#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Breaking news in the photo tourney! We had our third tie of the tourney so far yesterday...and so the coin was tossed...and this was the winner...

277261431.jpg

My condolences to those who voted for the other picture. I have to admit that both of those pictures were favorites of mine as well...

Here is today's tourney. Vote at the top of that page!

I had sense of relief when I saw that this pic of Clay had won. (And I cannot believe how invested I am in the results!). I had actually voted for the other pic because after tons of internal wrastlin'' I went with hot Clay because that has been my internal criterion throughout- vote for pics where Clay looks handsome, droolworthy, GAH, etc.

But this pic of Clay and that child is one of the best pics of capturing Clay's essence ever. ever! I loved that it made it into national print -was it TV Guide or People? The picture exudes Clay's humanity and his playfulness at once.

That man is just so darn lovable. In his Q & A he talked about how ironic that he got to kiss the most popular attractive girl in his class during Oklahoma and was the envy of his friends. I can only believe that he was struck with the irony of all those women of every age being head of heels for him when he performed. And now that he is out, some still find him sexy as hell.

I must say that combining the sexy with the humanitarian is almost more than a girl can take. For me, those inlcuded his Afganistan visit and was it Somalia where he did that brief video for the malaria tents? I cannot tell you how many times I watched that video.

I cannot wait to see him again. I have a feeling that things are being carefully orchestrated to re-introduce Clay to the public. The hot, surfer dude image captured so well in our banner was no accident. And that he looked like that when doing some official business (I am assuming) with Decca, tells me that perhaps this is part of an image that will introduced. The fact that he answered a question about a calendar and indicated that one might be in the works suggests to me that multiple formats will be used.

Hoping so at least. I cannot wait. To see him. To hear him.

Great post cagney,

I enjoyed it so much, I even downloaded my keyboard driver so I could respond. :D

I agree with your thinking that Clay is waiting for a new introduction to the public. I was even thinking that the tweets and few photos we saw were no accident but a way to communicate with the fans who are patiently waiting for him.

My favorite Clay photo is still in the contest. It also shows his soul in a different way .. I can't jinx it by talking about it. :lilredani:

Since my favorite got voted out already, I intend to sulk until the contest is over and post it every day until the end anyway. :whistling-1: See whatcher missing?

Ontherocks.jpg

Breaking news in the photo tourney! We had our third tie of the tourney so far yesterday...and so the coin was tossed...and this was the winner...

277261431.jpg

My condolences to those who voted for the other picture. I have to admit that both of those pictures were favorites of mine as well...

Whew!

:confetti-1::thewave::twinklewhore:

:ready6:

That little dude looks possessed!!!

:Ahh:

My favorite Clay photo is still in the contest. It also shows his soul in a different way .. I can't jinx it by talking about it. :lilredani:

Since my favorite got voted out already, I intend to sulk until the contest is over and post it every day until the end anyway. :whistling-1: See whatcher missing?

Ontherocks.jpg

One of my all-time favorites too!

277261431.jpg

I had sense of relief when I saw that this pic of Clay had won. (And I cannot believe how invested I am in the results!). I had actually voted for the other pic because after tons of internal wrastlin'' I went with hot Clay because that has been my internal criterion throughout- vote for pics where Clay looks handsome, droolworthy, GAH, etc.

But this pic of Clay and that child is one of the best pics of capturing Clay's essence ever. ever! I loved that it made it into national print -was it TV Guide or People? The picture exudes Clay's humanity and his playfulness at once.

That man is just so darn lovable. In his Q & A he talked about how ironic that he got to kiss the most popular attractive girl in his class during Oklahoma and was the envy of his friends. I can only believe that he was struck with the irony of all those women of every age being head of heels for him when he performed. And now that he is out, some still find him sexy as hell.

I must say that combining the sexy with the humanitarian is almost more than a girl can take. For me, those inlcuded his Afganistan visit and was it Somalia where he did that brief video for the malaria tents? I cannot tell you how many times I watched that video.

I cannot wait to see him again. I have a feeling that things are being carefully orchestrated to re-introduce Clay to the public. The hot, surfer dude image captured so well in our banner was no accident. And that he looked like that when doing some official business (I am assuming) with Decca, tells me that perhaps this is part of an image that will introduced. The fact that he answered a question about a calendar and indicated that one might be in the works suggests to me that multiple formats will be used.

Hoping so at least. I cannot wait. To see him. To hear him.

Me too! I so hope that your feelings come true!

If you still have emails to write recruiting charity giveaway votes, here is a wonderful video SueRue created about the

and posted at YouTube this afternoon. Also great as an addition at Facebook, MySpace, etc.

Throughout, Clay sings "Open Arms" and in voice overs explains about the foundation. It would be an excellent link in an email to others. I added the montage in a video player in the current Carolina blog.

It's time to locate more votes to reach #1 or #2! :cheerleader:

Once again THANK YOU Caro!!!! :dawoman:

I've been going through Grand Rapids and saving like a maniac!!!

:hubbahubba:

No kidding! I would add West Point to the list. Awesome pix! :hubbahubba:

And you are welcome. :)

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

VOTE for the National Inclusion Project: Christie Cookies Charity Giveaway

:clap:

What dat?

I sure wouldn't mess with it but HP did. You power up and hit f10 15 times and you'll see the bios. Anyway it restored my missing touchpad and keyboard.

Carolina Clay, I hope they can come up with some more votes. I've sent requests to my email list, I'll try some of the FB friends who are not Clay fans.

You do a great job with your blog.:woman:

You know bottlecap -- you could change your avatar. Just sayin'. :whistling-1:

Nope - I could never give up "Ha Ha" - it would be like losing my whole online identity. :P

==========================================================

This week-end's new Candy Corny acquisition.

IMG_0887.jpg

lol...that still means nothing to me. To me "bios" are biographies.

You know bottlecap -- you could change your avatar. Just sayin'. :whistling-1:

Nope - I could never give up "Ha Ha" - it would be like losing my whole online identity. :P

==========================================================

This week-end's new Candy Corny acquisition.

IMG_0887.jpg

What is he saying in your avatar? I forget.

I took a bag of candy corn in on Sat. to work. Several people told me that they are disgusting. I said that I like them and bought some new flavors(that I left a home). I only enjoy them now but it is not autumn time without seeing them in the stores. I also like the very sweet pumpkins. This is from a person who really only likes things with chocolate.

:hmphcat:

My poor 49ers......that damn Bret Favrerrvrrrrrr stole that game from them today! :hissy:

Yea, ok, so it was the seasoned all american great QB who made the difference in that game in the last seconds with a hail mary pass that resulted in an amazing catch in the end zone for the game winning TD. BFD! :whoo: not. LOL

They sure as hell were a scrappy bunch today though! A good showing anyway against a team they weren't expected to beat, I'd say!! :clap:

:therethere: Treenuts

I don't know if I've ever HAD a candycorn thing. I saw them in Walmart but not sure I wanna buy a whole bag, lol.

What I DO like are the Halloween kisses...the ones that have molasses in them...cuz I like molasses in cookies. They remind me of gingerbread cookies.

I got 2 bags and went back yesterday and thought that I'd grab two more bags but they were all gone. :hissy:

:GM_FCA:

Rain last night...now it is windy and chilly...hate getting up in the morning when it is pitch black outside..we are now officially into Fall.

20 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim