#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Great recap luckiest. :thumbup: Good thing somebody is good at recaps! YYG did one up too and I was like "How the HECK you remember all of that? And in order non-the-less, lol?"

My new favorite picture:

gala150.jpg

It's my favourite too I think. He looks so YOUNG in that one. It seems like it could have been taken in 2003 or 2004. He looks totally different in some other shots. He is such a chameleon, lol.

Here is my other favourite. Cotton PSd out the teleprompter from the original:

gala779edit.jpg

canfly, I don't know if anyone answered your question about the naming of linear threads. Yeah, I think the CH is to blame for that. and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how or why it happened. All I know is that I kind of like it -- when I go back over old threads, the titles suggest to me what was happening at the time.

Thanks for reminding me to answer. The earliest source I know is Television Without Pity (TWoP), from which CH was born (after they were thrown out for being too fangirlie over Clay). TWoP has a tradition of naming threads for each AI contestant who makes it to the round of finalists (top 12 or 13). You can see some of the old Clay thread titles from there here: About the PRoC - People's Republic of Clay. Back then, TWoP also named new thread titles after 80 pages or so; now there's only one thread that goes on and on. Clay's is called "Clay Aiken VI: The Thing That Wouldn't Die" because it was the 6th thread in the Performer's forum. The VI is misleading, because there were also 17 threads in another forum.

Thanks for the history lesson. I was a fan right from the beginning, but I was a fan in isolation living off of my AI2 VHS tapes because I didn't even have internet until March 2004, so I missed out on all of that early stuff.

canfly--your audio clack sounds wonderful!

Thanks. I'm glad. That's the main reason that I use a camcorder vs a digital camera. Once Scarlett gets done, hers should be really good too. Her camcorder has a totally different sound than all of the rest and has that big-assed mic boom on it, lol. Spot should have some really good close-up clack.

Thank You everyone for pictures, recaps, clack and just plain sharin'.

:yeahthat: Sharing is good. I like sharing. ;)

I am so glad to be a member of this board where everyone appreciates Clay for being who he is.

It has been so disheartening to read some of the other boards and all the criticism.

The gala sounds like it was wonderful. Thank you for the recaps and the clack.

:hello: penguin

I just noticed your siggy. Kewl quote:

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

:thumbup:

Clay mention:

Clay was at West Side Story in Raleigh last night!

http://kelliebigtodolist.blogspot.com/2009...-with-phil.html

Phil got us tickets to go see West Side Story last night in downtown Raleigh. We arrived with just minutes to spare before the show began and when we went to pick up our tickets at Will Call, we ended up getting majorly upgraded to center stage, 7th row (we originally had upper balcony). Only thing I can figure is they had open seats and figured no one else was buying them at that point so maybe they just reassigned people who were picking up their tickets.

The show was pretty good and it was Phil's first musical - I think he was quite impressed by all the snazzy finger snapping, jazz hands and leaps that the Sharks and Jetts did when they were having street fights During intermission we also discovered that Clay Aiken was sitting right behind us...thought it was pretty interesting cause that was the 1st famous person I've seen out in public and I thought it was funny that we had better seats than he did!

Seeing people seemed to like CF's audio, I made mp3s of ALAWH and MEAY without the banter, just the songs.

Description: 2009 Gala MEAY song only

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7mdond

Description: 2009 Gala ALAWH song only

You can use the following link to retrieve your file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/smex1k

Christie cookies Facebook pictures album:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Christie...id=195310855155

First 5 pix are from the gala.

:GM_FCA:

38 Days until Clay's Birthday!

:yahoo:

100 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

It's pretty difficult to discuss whether Clay was tired, happy, sick, sad or indifferent at the Gala. To me he looked the same as he always does. I thought his hair looked great. He looked better without makeup than more than 50% 0f the population. He was a businessman overseeing a major fundraising event. I thought everyone looked preoccupied that night. There were a lot of new things they wanted to cover and make sure the donors were in line with the organization's plans.

I did talk to Frances Wilson a bit while waiting in line. At first I thought she might have been afraid that I was going to pump her for information on Clay but all I wanted to talk about was what she won in the auction. Being local she bid and won the auction for stonework. She said that they had planned to fix up her backyard with a new patio and firepit so this auction came at the right time for them. She must not have the mosquitos we have here. We can never sit out in the backyard, except maybe in December.

We are having lunch at a vineyard again today with our youngest son. See you later.

Just a quick update from America's Giving Challenge....

We are in #11 spot for the overall challenge...I think we have a very good chance of at least being in the Top 10 if we can get back on it...which would mean at least an additional $10,000 to the amount of the donations.

To date the National Inclusion Project has raised $9144 on Facebook...amazing, and thanks so much everyone!

If you can....please "vote and donate" as often as you can...remember it only takes $10 to register a vote.

America's Giving Challenge....this link will work for Facebook or non-Facebook donations

....and now for a little pictorial interlude.....:)

I'm really pleased with my pictures this time. Proximity helped for sure, as usually I'm back in the boonies and nothing will help that. But this time I also tried "bracketing" and that worked great. I recommend trying it if your camera has that ability.

post-1461-1256310309_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1256310342_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1256310387_thumb.jpg

helloFCA.gif

Thanks for the recaps and photos and of course clack! All such a treat to enjoy. :wub:

New clack means new graphics of Clay, so here's some of my latest playing in

Clay the Man-Gala Lovin'

It includes the new montage of the Gala by SueReu and more.

Thanks again for everything you do, I love lurking here!!

Good luck on the Challenge fund raiser, I'd love to donate for it, but it's just not possible. I can work at advertising it though.

fallpeeksmiley.gif

LOVE the pictures FromClaygary and the clack canfly!

I thought his hair looked great. He looked better without makeup than more than 50% 0f the population. He was a businessman overseeing a major fundraising event.

You are so right, Fear. From what I've r4ead around the boards, though it wasn't perfect, it sounds like he did a GREAT job with this gala! :wub:

I saw this posted at CB -

From Clandy at CV

After the Gala, Aaron was walking around attending to business and stopped to talk to our small group. I mentioned how professional the 'production' of the Gala was.

He told us, "This year Clay said HE wanted to do the production for the Gala, all of it was done by Clay."

In addation to the video mentioned in the blogs above, telepromptors, jumbotrons, sound people, music for entry and exit of speakers are ALL part of the production and what IMO made this years Gala seem so professional.

Just an asside: I didn't feel the Gala was rushed at all, picture time yes, but not the Gala itself. I've attended many Galas, with the exception of Cystic Fibrosis Breath of Life Gala in Seattle and the David Foster and Friends in Vancouver, This years 'Project' Gala was the most professionally produced Gala I've been to.

Even the Cystic Fibrosis Gala, with it's matching grant from the Bill and Milanda Gates foundation, multiple millions rasied, Seahawks in attendance, had problems. NO jumbotrons, the year I went, and you could NOT hear a thing.

According to Aaron, what went right, was do to the efforts by Clay.

Good luck on the Challenge fund raiser, I'd love to donate for it, but it's just not possible. I can work at advertising it though.

fallpeeksmiley.gif

Claysmelody, that would be AWEsome!

Any chance I could ask you to advertise our Deck the Halls Fundraiser in your blog? Please PM me if you could.....

Let's ALL Deck the Halls for Inclusion!

October 16 to November 16, 2009

Support the National Inclusion Project's mission of inclusion for children of ALL abilities while decorating homes and offices with beautiful, handmade Rockdale wreaths and other natural items this holiday season! Wreaths also make wonderful gifts for family and friends.

The National Inclusion Project will receive $9 per item for individual orders and $13 per item for bulk orders (8 wreaths shipped to a single address). Bulk orders also save the purchaser $5 per wreath on purchase price.

Purchases must be made from the Project's exclusive Rockdale store in order for the National Inclusion Project to receive funds:

Deck the Halls for Inclusion

Buyer may designate any participating Beta Alpha chapter to receive credit for purchases by including the chapter name in the comment space provided on the order page.

Deadline for online orders is Monday, November 16, 2009. Deadline for ordering locally from Beta Alpha chapters is Monday November 9, 2009. Prices include shipping & handling and the buyer may also select a preferred shipping date.

Please help by purchasing a wreath-or two-or even ten- this holiday season. Share the gift of inclusion. Inclusion works, and it is a gift worth giving.

This is an authorized fundraiser of the National Inclusion Project.

WebBanner_small.jpg

Just checking to say hi. I came home from the Gala with Bronchitis and I have been home from work for 2 days. Oh well this too shall pass.

Does anyone have any good (ha ha ) pics of me at the Gala they could send me? I'm the one with the spikey hair that's......oh so 2003!

Thanks for posting that FromClaygary. The wreaths are easy to sell. If you sell 8 wreaths and put in the order yourself as well as deliver them you will have sent over $100 to the NIP. I went to the doctor today and sold her one, she has a child with special needs. I did a favor for a friend so she is buying 2. I haven't even hit the neighbors or work or the gym yet. It helps to print out the flyer with pictures at the site.

The wreaths are great and I got no complaints. One of my friends hung them on her fence after Christmas for the birds, they last that long.

merrieeee, I don't usually take pictures of the attendees as I don't want to get anyone upset. However I do have a decent picture of Clay and the woman who won the BAF award. If anyone knows her I would be glad to email it to her.

I also enjoy coming here and reading positive comments about the Gala and about Clay. I was really down on Saturday night when the negatives were coming in. I am glad I formed my own opinion after listening to the songs. No they were not perfect but I still enjoyed them and I thought Clay looked great.

Just checking to say hi. I came home from the Gala with Bronchitis and I have been home from work for 2 days. Oh well this too shall pass.

Does anyone have any good (ha ha ) pics of me at the Gala they could send me? I'm the one with the spikey hair that's......oh so 2003!

I'm sick of being sick myself. :therethere:

Nickikiwi JUST got home cuz she went back to NYC after the gala. She posted a few pix that she took at NNHB. I thought that they were really good. She hasn't tagged her pix, so not sure if I'm supposed to post them yet or not. I asked if she cared about the tags. I'll letcha know!

Here's Shamrock's Smugmug. She posted the link at CV, so assuming it's OK:

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/SH...202009/?start=0

Toni7babe's:

https://toni7babe.smugmug.com/Music/Gala/99...687595927_3XDNe

You too, merrieeee? Get well soon!

I have tried to rest today, but work phoned twice with issues they needed help solving. I finally had a bit of a nap before son #2 came in from school. Tonight I plan to veg out in front of the TV.

gbmifan, I think that is a good attitude. I always try to watch to clack or listen to a stream if I can't attend an event before I read any opinions. I wish more people would form their own opinions and not just accept what they read as fact. :lightblub:

I also enjoy coming here and reading positive comments about the Gala and about Clay. I was really down on Saturday night when the negatives were coming in. I am glad I formed my own opinion after listening to the songs. No they were not perfect but I still enjoyed them and I thought Clay looked great.

I feel the same way! I really enjoy reading here everyday even though I don't post much.

Nicki said she didn't care about the pix and that she knows who took 'em and that's all that matters to her.

I'm having to upload them one at a time to PB cuz the bulk uploader won't load for me right now. I really liked the old uploader where you could pick some files to upload and get them going and go do something else and then come back when they were finished.

There is a message on PB under the upload button that says:

Use CTRL to select multiple files

Does anybody know how to work that when you just want to upload 5 to 10 images and you don't want to wait 10 years for the bulk uploader to load?

I wish more people would form their own opinions and not just accept what they read as fact.

There's a novel idea!

Okaaaaaaaay... here they are. These were all taken by Nickikiwi on a Canon PowerShot SX6.S5 IS

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0697-1.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

I tried to talk her into trying some vid seeing she was gonna be up close...but no cigar, lol.

fallpeeksmiley.gif

Claysmelody, that would be AWEsome!

Any chance I could ask you to advertise our Deck the Halls Fundraiser in your blog? Please PM me if you could.....

FromClaygary, I'm sure many bloggers will advertise Deck the Halls. Georgiesmybaby PM'd me the info, which I sent to musicfan (CANN), Claysmelody (Clay-the Man), etc. CANN is running a segment today.

When we write about the fundraisers, Facebook members are welcome to post the lead (2-3 paragraphs, etc.) with a link to the blogs. I'm not a member of Facebook. The Carolina blog will be up this weekend. Glad we can help!

Have a great weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Trick or Treat for National Inclusion Project Oct. 30-31 w/ donation to America's Giving Challenge.