#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Good Morning Everyone,

16 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating and especially to my baby Sarah who is 20 today...how did that happen?

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

bottlecap, your sense of humor rocks!

YAY! laughn is going to try and be at the Gala! My first one as well!

Yesterday's tourney was pretty much a blowout, as I expected (even though it would have been a tough choice for me). Here is the winner:

Clay_Aiken_color_5_hi_res.jpg

Today's tourney choices are here. This is the last round of the Sweet 16 -- so vote at the top of that page!

Oooh, tough choice today!

From CH:

From the CV. Clay has posted two comments on Quiana's Facebook.

You look GREAT in this! (and you know I never tell you that... so I mean it!)

Pole dancing class pays off in your performances, I see.

Hee, he's aliiiiiiiiiiiive! :) :) :)

:04:

We are still #3 but gaining somewhat (300 votes overnight....) on the #2 placer at the Christie Cookie contest. This means the difference between $5000 and $1000 for the National Inclusion Project. So....if you have not yet voted using ALL of your email addresses, or could pass the message to friends who might be able to use ALL of their email addresses, that would be SO cool!

From what I can see we are the WINNER of the Fueling Good September Fan Challenge, with 185 votes. To my knowledge, nothing has been announced yet....so don't take my word for it! :lol: but we did have the most votes by far at the end of the contest. This should mean a $2500 gas card for the use of the National Inclusion Project.

Thanks so much for "Using your Voice" everyone!!

I've just noticed as I hung around the CITGO site waiting for the announcement....:hysterical:....that even though it's not September anymore, the CITGO contest doesn't end until tomorrow night at 5 PM ET!

Sorry for the premature ej ummmm......excitement! Although we are handily in first place....if you haven't done so, and have a FB account...please do continue to vote!

....and I'll celebrate again tomorrow night :lol:

Umm...

th_JNTJump.jpg

th_orangeshirt.jpg

th_Ontherocks.jpg

They were stacked up like that when I checked on the Rejected Photo Compund this morning. I suspect a breakout is in the works and Blue Shirt and Orange Shirt are trying to boost JNT Jump over the wall.

:wasntme:

bottle... BWAH!!! I love all three of those photos of Clay. I hope they make it over the wall!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Akim are you still bowling. Today I went to bowling, in our 4th week, and I looked and I had to hit a 147 average. My first two games were 134, and 146. I thought the third game I need to hit in the high 150 to not lower my average. To my surprise I bowled a 213. The highest I have bowled in maybe 5 years.

I am loving the picture contest. My favorite may not always win, but except for the Jenna Bush picture, he never takes a bad picture.

Akim are you still bowling. Today I went to bowling, in our 4th week, and I looked and I had to hit a 147 average. My first two games were 134, and 146. I thought the third game I need to hit in the high 150 to not lower my average. To my surprise I bowled a 213. The highest I have bowled in maybe 5 years.

I am loving the picture contest. My favorite may not always win, but except for the Jenna Bush picture, he never takes a bad picture.

No, we are not bowling this year...decided to take a break. It was getting a little expensive...$35 a week not to mention the pots and beer money...and since we are renovating our living room decided to put that money towards the renovation. Have to say though I do not miss rushing around on Friday nights to get out the door...especially not going to miss now that it in the middle of January!

Congrats on the 213...the highest I have ever bowled is a 200...and my average is usually around 127...we may go out some Sunday and bowl a few games just to keep up with it in case we decide to go back.

Kim

I've just noticed as I hung around the CITGO site waiting for the announcement.... :hysterical: ....that even though it's not September anymore, the CITGO contest doesn't end until tomorrow night at 5 PM ET!

Sorry for the premature ej ummmm......excitement! Although we are handily in first place....if you haven't done so, and have a FB account...please do continue to vote!

....and I'll celebrate again tomorrow night :lol:

Claygary, I'm happy to see I wasn't the only one hanging out there waiting for the announcement!

:helloFCA:

Many Thank You's to everyone here visiting my blogs!

After a rough week of the body adjusting to the seasonal weather changes, Clay the Man is back with a

new blog! Clay Concert Flashbacks - graphics with PermaSwooned's Gala photos, a favourite SRHP video from Orlando-IWTKWLI with Clay, Quiana & Angela having fun & Clay showing off his amazing vocal range. There should have been a montage-medley of Clay's 2003 Wilkes Barre concert, but the YT bulldog zapped it..SO, there's a download for it instead.Of course the reminder to vote for the National Inclusion Project at Christie Cookie Giveaway is there.

smileyFallB019.gif

Akim I can understand the cost for bowling. Luckily I bowl in the morning and it is just $10 plus $1 for coffee, and $1 for jackpot. I think if it got to be alot more I would give it up. But when my kids were little it was my way of saving my sanity. I could go and they would go into the free nursery and I got to be with adults and adult conversation for a couple of hours.

Blue Shirt on the Rocks thought maybe he would have been more popular if he looked more Abecrombie & Fitch-like artistic...

...Sort of like Bod Boy on a Bridge.

ReedBridgelarge.jpg

Try as I might, I couldn't convince Blue Shirt to become No Shirt, so we compromised on trying an edgy black and white filter.

Ontherocks-1-1.jpg

:12: Is it not ARRRRRRTTTT? <tm The French Guard

:04: I get to meet laughn!

In the photo tourney, we finished the sweet sixteen yesterday with the selection of this picture...

277258538.jpg

Here's today's photo poll. This begins the elite 8; by Monday, we'll be down to four pictures!

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone,

15 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Claysmelody, see you at CITGO! :lol::hello:

I'm bringing very important news. Costco now has honeycrisp apples in stock. For $10.99 you can get a dozen good size apples. Maybe this news will bring Clay out and about. :04:

:04:

Eeeee-hah!! Off shortly to run errands, and will see if they have them here. Thanks, Fear!

Laughn, glad you were able to get a ticket....see you there!

We're still #1 on the CITGO Fueling Good September Fan Challenge with 187 votes.... :clap:

Several of the other very deserving charities have taken a great leap upwards after their notifications yesterday, but we're still firmly in first place. If you are a Facebook member or have been planning on becoming a member, please vote!

We are still firmly in #3 position at the Christie Cookie Contest. Our gain on the #2 placer has slipped a bit, so if you haven't voted ALL your email addresses yet, or have friends and family that you could ask to vote ALL of theirs....please do! It would mean the difference between $5000 and $1000 for programs at the National Inclusion Project!

Thanks so much for all you've already done to get them to this position!! :clap: :clap:

QUESTION ABOUT THE GALA SILENT AUCTION:

For those of you that have been to the Gala in past years, can you comment about what kind of things have been available for bidding in the silent auction section, plus an idea of the range of prices? Thanks!

QUESTION ABOUT THE GALA SILENT AUCTION:

For those of you that have been to the Gala in past years, can you comment about what kind of things have been available for bidding in the silent auction section, plus an idea of the range of prices? Thanks!

In past years, there's been quite a range of items...everything from Golf and vacation packages, to household items, to Avon products, to gift baskets of various types, to gift certificates/cards from local businesses....and of course some Clay-related items. The first year I went (2007) they went quite high and there was nothing that was in my price range (less than $200). Last year, there were more smaller items (at our suggestions and request, I believe); and more Clay-related items. Pictures, jewelry, a rocking chair, gift bags, more local-area gift cards, large travel packages....everything under the sun, really!

This year, the Project has requested submissions for the Silent Auction~so I think we'll have even more variety, and I believe there will be some very affordable items. I would say count on having to spend at least $100 but there will be items which will go for up to $5000.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks, FC - that's what I wondered. I'm sending some funds along with laughn, and I'm hoping she may be able to find something that's both in my price range and portable enough to bring back on the plane with her. (Which would sadly exclude one of ClayIzzaQT's beautiful mosaics, which I've always coveted.)

If it's an item licked autographed by Clay - even better!

:snoopy: Congratulations, laughn!!

Hey bottle, It looks like Boy on a bridge could help Blue shirt get his rocks off erm....get off the rocks and over the wall. yes?

Maybe Reeds shirt is coming off so it can be auctioned :lilredani:

:snoopy: Congratulations, laughn!!

Hey bottle, It looks like Boy on a bridge could help Blue shirt get his rocks off erm....get off the rocks and over the wall. yes?

Maybe Reeds shirt is coming off so it can be auctioned :lilredani:

Maybe its just that Reed is coming. :imgtongue: