeee

Clay in Africa. heart strings. Can't wait to check out today's poll.

I ended up working most of yesterday. I am so burnt out by having the kids all summer and Friday is like my off day. I love them but I am counting the days until labor day which can only mean one thing -- SCHOOL! I didn't have kids for a reason and enough is about enough right about now. Did ya'll know they are hungry like every hour? And they never want what their mama sends them? The worst part is that by having them every single day I think I have lost my scariness. It used to be that I told them something they'd run to do it or I'd say no and that would be that. LOL. Now I get the poutie treatment. Auntie is now just a darn creampuff. Argh. Then I put my newly arrived The Wire in around 9 pm... --- and 4 hours later heee. That show is like crack to me. I honestly don't know what I'm going do... I think I have like 14 episodes to go to finish the entire series. My brother is trying to tell me The Shield is even better but I just have a very hard time believing that. I think I might try Mad Money or is it Mad Men.. one of those, this show I keep hearing about.

Perma, Congratulations on being a grandma. I'm so happy for you and your family!!

Happy Birthday From Claygary! Wow there are a lot of August birthdays around here.

Magic Johnson turned 50 yesterday. I have followed his career since college and honesetly when he announced he was HIV positive I thought he'd be dead in 5 years. Certainly never thought he'd be "fat and happy" at 50 heee.

Still excited about the Clay news. Even though I won't expect any major new developments until next year -- and even though I never thought he was just sitting around on his ass - it's nice to have something to look forward to.

I'm listening to As Long As We're here this morning -- like over and over heee. I do that sometimes. It's just the perfect song and I'd love to hear that in concert one day. It doesn't have to be just like the record -- but I feel I must hear that one and Broken Wings and I just have my doubts that I ever will. I hope to be surprised on that one. It will be a happy surprise.

Thanks for the update Cagney. I truly love that song. It's so funny how my favorites changed over and over for the first few months but over the long haul it's ALAWH, Something About Us and Where I Draw the Line for me.

ETA: Aikim I know..sometime in the spring can't be really defined but can you pick a date and add that to your countdown? Can we? Can We? :hysterical:

Did you know that the obama montage just went over 700,000 hits yesterday? I check in on it regularly.
cagney, that is good news!! I adore that video!

Hurrrmpff! Apparently, y'all don't appreciate the dangers untied shoelaces can pose....
:meme: I do. But, but hawt humanatarians can require assistance with their laces too! :whistling-1: