#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

From CH:

From Aron Hall:

Quote:

We are proud to partner with the creators of Including Samuel, a nationally acclaimed documentary by photojournalist Dan Habib, 2008 Champions of Change Honoree.

The film comes to public television in September and October (Disability Awareness Month) with support from the National Inclusion Project and CVS Caremark All Kids Can.

BROADCASTS ARE CURRENTLY SCHEDULED FOR THE FOLLOWING STATES:

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin...and the list grows every week!

Go to www.includingsamuel.com for a regularly updated list of broadcasts and public screenings.

FILM SYNOPSIS:

Before his son Samuel was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, Habib rarely thought about the inclusion of people with disabilities. Now he thinks about inclusion every day. Including Samuel chronicles the Habib family's efforts to include Samuel in every facet of their lives. The film honestly portrays his family's hopes and struggles as well as the experiences of four other individuals with disabilities and their families. Including Samuel is a highly personal, passionately photographed film that captures the cultural and systemic barriers to inclusion.

HOST A FILM SCREENING PARTY!

The PBS Release of Including Samuel is a hallmark event for our mission of inclusion. Consider hosting a party for your friends and neighbors at your house or a larger venue that you have access to. This is a great opportunity to invite people who may not have a connection to inclusion in order to introduce them to the concept and benefits.

Go to www.includingsamuel.com to:

-Watch the film trailer.

-Download the “Screening & Outreach Kit” with discussion questions, photos, templates for posters and invitations, and more.

-Download free material from the ‘Resources’ section which features published research, curriculum and articles on inclusion, plus links to dozens of organizations.

-Purchase the DVD. National Inclusion Project supporters and volunteers can receive a 10% discount off the individual DVD, and 20% off purchases of 6 DVDs or more, by using the coupon code IS10IP.

If you choose to host a party, please let us know so that we can send you information that you can hand out about the National Inclusion Project. If you organize a larger party as a community gathering, we will be happy to promote it by including it on our event calendar.

Thank you for your continued support!

Consider hosting a party for your friends and neighbors at your house or a larger venue that you have access to.

I bet the media room at Casa Aiken could hold a pretty big group for a viewing party. What about it, Clay? I'll even bring my own bean bag chair. :whistling-1:

Fear... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: That was funny!

Bottle... can I come, too?

Caro... Great blog on Teddy. He stumbled after his brothers died, but he didn't give up, picked himself up and became a wonderful politician... two words you hardly ever put side by side.

Ok, this made me :cry4: again. Damn leaky eyes.

dancartKennedydead.jpg

But the senator’s condition took a turn Tuesday night and a priest — the Rev. Patrick Tarrant of Our Lady of Victory Church in Centerville, Mass. — was called to his bedside. Mr. Kennedy spent his last hours in prayer, Father Tarrant told a Boston television station, WCVB-TV.

Mr. Kennedy had told friends recently that he was looking forward to a “reunion” with his seven departed siblings, particularly his brothers, whose lives had been cut short.

“When he gets there, he can say ‘I did it, I carried the torch,’ ” Mr. Delahunt said. “ ‘I carried it all the way.’ ”

- NYTimes

And this?

.... with the exception of the "Jenna Bush" pictures. Does anyone like those?

I will assure you that one of those pictures will NOT be in the photo tourney, although I almost did it just to be a little shit. Hee.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Any Foodies here?

these 3 chefs are having a cooking demo/show/book signing by me. Rocco, Tyler Florence and Pat &Gina Neely. The tickets are $99.00, $45.00 and $25.00. A elderly lady at work is in love with Rocco. We want to get her & her daughter tickets but are wondering if we should go for the $99.00. The only thing it says is you sit in the gourmet section & a surprise. The $45.00 tickets are by the stage & off to the side.

don't know if the extra money to sit in the gourmet section is worth it.

We went to see a Steve Miller band concert last week. My friend was trying to take a picture of him. We were up high & she was focus her camera (which yes took her forever) the lady behind us whacked her chair with her cane about 5 times. told her she wasn't allowed to take videos. We were like "what ta heck??" funny the guy in front of us recorded the whole concert with a big video camera. Made me think of all the Clack gathers.

Steve Miller was awesome & did one set all acoustic. Think we can get Clay to do that?

Where is the line start to start pulling off those little white things off Clay's shirt?

That's funny ausdon. Maybe we can have a fingers pageant. But wait, I'll have to get my nails done and get new gloves for the evening gown part.

But dang we'd all have the best darn cleavage if we could just find those push up finger splints!!

Alas, I fear that the finger pageant would see me in last place (as usual) since my fingers are like the rest of me - short and stumpy and sporting a bit too much cleavage at the moment! :cry4:

Caro... Great blog on Teddy. He stumbled after his brothers died, but he didn't give up, picked himself up and became a wonderful politician... two words you hardly ever put side by side.

Thank you, liney23. I just added a montage to the Carolina that copingincalifornia made using "An Irish Lullaby" (Too Ra Lu Ra Loo Ra).

Cha Cha, there are compliments for the candlelight vigil pix. Many thnx! :)

Caro :listen:

New tweet posted by Drew Ferrar who is a music publicist and assistant to the V.P. of Publicity at Decca!

TWEET:

drewfa: Just met Clay Aiken

4 minutes ago from TweetDeck · Reply · View Tweet

Drew Farrar works for DECCA!!! Woohoo!

Richard Lacayo (Time Magazine) - When people were getting tired of hearing about racism or the poor or the decay of American cities, he kept talking. When liberalism was flickering, there was Kennedy, holding the torch, insisting that "we can light those beacon fires again."

Thank you, treenuts, Scarlett, and others who appreciated the compilation. Some cannot get past the Ted Kennedy's early demons and flaws; but I don't know how anyone can argue with the 2500 pieces of legislation advancing the rights of women, minorities, immigrants, gays, and the disabled.

Have a great day, all! :hug:

One of the historians I listened to last night, Michael Beschloss I believe it was, said that Teddy Kennedy and Noah Webster are the greatest senators in American history, and that Webster was fortunate to be in the company of Kennedy. Henry Clay didn't make the cut.

As for "flaws and demons," I see it this way: Teddy had two brothers assassinated by bullets to the brain, one was the President of the United States, the other one in the process of becoming President of the United States. His oldest brother, Joe, was blown to the winds with no body to bury when his plane vaporized on a secret bombing mission during WWII. His oldest sister, Kit, was killed in a plane crash in Europe. His learning disabled sister Rosemary was lobotomized by a quack doctor who convinced Joe Kennedy that he could cure her problems. His father was paralyzed by a stroke. Ted nearly died in a plane crash that killed two others and as a result of a broken back he suffered terrible pain his entire life. All of these tragedies in his life happened between the ages of 12 and 36. At 37, he was involved in the terrible accident at Chappaquiddick, no doubt as a result of alcohol, that took the life of a young woman, and he had to live with the responsibility for that for the rest of his life. Massachusetts continued to reelect him because he stood by and for the people, but life didn't get easier. He saw two children through cancer, one had a leg amputated at the age of 12. And then that awful loss of nephew John Jr.

As a result of his dedication to public service, there's probably no one alive in this country who hasn't benefited in some or many ways from the tireless and compassionate work of Ted Kennedy. There are too many wealthy, aristocratic politicians who work for the benefit of themselves and their class. Ted Kennedy worked for the least and the neediest among us, and always for the greater good of all, and, as the Constitution says, he promoted the general welfare of the United State of America. A GREAT man has passed.

Richard Lacayo (Time Magazine) - When people were getting tired of hearing about racism or the poor or the decay of American cities, he kept talking. When liberalism was flickering, there was Kennedy, holding the torch, insisting that "we can light those beacon fires again."

Thank you, treenuts, Scarlett, and others who appreciated the compilation. Some cannot get past the Ted Kennedy's early demons and flaws; but I don't know how anyone can argue with the 2500 pieces of legislation advancing the rights of women, minorities, immigrants, gays, and the disabled.

Have a great day, all! :hug:

One of the historians I listened to last night, Michael Beschloss I believe it was, said that Teddy Kennedy and Noah Webster are the greatest senators in American history, and that Webster was fortunate to be in the company of Kennedy. Henry Clay didn't make the cut.

As for "flaws and demons," I see it this way: Teddy had two brothers assassinated by bullets to the brain, one was the President of the United States, the other one in the process of becoming President of the United States. His oldest brother, Joe, was blown to the winds with no body to bury when his plane vaporized on a secret bombing mission during WWII. His oldest sister, Kit, was killed in a plane crash in Europe. His learning disabled sister Rosemary was lobotomized by a quack doctor who convinced Joe Kennedy that he could cure her problems. His father was paralyzed by a stroke. Ted nearly died in a plane crash that killed two others and as a result of a broken back he suffered terrible pain his entire life. All of these tragedies in his life happened between the ages of 12 and 36. At 37, he was involved in the terrible accident at Chappaquiddick, no doubt as a result of alcohol, that took the life of a young woman, and he had to live with the responsibility for that for the rest of his life. Massachusetts continued to reelect him because he stood by and for the people, but life didn't get easier. He saw two children through cancer, one had a leg amputated at the age of 12. And then that awful loss of nephew John Jr.

As a result of his dedication to public service, there's probably no one alive in this country who hasn't benefited in some or many ways from the tireless and compassionate work of Ted Kennedy. There are too many wealthy, aristocratic politicians who work for the benefit of themselves and their class. Ted Kennedy worked for the least and the neediest among us, and always for the greater good of all, and, as the Constitution says, he promoted the general welfare of the United State of America. A GREAT man has passed.

I totally agree with everything you say. Yes, the man had flaws, and he made a bad decision at Chappaquiddick, but I feel that he devoted the rest of his life to promote the general welfare of all US citizens, not just the rich and powerful. Also, the way he took over being a father figure for all the children in the Kennedy family is something to admire. Yes, a GREAT man and a GREAT Senator has passed.

Well, I was just going to post that picture, but you beat me to it...I think we need a new banner...good Lord in Heaven...about fell off my computer chair!

Kim

Alas, I fear that the finger pageant would see me in last place (as usual) since my fingers are like the rest of me - short and stumpy and sporting a bit too much cleavage at the moment! :cry4:

Hey mine are nothing to brag about.

Holy cow treenuts. Is this the same guy we were talking about the pills on his collar. Guarantee no one will notice any pills on him now. He looks amazing. Ladyj, I think we have a winner here for the contest.

NEW PICTURE :hubbahubba:

New tweet - Clay Aiken with David Novik, Head of A&R @deccalabelgroup

http://twitpic.com/fhr6u

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

It's official - Clay Aiken is a fucking stallion!!! Look at that torso. He looks like he's been working hard on that new hard body!! :Thud:

Holeeeeeeeeeee SHIT!!!

*done like dinner*

Not to be redundant here, but..

HOLY SHIT!!!! :tasty:

Those were the first words outta my mouth when I clicked that.

*runs off to banner land, trying to figure how to fit ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL that in one little banner.*

MEMO

To: Clay Aiken's Stylist, Clay Aiken's Publicist, Clay Aiken's Manager, Head of Decca Records, Clay Aiken's Personal Assistant and especially to CLAY AIKEN!

Re: Attached picture

Please study the attached picture; note every detail, from the sunglasses on the head, the hair length and color, the stubble (just the right amount) and the outfit...especially notice the jeans (takes a moment).

Your mission is to make sure that Clay Aiken adheres to this look at all times...especially while in concert, meet and greets (Oh Lord!) and any and all personal appearances.

At no time must he deviate from the "look"...(okay, the stubble may bother Parker, so he can shave in his off time)

I might also suggest that full length thudmats be designed to be sold at the OFC and all concerts for the safety and comfort of your fans (oxygen and defibrillators might not be a bad idea either)

Your prompt attention to the above matter is greatly appreciated.

(please excuse the drool and lipstick marks on the picture)

personal to Clay: "Are your sure you are gay? Really, really sure?

Not to be redundant here, but..

HOLY SHIT!!!! :tasty:

Those were the first words outta my mouth when I clicked that.

*runs off to banner land, trying to figure how to fit ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL that in one little banner.*

And a September calender, too? :flirtysmile3: