#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

halloween3.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :yuk: :yuck: :puke: :hurl: :vomit:

I don't know if I've ever had those? Are hey just sweet or do they have any flavour? I take it they're supposed to look like a kernel of corn, lol? Whatcha gonna do with the big candycorn pillows, lol?

Hee I am so excited! I just bought a new car....all by myself. My DH hasn't seen it or anything and it's all on MY credit! I have wanted to be able to do that for years but they always wanted a co-signer but no more!!!

One of the great things on this car is that it has a hard drive....oh yess....I can play a CD and save it to the car. Guess which one I put in and saved first?

Whaddaya mean they wanted a co-signer? You weren't a big girl before? :huh:

Whaddidjaget? :clap:

it has a hard drive

Should I say something? :naughtywag: Treenuts? You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? :whistling-1:

Hey, has anybody else but me noticed this? If you hover your mouse over Clay's face on the banner and sidebar, you see "Holy Crap" ??? I love it!

lmao. No, but Of course I hadda go try it. ;) I take it that was Cindy's initial reaction to the picture, lol. :teehee2:

Hee I was a big girl but because I didn't work for the first 25 years of our marriage I had no individual credit rating!

But now I'm dangerous!

I bought a Lincoln MKZ. I'm loving it. It's purdy and has something called THX cinema surround sound so Clay sounds real nice.

I'll post a pic later if you want to see.

Hey, has anybody else but me noticed this? If you hover your mouse over Clay's face on the banner and sidebar, you see "Holy Crap" ??? I love it!

lmao. No, but Of course I hadda go try it. ;) I take it that was Cindy's initial reaction to the picture, lol. :teehee2:

Heheh, if you look back a few pages (okay, the old thread now) you'll see that it was actually..

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

but I thought maybe that wasn't appropriate for the banner. *g*

No Decca dude? Just being a good little fact checker here... I originally called David the A&R guy, "the Decca dude" but I've since since some people refer to Clay as "the Decca dude". Which Decca dude ya gettin' rid of, lol?

Uhh, the one who isn't in the photo anymore??? :blink:

Hee I am so excited! I just bought a new car....all by myself. My DH hasn't seen it or anything and it's all on MY credit! I have wanted to be able to do that for years but they always wanted a co-signer but no more!!!

One of the great things on this car is that it has a hard drive....oh yess....I can play a CD and save it to the car. Guess which one I put in and saved first?

merrieeee.... Congrats!!! A hard drive in a car... wow.

Hee I was a big girl but because I didn't work for the first 25 years of our marriage I had no individual credit rating!

But now I'm dangerous!

I bought a Lincoln MKZ. I'm loving it. It's purdy and has something called THX cinema surround sound so Clay sounds real nice.

merrieeee.... I do want to see, but mostly I want to hear that surround sound of Clay singing OMWH! I'll just teleport to TX and you can give me a ride. :cryingwlaughter:

But now I'm dangerous!

Kewl. :thumbup:

Heheh, if you look back a few pages (okay, the old thread now) you'll see that it was actually..

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

but I thought maybe that wasn't appropriate for the banner. *g*

Oh DUH. doh.gifI shoulda remembered that cuz my initial reaction was Holeeeeeeeeee SHIT! and you :yeahthat: ed me, lol.

I'm just plain dopey today. Shaddap. (and crampy too...a bad combo)

No Decca dude? Just being a good little fact checker here... I originally called David the A&R guy, "the Decca dude" but I've since since some people refer to Clay as "the Decca dude". Which Decca dude ya gettin' rid of, lol?

Uhh, the one who isn't in the photo anymore??? :blink:

lmao. I thought you meant you had been working on a totally DIFFERENT banner and I was wondering if it was gonna have a totally different picture of Clay...but it's still the Decca hunk. *drools* When did you add the current one (#3?), lol? I see the Decca dude is gone now, lol.

:clap:

If it's been all day today, just shoot me, K? :huh:

But now I'm dangerous!

Hee, this exchange made me laugh. I guess if you've never been married it isn't apparent, but it can be damned hard to build up your own credit rating, especially when you haven't worked or when all the household bills are in your husband's name. That was the first piece of advice I received from a good friend, before my husband and I separated....get a credit card in your name only BEFORE you leave. Was v.v. wise.

Anyways, congrats merrieeee!

I've been shopping and cooking the day away....me, the one who doesn't eat red meat, just ate a lamb shoulder flank chop, and liked it. :whistling-1: Here's hoping my stomach does too. :cryingwlaughter:

Luckiest1at least you have cook one. My son from Florida called me last year and wanted to know how to cook a rack of lamb. Someone had given it to him. He doesn't cook much but had made a turkey on Thanksgiving and a ham at Christmas. My answer was I do not know, I had never cooked lamb. I told him to go google it. He made it and said it was great. Now I can say at least you can cook something your mother can't.

Well here's my new babee and guess what I finally told my DH I'd bought it! :cryingwlaughter:

post-292-1251590067_thumb.jpg

Well I'm back.......had to go for a little ride!

OMG I plugged my iPod in the USB Port and I told the car to play Clay Aiken and it wanted to know which song so I said OMWH of course.

Freaking unreal!

Mileage, mileage that car gets mileage...who knew!! :hysterical: Hee! I'm more interested in the "stuff" inside. Actually It will average between 27 to 31 on the highway so it is about 6 miles better than the car I had before.

My DH just called and is more excited than I am that I did this on my own. He knew I was looking but had no idea I was going out to actually buy one today. He has major health issues and this cheered him up no end. Now what kind of a man gets all happy that his wife went out and spent thousands of dollars on a new car (and sold his car to boot)! We will be married 40 years in 3 weeks. I told him this was my anniversary present and he got...wait for it...Madden 10 for his XBox! I think that was more than fair!

Luckiest1at least you have cook one. My son from Florida called me last year and wanted to know how to cook a rack of lamb. Someone had given it to him. He doesn't cook much but had made a turkey on Thanksgiving and a ham at Christmas. My answer was I do not know, I had never cooked lamb. I told him to go google it. He made it and said it was great. Now I can say at least you can cook something your mother can't.

Hee, well thanks to Jamie Oliver I know how. ;) I've been cooking recipes from a couple of his cookbooks, and yesterday I even started a blog about it, more a record for myself than anything else. Kind of a diary of my cooking escapades, if you will. Hee. I'm having fun.

Oh dear lord, CF must have forgot her meds today. Now I have to read her ramblings in two places. I think I'm gonna wind up with a headache.

Well here's my new babee and guess what I finally told my DH I'd bought it! :cryingwlaughter:

OMG I plugged my iPod in the USB Port and I told the car to play Clay Aiken and it wanted to know which song so I said OMWH of course.

Freaking unreal!

Nice! My father works for Ford, so I drive the lower-end version of the MKZ, the Fusion (I think). Yours is much prettier! (Ooh, and you get better mileage, not to mention Clay Aiken on THX surround... I think I'm jellix!) :laugh2:

But now I'm dangerous!

Hee, this exchange made me laugh. I guess if you've never been married it isn't apparent, but it can be damned hard to build up your own credit rating, especially when you haven't worked or when all the household bills are in your husband's name. That was the first piece of advice I received from a good friend, before my husband and I separated....get a credit card in your name only BEFORE you leave. Was v.v. wise.

Yeah, I guess for married folks, a word to the wise would be to maintain a separate bank account/credit card in addition to your married join account. I have the opposite problem. I have all of the credit card companies wanting me to get their wonderous cards. They are so damned persistent too. I usually have to hang up on them cuz they don't understand the word NO.

Freaking unreal!

Cool. If I tell me car to do something, it'll just sit there. But that's fine by me. I'm just thrilled to have a 6-CD changer instead of juggling CD cases in my lap.

Mileage, mileage that car gets mileage...who knew!! :hysterical: Hee! I'm more interested in the "stuff" inside. Actually It will average between 27 to 31 on the highway so it is about 6 miles better than the car I had before.

My DH just called and is more excited than I am that I did this on my own. He knew I was looking but had no idea I was going out to actually buy one today. He has major health issues and this cheered him up no end. Now what kind of a man gets all happy that his wife went out and spent thousands of dollars on a new car (and sold his car to boot)! We will be married 40 years in 3 weeks. I told him this was my anniversary present and he got...wait for it...Madden 10 for his XBox! I think that was more than fair!

Congrat's and that's cool that he was happy about it. :thumbup:

Oh dear lord, CF must have forgot her meds today. Now I have to read her ramblings in two places. I think I'm gonna wind up with a headache.

whatever.gif

Ya know how to scroll ya whiney baby! :imgtongue:

merrieeee.... 40 years!!! W.O.W. Impressive. I think his getting Madden 10 and you getting a new car sounds like a fair trade to me. :cryingwlaughter: Madden 10 will give him hours of pleasure and Clay in your new surround sound will give you hours of pleasure. See what I mean???? :cryingwlaughter:

:GM_FCA:

48 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I have a funny story from yesterday while the guy was setting up my system, in my car. The contact list from my phone is stored in my car so all I have to do is push a button on the steering wheel and say call whoever! My contact list has Clay Aiken listed and when the list showed up on the dashboard Clay's name was right near the top!

The guy wanted to know if that was the real Clay Aiken and said yes he texts me :cryingwlaughter: I did go on to explain about it wasn't just me and he then said he is a really good singer!

All in all yesterday was a good day.

FYI

Charles Osgood on SundayMorning [CBS]

Has a special from AshevilleNC starting Now 9AM

--all about it includ history, Biltmore Estate stories etc

Also for any Leonard Cohen fan, he will be appearing at the Asheville Civic Center on Sun, 11/01/09

Continuing the saga of that extremely distracting banner... I've been progressively clumsier every day

that it's been up. Today I upturned a whole frying pan containing what should have been my lunch

and then my dinner tonight. Now s me may question the wisdom of having the banner up on a large monitor so close to my stove but I hold myself entirely blameless for this. I think we should simply take

insurance policies every time cindi releases new edition, especially if the new label heeds our

request to keep the current look indefinitely.

(couchie, how about if we start an insurance firm for the fandom? even if we mess up, we might be able to get a bailout?)