#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Oh man, Lotus...I was chuckling to myself that over the last week in Kroger, I've been hearing Without You (ATDW version) and TITN and Invisible and OMWH whenever I'm in the store and I giggle to myself!

Interesting topic, I love Clay's cover songs or remakes as they were known back in the day. ATDW and OMWH both contained new songs but they were ignored by the critics, likely 'cuz they couldn't really find anything to bash about them! Anyhow, when Clay sings an oldie, he always makes it fresh and improved from the original..I love them!

New songs, old songs, Clay sings and I listen and enjoy.

Speaking of new and old, I have a new blog up!

EX.gif

Follow That Dream A new blog with the August 20 press news release for the name change of the BAF to The National Inclusion Project,

Clay blends, and montages from SueReu and Wowzers4Clay.

For something different--An Elvis blend and montage too. How odd to put Elvis in a Clay Aiken fan blog eh! It ties in, believe me!

friday-1.jpg

I need some help! I'm at the CU looking for the Kimmel "I shaved my leg for you!" interview and can't find it. Can anyone help me out?

it is all about the voice. Well, that and the face, body, intelligence, humor, compassion, etc. Great hair too. And the most beautiful smile on the planet.

Hmm maybe there is one "little" thing you left out? :whistling-1:

merrieeee.... little???? ahhhh..... now if you had said extra-large... :cryingwlaughter:

Yesterday, my 13 year old grandson and I spent the day together driving around and doing stuff. In the meantime we listened to Clay on my CD player. Scotty got to choose the tracks..from MOAM.. Invisible, Perfect Day and Run to Me; from ATDW.. HYCA and Broken Wings, and from OMWH.. Falling, EIDN, OMWH and MDYK. We also had an in-depth discussion about Clay's relationships with Jaymes, Reed and, of course, Parker. Scotty thinks the way things have turned out for Clay is very cool and if anyone can handle it, Clay can. It's pretty amazing how much wisdom can come from a 13 year old. He had listened to LTS audio in my car on a previous day out and when I asked if he thought Clay would be a good father, he commented. "Well, he sure knows what NOT to do!"

Claymatron... kewl grandson... very smart, too!

KAndre.... I'm with you... I like a tiny fraction less than all of what Clay has sung. I loved ATDW cause those songs that everyone said had been played to death... I didn't remember any of them much cause I wasn't listening to radio in those days. Now, the one I did know well, HYCA, which I admit I was tired of Dolly's version, I absolutely adore the way he slowed it down and made a whole different song outa it. Sexy is right!!!

Maybe one day a social psychologist can do a paper on why everyone else in the industry can record "standards" or "classics" but Clay records "covers" and gets pilloried for it. I have never uderstood it.

clayz... it is under Television/Kimmel/Interview & Performance dated 060926

-snippy, snippy-

Maybe one day a social psychologist can do a paper on why everyone else in the industry can record "standards" or "classics" but Clay records "covers" and gets pilloried for it. I have never uderstood it.

clayz... it is under Television/Kimmel/Interview & Performance dated 060926

Thanks liney23! I was confused because it said Interview Performances and I thought it was, like, all the performances that he had done for the interviews so I didn't even look there!

RE: Bolded

Hee, I'm actually a sociology major. Maybe that will be my senior project. ;)

However, I am also a true blue member of the FURCA club and thus it will always be.

FURCA?

How long before FURCA turns into FUDCA? :cryingwlaughter:

FUDCA?

Am I the only one here who has NO clue what FURCA or FUDCA is supposed to mean?

Fuck...something...something Clay Aiken???? K. :meme:

We decided to try and grow watermelon this year in our garden and even though we didn't have a really hot summer, we got two nice size melons on the vine. Picked the biggest one tonight and sliced it up...it is so good...juicy and sweet...I think we may save some seeds and plant again next year!

Kim

ETA: FURCA = Fuck U RCA

FUDCA = Fuck U DECCA

I guess I am of two minds-

On the one hand, I have loved--and probably have a copy of-- each and every song on every album and from every concert and TV show that have passed his lips. Thank you clack-gathers!! Covers smovers, I love his voice and never cared for music much except motown and jazz, so I don't really know when he sings covers unless people talk about it. Every song he sings is new to me. I just want to hear his voice and interpretations. Truth be told, I am still waiting for Clays first "LIVE in Concert" album to appear since Tour-singing is my favorite, (I just hate the audience commentary). Otherwise I listen to tour versions of songs way more often than albums on a daily basis. To me, Albums by any singer--especially Clay, are usually too sterile and perfect, and I just buy Clays albums so he can be successful and take the songs to tour where he always improves upon them anyway. A live Clay tour album would show who he is, I think.

On the other hand, while I never angst about Clays album choices, I truly do belong to the FuckYou RCA club like ncgurrl, because for me in my heart, I feel there was real malice by several of them towards Clay not only in their music recording decisions, but also a deep personal sabbatoge toward Clay's career which includes a real 50s-style McCarthyesque smear campaign in modern internet form, which lasted 3 years and counting. Leaving RCA and moving to Decca--which is a step up in my book, was one of the happiest days in my fandom. Not ever wanting to know about Clays personal love-life, I would most definately want to hear the real story about Clive and Roger some day before I die, and hope it is exposed by someone sometime. That would be quite the story!! Decca will be much better I am 100%sure.

I just cant wait for Clay's future career, and I hope he makes many many different kinds of albums in the future from Pop to B'Way to Country to Covers---whatever...And live touring, with lots of surprises Its all up from here. I am happy for Clay. He can sing whatever he wants.

Go get the brass ring now, Clay! :needclay:

My deeply profound summary from today's thought provoking posts:

I fucking love ATDW! Especially Right Here Waiting! Fucking awesome!!

I have belonged to and possibly still hold my membership card to the FURCA club.

I can.not.fucking.wait for Clay's new kick ass CD. Whatever it may be, his fucking fantastic voice will be on it!

And yes, I want to fuck Clay Aiken :flirtysmile3:

treenuts, the MST3K thing last night was fantastic! Truly laugh-out-loud funny in so many ways.

I guess, for me, I truly don't understand the hatred that seemingly is still felt by many toward RCA. IMO -- it's been three years. Isn't there a way to let that go? Ancient history, and all that.

Here's the way I see much of it. I've been accused several times of being a pollyanna because I didn't care one way or the other about his recording contracts and the way Clay has been treated. I truly don't feel that anyone did anything on purpose to Clay Aiken in order to sully his name, save for one, and that one I've learned to ignore like crazy. (Still don't understand why his name or even his initials get bandied about still, to this day...but that's another story...) But I also don't see myself as a protector of Clay Aiken's good name, or his talent. I prefer to let that talent speak for itself, and have faith in his talent, and what he and HIS TEAM can do with it -- no matter who that team is. A good deal of this just feels so "protector" to me, and it just makes me go "blah."

I will always love so much of ATDW, no matter how it came about. Sure, it may not have been the album to put out at that time, but it's done. (Again, that ancient history thing...) I've got it in my hands, plus another great album besides. I am truly thankful for that. And if that makes me a pollyanna, or a simpleton -- I guess I just don't care.

Clay's career is what it is. It may not be what so many expected 5 years ago, but it's a good career, one that will continue for many, many years to come.

I will always love so much of ATDW, no matter how it came about.

Amen.

I would just add, no matter how the fans think it might have come about. Because really, isn't it all speculation put together from bits and pieces of this and that? What has Clay really said about it besides, there are many conspiracy theories but few actual conspiracies?

Yes, I remember reading some of the stories going around at the time and quite frankly most of them came from questionable sources.

If there is one thing this fandom has proven over and over and over again it is that we don't know nearly as much as we think we know. :)

---

*waves* from lurking.

:hello:

ETA: FURCA = Fuck U RCA

FUDCA = Fuck U DECCA

Thank you Aikim. :thankyou:

Well, I had THAT wrong didn't I? :cryingwlaughter:

I see CA and I think Clay Aiken, not the last 2 letters of RCA, lol.

Should have figured out FU though, lol. I's verra tired.

I wouldn't have figured out DCA for Decca though (that's kind of a pessimistic thought isn't it, lol???) Y'all expecting them to do sumthin' bad? eh.gif

I'll admit to blaming Clive and RCA for what I see as blunders in Clay's career and I still haven't made up my mind what percentage I figure was RCA's decisions, what percentage was Clive's decisions and what percentage was Clay's decisions. Don't think that's something we'll ever know. Somehow my gut tells me that whatever we get from Clay via Decca will be 90%ish Clay's decisions.

He is what he is....and I don't think that he ever had the "huge popstar" aspirations for himself that many of his fans had for him. At this point, I'm glad for the many opportunities to see him close-up, that I wouldn't have had if he'd have gone "supernova", like many had hoped. All I hope for now is for Clay to feel that he has enough fans to make a tour happen. (And to get to hear some of the awesome songs on OMWH live!!!! That man was meant to be heard LIVE!!!

(and ya can't make me love ATDW, lol)

OMWH Rocks man!!! (the CD...not the song, lol)

rockinkittysmaller-1.gif

I wouldn't have figured out DCA for Decca though (that's kind of a pessimistic thought isn't it, lol???) Y'all expecting them to do sumthin' bad? eh.gif

Oh, come on, you really think the fanagers will like whatever the future has to hold for Clay's career? When have they ever? Same old, same old, it gets very tiring after a while.

Clay's career is what it is.

I learned very quickly earlier this week of the immensity of those bolded words. My thoughts....as profound as they are not! If I don't like what has been done to Clay in the past well....it was what it was, as for his new stuff....it will be what it will be and what we have now....is what it is....soooo I'll just go with the flow because NOTHING anyone can do will change anything!

If I don't like something new I will just revert back to the old stuff. I never get tired of listening to, watching or laughing with him. I know I won't like everything (but no does) but I am not, by a long shot, writing him off yet because he used the dreaded "cover" word.

treenuts, the MST3K thing last night was fantastic! Truly laugh-out-loud funny in so many ways.

:hug: How cool! Somehow I knew it would be a blast! *sniff*

Pollyanna wrote:

Clay's career is what it is. It may not be what so many expected 5 years ago, but it's a good career, one that will continue for many, many years to come.

:clap:

That man was meant to be heard LIVE!!!
:yeahthat:

fanagers? BWHA HA HA.

Anyway.. ditto to everything LadyJ says.

RCA is old news. Decca is new news. I expect it to be a business not something that will love Clay as much as his fans do. It's no different than RCA. Maybe it will be a better fit for Clay, maybe not. Time will tell.

I totally agree about live Clay. I could very happily live the rest of my life without a new Clay album if somebody would guarantee me a tour once a year. Unfortunately it pretty much seems to go hand in hand.

May I double word ladyj?

Penny , I don't know if I can help. Here's a picture from my photobucket. When you get a picture go to my controls and find avatars. You right click for the img file and paste into this. Hopefully you can find a better picture.

RedBank6-2.jpg

I was waiting for "direction" re: the glasses, lol...

Ah well...

Glasses partay!!! :confetti-1:

I has just discovered that's a folder that I haven't made it PB yet...well...I made it but it was empty and all of my glasses pictures are scattered randomly on the old laptop somewhere.

I started a folder on this laptop. It has 1 picture in it so far, lol.

I'll just park myself here and collect, lol.

naturalwithglasses.gif

Clay's career is what it is.

I learned very quickly earlier this week of the immensity of those bolded words. My thoughts....as profound as they are not! If I don't like what has been done to Clay in the past well....it was what it was, as for his new stuff....it will be what it will be and what we have now....is what it is....soooo I'll just go with the flow because NOTHING anyone can do will change anything!

If I don't like something new I will just revert back to the old stuff. I never get tired of listening to, watching or laughing with him. I know I won't like everything (but no does) but I am not, by a long shot, writing him off yet because he used the dreaded "cover" word.

"It is what it is." :preachit:

He is what he is....and I don't think that he ever had the "huge popstar" aspirations for himself that many of his fans had for him. At this point, I'm glad for the many opportunities to see him close-up, that I wouldn't have had if he'd have gone "supernova", like many had hoped. All I hope for now is for Clay to feel that he has enough fans to make a tour happen. (And to get to hear some of the awesome songs on OMWH live!!!! That man was meant to be heard LIVE!!!

:word:

(and ya can't make me love ATDW, lol)

:dancetom:

ETA: or was going to add this emotie instead but couldn't get it uploaded the first time and got tired of waiting... :hmphcat:

Maybe we should have a listening party where everyone listens to each song and talks in detail about why they hate it? :cryingwlaughter: