#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

From Notacanuck at the CH:

Clay's one of the celebrity participants in this online auction

http://www.pediped.com/home/stars.aspx

Quote:

Stars Step Out to Join pediped® footwear in Raising Funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation®

HENDERSON, Nev. (October 7, 2009) — More than 50 well-known entertainers and athletes will participate in Stars for a Wish, an online auction of autographed pediped® baby shoes to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The auction will run Oct. 25-Nov. 1 on Charity Buzz.

Celebrities who signed pediped® baby shoes for the auction include:

MOVIES - Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Pierce Brosnan, Andy Garcia, Molly Ringwald, Rachel Weisz

TELEVISION - Tim Allen, Courtney Cox Arquette, Marcia Cross, Jennie Garth, Whoopi Goldberg, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Heidi Klum, Charlie Sheen, Jon Stewart

MUSIC - Clay Aiken, Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill, Sugarland

SPORTS - Jerome Bettis, Anna Kournikova, Shaquille O’Neal, Mark Teixeira, J.D. Drew, David Ortiz

Bidding will start at $250 for the signed shoes. Recipients will receive the shoes attractively displayed in a cherry-finished shadow box or clear acrylic box complete with an engraved plaque.

They used a great pic and the shoes are so cute! I bet Parker has a pair.

:GA_FCA:

Long time no see! I always do my income tax just before the 10/15 deadline, so I have been offline most of the week. It's been crazy catching up ...

Once I put the figures in the mail, I sat down and wrote a new Carolina On My Mind entry. You have no doubt seen the highlighted topics (Christie Cookies, Charity Evaluator, etc.), but your visits are always welcome. Some of the "entertainment" are the "Power of the Dream" montage by LovesClaysVoice, an October calendar by cindilu2 ... plus new pix of Kai and Lia. We definitely have a red head in baby sister! :whistling-1:

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, georgiesmybaby. :wub: This is a really great idea you posted:

I haven't forgotten the emails for Christie's. I am going to try to create a bunch and send by tomorrow. Had a couple of really bad days as far as seizures and alertness are concerned. Started some new meds this week, please pray they help, even a little would be great. If anyone else is willing to use some addresses and vote, let me know. I have almost 5,000 available with our Beta Alpha .org and we should be able to get quite a few used between now and the 15th. :twinklewhore:

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

:GM_FCA:

9 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Merrieeee, you know perfectly well if you stand outside in the sauna we've named "Houston", those 20 lbs will just melt off! Dang, I like it warm, but 90% humidity is a titch much for October.

fondly pats aikim's countdown...

I have my dress.

I have my bling.

I have my shoes.

I've cleaned out my ears.

I think I'm set!

I have my passport. That's about as much as I've organized so far. :lol:

ETA: 10 day forecast for Raleigh, NC shows 75 F on Friday Oct 16th and 77 F on Saturday Oct 17th. In contrast, it shows 57 F Friday and 54 F Saturday for Toronto. :) :)

Pants are good...Clay noticing no pants could be better...Jerome noticing no pants could be trouble!

Fun spoiler!....but a good point, nonetheless!

For those inclined and who are able.....we could use some more "donation votes" for the National Inclusion Project HERE at America's Giving Challenge. We are #1 to win $1000 for the Project today, but are only ONE VOTE AHEAD of our nearest competitor "Angel Covers". You can "vote" for as little as a $10 donation, once a day. A $10 donation could mean $1000 for the Project. :)

ETA: "Angel Covers" just pulled even with us.....:(

Jerome noticing no pants could be trouble!

:hysterical:

Pants are good...Clay noticing no pants could be better...Jerome noticing no pants could be trouble!

Fun spoiler!....but a good point, nonetheless!

For those inclined and who are able.....we could use some more "donation votes" for the National Inclusion Project HERE at America's Giving Challenge. We are #1 to win $1000 for the Project today, but are only ONE VOTE AHEAD of our nearest competitor "Angel Covers". You can "vote" for as little as a $10 donation, once a day. A $10 donation could mean $1000 for the Project. :)

ETA: "Angel Covers" just pulled even with us.....:(

Do we need to be on FB in order to participate?

Do we need to be on FB in order to participate?

No you don't , I just donated and I don't have a Facebook account.

Thanks merrieeee, I wasn't sure! Good to know! Remember that it is not the AMOUNT of the donation but the NUMBER of them that is the decider.....and thanks so much for the help!

We're 5 ahead now with about 90 minutes to go! :04: :04:

:rainbowsmile::clap::snoopy: :04:

WE WON!!!

America's first Giving Challenge winner.....the National Inclusion Project!!

So 94 donations totalling $2,028....became $3,028 thanks to the Challenge! That's a great return on the investment.

If we could even win this one every few days...it would give us a great chance at the $50,000!

As a side note....someone donated $1000 today! :clap: My feeling is, that $1000 would likely not have come...if it wasn't for these challenges happening. They are SO good for the Project!

Good work, everyone!!

Can I contact georgiesmybaby to get a beta alpha email?

merrieeee... I pm'd her here at FCA and got multitudinous emails to use by the 15th. Kewl!!!

FromClaygary... That American's Giving Challenge... the big prize of $50,000... that would definitely be worth working for. We are in first for that, but 29 days to go. Nice prize!