#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

HBD, Caro!!! These times, I'm especially glad to have your blog to watch for.

Thnx again for all the birthday greetings here and at the Carolina site. I'm glad you're enjoying the blogs, Scarlett. :thbighug-1:

balloon15.gif Love the balloons, cindilu2, and had to right-click some of these.

It's been a chillin' kind of day. Just talked with an old friend from Nashville for over an hour. We're almost caught up now. :whistling-1:

{{{Couchie and Moma Tomato}}}

Have an awesome weekend, all! :rainbowsmile:

Caro listen.gif

R.I.P Walter Cronkite.

And that's the way it is...

yes ..my hero...one of them anyway and one of the reasons I wanted to be a journalist - but by the I went to school things had changed so much and it just wasn't for me. Unfortunately I had 3 years in already so finished up LOL.

Mom is home and doing fine.

Yay for your nice curry dish, jmh! What kind of curry did you use? Also, :thankyou: for the :starhug: icon!

You're welcome for the :starhugs:. I love it too! I used a bit of garam marsala and a bit of Indian curry spice. It was an unusual situation, because I'd baked some chicken in a tandoori marinade I made, and had way too much chicken leftover, so I made the curry sauce with coconut milk, lime juice, and spices, but I didn't want to overdo the spices because the chicken already had a lot of flavor cooked into it. So now I have way too much chicken curry. :cryingwlaughter:

Mom is home and doing fine.

That's good news! I'm heading for my mom's tomorrow, and I understand that she's better than she's been in months, walking to the table for meals, reading her e-mails, and checking out her bank accounts. The brain is a very strange thing for sure.

I have a reservation at the Marriott where the gala is being held for friday, sat and sun nights, but I might leave on sunday instead. Looking for a roomate or roomates to share expenses. I'm planning on flying in on thursday and have a room reserved for the hampton near crabtree mall also. Anyone interested pm me. If I don't get anyone for the marriott, there is also a posibility for me to share with someone else, I have been offered this but definite plans not yet settled. This if exciting. I will soon be booking my flight.

I must be tired so many typing mistakes lol

:pushingcake: Happy Birthday, Caro! :04:

A new blog at Ashes-Clay the Man: Clay Balls something to ponder . A story of treasures and jewels compwave.gif

Good god, it took me a second to figure out this was not what I.....you know.....thought it was. :hubbahubba:

But it was lovely just the same! And while I'm on the subject :needclay:

The second birthday in a row that I've been late! *bops self on head* Happy birthday, Carolina Clay!!!

:happybirthday05:

Does that make up for being late? *lol*

And :starhugs:jmh123 for the name change! Of course, it took me 4 tries to log in properly; I thought my log-in name would change too! Silly me. :lol:

ETA: Hm, yeah, I like to ponder about Clay's balls--I mean, I liked that story about the clay balls! Very true.

:whistling-1:

Good Morning Everyone,

So surprised that there is no mention that Clay was online last night; no blog or questions answers, but he was there for at least an hour. That is 3 days in a row...really wonder what he is up to...this is sure to fuel lots of speculation.

My thought...he is going back through the question thread and making notes on questions he missed the first time and is going to have a marathon answer session.

Sad news this morning...don't know how many knew her, but we lost a wonderful Clay fan last night, xxx4clay; she had been ill for sometime. She will be greatly missed; prayers and thoughts to her family.

91 Days until The BAF Gala:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I've seen speculation with Clay being on the OFC that he definitely has something in the works, and is checking the boards to see if we've found the information yet. Nosy women that we are...heh.

{{{{{{{{{{family of xxx4clay}}}}}}}}} She was a member here, and I remember her being a smart woman, not to mention a good taker of pictures....

173126571_img_1416tg.jpg

173125692_img_1395tg.jpg

172917528_img_1475tg.jpg

172905837_img_1464tg.jpg

222680744_img_2436tg.jpg

186857185_img_2438x1a1x.jpg

186843066_img_2430x1a.jpg

Deepest simpathy to the family. Is she the lady that clay spoke on the phone from the dinner in Raleigh with the group that didn't go see Celine Dion because of the storm?

She had spoke to him from her hospital bed.

Deepest simpathy to the family. Is she the lady that clay spoke on the phone from the dinner in Raleigh with the group that didn't go see Celine Dion because of the storm?

She had spoke to him from her hospital bed.

Yes, that was her, apparently she almost hung up on him. :) I loved her bawdy posts on CV, but when I met her in person the first time, she was very ladylike until I accused her of having a ghost writer. That broke her up.

Rest in peace dear funny lady.

Ohhhh, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of xxx4clay. She was a wonderful, funny, loving, lady with a great sense of humor and compassion. I lost track of her when she went into the hospital the first time and was so glad to hear she'd been the recipient of a phone call from Clay. She will very definitely be missed.

ETA: I am, however, very happy to know the joy she received from Clay, and to know that always and forever he will be the star in her heaven. She was always there for him, and when she was ill he was there for her too....how wonderful!

Speaking of Asheville, what great memories! I have been watching the TV medley and it was so much fun that night, singing the entire Brady Bunch theme song to Clay. I am glad that xxx4clay was able to attend so many great shows.

Well I am off to the John Cleese gala in Toronto this evening. If all Clay breaks loose, someone please text me!

RIP xxx4Clay... she will definitely be missed! Glad she got to talk to Clay.

{{{{{hugs to all her friends and family}}}}}

Walter Cronkite will also be very missed. He was an American icon; of the finest of our men and our journalists.

It's been a beautiful, if cool, summer day here, and I went a bit nuts with the camera at the local Botanical Gardens.

I'll only inflict a few pictures on you. Don't ask what any of the plants are, 'cause I generally have no clue. :cryingwlaughter:

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear about xxx4clay.

I have been stuck working trying to finish that 2 day project which turned into 4. There was just no way. But I'm about 90% done. I'm going to finish it tonight and then take tomorrow off!! Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is having a nice saturday.

I didn't know xxx4clay, but I'm very sorry to hear the sad news.

Harry Potter? I could use a fortune in Gringotts gold... At the moment, I'm trying to turn a $750 book bill (all used books!) into something a bit smaller. It's not very helpful that my mother won't allow me to get a job...