#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

And my husband's family - chocolate cake, polish sausage and hard boiled eggs... :shrug:

spikesmom.... together???? O.M.G. :cryingwlaughter:

I loved his answers last night...

I get the feeling that since Clay has come out, he is not so afraid anymore of just being himself and letting the chips fall where they may. Those hanging on to their dreams for him need to let those dreams go and let him create his own dreams. I imagine I'll like his dreams jest fine!!!

Hopefully, he is financially solid. He has a family, a hunk of a boyfriend, and a wonderful new record label. For him, life is good. Seeing him this happy makes my life good, too!!!

I imagine he got real tired of the pretending to be what others wanted and is on a "this is who I am" kick that I love. The only thing that would disappoint me is if he never tours again. No matter what he has recorded, covers or not, his tours always have had a mix of tempos and been just plain F.U.N. and very entertaining. Unless he did the same sort of thing on tv, I needs him to tour oncet in a while.

Next year would be good, Clay! :cryingwlaughter:

Apparently Clay was online this morning sometime...wondering if he was checking out the responses to his answers?

Kim

Apparently Clay was online this morning sometime...wondering if he was checking out the responses to his answers?

Kim

Maybe he was looking for some of that career, marketing, and recording advice his fanagers are always so ready to offer him. :wordpooper:

I like that Clay is always full of surprises. It certainly makes things interesting. As far as the covers, I get mad that Clay was one of the only ones who was made fun of for doing it. Seal has done covers, many of which I think are great, even a lot of these rappers and hip hop artists have also done covers, but Clay is the one critics trashed. The only problem I had with ATDW's was that the covers were ones that I had heard so many times that I was already sick of them to begin with. Even though Clay did a great job with them, my interest in most of the songs didn't last nearly as long as the songs on OMWH. Now songs like IYDKMBN and some of the ones he has done in concert were not ones that I was as familiar with, so I love those. And Broken Wings was just awesome so that one I could never get bored with.

Kim

Maybe he was looking for some of that career, marketing, and recording advice his fanagers are always so ready to offer him. :wordpooper:

Plenty of that there...Clay has been in the business 7 years; has seen the ugliest of ugly where it is concerned; is still hanging in there and preparing to launch the next step in his career and yet some fans still think they know better than him how to manage his career...Lord...it drives me insane!

Kim

Listening to music through our Direct TV; always listen to the 60's channel...what's playing...The Beatles singing Twist and Shout...I do believe that was previously recorded.

Kim

Fanagers. I like the sound of that.

I think one of the things that I almost always keep in mind when I think of Clay Aiken and his choices in music was his blog early in 2006. "Open your mind." To me, yes, many of the ATDW songs were overplayed even before Clay got to them. But, I listened with an open heart and open mind, and discovered the beauty in his interpretations for those songs. I feel the same way about the idea of him doing more interpretations in the future. He sings like a charm.

Off to go see the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew do a live simulcast, in movie theaters across the country, riffing on the worst movie ever, "Plan 9 from Outer Space." Should be a blast!

Kim

:hysterical::hysterical::word::hysterical:

Off to go see the Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew do a live simulcast, in movie theaters across the country, riffing on the worst movie ever, "Plan 9 from Outer Space." Should be a blast!
Oh man, now I'm jealous! Where do you find out what their appearance schedule is?

Well shit. That would have been so fun to attend! But alas, even though there are several locations within driving distance to me on that list, none are close enough for me to make it from here on my ass to there on my ass in less than hour :( P00P!!

Thanks for the quick response and info though, ldyj :cry4: Maybe you could provide a brief recap of the hilarity soon to ensue? pweese

Found some thread title suggestions in the past few posts, lol:

Personally, my fav is #6.

1. ...chocolate cake and sweet pickles! Just no...

2. Chocolate cake & pickles? He must be pregnant!

3. I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.

4. maybe he just sucks it up

5. Chocolate cake and pickles??????!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!

6. I love when he's in the mood!

ETA:

7. I don't care what he sings, but HOLY CRAP pickles and chocolate cake???

ETA: Actually, I like #7, now! :cryingwlaughter:

I have SUCH ADD, lol. Had 2 different reply windows open. :cryingwlaughter:

The only problem I had with ATDW's was that the covers were ones that I had heard so many times that I was already sick of them to begin with. Even though Clay did a great job with them, my interest in most of the songs didn't last nearly as long as the songs on OMWH.

Yup. ITA.

I'm trying hard here to figure out what to type cuz a lot of what I'm thinking falls under the "fanager" category. Sawry.

Actually, no...not really "fanager"...I hope. Really, it's just more my opinions and how I feel about stuff and some "hopes". I hope. :shrug:

So here... read or scroll, lol....

Re: ATDW. I already was tired of some of the songs on ATDW from my high-school/University days and l already really didn't care for some of them (and one of them...HYCA, I hated), so I definitely had an "Oh, NOOOOOOOOOO! reaction when I first saw the tracklist for ATDW. I tried to listen. I really did (except for HYCA cuz I just can't stand that song, lol) but in the end, I really only listened to 5 songs on ATDW and I just hit the ffwd button for the rest. Not a great percentage. Went back to my JBT CDs fairly quickly. The problem for me wasn't so much that the songs on ATDW were "previously recorded material"....because after all, I fell in love with Clay singing "previously recorded material" on AI2 and loved JBT, which was 90% "previously recorded material" The problem, I think was the choice of 70s and 80s ballady love songs... not my cuppa. I think I'd be happy with a CD with some originals and some covers if the covers aren't being pigeon-holed into one time period and one style. I think that some songs that Clay wanted included on ATDW got excluded because they didn't fit the "70s/80s love songs cover formula". He pretty much said so a couple of times. I'm optimistic that he won't have the same restrictions on him at Decca and that he can find a mix of previously recorded songs, that haven't been "done to death"...(such as TRM, that I'd certainly never heard before) and new material that he likes...hopefully a mix of uptempo and ballads like on OMWH.

Well, I can't say that I hate ATDW as much as CF, but then I'm not a picky bitch like CF either. I do love how he sings the songs, although was never a big fan of ATD's. Can't get past the spinning balls. But ATDW's didn't hold my interest as long as OMWH has. And like I said, it wasn't due to covers, but because the covers were all songs that were played to death originally. However, I am still good with whatever he chooses to sing because, for me, it is all about the voice. Well, that and the face, body, intelligence, humor, compassion, etc. Great hair too. And the most beautiful smile on the planet.

it is all about the voice. Well, that and the face, body, intelligence, humor, compassion, etc. Great hair too. And the most beautiful smile on the planet.

Hmm maybe there is one "little" thing you left out? :whistling-1:

Well crap! I love ATDW and still listen to it all the time. Clay is the only one who can make me love a song that I previously didn't much like, such as Here You Come Again. When I first heard he was recording that I was like, you have got to be kidding?!?!? But then I heard it OMG. Who can make a twangy Dolly Parton song sexy?? Clay Aiken that's who. Apparently, I am not so objective because I love anything Clay sings. As soon as I hear that voice, its brand new for me and I have yet to prefer an original of anything over Clay's version. The fandom cracks me up because honestly I don't want to tell Clay what he should be doing or should be singing. I have enough decisions I have to make in my own life nevermind his. lol But I do want for him to make those decisions and be able to say how much he loves what he does, and to know that as a fan I back him 100%. Because I know whatever Clay touches will be new, fresh and golden for me. And if it puts that beautiful smile on his face too, its all good!

The only music I really hate is jazz.

I'm betting that will be Clay's next album.

I will, I'm sure, learn to love jazz.

Oh God.

Please tell me we're not gonna get on the spinning ball merry-go-round again.

Please?

Fanagers? Fublicists?

Fucking brilliant!!! :cryingwlaughter:

So much more eloquent and witty than ENF's. :lilredani:

it is all about the voice. Well, that and the face, body, intelligence, humor, compassion, etc. Great hair too. And the most beautiful smile on the planet.

Hmm maybe there is one "little" thing you left out? :whistling-1:

Little? Little? I'm racking my brain here woman, and I can't think of anything little about that man!

Hands? Feet? Accent? Power tool? :hubbahubba:

Please tell me we're not gonna get on the spinning ball merry-go-round again.

I missed that ride. Rollercoasters R funner.

I swear to god that when I was reading Clay's answers in the Q&A, somebody asked something about the lyrics of ATD had been changed and they mentioned the "spinning balls" line and that some of his fans don't care for that line and asked him if he would have liked to have changed it.

:wordpooper:

:fssign: