#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

:GM_FCA:

I think I watched all of 5 minutes of the Emmy's...realized I didn't recognize half the shows or the actors and decided there was no point in watching since I didn't have a rooting interest in anyone. Just made me feel really out of it; I don't watch network TV much anymore except for Monday night (Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men).

26 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all who are celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Sorry I'm a bit late...my internet decided to go flaky for a few minutes! Anyway, it was a hard choice for many of you yesterday, but in the end, a winner emerged...and here it is...

Clay_Aiken_color_5_hi_res.jpg

Here is today's photo poll. Happy voting at the top of that page!

Ldyjocelyn, so sorry this a is a little late. I hope you had a wonderful day!

:happybirthday03:

Fear I really do wanna talk to you. lol. I'm gonna try to call you tonight...or you can try me, if you prefer. It's about WFI. Sorry I missed your call. I was sick all weekend with a nasty virus, hit me right after we talked the other day. I cannot seem to shake this mess lately.

:GM_FCA:

Well, I just voted 8 times in the cookie poll, using my 5 email addresses and my parents Yahoo! email addresses. :hello: I might be able to remember some more old free addresses that may or may not be defunct. We'll see. Has the cookie poll news been spread to other boards?

(Now I really want some cookies...)

Clayzy... awesome.

I, too, am a ATDW lover. There are only one or two that I skip and that's just because I want to get to the next song, not because I hate them. :cryingwlaughter:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Everything I Have and Broken Wings and the ballady Here I Come Again. I like RHW, but I have to tell you Clay's slower version at last year's Gala tears me up everytime so I don't listen to the CD version anymore.

From misschris at CV:

Kathy Griffin is on theTyra show

OMG Kathy said that she thinks Clay would "rock in the sack." She had the choice of Clay or Adam and chose Clay. She said she thinks he hates her but still

From misschris at CV:

OMG Kathy said that she thinks Clay would "rock in the sack." She had the choice of Clay or Adam and chose Clay. She said she thinks he hates her but still

Such a kiss ass!

:hubbahubba: I suppose I can forgive her just a bit in that case. Afterall, she is probably just as obssessed as some of us :whistling-1::hysterical::hubbahubba:

Very interesting to hear about your students Canfly. Seems sad that their options would be limited if they should decide to leave their communities.

My oldest son has just finished with his Maths tutor. She has taken a temp teaching job for the next school term in a far away place so wont be available.

Since he has been at High school the last 18months his maths scores have been going down. I have had three teachers tell me his class is hard (a "wild mob" is how one put it) but that his behaviour is ok.

I spoke to the Head of Dept about getting him moved and after she looked into it she said that the other mainstream class was full also. His marks have gone down too much for the Pace (advanced) class so I was forced to get him a tutor. Now it is up to him to put in the extra work required, but he is a nearly 15 yr old boy so its a case of "you can lead a horse to water etc etc". The thing is that he is getting As in the advanced level English and Social Studies classes so I really think that he could at least get an average grade in Maths if he chose to apply himself. Oh well, I am trying not to worry since he is doing better in every other way, but I don't want him to limit his options for the future,you know?

The tutor leaving has a bright side since she charged $50 dollars an hour and we have had an offer accepted on a block of land. So every cent will count when we start building next year.

It is very exciting to be building again but also brings home to me how much of a worrier I am. I keep waking up at 2am worrying that we have not found the right house plan yet! Nothing has even gone wrong yet, as it inevitably does, but I am already losing sleep!

All I can say is that I hope Clay does some lots of things soon so that I can take my mind off things and while away those early hours with exciting news and lovely clack!

From misschris at CV:

Has she been reading fanfic, lol? :cryingwlaughter:

She knows Tyra likes him. She's just sucking up.

Finally I have time to actually catch up rather than a quick fly by!

My DD and my DH were both here this weekend because it was our 40th wedding anniversary! I used to joke and say he'd better be good or he might not make it .......well that is not so funny any more. We had a nice late lunch on my DD and she gave us two beautiful Waterford flutes in ruby glass. You know coke tastes really good in them!

I have been amiss in wishing everyone a Happy Birthday. I see them but actually having the energy to post anything more than a quickie has eluded me for a while.

I am feeling much better now, just in time for guests to come in a couple of weeks! Oh joy! Unfortunately it is not Clay so i'll just have to grin and bear it. That means my weekend with the girls is "right out" because I have waaay to much to get done. Oh well! Sorry!

So Happy Birthday to all who have celebrated recently.

Glad to see you around merrieeee!

From Openly Clay:

Wherever he may be right now, it seems he will be in Raleigh on Thursday:

From Twitter:

CanAlsoPlayTall

We're moving Drift to RALEIGH and opening night is SOLD OUT!!!! Clay Aiken coming on Thursday!!!

4 minutes ago

Drift Closes Out Hot Summer Nights at the Kennedy in Wilson

Here's a bit of the write up from Broadway World.

It is likely the perfect name for a show that will move from one theatre to another this September. Drift, a contemporary concert-musical will close out the fifth season of Hot Summer Nights at the Kennedy in not just one location, but two. Also drifting in to town with the production are some heavy hitters on the acting scene including Christian Campbell (Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical, The $treet) and Lauren Kennedy (Spamalot, Les Miserables, Vanities the Musical) who will direct.

Drift will be the first production to grace the new Lauren Kennedy and Alan Campbell Theatre at Barton College in Wilson September 12-20. After the Barton run, the show will move to The Kennedy Theatre at the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts in Raleigh September 23-27 to close the season.

With music and lyrics by Jeremy Schonfeld and additional material by Craig Popisil, Drift is about a man's journey of gaining peace and perspective on his life, after the break up of his marriage and family.

Lauren Kennedy played the Lady of the Lake way back in 2005, so I don't think there is a connection there, but who knows.

Lauren Kennedy played the Lady of the Lake way back in 2005, so I don't think there is a connection there, but who knows.

She's from Raleigh too. Don't know that he knew her when, or vice versa, but it's another connection.

When he did a behind-the-scenes at Spam for one of the entertainment news shows, Clay walked through a corridor with pictures of actors formerly in the show. He pointed to Lauren's picture and said her family is very involved with theater in Raleigh. I just got a feeling from the way he said it that he had at least met her. Could be wrong...usually am.

:cryingwlaughter: Ok, I love the pictures, ldyj, but what really got my attention was the photog tag in that last one from Spam.....aiken4clayscrew?!?!?!

I mean, I know whereof she speaks and I feel her pain :hubbahubba: ...longing.... :DoClay: but that sn just CMSU!

I want to steal it :cryingwlaughter:

I know tweet is all invasive..but I hate that Clay's supposed private future whereabouts are posted. Tweets after the fact, whatever. But before hand? I don't think it's safe for him. Too many nuts out there - in and out of the fandom. I'm sure that show is sold out now.