#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Caro, I have to say I am totally in love with that picture from Merrillville (sp?) in your blog. Great choice!!

gaaahhhh One of my all time favorites and favorite looks of Clay! :flirtysmile3:

Tree, glad you enjoyed it. We definitely have some awesome tour photos and graphics. Here's hoping for many more! :)

Caro :listen:

I've never seen that picture before. Can sumbunny post the original pweease? :please:

What a nice picture of Clay :)

he is a cutie isn't he?

(I am stating the obvious again)

Did the people who went to David & friends show last time enjoy it?

don't think it is coming anywhere near me but I would love to see Ruben again.

:GM_FCA:

21 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala (3 weeks until new clack!)

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just popping in to say hi before I get busy doing "stuff". I have work going on around my house today so there is a lot of banging!

I love the picture contest and can't wait each morning to see the match-up! Thanks for all the work in doing this.

I just read where that Khloe Kardasian is not really geting married on Sunday...it will be a fake wedding because they don't have time to figure out the pre-nup! They have to have the wedding on Sunday because the tv channel is paying the $1mil. price of the wedding and that's the only time they can film it! Talk about publicity stunt and they call it a reality show.

I am so glad Clay didn't go down that route.

I had to laugh...it was stop the presses...Clay Aiken went to the theatre! He really is a magnet. The guy has IT! Whatever IT is!

merrieeee.... you are totally right. Clay has "IT" in spades. He's just interesting and that's such a plus for his continuing success. He brings hits so people put his name on their sites. This bodes well for the success of any new endevors with Decca, IMHO.

couchie... I know what you mean. I do like DF. I especially like how he has always treated Clay. And, the show is in LA twice. And, since Clay would be planned (IIT), he might get at least one more song than last time. But, that's a lot of time and effort for little return, except it would be supportive of Clay and get the pump primed for a solo tour next year after his album drops.

Yeah, if it's true, I think I just talked myself into going. :cryingwlaughter:

From "Drift" in Raleigh last night :)

:hysterical:merrieeee

So his hair is short and dark again???

LOL - the guy is never boring, that's for sure!

*mourns the lovely long, blond locks*

:yeahthat:

His hair is looking spikey again on the top <_< and decidedly more like the Montreal picture (cept the random stuff he threw on this time, actually "goes together", lol) :cryingwlaughter:

Where did sexy Decca Dude goooooooooooooooo??? babytantrum.gif

ETA: cartoon is dumb :23:

Hell, there were times even I wore earplugs during Clay concerts -- mostly when others were singing -- but I really don't miss the screaming crowds at all. I love the intimacy of the theaters and the respect shown his voice at orchestra performances....indoor and outdoor. Love him with a band too but can live without the screams.

OMG WTF is Lamar Odom doing. Sign number one that the Lakers will not repeat as champs. At least he's smart enough to get a pre-nup for this sham of a marriage.

heee Liney..... IIT...that brought back memories.

Comic is funny. Of course if Clay were just coming off idol now we'd be cougars. LOL.

Tribeca..I remember the reports and lots of people loved the show. The best thing about that trip other than seeing Clay was eating chinese food with Scarlett in the hotel room :cryingwlaughter:

Yay this is the first weekend in a long time where I only have to work a teeeny bit.

:GA_FCA:

Don't know what got into me, but I slept in for the first time in a while. I have a new Carolina blog -- Aiken Fans Compile Cookie Votes -- encouraging all to spread the word to casual and Not.Just.Us fans for the giveaway. Besides two other segments, the clickable interlude features graphics by Ashes and AmazingCA. The gorgeous lead picture is this one by PermaSwooned from the 2008 Gala:

PS_Gala1b.jpg

Thank you for your comments and visits to all the blogs. I always need a retweet because mine never go into the "Clay Aiken" column at Twitter; instead, they are an automatic for "All Friends." There are retweet and share buttons/links on the blog for Twitter and Facebook. I haven't joined FB yet, but I'm weakening. Many thnx for sharing! :wub:

Just talked with my daughter and hope to have new grandchildren pix soon. Meanwhile, I'm having a Patrick Swayze Saturday as I have "Ghost" playing and "Dirty Dancing" on tap. :)

Caro, I have to say I am totally in love with that picture from Merrillville (sp?) in your blog. Great choice!!

gaaahhhh One of my all time favorites and favorite looks of Clay! :flirtysmile3:

Tree, glad you enjoyed it. We definitely have some awesome tour photos and graphics. Here's hoping for many more! :)

I've never seen that picture before. Can sumbunny post the original pweease? :please:

The graphic artists don't usually include the concert location when they give credit. Here are smugmug links for kareneh and scrpkym. Happy hunting! :whistling-1:

Again, thnx for the blog visits/tweets/shares! Have an awesome day, all! :BlowKiss:

I wish I had it as well!!! I hope someone can post it, but in the meantime here are a few from the same night to console you/us while we wait. :wub:

:GA_FCA:

Don't know what got into me, but I slept in for the first time in a while. I have a new Carolina blog -- Aiken Fans Compile Cookie Votes -- encouraging all to spread the word to casual and Not.Just.Us fans for the giveaway. Besides two other segments, the clickable interlude features graphics by Ashes and AmazingCA. The gorgeous lead picture is this one by PermaSwooned from the 2008 Gala:

PS_Gala1b.jpg

Thank you for your comments and visits to all the blogs. I always need a retweet because mine never go into the "Clay Aiken" column at Twitter; instead, they are an automatic for "All Friends." There are retweet and share buttons/links on the blog for Twitter and Facebook. I haven't joined FB yet, but I'm weakening. Many thnx for sharing! :wub:

Just talked with my daughter and hope to have new grandchildren pix soon. Meanwhile, I'm having a Patrick Swayze Saturday as I have "Ghost" playing and "Dirty Dancing" on tap. :)

The graphic artists don't usually include the concert location when they give credit. Here are smugmug links for kareneh and scrpkym. Happy hunting! :whistling-1:

Again, thnx for the blog visits/tweets/shares! Have an awesome day, all! :BlowKiss:

Thanks.

My favorite tour! I know most loved the JBT but the JNaT06 was my favorite both in his appearance (hair & clothing) as well as his banter!! Primo :needclay:

I loved JBT but the NAJNT was awesome. The banter was so much fun and all of the pictures are gorgeous!!!

:hubbahubba: & :flirtysmile3:

Thanks everybody. I snagged some that I didn't have before! :thbighug-1:

Y'all be sure to check out the Saturday funnies--Adam.

Adam

Mehhh. Guess it's always gonna be like that. On the bright side, at least mom's got good taste! :cryingwlaughter:

clicked on the Adam link & dont' get it ????? I think I comic may have changed or something

Daughter loves the Jonas Brothers, Mom loves Clay Aiken, and Adam is obviously JEALOUS!

Jonas Brothers are having 3 concerts here in Oct. Have been trying to win tickets (on Ebay) for an early Christmas present for the little girl I nannied for. I won one set then the person stopped the auction & said never mind I am going to the concert.

Did however win a Clay Aiken AI card for Jesse.

Hell, there were times even I wore earplugs during Clay concerts -- mostly when others were singing -- but I really don't miss the screaming crowds at all. I love the intimacy of the theaters and the respect shown his voice at orchestra performances....indoor and outdoor. Love him with a band too but can live without the screams.

I wasn't physically at those concerts but can say that watching the clips on computer the screams actually added a lot of excitement especially for certain songs (ISY for one). It just added excitement JMHO.

OMG WTF is Lamar Odom doing. Sign number one that the Lakers will not repeat as champs. At least he's smart enough to get a pre-nup for this sham of a marriage.

heee Liney..... IIT...that brought back memories.

Comic is funny. Of course if Clay were just coming off idol now we'd be cougars. LOL.

Tribeca..I remember the reports and lots of people loved the show. The best thing about that trip other than seeing Clay was eating chinese food with Scarlett in the hotel room :cryingwlaughter:

Yay this is the first weekend in a long time where I only have to work a teeeny bit.

Well seems everyone loves eating out with Scarlett!!!

ETA

I think when Clay first came off Idol we were cubs

Breaking news in the photo tourney! We had our third tie of the tourney so far yesterday...and so the coin was tossed...and this was the winner...

277261431.jpg

My condolences to those who voted for the other picture. I have to admit that both of those pictures were favorites of mine as well...

Here is today's tourney. Vote at the top of that page!

:GM_FCA:

20 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim