#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

I'm so sorry about your mom Claylove. I worry about that too. Oh and JMH too. I've been there and done that. I don't even think about trying to get my mom to hospitals anymore..it's 911 all the way. Hugs to everyone with "parent' issues!!

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Good Lord, where is everyone?

Yesterday's photo tourney was close, but by the evening hours, a winner emerged!

AI3Solitairethud.jpg

Here is today's tourney poll! And thanks for all the compliments on the tourney, it's been fun working on it, and watching the votes!

CRAP!!! I missed yesterday's tourney! Luckily, I love tht picture! :Thud:

Aaaaahhh - I have to give an entirely-O/T-squeeee. Donny Osmond and the Chairman (from Iron Chef America) on DWTS this season. Shit. I'm gonna have to watch it now. :cryingwlaughter:

Shit. I'm gonna have to NOT watch it now, because Fucking Hot-Tub Tom DeLay is on there. That evil lying thief doesn't get to stay on my TV screen longer than it takes to hit the remote control. So somebody please let me know when his sorry ass is voted off so I can start watching it this season.

What a bummer, man. It was one of the few network shows I watched anymore.

ETA: With his gerrymandering shenanigans of a few years ago, for which he was indicted, he was my congressman for a while -- until he quit after being indicted for a laundry list of things.

Guess who my congressman is now ......... Ron Paul, better known in these parts as "The Congressman From Dow Chemical."

Should I just freaking MOVE???? I mean, how many nutjobs can one constituent take. At least one that READS!!!!!

I feel your pain since I live in the same district. Since we are probably in the minority, we are probably stuck with these nut jobs forever. The congressman that replaced him when he was under indictment was a good guy, so of course with the thinking in our area, he did not have a chance of staying. I will be watching DWTS and hoping that De Lay gets kicked off first. I think he is doing the show to improve his image. Like that is ever going to happen. The man is a crook.

Just popping in to say hi!

I'm loving the pics...that is one sexay man!

Things around my way are looking a little bit better and it looks like I will be able to go to the gala after all. Yeah!

Things around my way are looking a little bit better and it looks like I will be able to go to the gala after all. Yeah!

YAY!!! :twinklewhore:

:dancetom: Woohoo, you lucky devil!! :dancetom:

Just got an interesting phone call from my MIL...my BIL's daughter is going to be on Extreme Makeover! They live in Champaign, Illinois and the show blew into town today and they are going to be tearing down her house on Thursday...I guess they have to have the new house up in about a week. Everyone is very excited; although there is some concern about how they will handle things when it is all done since their taxes, etc. will go up. If you can't afford a $250.000 house before Extreme Makeover, how can you afford it afterwards? It would be interesting if they did a show going back to some of these people a year later to see how they are faring.

They have a 100 year-old house now that is being torn down...they are out of town right now, so the show will be packing up their house and putting things in storage so they can get building...not sure if I would like that.

It will be interesting though, to see how this all works out...I don't watch the show, but I will have to watch this episode.

Kim

YAY for merrieeee going to the Gala! Can't wait to see you again!

aikim, I've read that the show helps afterwards with the taxes as well, although I would have to do the research on that. I've also read of a story where a couple had the house built, lived in it for two years, and then got a second mortgage on the home and went bankrupt. I think it may totally depend on how the people can deal with the sudden changes -- some can be sensible, some can be stupid. We had a family about 20 miles from us that had their house redone. They made some changes after the show left (mostly because of personal taste) but in many ways, the house helped so much, especially for their son, who has brittle bone syndrome.

YAY for merrieeee going to the Gala! Can't wait to see you again!

aikim, I've read that the show helps afterwards with the taxes as well, although I would have to do the research on that. I've also read of a story where a couple had the house built, lived in it for two years, and then got a second mortgage on the home and went bankrupt. I think it may totally depend on how the people can deal with the sudden changes -- some can be sensible, some can be stupid. We had a family about 20 miles from us that had their house redone. They made some changes after the show left (mostly because of personal taste) but in many ways, the house helped so much, especially for their son, who has brittle bone syndrome.

I didn't know that about the taxes, that is nice to know. Jennifer and her hubby are pretty level-headed people (they have 4 kids) and I don't imagine they would get into this without doing some research.

I am sure my MIL will be calling me with details, so I will let you know how it goes and when the episode will be airing.

Kim

You know if Clay had done a tour this year it's doubtul I would have been able to attend at all. But I'd still be listening on the cellcert rather than sitting here laughing at iCarly. Sam is the best teen character ever. Color me pathetic. Counting down to the first day of school and no more Disney channel, Nik, or Cartoon Network.

Clay is on the DECCA artists list now!

http://www.deccarecords-us.com/artists/

Kim

WOOHOO!!! Wonderful news, aikim! :yahoo:

Awesome that merrieeee will be attending the Gala! :dancingbanana:

I am never ahead, but I posted an Orlando SRHP Concert (8/19/07) anniversary blog one day early! Hope you enjoy the performance videos, photos, and NJU stories: Carolina On My Mind.

Have a great week, all!

:hugs-1:

Caro :listen:

:hello::cryingwlaughter: Yes, just got home around 10:30 PM and trying to do a quick catch up as when I tried to access anything Clay from the hotel internet, it was marked as "unsuitable" and immediately closed down :hysterical: .....so I'm so far behind!

Thank you SO much everyone for the birthday wishes! I had the most awesome birthday EVER! Spent it in Boston's Little Italy, partying with mmmm.....about 150, 000 of my closest friends. :lol:

But the BEST part......Facebook helped me raise $250 for the Inclusion Project from the best folks anywhere in the world....many of whom live right here. :flirtysmile3:

You have NO idea how much that meant to me. Thanks everyone!! :twinklewhore:

...and now off to bed, as I have an interview tomorrow morning early....wouldntcha know?? :lol:

Maybe they like red-eyed groggy people. :)

:hello::cryingwlaughter: Yes, just got home around 10:30 PM and trying to do a quick catch up as when I tried to access anything Clay from the hotel internet, it was marked as "unsuitable" and immediately closed down :hysterical: .....so I'm so far behind!

Thank you SO much everyone for the birthday wishes! I had the most awesome birthday EVER! Spent it in Boston's Little Italy, partying with mmmm.....about 150, 000 of my closest friends. :lol:

But the BEST part......Facebook helped me raise $250 for the Inclusion Project from the best folks anywhere in the world....many of whom live right here. :flirtysmile3:

You have NO idea how much that meant to me. Thanks everyone!! :twinklewhore:

...and now off to bed, as I have an interview tomorrow morning early....wouldntcha know?? :lol:

Maybe they like red-eyed groggy people. :)

Glad you are home safe and sound and....

YIPPEEE for a good holiday, a great birthday, a wonderful fundraising AND *keeps fingers crossed* for job interview. Good Luck.

Smartcookie.... :welcome22:

{{{{{{claylove and mom and dad and family}}}}}

merrieeee.... Yay! I'm glad things are looking better for you!!!

Just got an interesting phone call from my MIL...my BIL's daughter is going to be on Extreme Makeover! They live in Champaign, Illinois and the show blew into town today and they are going to be tearing down her house on Thursday...I guess they have to have the new house up in about a week. Everyone is very excited; although there is some concern about how they will handle things when it is all done since their taxes, etc. will go up. If you can't afford a $250,000 house before Extreme Makeover, how can you afford it afterwards? It would be interesting if they did a show going back to some of these people a year later to see how they are faring.

They have a 100 year-old house now that is being torn down...they are out of town right now, so the show will be packing up their house and putting things in storage so they can get building...not sure if I would like that.

It will be interesting though, to see how this all works out...I don't watch the show, but I will have to watch this episode.

Kim

aikim... keep us posted. I went to school in Champaign Urbana and got married there, too! I'd love to watch that episode also.

You know if Clay had done a tour this year it's doubtul I would have been able to attend at all. But I'd still be listening on the cellcert rather than sitting here laughing at iCarly. Sam is the best teen character ever. Color me pathetic. Counting down to the first day of school and no more Disney channel, Nik, or Cartoon Network.

Couchie... hey, I have grandchildren and have watched iCarly, too. Sam is wonderful! It'll be interesting to see where that actress ends up one day! We need a new crop of comedic actresses.

FromClaygary.... Good luck on your interview!!!

Caro... I just caught up on your blog! Loved it, especially Lap and Lacie... LOL Now I have to go watch Ft. Myers clack and find the clack from Orlando where Clay/Quiana trade places. I don't remember that one for some reason.

FromClaygary Good luck for your interview today and I hope you got enuf sleep.

Tonite on my first day back in Vancouver my daughter took me to see "For My Wife", one of the films in the Vancouver Queer Film Festival.

A very powerful documentary chronicles the making of an activist – Charlene Strong turned personal tragedy into triumph through activism and has become a leading voice for marriage equality.

Charlene was instrumental in getting a bill passed in Washington state to confer some legal rights to same sex partners and was honoured at the Hollywood GLADD awards for her documentary and her advocacy work.

:GM_FCA:

59 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

{{{{hugs}}}} to all that need them...

Welcome to smartcookie!

Good luck on the interview FromClaygary!

Yesterday's picture tourney was another one that wasn't all that close, and I wasn't surprised.

clay11.jpg

Today, we being the second half of the first part of the tourney. Yes, we've voted on 32 pictures so far. One thing I want to mention is that some of you are having a hard time choosing between pictures now. Wait until we've gone through the entire batch, and then we start matching winners against each other! AAAAAGH!!!! Also, I do want to remind people that these pictures were paired RANDOMLY. I put pictures into a photobucket account as I stumbled upon them, with input from other admins and mods. Then, I just numbered them...and then had my husband pull numbers out of a Clay Aiken bucket hat to randomize them. Therefore, the "cruelness" of some of the pairings!

The new photo tourney is here!