#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

:clap::snoopy: :04: :04:

WE WON!! WE WON!!

Congratulations to our Fan Challenge Winner: Creating Communities for All, sponsored by the Bubel-Aiken Foundation! Their great work as a leading voice for inclusion and their work with special needs children is a great example of Fueling Good and giving back to the community ... CITGO is happy to help support great causes such as this:

:clap::snoopy: :04: :04:

WE WON!! WE WON!!

Congratulations to our Fan Challenge Winner: Creating Communities for All, sponsored by the Bubel-Aiken Foundation! Their great work as a leading voice for inclusion and their work with special needs children is a great example of Fueling Good and giving back to the community ... CITGO is happy to help support great causes such as this:

:04:

Kim

That's great news about the BAF.

I just wanted to pop in to say how excited I am that I'm finally going to meet both ldyj and laughn. I've enjoyed both of your posts so will be glad to finally meet you. And so as not to exclude anyone else, I'm also excited about meeting all of the fans going to the gala.

Well I'm excited about seeing everyone too. At least at the breakfast. It's difficult to meet people at the dinner. We were packed in like sardines last year.

Today I received a tracking number from Beads of Life , wahoo!. And in the mail today I got my dress for the Gala. :snoopy: Unfortunately I dropped a big wooden and metal clamp on my foot today and those toes are puffing up like crazy. Hopefully they will heal in two weeks or I'm going barefoot.

:04: for the Project!

Awww, shucks, justclay12. I look forward to meeting you, and seeing so many of you!

I keep hoping that the auction stuff will be announced soon. I doubt if I'll be able to afford much, but who knows? And I have set aside money for that sort of thing. I also look forward to doing Christmas shopping at the Beads for Life tables on Sunday!

Now, I need to find shoes and a purse....

Well I'm excited about seeing everyone too. At least at the breakfast. It's difficult to meet people at the dinner. We were packed in like sardines last year.

Today I received a tracking number from Beads of Life , wahoo!. And in the mail today I got my dress for the Gala. :snoopy: Unfortunately I dropped a big wooden and metal clamp on my foot today and those toes are puffing up like crazy. Hopefully they will heal in two weeks or I'm going barefoot.

One word--ice. As long and as often as you can stand it. Start it ASAP. It'll reduce the swelling faster than anything I know, especially if you use it a lot in the first 24. My experience anyway.

We Won!!!! Thanks to our cheerleaders...and you know who you are :clap:

:manynanas:

Now, if we could just get the Project into second place in the Christie's competition, I would be over the moon. I have resorted to begging people to vote on FB. It's such an important cause and NIP could really use that money. I have over 2,000 friends thanks to NIP, Clay, my personal friends...and FB games. If each of them would just vote once. Darn it.

FromClaygary and anyone else who might be interested. I have quite a few unused email accounts associated with our Triad Voices domain. I would be happy to set up temporary email accounts for anyone who would be interested. Just PM me.

Fear yay for Beads for Life, yay for the Gala dress! Oh dear, I hope the foot is much better sooon and that you don't have to go to the Gala hillbilly style.lol. It certainly wouldn't be the first time there were barefeet at the Gala...was it Kristy who was running around shoeless a few years ago? I seem to remember that. :cryingwlaughter: Still looked really adorable, though.

Can't wait to be together with my bestest friends. I am practically counting the hours. Also, I am really looking forward to meeting new friends, and getting to know some of you better. Depending on where we are, it's not always easy for me to get around in the wheelchair-John's Pizza & Carmine's anyone? lol The Gala is usually very difficult for me to get around, except in the foyer, so do stop by our table if you can. And anywhere else that weekend-just come by and grab me and introduce yourselves,k? Stay for a chat, if there's time. I'd really like that. :bighug:

Claylove, I know you'll probably see this. I am hoping writing this will clear my head so that I can finish up what I need to send to you. I have been trying all day...and last night...but having "issues" and you know what I mean. I am frustrated, but determined to get it to you tonight. {{{Claylove}}}

jmh, thanks for the advice and I really did try it but after a few minutes of icing we left for Greensboro to meet our son for lunch. We shopped at Belks after lunch so he could buy a few pairs of pants. Anyway this morning it is feeling amazingly good. I'll be able to walk with shoes at the Gala.

gmb, you take it easy. Mr Fear and I will be able to help load up the supplies this year. We just picked up the old SUV from the body shop after a limb fell on it and broke one of the side mirrors and dented that entire side. So we got a new mirror, fender and hood. After the tree fell on it a couple of years ago and we had to have several parts replaced, we may end up with a new car.

Not Clay related but one of my oldest friends from third grade through high school found me on FB. We have been messaging quite a bit and she was telling me about our other friend as we made up a trio during those years. We lost touch when I went to college and they both married their high school sweethearts. it's interesting hearing what they are doing now.

Back to Clay. I can't wait to hear what he may or may not be recording now or later. Hopefully we will get a little clue at the Gala. I know CV will be at the Gala but haven't heard if the CH will or not. It's a chance for everyone to know what's going on. If you can't hear I think both will have a thread where you can follow along in real time.

I hope everyone has a great day.

:GM_FCA:

14 Days (2 weeks!) until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks, FC - that's what I wondered. I'm sending some funds along with laughn, and I'm hoping she may be able to find something that's both in my price range and portable enough to bring back on the plane with her. (Which would sadly exclude one of ClayIzzaQT's beautiful mosaics, which I've always coveted.)

If it's an item licked autographed by Clay - even better!

Hey bottlecap, thanks for the kind words. Just wanted to remind everyone that the very nice folks who oversee the silent auction every year will now ship your items for you at a very reasonable cost. I even framed my mosaic using Plexiglass instead of regular glass to make shipping it easier, safer and lighter/less costly. So bid away!

:GM_FCA:

Very creative, Bottle! Are you saving your money in case that blue shirt ever goes on the auction block? :cryingwlaughter:

I have a very rare, never-before-seen version of yesterday's winning picture.

2705_1.jpg

Thnx, tree, for dropping by the Carolina blog. I am working on income tax this weekend, so the DWTS-Christie Cookies entry will be current a few more days. I added a new montage link for WYSYLM by LovesClaysVoice this morning. :wub:

Happy Birthday, keepingfaith! :bdayparty2:

Have a great weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

bottle.... BWAH!!! I think we should subsitute your leaning on the trunk picture for the one in the contest. Just sayin'

keepingfaith... :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:

I knew there was a reason I liked you.... my birthday is tomorrow... we're both Libras!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Bottlecap..you crack me up!

Happy Birthday KeepingFaith.

Well I guess I should pack for my not-a-gala. The one good thing is that I'll be passing by my cousin's house on my way. Maybe I'll shoot a few music business questions during lunch.

Thanks, FC - that's what I wondered. I'm sending some funds along with laughn, and I'm hoping she may be able to find something that's both in my price range and portable enough to bring back on the plane with her. (Which would sadly exclude one of ClayIzzaQT's beautiful mosaics, which I've always coveted.)

If it's an item licked autographed by Clay - even better!

Hey bottlecap, thanks for the kind words. Just wanted to remind everyone that the very nice folks who oversee the silent auction every year will now ship your items for you at a very reasonable cost. I even framed my mosaic using Plexiglass instead of regular glass to make shipping it easier, safer and lighter/less costly. So bid away!

I hope they advertise that this year. Last year, there were items that I was interested in, but I didn't bid because I knew I couldn't take it back with me on the plane.

I have more money this year since I haven't had to spend any on Clay.

Anyone know offhand why I have to keep re-logging in to FCA all of a sudden? I haven't changed a thing....but since....mmmm....maybe first of this week? I keep getting logged off continually. Still on the page...but signed out. I NEVER sign out....was something changed? Just me? :)

No idea. I've heard of this happening to people before, so maybe someone who had it and fixed it can chime in? Any browser updates lately, or OS updates? You can always try deleting all FCA cookies. Sometimes deleting your bookmark and making a new one helps with random inexplicable problems.

Keepingfaith, :bdayparty2:

Awww, thank's for the birthday wishes, y'all. It's been a super day so far .... and it ain't over! Birthday-eve best wishes to my Libra-sister Liney!!!

Truly, one of the first gifts I received today was seeing the yummy photo winner -- one of my all-time faves! An inspirational hottie!

2705_1.jpg

(And I used this particular version because I too am a fan of the blue shirt!)