#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

ClayIzzaQT, I may have something for your friend. Could you PM me at CV (my inbox here is somewhat full)?

Also, didn't we share a room at the Asheville DCAT? That Crowne Plaza was just a maze of tinytwisty passages, all alike....

Thanks for your help with the clack security that night! :claykiss:

ETA:

BTW, gg, I hope I'm not keeping you waiting on the Vancouver clips. My hard drive got fried last weekend so I need some time to get all set again. Also need to tell you again how much I love the work you and lucky do!!! :BlowKiss:

ETAA: Can't believe I have to work on a serverat 9pm tonight -- thank goodness for VPN...

Scarlett, I've PM'ed you at CV. :BlowKiss:

I hope his blog gets him some more nominations...

From the CH:

From butterflyshine:

Okay twitter fans, I have exciting news for you.

twitter.com/Clayaiken is Clay's official twitter page. Mangement is currently using it to give updates and is working on getting it verified...so if you are following that account you are following Clay's official twitter page.

Per OFC Admin who checked with managment.

Maybe just me...but does it seem odd to be asking people to nominate themselves...I would pretty embarrassed to do that. I would think Clay and Diane would have a pretty good idea of what fans do for the Project and would be able to come up with a deserving candidate.

Kim

From butterflyshine:

Okay twitter fans, I have exciting news for you.

twitter.com/Clayaiken is Clay's official twitter page. Mangement is currently using it to give updates and is working on getting it verified...so if you are following that account you are following Clay's official twitter page.

Per OFC Admin who checked with managment.

When Clay and/or Clay's peeps start using his Twitter account, can we get a thread here (maybe in the News section) to post them? I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine the filters on my work computer will allow access to Twitter. Besides, it might be fun to keep the Twits corraled in one place.

Maybe just me...but does it seem odd to be asking people to nominate themselves...I would pretty embarrassed to do that. I would think Clay and Diane would have a pretty good idea of what fans do for the Project and would be able to come up with a deserving candidate.

Kim

Can't say that I agree....not with the part about nominating yourself, cuz you're right I would never do that! However....I'm sure there are people who wouldn't feel the same way.

But as to Clay or Diane having a good idea of who does things, I don't really think that's true. No disrespect to either of them, but there are many, many "unsung heroes" who don't allow their names to be associated with what they do, but who nevertheless have spent a great deal of time and money working in the trenches for the Project.

I'm going to have a look at the forms; there are two people I'd actually like to nominate, but I did simply forget it was getting close. :)

I just changed my avatar to one of my favorite Permaswooned pictures and I had to see it... :cryingwlaughter:

FromClaygary... I agree with you. It does seem like he's (or his label) are getting his ducks in a row. I like duckies.... especially when they're Clay's duckies and they are in a row. LOL

Ohhhh... he looks so good over there.

He looks good any and everywhere!!!

This is on the Twitter page for Clay:

Bio The official Twitter page for Clay Aiken. This feed is updated by Clay's team. Clay does not have a personal Twitter.

Anyone want to volunteer for the job? :hahaha:

Kim

9-11-01candle.gif

Thanks for the beautiful graphic!

I ran across this story today that I wasn't aware of before. Some of you probably already know about it, and some of the photos have been published. A professional photographer who lived nearby and went to the site to take photos was killed when the second tower fell. He had taken a lot of digital photos which were recovered via the memory card. (His other cameras and the film were destroyed.) The story is here: Bill Biggart's Final Exposures, and you can see some of the photos here: photos. They are in chronological order. Here's a photo of his effects, including the cameras. It's a sad story, but on today, for me it's also important to remember the courage so many showed on that day, and his story helped me do that.

Yes, thanks, jmh. Eerie and amazing photographs. It seems like so long ago and, at the same time, like yesterday.