#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

From GBB at the CH:

CLACK UNLIMITED CRISIS - PLEASE READ

You know that saying, you don't miss something until it's gone? I really don't want to be saying that about Clack Unlimited next year. Especially with things about to heat back up for Clay. CU is more than a vault. It's a historical record of all of Clay's performances to date.

Unforunately, we're still losing subscriptions to Clack Unlimited, and our ability to keep the site afloat is in serious jeopardy. We currently have funds to keep the site running another couple of months at best.

Our ability to pay the operating costs for CU is based on both the one-off donations and monthly subscription commitments made during fundraisers. Since most fans opt for monthly subscriptions, we rely on those monthly payments to finance the vault. We have a very modest sum of money in the account from the one-off donations and that's dwindling quickly because of the lower subscription payments coming in every month. With CU, the one-off donations are way, way down.

I think a lot of people feel like, "things are slow right now. I'm not downloading much Clack. I'll re-start my subscription when Clay starts touring again." The problem with that is whether Clay's touring or not, we still have to pay the operating expenses for CU every month.

The situation is dire and we need to get a handle on it now.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

Share this information with your home boards (we're currently awaiting permission to post this at Clayboard and OFC, so hold off there).

If you are under the impression that you have an active monthly subscription, check your Paypal account and ensure this is the case. If your subscription has expired or was terminated because there was a problem with your funding source and you would like to start up a new one, please visit http://www.clackunlimited.com/ and click on "subscribe." You will also find instructions there for mailing in donations.

If you are in a position to make a one-off donation, please use the same link above or send your donation to funds@clackunlimited.com

Thank you.

I know times are tight in this recession, but as she said, this historical record of Clay's performances could go away, and much of the stuff there is NOT on YouTube....

:clap:goldarngirl, that montage is sooooo cute! Great footage. Nice to see you back to montage making again. :)

I am glad that the baseball tourney is over. They played 2 games this morning/afternoon and ended up in 2nd place. Nothing wrong with 2nd place. ;) This afternoon I plan to enjoy the A/C and maybe do some food preparation that doesn't involve the stove. :cryingwlaughter: Piper seems a bit better......I think she just needed to rest in the A/C today and get some of her energy back.

:clap:goldarngirl, that montage is sooooo cute! Great footage. Nice to see you back to montage making again. :)

Thank you, it was fun. Bolding made me :cryingwlaughter: what have you and I been doing for the last four (count them four years :hysterical: )

Actually if you want a shock, I started counting these things that we've done are you ready??? 395 so far :highfive::twinklewhore:

Also thought I would throw a youtube link in here for a montage I just finished. It's been a couple of years since I have done a single montage but this song just hit me.

Lover Come Baaack

Hope you enjoy.

I have it loading now! :thumbsup:

Well, now I know what I'll do when my mother falls and I'm here all alone. Call 911. :cryingwlaughter:

I could not get her up, and she would not stop trying, and she kept getting agitated, so I finally decided that she was not going to be able to get up on her own or with my help, and we shouldn't wait for me to call another sibling to get here from an hour away because she'd be trying to get up the whole time and wear herself out, so I called 911. The operator was following a formula and asking me all these questions as if she were in dire straits and wouldn't let me talk at all--I guess that's his job--but when the EMTs came they were great. She had gotten really agitated after I called because she was afraid they were going to take her to the hospital, so I met them at the door and quickly explained, and they were just wonderful. Put her immediately at ease, helped her up, helped her into the bed and left. They could tell, of course, by the way she moved, that she was OK. It wasn't a bad fall at all this time, just a little slide out of the bed onto the floor. No bumps, no bruises. That woman is indestructible, I'm telling you, but she just cannot get up off the floor when she falls. Which she does fairly regularly. It's a dementia thing--she has trouble making a connection with the floor with her feet. Sometimes when she's trying to get off her chair her feet will churn like she's riding a bicycle trying to figure out this foot to floor thing. Other times she has no problem. While on the floor, as I was trying to help her get up, she kept saying, "Don't push me out of the bed." :hysterical: But she stayed mostly coherent and reasonably calm under the circumstances, and so did I. :hysterical: So now I'm going to have to sleep with one ear on the monitor all night. I fixed her bar so she could not get out of bed on her own and she yelled at me about that, so I compromised and put it 3/4 across the bed. Usually with it that way she makes enough racket that I wake up and get down there before she gets herself fully up, and I can get there to help her.

Glad the EMT guys were so good. Too bad, the 911 person wouldn't have let you just explain simply, "I'm calling for my mom, she says, "I've fallen and I can't get up". No to all of your blood/trouble breathing, etc...questions. She's just to heavy for me to lift, so send a strong, good looking man to come help me lift her please".

How old is mom?

So, Couchie wanted me to come up with a date for "early 2010 for Clay's new music"...let's see...early to me would be the first 3 months...The Winter Olympics in Vancouver start in Feb. so I don't think he would release a CD then unless of course he is singing a song at the Olympics, which could happen since Jaymes is from Vancouver and Parker is part Canadian but if not, I would think early March..."checks calendar"

...first Tuesday in March is March 2...so that would be...30 days in Sept.; 31 in Oct....add in Nov, Dec, Jan...is Feb. a leap year? "gets out calculator"...

Kim

That's a good idea. I remember at a small, private board, we all made guesses for the release of a new album (OMWH) and me being somewhat of a pessimist, I won!

Not sure where the wording of "early 2010" came from cuz that's not what the OFC says. It says,

Expect new music in the first half of 2010!

We can expect it. Does that mean that we'll get it, lol? Time will tell. June 30th is still in the first half of 2010. I'm gonna go with June 30th, cuz that's the last day of the first half of the year. If it comes "soon"er, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd LOVE a Summer tour next year, so I'm gonna hope for May 31st to give a month for promo and concert prep (not that he does much of that, lol).

From GBB at the CH:

You know that saying, you don't miss something until it's gone? I really don't want to be saying that about Clack Unlimited next year. Especially with things about to heat back up for Clay. CU is more than a vault. It's a historical record of all of Clay's performances to date.

Unforunately, we're still losing subscriptions to Clack Unlimited, and our ability to keep the site afloat is in serious jeopardy. We currently have funds to keep the site running another couple of months at best.

Our ability to pay the operating costs for CU is based on both the one-off donations and monthly subscription commitments made during fundraisers. Since most fans opt for monthly subscriptions, we rely on those monthly payments to finance the vault. We have a very modest sum of money in the account from the one-off donations and that's dwindling quickly because of the lower subscription payments coming in every month. With CU, the one-off donations are way, way down.

I think a lot of people feel like, "things are slow right now. I'm not downloading much Clack. I'll re-start my subscription when Clay starts touring again." The problem with that is whether Clay's touring or not, we still have to pay the operating expenses for CU every month.

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

Share this information with your home boards (we're currently awaiting permission to post this at Clayboard and OFC, so hold off there).

If you are under the impression that you have an active monthly subscription, check your Paypal account and ensure this is the case. If your subscription has expired or was terminated because there was a problem with your funding source and you would like to start up a new one, please visit http://www.clackunlimited.com/ and click on "subscribe." You will also find instructions there for mailing in donations.

If you are in a position to make a one-off donation, please use the same link above or send your donation to funds@clackunlimited.com

Thank you.

I know times are tight in this recession, but as she said, this historical record of Clay's performances could go away, and much of the stuff there is NOT on YouTube....

I shall pass that message on. I have access to the CV vault but I think only one other person at the Shed or NNHB does and they ALL uses CU.

On and unrelated topic...

I'ts too goddamned HOT here!

When everybody was bitchin' and whining, "Where's Summer?", I was like 'Shaddap! It's loverly!" I'd much rather put up with some rain than heat. I HATE, HATE, HATESSSS heat and humidity SOOOOO much! It's hot and it's making me CRANKY! I was sitting here getting so hot with no air-conditioning, that I was starting to feel sick. I could never, ever live in somewhere like Texas or Georgia or Florida. If I had to be this hot all of the time, not only would I be a picky bitch but I'd be just a plain ole, miserable, cranky BITCH all of the time!

:tantrum::hissy:

ETA: Oh and I just edited out Aikim's Good Morning FCA Sun cuz it was annoying me being so demmed happy and perky this HOT, HOT, HOT afternoon!

No, the heat is not making me extremely and irrationally irritable. :tantrum: Why do you ask?

:cryingwlaughter:

Thank you, it was fun. Bolding made me :cryingwlaughter: what have you and I been doing for the last four (count them four years :hysterical: )

Actually if you want a shock, I started counting these things that we've done are you ready??? 395 so far :highfive::twinklewhore:

You've been making CONCERT montages... a totally DIFFERENT kind of montage, lol.

TimeTravelerPax, :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

Well, now I know what I'll do when my mother falls and I'm here all alone. Call 911. :cryingwlaughter:

I could not get her up, and she would not stop trying, and she kept getting agitated, so I finally decided that she was not going to be able to get up on her own or with my help, and we shouldn't wait for me to call another sibling to get here from an hour away because she'd be trying to get up the whole time and wear herself out, so I called 911. The operator was following a formula and asking me all these questions as if she were in dire straits and wouldn't let me talk at all--I guess that's his job--but when the EMTs came they were great. She had gotten really agitated after I called because she was afraid they were going to take her to the hospital, so I met them at the door and quickly explained, and they were just wonderful. Put her immediately at ease, helped her up, helped her into the bed and left. They could tell, of course, by the way she moved, that she was OK. It wasn't a bad fall at all this time, just a little slide out of the bed onto the floor. No bumps, no bruises. That woman is indestructible, I'm telling you, but she just cannot get up off the floor when she falls. Which she does fairly regularly. It's a dementia thing--she has trouble making a connection with the floor with her feet. Sometimes when she's trying to get off her chair her feet will churn like she's riding a bicycle trying to figure out this foot to floor thing. Other times she has no problem. While on the floor, as I was trying to help her get up, she kept saying, "Don't push me out of the bed." :hysterical: But she stayed mostly coherent and reasonably calm under the circumstances, and so did I. :hysterical: So now I'm going to have to sleep with one ear on the monitor all night. I fixed her bar so she could not get out of bed on her own and she yelled at me about that, so I compromised and put it 3/4 across the bed. Usually with it that way she makes enough racket that I wake up and get down there before she gets herself fully up, and I can get there to help her.

Glad the EMT guys were so good. Too bad, the 911 person wouldn't have let you just explain simply, "I'm calling for my mom, she says, "I've fallen and I can't get up". No to all of your blood/trouble breathing, etc...questions. She's just to heavy for me to lift, so send a strong, good looking man to come help me lift her please".

How old is mom?

I did start with all that, but I think the 911 guy just had to cover his bases, and also figure out whether they should turn on the sirens and bust ass, which they didn't, thank goodness.

Mom turned 96 last Sunday. :o

On an unrelated topic...

I'ts too goddamned HOT here!

When everybody was bitchin' and whining, "Where's Summer?", I was like 'Shaddap! It's loverly!" I'd much rather put up with some rain than heat. I HATE, HATE, HATESSSS heat and humidity SOOOOO much! It's hot and it's making me CRANKY! I was sitting here getting so hot with no air-conditioning, that I was starting to feel sick. I could never, ever live in somewhere like Texas or Georgia or Florida. If I had to be this hot all of the time, not only would I be a picky bitch but I'd be just a plain ole, miserable, cranky BITCH all of the time!

:tantrum::hissy:

ETA: Oh and I just edited out Aikim's Good Morning FCA Sun cuz it was annoying me being so demmed happy and perky this HOT, HOT, HOT afternoon!

No, the heat is not making me extremely and irrationally irritable. :tantrum: Why do you ask?

:cryingwlaughter:

Heat without AC is bad news. When I lived up north, I tried--going to the movies, going to the mall, and even cold showers. Hang in there!! :hangin:

{{{{{jmh and mom}}}}} Glad it turned out ok for you both!!!

th_Moscow3-1.jpg Just a bit of a Reed update, so scroll if you don't care. :cryingwlaughter:

Per his facebook, Reed left for Paris again yesterday. Mylene Farmer has a round of 5 huge stadium concerts coming up in September, and the crew will be spending two weeks prior to the first concert in Geneva rehearsing. Because the tour has reserved the Geneva stadium for the rehearsal period, a major soccer match had to be relocated - so this is a big deal.

Following the Mylene fan boards and blogs (using Google translator) has been a hoot, because they are just like us. One of the blog entries I read was all about the fans' plans to celebrate Mylene's birthday during her show on September 12 by breaking out the glowsticks during a particular song and then releasing white balloons. I haven't dug around deep enough to see if there's a rival fan board that's moaning and groaning about how lame those plans are and how they will refuse to participate, but I'm sure it's out there. :whistling-1:

bottle.... BWAH!!! Wonder if Reed gets to keep any of his costumes. I'll bet there is a couple Clay might like quite a bit... :cryingwlaughter:

goldarngirl... thanks for the montage.... it was GREAT!!!

Speaking of Harry Potter.... I went to see it at an IMAX theatre and the opening sequence, with the 3-D glasses, made me queasy... LOL All that swooping around London.... up and down.... back and forth.... around corners.... F.A.S.T. :cryingwlaughter:

Liney23 I also saw Harry Potter in IMAX and does make you a little nauseated in the movement. My husband commented he thought it would of been neat to see the whole thing in 3D. I said I would of been sick after 30 minutes. I am glad they only had 12 minutes with 3D vision.

Liney23 I also saw Harry Potter in IMAX and does make you a little nauseated in the movement. My husband commented he thought it would of been neat to see the whole thing in 3D. I said I would of been sick after 30 minutes. I am glad they only had 12 minutes with 3D vision.

Kewl! Swooping through the air! Right up my alley! :clap:

I'd forgotten about HP! I should have gone today. Would have been a great way to beat the heat!

From GBB at the CH:

PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

Thank you.

I'm assuming that it's been posted at CV and CC?

I just posted it at NNHB and at the Shed and on all of my Claytionery groups. :thumbsup:

Just a little diversion, if you are interested. This is my friend's son and his daughter jamming out (she's around two, and playing the harmonica). It's very cute when it's "broken" and she asks her dad to fix it. Then the second time she says, "thank you."

:GE_FCA:

It's "Scarlett Day" in the new Carolina On My Mind blog, celebrating August 16 with memories of Elvis and Clay's Ft. Myers SRHP Concert! This is the summary at the OFC:

The Ft. Myers SRHP Concert earned a special place in the annals of Clay when the singer took over Scarlett's camera and temporarily joined the clack gathering ranks in 2007. Our family's camera received a boost this week, and a long overdue four-photo Kai update is included.

Keeping it all in the FCA family, the blog leads with a cindilu2 graphic. Hope you enjoy! :dancingbanana:

Birthday greetings to TimeTravelerPax! :bdayparty2:

jmh123 and Mom -- sending prayers and good thoughts.

Have a great week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

but I'd be just a plain ole, miserable, cranky BITCH all of the time!

And this is news?

I actually watched HP without the 3D and I got nauseous and dizzy during that part. I had to look away several times.

Also thought I would throw a youtube link in here for a montage I just finished. It's been a couple of years since I have done a single montage but this song just hit me.

Lover Come Baaack

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks very much, gg! :thankyou:

And gg, thanks for asking me to do the Vancouver JNT audio blocks. I forgot to list those in our stress removal list but it was great to listen to the full show today. I'll have the continuous audio uploaded 'sooner than yet' :P, well actually the first file is already uploading.

luckiest, thanks also for noticing the small glitch in the XviD for the 1st song. I will re-upload as soon as I'm done with the audio.

Belated, but verra verra Happy Birthday wishes to cha cha trusty & FromClaygary and not-quite-yet belated verra verra Happy Birthday wishes to TimeTravelerPax!

:happybirthday01::partytime::happybirthday01::partygirl::happybirthday01: :fest09:

I know she lurks around here from time to time...and speaking of time...

Happy birthday TimeTravelerPax!

ldyjocelyn==I am voting on your great picture poll, I love it-- and hate it too when I cant decide. Thanks for that.

ThankYou all so much for the happy B'day wishes from all who sent them or thought them. Happy wishes are an important part of life. I had a very nice day in spite of the heat here in hot humid Jersey--but Im used to that, and finding such great wishes from FCA tops off the day--

ThankYou all it means a great deal!!

:party045:

Also Happy BDay to fellow Leos cha cha trusty & FromClaygary.

:happybirthday01:

jmh123 and Mom--prayers and good thoughts to you both. :elephanthugs:

:GE_FCA:

It's "Scarlett Day" in the new Carolina On My Mind blog, celebrating August 16 with memories of Elvis and Clay's Ft. Myers SRHP Concert! This is the summary at the OFC:

The Ft. Myers SRHP Concert earned a special place in the annals of Clay when the singer took over Scarlett's camera and temporarily joined the clack gathering ranks in 2007. Our family's camera received a boost this week, and a long overdue four-photo Kai update is included.

Keeping it all in the FCA family, the blog leads with a cindilu2 graphic. Hope you enjoy! :dancingbanana:

Caro :listen:

Ah...good times...good times... :clap:

Hadda go watch my own vid that you linked there Caro, lmao. Haven't seen that one in almost 2 years, lol. Kinda hadda find a hole to shoot through there, lol. That was pretty much full on zoom...me faaaaaaaaaar left (good for seeing Clay hiding behind Quiana but kinda sucky otherwise, lol)...and Clay 2/3 of the way over on the other side of the stage!

I droppeded that camcorder on the floor with the tray open a few months ago. I brokeded it. :( No idea where to get it fixed, so just found another one on ebay.

A Happy Birthday to you TimeTravelerPax!

Goldarngirl, I've been over to YouTube watching your videos, Lover Come Back is neat! Haven't heard that Doris Day song in years..of course it's even that much better updated with the fabulous man featured in the video, LOL.

Also discovered The Way You Make Me Feel, Love it! There are clips there I haven't seen before. A great job of blending them so smoothly.

Caro, your new blog is awesome!

Scarlett thanks again for your clack, the audio was perfect for the montage.

Hi to everyone, and thank you for your visits to my Solitaire Delight blog!

Have a great week, hope it cools off for you in the extreme heat.

:starhugs: