#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Extraordinary day here - a massive dust storm blanketing about a quarter of the country. I can still smell it and taste it. Visibility was much reduced and the sun shone blue. I saw photos on the news of blood red skies. Freaky.

Well I had better go now and start dusting :chores012:

ausdon, I just read about this on AOL. Take care!!

PS....for those of you on Facebook....could you also "suggest" Citgo's Fueling Good contest to friends on Facebook? Just click HERE and then click on "Suggest to Friends" underneath their logo to the left of the page.

Don't forget to attach a note before you send, to ask them to vote for the Inclusion Project....:)

Is the thumbs up pic the same as "like"? I usually see "like" but in this instance I can't see it...

No....it's just above and to the right of the "thumbsup". If you're seeing it saying "unlike" instead....you've already done it. :)

...but would you mind sending to any friends you can? :)

Is the thumbs up pic the same as "like"? I usually see "like" but in this instance I can't see it...

You won't see it until you become a fan.

Good thought! If you weren't following the instruction list, that's probably what it is.

I only know because I tried skipping that step. :cryingwlaughter:

You won't see it until you become a fan.

Good thought! If you weren't following the instruction list, that's probably what it is.

I only know because I tried skipping that step. :cryingwlaughter:

A-HA!! :hysterical:

Have you guys heard of the groupon?

http://www.groupon.com

Basically everyday, based on your location there is some sort of discount thing offered. If enough people sign up then it becomes a go. I saw this on the news last night. For SF, today's discount is an hour masage for $49. I thought I'd sign up and watch for a few days. You can get email notifications. I don't think they are in every city but definitely the majors.

Only opining because the DVD came out for 30Rock and there was a post about Clay's parts on the extras.

Which parts? I wouldn't ask but if there is a DVD of Clays parts then it would only be polite to see it.........

Thanks for all the well wishes on our freaky dust storm. We were out driving around looking at display homes but I saw on the news some people were jogging. I would have missed my jog yesterday thats for sure! Of course, I am a slug and would take any excuse!!

I will attempt to post my blue sun photo later when my DH can help my tech-challenged self.

My friend YYG posted this at NNHB:

One Year Ago Tonight

Every time I wrote the date today, I felt something nagging at me like it was an important date. I couldn't think of anybody's birthday on this day, or anniversary or anything. Then suddenly this afternoon it dawned on me. It was one year ago tonight that I sat here pretty much numb, realizing the People Cover pic was not a fake or a photoshop. My brain did a real flip flop when I first saw the pic posted. I couldn't reconcile the pic of Clay holding Parker with the headline. How could PH or whoever make that cover with Parker when we don't have any pics of him, and hey, I've never seen that pic of Clay, and well....you get the idea.

I have totally accepted Clay and love him more than ever, but I have to admit that was not a good night for me. It's not that I had never considered he may be gay. Just about anybody with a sense of reality had at least considered the possibility at some point, IMO. But the longer I was a fan, the less gay he seemed to me. I think my initial reaction was more like that of a mother than anything. I thought of the wife and family he would never have, and how hard life can be for gay men, and how cruel people can be, and my heart ached for him. I didn't WANT that for him. I wanted him to have the wife and the kids and the picket fence. Silly of me to feel that way about someone I really don't know, but I know you all feel the same kinship I do. I can't explain it, but he seems like part of my family.

Anyhow, I'm glad I figured out why that date seemed important to me. But even more, I'm so glad Clay seems happy and is able to live his life openly and honestly now. I hurt for him everytime I think of all he must have gone through coming to grips with himself and his sexuality, but just like he seems to be living his life and loving it, those feelings have faded for me as well. But this feeling will never change:

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!

This message brought to you by Saps R Us.

Sitting here thinking of my orginal feelings of denial (I was sure that the People cover was a fake mock up by toadface for several hours), then when it was confirmed... a strange sense of sadness and loss (of a fantasy)... and a period of adjusting what I'd believed for such a long time... sadness for what he must have gone through on his journey to acceptance...some pissiness at some "fans" condemnation...I have a whole stream of thoughts running through my head. Oh and when I found out, I'd just come back from seeing Spamalot and it all seemed kind of surreal.

If I'm being totally honest, I would say that I wish that he wasn't gay (selfishly for a sort of loss of a fantasy and for HIM for what all he must have gone through) BUT I'm happy that he seems so happy and at peace now.

:cryingwlaughter: Ok, I love the pictures, ldyj, but what really got my attention was the photog tag in that last one from Spam.....aiken4clayscrew?!?!?!

I mean, I know whereof she speaks and I feel her pain :hubbahubba: ...longing.... :DoClay: but that sn just CMSU!

I want to steal it :cryingwlaughter:

She's one of the Mc Vargus girls. It was accidental cuz it was supposed to be aiken 4 clays crew because they were totally into Jesse and Sean but the clayscrew was obviously too good to pass up, lol.

:cryingwlaughter:

Aikim, happy birthday! :pushingcake:

:yeahthat:

Happy Birthday Aikim!!!

:happybirthday02:

Only opining because the DVD came out for 30Rock and there was a post about Clay's parts on the extras. Thank god for it cuz now I know I don't need to buy it.

TOtally agree about the funny. It's weird but 30Rock feels like one of those shows I'm supposed to like as does that new show Glee. But I just sit there. heee. But definitely know it's probably the fact that I don't get the characters just popping in after a few seasons. I did try the first season.

I never watched it until I heard about Clay appearing on it. I watched the episode prior. Didn't find it all that funny. I was like you Couchie. I felt like I was SUPPOSED to like it but it wasn't really doing anything for me. The lead female was trying on a wedding dress I think. I dunno. Glee didn't excite me either.

:shrug:

I once in awhile will stumble onto AFI (America's Funniest Home Videos) and I'll be in hysterics over the stupidest things...laughing hysterically, gasping for air, half-crying over sheer nonsense. I'm kind of a visual person, so play on words stuff doesn't usually get anything more than a groan or a half smile from me.

From OFC (with permission) regarding the Christie cookie voting:

There has been some concern about voting more than one email address on this poll. LovesClaysVoice contacted the Christie Cookie people and here is the response:

Susan,

Can you answer a question for me about your Christie Cookie charity contest. Is it legitimate to vote one vote for every legitimate email address in the U.S.? What if one person has multiple email addresses? Is it legitimate to use all of them? Will all the votes be counted?

Thank you!

LCV

LCV,

Each legitimate email will be accepted as a vote.

Thank you,

Susan

So vote vote vote!!!

Kewl. So, like I only have 2 email addresses. I could start voting on behalf of all of my email contacts, lol. :cryingwlaughter:

Extraordinary day here - a massive dust storm blanketing about a quarter of the country. I can still smell it and taste it. Visibility was much reduced and the sun shone blue. I saw photos on the news of blood red skies. Freaky.

Well I had better go now and start dusting :chores012:

Wow, so strange. Let us know if you run across a photo of the blue sun. I would love to see that.

Where do you live ausdon? I've seen a yellow moon. I've seen an almost reddish-orange moon. I've never seen a blue sun, lol.

Yayyyy for #4 on the Christie Cookie contest, and doubly yaay for the worry about the emails addressed! Thanks, merrieeee!

I'm going to repost my post from CV over here as well, in the hope that it might help someone vote for the second National Inclusion Project challenge! A few folks have found the directions helpful over there.

................................................................................

So far, on the National Inclusion Project's second challenge, we have 140 votes....surely there must be more of us on Facebook, or that have been thinking about signing up for Facebook, that could add their "ilike" to this request?

Here are the steps:

1) Sign in to Facebook, or sign UP for Facebook

2) Click HERE and click on "Become a Fan" at the top of the page.

3) Click HERE and find National Inclusion Project's picture....at the moment, it is at the bottom right of the first page...a group of kids gathered around a table, one little guy in a blue shirt kind of stands out in the pic

4) Click on the picture.

5) Under the picture description, click on "Like" (under the grey line).

Thanks so much for any help with votes to get them a $250 gift card which can be used to help the Project!

This one is simple....only one vote per user. :)

Done. :thumbup:

Yesterday's photo tourney turned into a solid winner for one picture...and here it is...

277258538.jpg

Today's tourney is here. Today, we begin the Sweet Sixteen. We're down to 16 pictures, and the choices are going to be even harder for some. You've seen them before, but can you make a choice? Of course, if the pictures you picked before didn't win, for some people this will be easy! Hee.

:GM_FCA:

23 Days until The National Inclusion Projects's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yayyyy for #4 on the Christie Cookie contest, and doubly yaay for the worry about the emails addressed! Thanks, merrieeee!

I'm going to repost my post from CV over here as well, in the hope that it might help someone vote for the second National Inclusion Project challenge! A few folks have found the directions helpful over there.

................................................................................

So far, on the National Inclusion Project's second challenge, we have 140 votes....surely there must be more of us on Facebook, or that have been thinking about signing up for Facebook, that could add their "ilike" to this request?

Here are the steps:

1) Sign in to Facebook, or sign UP for Facebook

2) Click HERE and click on "Become a Fan" at the top of the page.

3) Click HERE and find National Inclusion Project's picture....at the moment, it is at the bottom right of the first page...a group of kids gathered around a table, one little guy in a blue shirt kind of stands out in the pic

4) Click on the picture.

5) Under the picture description, click on "Like" (under the grey line).

Thanks so much for any help with votes to get them a $250 gift card which can be used to help the Project!

This one is simple....only one vote per user. :)

thank you for the instructions and the links on how to do this.... i could get it before... Now i have voted...

My friend YYG posted this at NNHB:

One Year Ago Tonight

Every time I wrote the date today, I felt something nagging at me like it was an important date. I couldn't think of anybody's birthday on this day, or anniversary or anything. Then suddenly this afternoon it dawned on me. It was one year ago tonight that I sat here pretty much numb, realizing the People Cover pic was not a fake or a photoshop. My brain did a real flip flop when I first saw the pic posted. I couldn't reconcile the pic of Clay holding Parker with the headline. How could PH or whoever make that cover with Parker when we don't have any pics of him, and hey, I've never seen that pic of Clay, and well....you get the idea.

I have totally accepted Clay and love him more than ever, but I have to admit that was not a good night for me. It's not that I had never considered he may be gay. Just about anybody with a sense of reality had at least considered the possibility at some point, IMO. But .the longer I was a fan, the less gay he seemed to me. I think my initial reaction was more like that of a mother than anything. I thought of the wife and family he would never have, and how hard life can be for gay men, and how cruel people can be, and my heart ached for him. I didn't WANT that for him. I wanted him to have the wife and the kids and the picket fence. Silly of me to feel that way about someone I really don't know, but I know you all feel the same kinship I do. I can't explain it, but he seems like part of my family.

Anyhow, I'm glad I figured out why that date seemed important to me. But even more, I'm so glad Clay seems happy and is able to live his life openly and honestly now. I hurt for him everytime I think of all he must have gone through coming to grips with himself and his sexuality, but just like he seems to be living his life and loving it, those feelings have faded for me as well. But this feeling will never change:

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!

This message brought to you by Saps R Us.

Sitting here thinking of my orginal feelings of denial (I was sure that the People cover was a fake mock up by toadface for several hours), then when it was confirmed... a strange sense of sadness and loss (of a fantasy)... and a period of adjusting what I'd believed for such a long time... sadness for what he must have gone through on his journey to acceptance...some pissiness at some "fans" condemnation...I have a whole stream of thoughts running through my head. Oh and when I found out, I'd just come back from seeing Spamalot and it all seemed kind of surreal.

If I'm being totally honest, I would say that I wish that he wasn't gay (selfishly for a sort of loss of a fantasy and for HIM for what all he must have gone through) BUT I'm happy that he seems so happy and at peace now.

Well, call me Saps R Us2 then! LOVED that! Bolded the parts that especially spoke to me.

And yes, canfly, some of that for sure too.

Thank you for voting on the Facebook challenge! We are now solidly in #1 with 160 votes. :)

We only need 107 votes to take over #3 in the Christie Cookie Competition.

Is there anyone you can ask to help us vote, with ALL of their email addresses? Have you used ALL of yours? :)

Thanks again everyone, for voting where it really matters!

Hmmmm, I was NEVER sad for the wife he'd never have -- since that's the last thing in the world he'd WANT!!!

I don't know. I don't think I ever wanted something for someone else, unless I was pretty sure they wanted it for themselves.

My sweet nine year old granddaughter asked me last week when I thought she should get married. I told her she didn't have to think in terms of when, but if. And then, only after she finished her education, and found someone who shared her interests and she enjoyed being with so much that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with that person. Only then.

And that "white picket fence" was torn down years ago. If it exists at all anymore, it's as a throwback.

I'm sure you need to enlarge this to read it -- but check out Good Housekeeping from May 1955 - the heart of those not-so-grand "picket fence" days:

GoodHousekeeping.jpg

I just found this on CH. I don't have time to read it all now but on skimming through it looks like a good and optimistic article.

Coming out in Middle School

Lotus... that was a long article, but I loved reading every word. It gives me hope. As hard as it is to believe sometimes, young kids are much more accepting of alternate sexuality than ever and I believe that trend will continue.

keeping... O.M.G. That article is both a hoot and scary as h.e.l.l. Women, we've come a long way, baby!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

FromClaygary, Canfly... I felt much the same when Clay came out. Plus, I was mad about all the crap I had taken when defending him... BUT, I am glad to say that has changed totally.

I believe the man is happier than he undoubtedly ever thought he would be when he wrestled with this as a teenager. I get all new-puppy happy when I think about him being in a loving relationship. I know he will still have to cope with idiots, but mostly he must feel so free. He can now openly feel sorry for those who give him a hard time! :cryingwlaughter:

I am so happy for him that he knows who he is and has accepted himself and is looking forward to the future, rather than at the past. How many people can truly say that, gay or straight?

My first reaction to the news that he was gay was relief; I was so tired of the "is he or isn't he" ...Clay is such an enigma that at any given time, I could believe either way, but I think in my heart of hearts I knew he was gay...but wishing he wasn't because it would be so much easier if he were straight.

But I honestly never saw him with the white picket fence and the perfect marriage with a wife and two kids...I'm still not sure if he would be happy being settled down with someone, even Reed. He is probably pretty set in his ways and probably likes being able to come and go as he pleases; add Parker and Jaymes in the mix and his life is pretty compartmentalized...the only thing that was important to me was that he was happy and he is. His personal life is his own now and in a few months the second stage of his career will begin...I really do believe the best is yet to come.

Nothing wrong with fantasy, but I think some fans blurred the lines between fantasy and reality and that can't be blamed on Clay. I went back and read his "Elephant in The Room" blog (on the front page of FCA) and still a year later, it is so powerful....I wish all those fans who left for one reason or another would read it again and really understand his words and why he made the decisions he did.

Kim

ah kids. Have to watch them every second. LOL. I walked out of my house this morning to discover that on the pathway, my neice had drawn a nice big heart...and put her name and her brothers in pink and green chalk... ok well plausible deniability right? She didn't stop there..she took the chalk and drew a nice firm line from the pathway to our front door with another heart and the words Ma's House. LOL. Surprised the office hasn't stopped by yet with a letter.

topic - Clay is cute and has a cute son. Never cared about his sexuality. I always said..well if he is gay I don't care. The thing I learned when Clay did come out was more about me. I barely skipped a beat. I'm glad that what I had said for those past 6 years turned out to be true.