#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

I never vote in any AI polls...personally, I think those kind of polls are rather silly and don't really prove anything especially if they are spammable...all it proves is who has fans with the most time to sit at the computer at vote over and over again.

Kim

Luckiest1at least you have cook one. My son from Florida called me last year and wanted to know how to cook a rack of lamb. Someone had given it to him. He doesn't cook much but had made a turkey on Thanksgiving and a ham at Christmas. My answer was I do not know, I had never cooked lamb. I told him to go google it. He made it and said it was great. Now I can say at least you can cook something your mother can't.

Hee, well thanks to Jamie Oliver I know how. ;) I've been cooking recipes from a couple of his cookbooks, and yesterday I even started a blog about it, more a record for myself than anything else. Kind of a diary of my cooking escapades, if you will. Hee. I'm having fun.

nice blog. Should we expect a movie version of Luckiest & Jamie ?

Hee, not any time soon, but thanks for taking a peek! And thanks to Carolina Clay for commenting AND becoming my first "follower". :)

Yesterday a bunch of friends and I drove into Toronto to attend the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition, or our version of a state fair). It's been going on for longer than I've been around, and it was always a must every summer when I was a kid. It signifies the end of summer, because it always runs that last 2 weeks before school starts back up again. We didn't do the rides, or even look around too much, but we met up with luckiestdaughter (who got us all in on comp tickets!) and we ate lots of good and bad for you foods at the food building. Then we got ourselves some first and second row seats in the Ricoh Centre for the Movie Magic skating and aerial gymnastics show, starring none other than my old obsession, Elvis Stjoko! It was so great to see him back on his skates again....it's been too long. He looked great, happy, healthy and fit. We said a quick "hi" to him as he exited the building after the show, and he said it was his 19th consecutive show (the half way mark) and he was wiped. LOL. Well worth the trip if anyone in Ontario has yet to go (and it's free with your CNE admission to boot!)

I was talking to a nurse I work with about the gala and the foundation and what it does, she has a son who has autism, he's beginning kindergarten today, she was stressed as he is going to be in a regular class with a worker with him 20 hours per week. kindergarten here is a full day. It won't be easy. Just the thought of 12 toilets flushing at the same time will be a big deal for him. She was telling about people she knows who just avoid them when he's with them like he has a contageous desease that would affect their child. I can't believe how people are ignorant and mean. She told me how he sometimes acts up in a store and someone said he would need a good smack. I'm just ranting this morning. It's just like that teacher who made the kids in her class vote if they thought that classmate with Asperger's should stay with them, that got me mad. I'm so proud of Clay and his foundation fighting for inclusion!

See, even Clay likes dark-haired Clay best!

Man, I really don't like the Decca picture.

But hey, I know all you people in love are blind....heh!

I like the build and the stubble moreso than the hair. But, it's Clay. I don't care how he looks as long as he looks good. Hee. Contradiction? I don't think so! :laugh2:

Mariah Carey has recorded IWTKWLI.

It's OK, but sounds waaaay too auto-tuned... Lacks heart or soul or something, in my humble.

Then again, Clay pretty much ruins anyone else's chances at winning me over if they're singing the same song. His IWTKWLI is miles beyond hers. Again, just in my humble. :D

KAndre squints REALLLLLL hard to see something difference in Clay's build besides, "damn, that boy is skinny"...

Never liked stubble.

And someone needs to lead the dude to a voluminizing shampoo. Or one on those 1 inch hair lump things they sell on late-night teevee....

And Mariah is supposed to be running scared of Whitney's comeback - and whenever Mariah wants as close to a surefire hit as she can get - she does a big cover. Of a big ballad. Clearly, she needs some of Clay's fanagers. (I just LUV that term!)

Ah come on, KAndre.....SMILE :lilredani: ....I'm sure there will be another picture that you WILL like....sometime..........soon !!!!!! :whistling-1:

Just teasing ya..everyone has their favourite look..What's yours ? Let us have a peek!! :clay:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

And Mariah will get tons of airplay, and a cover song will be the best. idea. ever.

Because anybody on the planet can do covers without being belittled. Except Clay.

*pets the gorgeous banner man*

My fav Clay look? Winter, 2006 - shoulder length, rich, wavy chestnut locks, beautifully pale skin (sometimes I seriously like the pasty!), pants of ass-cuppage perfection of a suit that probably cost more than many people's mortage payment, smooth-cheeked, bright-eyed, wicked-looking. That's what makes me want exercise my tongue muscles!

And someone needs to lead the dude to a voluminizing shampoo. Or one on those 1 inch hair lump things they sell on late-night teevee....

Between the hair and the skin tone, I just assumed that he'd just finished a photo shoot. Not that his hair looked like that on the shoot, but that this was the aftermath. Because his hair has obviously been straightened in this pic, and we all know Clay never does anything to his hair unless he has to for professional reasons. Maybe the photoshoot is wishful thinking. Been known to happen with me. :imgtongue:

I like those pictures too although I thiink the dark hair makes him look too pale. That's my only comment against the dark hair , but I'll take it if that's the color of the moment.

I think his hair color in this new photo is probably closer to his natural color (based on a comment that Clay said Faye made about his "blonde"look....she liked it best because it was closer to his natural color) It makes his freckles pop !!!!! :hubbahubba:

There are very few pictures of "the man" that I don't like (yeah, there are a couple !!) I do like the stubble but I also like the clean shaven cheek.....the smile is always a killer for me.....his eyes sparkle and I'm toast. What can I say...I'm easy !!! :flirtysmile3:

When I first saw "the picture" I didn't get photoshoot at all...more like he jumped out of the shower, threw on some clothes and headed for his appointment and the hair was all flattened because he had his sunglasses on top of his head. But I do prefer natural Clay to all made up; flat-ironed to death, artsy-fartsy Clay...if it was a photoshoot and this is direction they are going, than I am all for it!

Kim

Luckiest1at least you have cook one. My son from Florida called me last year and wanted to know how to cook a rack of lamb. Someone had given it to him. He doesn't cook much but had made a turkey on Thanksgiving and a ham at Christmas. My answer was I do not know, I had never cooked lamb. I told him to go google it. He made it and said it was great. Now I can say at least you can cook something your mother can't.

Hee, well thanks to Jamie Oliver I know how. ;) I've been cooking recipes from a couple of his cookbooks, and yesterday I even started a blog about it, more a record for myself than anything else. Kind of a diary of my cooking escapades, if you will. Hee. I'm having fun.

nice blog. Should we expect a movie version of Luckiest & Jamie ?

Hee, not any time soon, but thanks for taking a peek! And thanks to Carolina Clay for commenting AND becoming my first "follower". :)

My pleasure, luckiest1! :)

Scarlett, we are counting on you being in the zone at the gala. Maybe you should practice! :lol:

There are always awesome pix in the FCA thread!

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

I hope that Clay blogs this week for you guys. Normally when I am gone something happens. I will be on a 5 day bike tour(340 miles)starting on Wednesday, so I hope my previous history holds true. It would even be better with some news but this is a holiday weekend so probably not.

What a beautiful smile in that banner up there! I've missed all the latest Clay news. Real life can sucketh mightily, y'all. (waves to merrieeee...mouths 'call me')

Off topic, but does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable used car for my soon-to-be licensed older daughter?

Is there any clack? Has the gala already happened? Seriously, my life is not my own these days, but if Clay sang something somewhere, I'd like to hear it.

What a beautiful smile in that banner up there! I've missed all the latest Clay news. Real life can sucketh mightily, y'all. (waves to merrieeee...mouths 'call me')

Off topic, but does anyone have a recommendation for a reliable used car for my soon-to-be licensed older daughter?

Is there any clack? Has the gala already happened? Seriously, my life is not my own these days, but if Clay sang something somewhere, I'd like to hear it.

:hysterical:

Me too. Anything anywhere!

Gotta love Clay fans!

we are counting on you being in the zone at the gala. Maybe you should practice! :lol:

There are always awesome pix in the FCA thread!

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

*sighs* Would love to practice but there just isn't anything to work on. Unlike cellcert phones for which I would go to other shows to test (a couple of years ago, Solo got me front row center for Chicago at the Woodlands Pavillion when we were testing a new phone), I'm not bringing a camera for anyone else.

First things first - my favorite Clay look? I'm That's easy! Whatever. :Iluvclaysbutt:

:hello: to Annabear - it seems my Julie/Julia obsession has inspired her to cook - so we both spent a good deal of the day in our respective kitchens!

:hello: to you too cha cha! Yep, your posts on FB about your obsession inspired me to roast a chicken. Never cooked a whole one before, so I'm glad this one turned out well enough to not scare me away from doing it again! :lol:

I was talking to a nurse I work with about the gala and the foundation and what it does, she has a son who has autism, he's beginning kindergarten today, she was stressed as he is going to be in a regular class with a worker with him 20 hours per week. kindergarten here is a full day. It won't be easy. Just the thought of 12 toilets flushing at the same time will be a big deal for him. She was telling about people she knows who just avoid them when he's with them like he has a contageous desease that would affect their child. I can't believe how people are ignorant and mean. She told me how he sometimes acts up in a store and someone said he would need a good smack. I'm just ranting this morning. It's just like that teacher who made the kids in her class vote if they thought that classmate with Asperger's should stay with them, that got me mad. I'm so proud of Clay and his foundation fighting for inclusion!

:yeahthat::friends:

My fav Clay look? Winter, 2006 - shoulder length, rich, wavy chestnut locks, beautifully pale skin (sometimes I seriously like the pasty!), pants of ass-cuppage perfection of a suit that probably cost more than many people's mortage payment, smooth-cheeked, bright-eyed, wicked-looking. That's what makes me want exercise my tongue muscles!

KAndre.... tho I fully appreciate the banner look, that JNT 06 look was absolutely great until someone screwed up his hair for the last concert in Greensboro. Pfffft! :cryingwlaughter:

OOlsee... ya know... I've heard a lot of good things about KIAs. They seem to be a sleeper car that is gradually being discovered and because of that, the price for used ones would be pretty cheap, I would think. I've also heard that Ford Focus is one of the most popular cars in Europe and there must be a reason for it. You can't beat looking them both up on the Kelly Blue Book website. I looked there when I just bought my new car and I didn't know they did reviews of cars. I thought it was a very informative sight.

Have you listened to the clack from the David Foster thing in Las Vegas. It was a few months ago, but depending on how out of it you've been, it might be new to you. He looked great that night, too.

David Foster and Friends (of which Clay was one)